The Cold Never Bothered Her Anyway

Everybody Loves Soo

[Summary: Hae Soo suddenly got a cold while working and fainted when finished serving the princes and others. While got sick, majority of people in palace worries about her and gets to spend their time at her room, bonding with her. Warning: Slight OOC going on and it is a canon divergence.]

Wang Jung

The youngest prince never got a cold before and he was aware of the fact that Soo was never a type of a girl to get cold easily due to her lively and cheerful personality. But when seeing her suddenly fainted alarmed him as he called out for help along with his brothers. When he reached for her face, he swore he felt a strong temperature, indicating that she got a flu. When she ended up stuck at her room the princes told the servants and doctors to heal her as soon as they could.

 

Seeing the girl who always smiling and free-willed losing such traits had him nearly thought she was about to die and caused his brothers felt perplexed.

 

Jung was the first person to notice her exhausted expression with a small sneezing while making a tea for the princes at pavilion. Curious and worried, he approached to her but she took a small step back, afraid she might infect him.

 

“Sis, are you okay?” He asked, “you’re sneezing a lot since this morning.”

 

His question caused his brothers glanced at the girl. Soo spun around and stared at the youngest prince while pointing herself.

 

“Me? I’m fine.” She assured him.

 

But Jung leaned forward, feeling the warm yet ominous aura around her.

 

“Are you sure? I think you’ve got yourself a fever.”

 

Soo take a one step backward.

 

“Fever? Nah~. I’m fine, your highness. Really.” Soo shrugged off with the fact of fever she has but Jung remained concerned.

 

Soo only chuckled and was about to leave before she stopped, rubbing her forehead then collapsed on her side with loud thud. Every prince had their eyes directed on her, alarmed as they stood up. Jung was the first one to react.

 

“SIS!!!” He yelled as he held the fainted court lady.

 

Fortunately, the royal doctor confirmed that Hae Soo was suffering from high fever, but she had been hiding this fact for a week, causing the fever go almost deadly. Most of the princes hesitantly left her room as Baek-Ah scolded his tenth brother for fed her a strong alcohol a week ago while Eun muttered his apology. Jung, who was left inside her room stared at her sleeping form. He sadly smiled and then made a choice.

 

“You saved me once and now it’s my turn to save you.”

 

Since then, he decided to guard her room despite his mother’s attempted persuasion to leave and rest. He only declined and stayed outside the door until Chae-Ryung arrive with a porridge.

 

Baek Ah/Woo-Hee

Baek-Ah had seen Soo being all cheery, but not this. Sick, vulnerable, and exhausted. He was scared from the moment Soo fainted not moving. And when he finally get to see her sleeping as he visited her, he thought he was seeing Myung-Hee, Soo’s cousin and Wook’s deceased wife. Especially when she was unconscious. When the news of Soo reached to her friend Woo-Hee, she gained a permission from Court Lady Oh and visited her, concern were drawn all over her face.

 

Soo opened her eyes and smiled at the two.

 

“Y-your highness?” She spoke with raspy yet cheery voice, “Woo-Hee?”

 

“I heard you were fainted…is everything alright?” Woo-Hee asked.

 

Soo only nodded with small grin. Seeing her this vulnerable, once again, reminded Baek-Ah of her cousin who was dead, with the cause of incurable disease.

 

“Soo, you almost give me a heart attack!” Baek-Ah exclaimed.

 

Hae Soo only giggled widely, reassuring them she will be fine as boasting her ‘immunity’ with deadly illness. Deep down, Soo felt guilty for causing a lot of trouble so she pretended she was alright. However, it made both Baek-Ah and Woo-Hee concerned even more. Baek-Ah sighed and as he excused himself as Woo-Hee decides to help Chae-Ryung with taking care of her friend.

 

Outside the room, oblivious to them, Baek-Ah walked to his chamber with one tear fall from his eyes, relieved that Soo didn’t have a deadly disease, feared that his friend might leave the world earlier like her cousin Lady Hae.

 

As Woo-Hee helped Chae-Ryung with Soo’s health, Baek-Ah went to his room and came back, holding one of his favorite instrument, kayagŭm*. He told them to rest as he would take care of Soo. After they left, he sat beside her on the chair. He checked on her forehead hoping that fever might have slowly diminishing but he frowned when he felt the fever had gone much worse. He instantly confirmed with that condition it would be hard for her to sleep peacefully.

 

Soo noticed the instrument as her half-lidded eyes spotted on it.

 

“D’aww~ are your here to cheer me up?” She cooed with her usual smile.

 

Baek-Ah only grinned.

 

“Hope you get well soon.” He said and he began playing the stringed instrument. The calm, melodic sound managed to help Soo with sleeping as her eyes felt heavy, drifted herself into a deep sleep.

 

Wang Eun/Park Soon-Duk

Eun nearly cried when he thought Soo was close to dying as she collapsed. Soon-Duk tried her best to reassure him it was only a high fever, but they were also concerned with their friend’s health. They were aware with the fact that Soo was the one who brought them together and they were truly appreciated. 

 

The tenth prince felt hopeless he couldn’t do anything to help his friend. He knows that Soo always puts her friends as a first than herself, trying her best to help them. Eun always liked the way she gets along and help others. He thought he could do anything to make her feel better but when watching Soo sleeping on her bed with abnormally high fever, it made his heart clenched with hurt. He kept thinking what would cheer her up.

 

Soon-Duk reminded him after Lady Hae’s funeral he used his handmade dolls and played along for her. Remembering such memories prompted him to think it would be a good idea to try them again. And so, he made another dolls inspired by his brothers and as he finished he rushed to her room where all his brother was and had Soon-Duk helped him making a puppet play.

 

Soo was aware that they were trying their best to make her smile. And it made her feel sorry so she made a loud laugh as the tenth prince faked every brother’s behaviors causing everyone tried their best not to laugh out loud.

 

“No matter what I do, I will always be forgiven,” Eun faked Won’s voice, “because, why YES, I’m HANDSOME!!!”

 

The puppet, that resembles Won, made a looking-down pose with its nose stuck up arrogantly. With that, everyone, aside from offended ninth prince, giggled. Yo, Jung, and Baek-Ah remained not to laugh slamming their hand on the floor. Even though Eun was embarrassed but noticing Soo’s laughing smile caused him to gain the confidence and continued to entertain her.

 

As he finished the play, Soo thanked the innocent and kind-hearted prince. Instead of thanking her back, he told her to get better soon as he left the room with Soon-Duk following after him.

 

Wang Won/Chae-Ryung

Hearing her lady got sick, Chae-Ryung asked the ninth prince a permission to stay with Soo until she feels better. Luckily, Won agreed as he couldn’t help but feel a slight compassion to both of them. Chae-Ryung hurriedly went straight to the kitchen making a porridge for Soo as the other servants prepared for the princes’ supper she informed them and as she watched them start their dinner she carefully held the tray of porridge and rushed to Soo’s room.

 

Soo woke up from the knocking outside her room. Smiling, she permitted her to enter as Chae-Ryung opened the door with one hand.

 

“Chae-Rung~,” Soo called out cheerfully despite her raspy voice, “long time no see.”

 

Chae-Ryung smiled but soon faded as she heard the coughing from her lady. She put the tray beside Soo’s bed and helped her sit on so she could eat the porridge. Soo assured her she could eat alone, but Chae-Ryung insisted on feeding her as Soo didn’t have any strength due to a high fever. As the servant finished feeding the porridge to Soo, she handed her a small cup of tea. Soo smiled with gratitude, complimenting on the porridge. However, Chae-Ryung was aware that when suffering from high fever the victims cannot sense the taste on foods. Yet, Soo thanked her. Slightly touched, Chae-Ryung cheered her up, saying they could go to eight prince’s residence after Soo recovers in which Soo nodded her head.

 

YeonHwa

The princess knew the childish girl was always lively and strong in some ways, but she was a bit surprised when she heard Soo’s sudden illness. She was supposed to feel delightful to hear such immature girl getting sick but on the other side, she felt disgraced that she was ‘defeated’ by a girl who easily got herself into a high fever. Required by her brother Wook, she went to Soo’s chamber with him. She glanced at her brother whose eyes had lost its light by seeing Soo lying on the bed, conditions getting worse.

 

“Soo, are you alright?” Her brother asked.

 

Soo replied yes and as her eyes set on the princess she sits up attempt to bow with respect greeting her.

 

“Stay,” The princess commanded, “you don’t have a strength to get up anyway.”

 

Taken back, but she complied as she sits on her bed.

 

“Greetings to the princess.” Soo smiled.

 

Despite the smile, it nearly made the princess felt…guilty in some way. But she quickly finds her composure with her nose slightly stuck up with pride.

 

“I’ve never thought I’d lost to such a weak child.” Yeonhwa claimed, slightly ticked with the fact that such a strong girl like Soo—who had a guts to silence her with an unknown willpower—got herself succumbed into a sickness easily.

 

Her condescending, yet concerned remarks shocked both Wook and Soo. Wook knew his sister was a prideful one who knows how to win in every battle by her sweet smile and poisonous talking but he didn’t expected her to show a rare compassion to Soo in her own way. Soo was silent for a while, then smiled widely.

 

“Then I’m sorry if I offended you,” Soo replied, “you should’ve just told me you considered me as your enemy.”

 

Princess remembered her first ‘confrontation’ with Hae Soo after the girl lost her memory. Back then, the princess was dissatisfied and grudging with the fact Queen Yoo still managed to bend her mother’s will and Yeon-Hwa lashed out on innocent girl who had just injured herself. Surprisingly, the girl was verbally strong enough to talk back to her.

 

Princess Yeon-Hwa huffed and left the room. Little did the two knew, princess was inwardly felt lonely when she didn’t have Soo to pick on, or have company with.

 

Wang Yo

The third prince was aware of the girl’s spunky and shrewd personality from the moment he saw her fought Eun. He nearly snickered by thinking of it as he remembered the tenth prince’s black eye from the left. Before he went to the pavilion he heard that Soo was with the princes serving them some teas. Thought of seeing the girl who knew about his secret fear* caused the no-nonsense yet conniving prince to smile, slightly giddy in fact. But as he entered the pavilion he sensed something was amiss from the moment he watched Soo’s trembling hand her forehead drenched with cold sweats. He frowned a little but when hearing a loud collapsing sound with her fainted nearly caused him to jump. For a moment, he felt that he now has a new fear other than the sound of thunderstorm.

 

He still remembered the time when Soo came back at her week off from Damiwon. He had seen the girl’s drunken, yet somewhat charming persona. Not to mention the girl’s mature and motherly demeanor when she knew his fear of thunder. Back then, he finally realized what made his brothers nearly risked their life to save or protect her.

 

Yo excused himself from his mother’s chamber, lying he would go to study. But in reality, he was searching for the room where Soo was sleeping. As he found the chamber he quietly knocked the door and slowly opened it. As he enters, his eyes set on Soo who was having a peaceful, yet deep slumber. Soo was no beauty as his half-sister Yeon-Hwa, as the girl possessed a petite yet innocent features. But when seeing her sleeping he immediately beg to differ the idea.

 

Yo thought he was watching a rare creature—a small fairy, perhaps. A type of a fairy no human could claim as theirs. He recalled the memory hearing Soo’s impressive storytelling when she was with his brothers, telling them many fairytales both he and they didn’t heard of. Soo once told the younger princes about a damsel, or a princess, who were often cast by sleeping curse with the prince saved them with so-called true love’s kiss. Yo found it ridiculous back then. Seeing Soo’s sleeping form perked him with curiosity; if he did the same thing fictitious, self-righteous heroes do to save the princess, would Hae Soo wake up?

 

Realizing what he had imagined, he shook his head ignoring the blood boiling from his head and chest. He quickly and gently put the small exquisite box and left the room so no one could see him.

 

The next morning the all prince visited her. Soo was looking at the small golden box contained with beautiful bluish gemstone with the size of baby’s hand.

 

“Did someone visited me last night?” She wondered.

 

Most of the prince glanced at one another asking them if either one of them gave it to her but they replied by shaking their head no. Unbeknownst to them, the third prince watched afar with a slight smirk proud of himself with picking a suiting gift for a shrewd fairy. He quietly left, putting Soo on his What-I-want-the-most list.

 

Crown Prince Wang Mu

Wang Mu, the first-born prince, visited his favorite court lady who healed his ‘sickness’ before. Hearing the news of a girl—who take care of his brothers—fainted with abnormally high fever, caused the crown prince to order Damiwon court ladies to fetch the royal doctor making sure the girl must be safe. Mu was deeply thankful for the girl’s nurture and treatments that helped him healing his sickness.

 

As he had no task for his father for now, he used his time to visit Hae Soo who was still lying on her bed surrounded by his brothers fawning over her. Even Mu could see the large gemstone gift from Yo. Mu didn’t know this lively girl could change the princes’ life. He chuckled and as he entered, they all greet them, bowing. As Soo was about to do the same, he stopped her.

 

“No need. No need. You need to rest.” Wang Mu insisted with warm smile.

 

“Greetings to the crown prince.” Hae Soo smiled bowing slightly while sat on her bed.

 

As the court ladies directed his brothers to leave Mu finally let down his reserved expression, changed into a genuine concern.

 

“I’m very sorry I couldn’t do anything to help you back.”

 

Soo shook her head.

 

“No, it’s alright, sire. I’m happy to be in your service. Having you visiting me is enough.”

 

Mu always thought of her as a little sister who always be with his brothers, managed to heal the emotional scar the fourth prince suffered since his childhood.

 

“I am really thankful for being with my brothers. Also, for being with So.”

 

Hae Soo only smiled sheepishly.

 

“Of course, sire. They are my friends. I’m the one who should be thanking everyone.”

 

Soo coughed again.

 

“Now, now. You need more rest,” Mu smiled sadly, “you don’t want to get surrounded by my overprotective brothers~.”

 

His light joke made her giggle.

 

“Thank you for visiting me. Please send Court Lady Oh my regards, that I’ll be fine.”

 

He nodded his head as he knew stern and reserved court lady has a maternal fondness to her. He was also happy that Soo had managed to bring the joy into the cruel, icy place called Palace and is aware of the fact that Soo has a most strongest ability no one in the palace possesses; make almost everyone liking and siding with her.

 

Court Lady Oh

Court Lady Oh directed other ladies to organize Damiwon. Despite her reserved and stern demeanor, she is extremely worried about Soo. She still remember the moment where she noticed the girl’s trembling hand holding the tray with cold sweat dripped from her forehead. What caused her heart nearly stopped was when Soo collapsed unconscious. She directed other court ladies to call the royal doctor and here, she was slightly nervous of the girl’s health. She entered Soo’s room to check her condition as she brought a medicines, only to find the princes with her.

 

Protective, maternal instincts kicked in, the Head Court Lady asked them to leave but they insisted on stay by her side. She noticed the stubbornness on the fourth prince’s frowning eyes. She gives in and sat on Soo’s side giving her a medicines and many medication to heal her.

 

Two hours had passed, she changed the wet towel, giving medications yet there was no sign of recovery from Soo. 

 

‘Odd…there’s no way I have made a mistake on medications… why isn’t she recovering?’ Oh Soo-Yeon thought as her frown deepened. Soo’s conditions got worsened as she made a painful coughs.

 

“What happened?”

 

Wang So asked as his eyes were on Soo’s pale face. All prince and her friends were worried, frowned with concern as Soo coughs more.

 

“It’s getting worse…” Court Lady Oh replied with her calm yet grim voice, “the fever is getting more higher. If this continues…”

 

She glanced at the princes’ expression, then made up her mind.

 

“I cannot guarantee about Soo’s life.”

 

She could see the tenth prince Eun about to faint as the fourteenth prince Jung and Soon-Duk helped him stood up. Woo-Hee felt her legs numb as Baek-Ah held her hand comfortingly. Other princes’ expressions grew darkened as Chae-Ryung was about to cry at any moment. Soo-Yeon knew that abnormal high fever can cause the death and it is deadly when the patient do not get enough medications.

 

Court Lady Oh felt her sleeves tugging. She looked at Soo who was smiling weakly, attempting to assure her.

 

“I’ll be fine…” She said as she coughs again, “it’s not anyone’s fault…”

 

Head Court Lady only nodded her head. As Hae Soo asked the princes to leave, they reluctantly complied. Court Lady Oh directed Chae-Ryung to find more medicinal herbs for Soo as the servant frantically went out to Damiwon. Woo-Hee excused herself as she bids Soo goodbye, promise to come visit again.

 

The night came, and the small window creaked open widely. The cold wind slithered inside causing Soo to cough again. In such impeccable time, Court Lady Oh entered with a porridge. She put the tray on the round table and walked towards her. She pushed the window until to barely shows the starlights making sure Soo doesn’t get cold and she could breathe a fresh air at the same time.

 

Noticing Soo’s shaking, she brought a think blanket, covering the girl’s body. As Soo woke up, she sits on. Court Lady Oh held out the porridge with wooden spoon ask if she could eat it on her own.

 

Soo nodded her head and took them an began to eat the porridge.

 

Soo-Yeon found herself relieved that the girl, who she sees as her daughter, slowly recovers. Her pale face was remained unchanged but there was a lively aura around her. As the girl finished the porridge, Court Lady Oh took the empty bowl on the tray and stood up.

 

“Try not to move a lot and take a rest.” The reserved head court lady said with a small smile as she left the room. Soo only smiled and get back to a peaceful slumber.

 

Wang Wook

The moment he saw Soo’s unconscious, collapsed body, he wished he was having a nightmare so he could woke up. Wook was pacing around as the royal doctor checked her. He told the princes that Soo was having a high fever, yet the condition was very abnormal the fever might harm her soon if she doesn’t get enough rest or eat properly.

 

When Wook saw Soo on the bed, he swore he saw Lady Hae in her. Myung-Hee. Deceased wife of his. Cousin to a girl who was a daughter to her. Myung-Hee died and now Soo? No. She’s not dying. Yet, Wook didn’t want to imagine. His thoughts were erased as he heard a painful cough. Soo coughed again and again. He knows she was slowly recovering, but she looked as if she was close to losing her own life. He wished he could get her out of the palace so she could be healthy and lively as she once was.

 

“Your highness?”

 

Wook finally noticed his eyes wet from many droplets dripping down on his cheeks.

 

“Soo…are you feeling better now?”

 

Soo smiled and nodded her head.

 

“Yes,” Soo replied, “you don’t need to visit me everyday.”

 

Wook walked closer to her. He sat on the chair and patted her head.

 

“Soo…I—”

 

“You don’t need…to say anything.” Soo said.

 

Wook blinked his eyes as she said.

 

“I do not wish to give you any burden…” Soo continued as she smiled.

 

Wook smiled, unable to restrain any tears.

 

‘I thought—we thought— we were losing you…’ Wook said himself in his mind.

 

He heard the princes came. He excused himself and rushed outside rubbed his eyes with his hand. He often offered her to be allowed to go outside the palace, but Soo insisted as she wants to be someone who could be helpful to others.

 

Wang So

The notorious fourth prince, who brought the rain saving the country from the drought, came back from Songak. He heard the news from Baek-Ah, that Soo had fainted while working. Worry and fear took over him, he went straight to Damiwon, where Soo was unconscious. He entered the room where his brothers and Soo’s friends were beside her. What he saw on the bed nearly felt his legs numb. Hae Soo. The lively, caring girl who cheekily talked back to him, was lying on her bed, drenched with cold sweat, face was pale and burning. Coughing, panting, there was a lukewarm towel on her forehead. She nearly looked like a dead body.

 

Even the Court Lady Oh found challenging to recover her health. He was told that due to the over-working and stress, her fever got worsened. Stuck in the palace might have deteriorated her health. When the head court lady said she cannot guarantee the girl’s life if worse, he wished it was all lie. A cruel lie made by Soo.

 

Every time, Court Lady Oh asked all the prince to keep out, he refused to leave. After many confrontation, the head court lady gave in, allowed him to stay with Soo. As everyone left, he walked over, inspecting every trace of her face. She was sleeping. And he intended not to disturb her. Every night, every day, he didn’t leave her room guarding in case if anything suspicious might harm her. Luckily, Court Lady Oh, Chae-Ryung, Baek-Ah, Woo-Hee, Eun and Soon-Duk visited and keep Soo company. So almost swore he felt a twinge of jealousy when the princes, including Eun, Wook, Jung, Yo, and Baek-Ah, fawned over her. She replied she was fine and after few hours, they left.

 

“Your highness.”

 

She called him as he turned to her.

 

“Is there something you want to tell me?”

 

Yep, that’s her…So thought with a smile, but faded as she coughed again. So couldn’t say anything for a while as seeing his “person” was close to leave him.

 

“What? You thought I was dead? D’aw, you really care about me~!” Soo attempted to lighten up the mood but she was interrupted by So who held her hand.

 

Soo blinked her eyes as she watched every movement So made.

 

“I told you already…,” So said, threatened by the overwhelming emotions but smiled nonetheless, “that you are not allowed to leave me or die…I should have told you, you are also not allowed to get yourself sick.”

 

“Oh sure, here you go. All over again with those ‘your person’ and yaddi-yaddi yadda. I think you should remember one tiny details~,” Soo then screamed, “I’M NOT A PRIZE TO BE WON, NOR POSSESS—”

 

But she coughed again. Despite the coughing, So noticed her face had its colors returned, indicating her slow recovery.

 

“I could see that you’re feeling better, judging by the way you scream at me.” So smiled worriedly.

 

Soo smiled back.

 

“Just…don’t worry about me. You might get a cold.” Soo said, concerned that So had always been with her for the last week.

 

“I won’t get a cold…,” So insisted, “besides…”

 

He leaned forward and gave Soo a teasing kiss on her lips.

 

“Cold never bothered me anyway.”

 

They swore they felt a warm sensation all over their face. Little did either one of them knew, the 13th prince was peeking and listening on to them while smiling.

 

Epilogue:

Fortunately, Soo had managed to win from the battle with high fever for the last two weeks. The royal doctor told her she was fully recovered and is allowed to move around again. But making sure she does not overwork on herself. Soo immediately went to pavilion where all the prince drank their tea while enjoying the view.

 

When their eyes were on Soo, they stood up and ran up to her. Eun, Jung, and Baek-Ah was happy to see her back as other princes came along.

 

“Sis!! Are you okay now?” Jung asked.

 

“Yes. Never been better.” Soo replied.

 

“Does that mean you are making our favorite teas everyday?” Eun asked, excited.

 

“Absolutely.”

 

Soo was greeted by her friends. Woo-Hee was glad to see her friend lively as usual while Yeon-Hwa only huffed, but inwardly relieved to see the girl being healthy as she could confront, or at least, socialize with her. Chae-Ryung ran and gave her lady a big hug while wailing.

 

“Miss, you’re ALIVE~!!!!!!” She wailed as Soo hugged her back.

 

“Of course, I’m alive.”

 

Chae-Rung cried out in happiness as Won dragged her away, giving Soo some space to breathe. Wook was smiling as he was pleased to see Soo back. Soo noticed there was something amiss as she spun around. She tilted her head and as she spotted Baek-Ah, she ran to him.

 

“Sire? Where’s fourth prince?” She asked.

 

Baek-Ah glanced at her while rubbed his head awkwardly.

 

“Well…”


“Today, I’m seeing something no one else get to see…” Soo said.


Hae Soo and rest of the princes was at the fourth prince Wang So’s chamber. There he was, lying on his bed with his cheeks red with cold sweat. Soo remembered the time when she had a real conversation with So for the first time since she got a fever. 


“Can this day get any worse?” Soo groaned.

 

That night, she was complaining with the fact that she has to stuck in her chamber. So only laughed heartedly. As she saw So, she had an idea. To get back at him for kiss her without her permission.


“Now what did you do?” Baek-Ah asked mischievously.

 

“Nothing.” Soo replied.

 

“Nothing, you say?” So said, annoyed and stressed as he rose up, “after all what you did to me for the last two weeks, you’re expecting me to NOT GET A FEVER?!”

 

“Yes.” Soo replied bluntly, causing Baek-Ah and Mu to giggle.

 

“Fine.” So said as laid on his bed again, gave up confronting her.

 

“Oh brother, you just don’t know what you got yourself into…”

 

Soo stared at Baek-Ah.

“What do you mean?”

 

Baek-Ah was amazed with her cluelessness.

“Seriously? Look at him; sweaty hands, red cheeks, fastening heartbeats, and he’s literally CLUTCHING his chest tightly as if he has a heart disease!!!”

 

“I’m pretty much sure it does not related to the high fever…” Mu added, amused.

 

“He might be stuck like this more a month.” Choi Ji-Mong informed.

 

“If worse, maybe one year?” Yo said, smirking.

 

“Oh you look WAY~ fairer than the Snow White~” Baek-Ah added.

 

They all laughed along as they went outside, leaving So and Soo alone. Soo approached to him with a smile.

“That’s for kissing me without my permission.” Soo informed with a smirk.

So only chuckled, revealing his white flashing teeth that could remind her a wolfish grin. Then, So smiled as he held her hand.

“That means you have to ‘babysit’ me for a month.” So smiled.

Soo was slightly fumed, but nonetheless sighed.

“Okay, at least you’re not gonna go all careless with your health and stuck in your miserable room.” She remarked sarcastically.

 

Soo noticed she must go to work and was about to leave, but his hand didn’t let her go.

“Your highness,” Soo called out, “be a good boy—I mean, man, and let go off of my hand.”

 

But he kept holding her hand. What she didn’t expect was So’s next tactics. His usual sarcastic, aloof, and cold eyes of the wolf was transformed into a rather naturally winsome, sympathetic, and pouting eyes of a wolf-cub. Soo swore that was called as a “puppy eyes” attack, but seeing him using that made her gave up and stay, much to So’s victory.
Since then, So made every opportunity to make Soo stay at his room for a long time, letting her spoiling and taking care of him.

 

1*: Kayagum is Korean traditional instrument.

2: (Read chapter 1 to make sure you understand)