09

Fantasy⑯
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

young..

Nayoung...

Nayoung....

I hear voices. Voices..calling out for me. Who are these familiar voices? Slowly, I forced my heavy eyelids open. My eyes are blurry and I could only see blobs of what seemed like people crowding around me. 

"Nayoung unnie! Thank god!" A blob pulled me into a bear hug. I tried to sit up and reach to rub my pounding head and eyes. 

Finally, my vision cleared. I glanced around to see many concerned eyes of Nct, the Fantasy members, staffs and a medic. Yerim, who brought me in to the hug, pulled away.

"Are you all right?" Doyoung asked in a worried tone. He was soaked from head to toe. He didn't participate in the last trial, did he?

"That was really reckless of you." EunB shook her head and sighed. "We were so worried."

Everything came flooding back to me now that I remember what happened. Who was the one that saved me? Was it..Doyoung? Could it be that he jumped in the water to rescue me? It does seem like something he would do. But then again, it could also be one of the staffs but none of them were soaked.

"You didn't have to go that far." Taeyong said patted my back.

"But thanks to you, we won." Yuta held out a hand. My heart pounded against my chest as i reached for his hand and he pulled me up to my feet. For some reason, I immediately missed the warmth of his hand when he let go.

"Congrats." Jinah whispered next to me with a smile.

"Thanks." 

The cameraman filmed us celebrating and announcing our team as the winners. I couldn't help but let out a grin. Even if there was no prize after all that hard work, it was as Doyoung said. It feels good to win. 

In the middle of the small celebration, I caught on to Yuta who was walking away from  the set. Not thinking much about it, I turned back to the group. 

"We'll edit out the last part of the last trial." I heard one of he cameramen say.

-

All of the Fantasy members suggested that I should rest and that was exactly what I did. I laid in the bunk bed Sooyeon and I shared. Claiming the top bunk, I stared at the ceiling, recalling all the events that happened today.

"Thanks to you, we won." 

I couldn't get Yuta out of my mind lately and it wasn't me at all. I was feeling different. I was acting different. 

Could it be that..he likes me? I mean, after all that work on trying to help me improve my dancing...there could be a chance. There was also a chance that he showed me the secret room in the basement because he thought I was different. It made me feel special. But why would he like me? Most important of all; what was I thinking? 

I buried my face with Sooyeon's stuffed animal. The both of us have changed drastically from the first time we met. We were both rude and immature. But after all these months, I think we've both opened our hearts a little more.

Suddenly, I was thinking about Jinah. Right...Jinah likes Yuta. A part of me wishes that Yuta doesn't like her back and I hate myself for thinking that.

"I must be going crazy." I hugged the stuffed animal tighter.

Deciding that I needed some fresh air, I climbed down the bunk and swung on a jacket before leaving the dorm. I passed by the practice room where the Fantasy members and Nct were happily chatting with each other. 

I wanted to join in on the fun which I normally don't like doing. But I didn't want the members to worry so I stepped back and continued my walk. After paying for a strawberry milk juice box at the vending machine, I sat down on the stairs to the second buildingーwhere I always sat.

The breeze was nice today and it was good to de-stress a bit. 

"What are you doing alone here?" Doyoung occupied the stop next to me, his own banana milk in hand.

"Nothing much. I was just thinking about today." 

He grinned. "Well, you won. How does it  feel?"

I looked up at the stars and stretched my arms. Smiling, I replied, "You were right. It feels really good. Especially since I won against Jinah." 

"Hm? Jinah? Why her?" Doyoung sipped the last of his banana milk.

"Jinah is someone I have been jealous of..I admit it. She's pretty, she's great at dancing, she has amazing luck and everything just miraculously goes her way. But she's so sweet and kind that I can never hate her no matter what she does." I opened my mouth to say more of what was on  my mind but realized that I had just told my secret to someone.

I expected him to call me a jealous human being and give me a disapproving stare like the ones my relatives have given me before. Instead, he laughed. "Is that what you've been keeping in all this time? You're always so quiet, this is a surprise."

I didn't know if that was an insult or a statement so I kept quiet. He nudged me with his elbow, "You don't need to be jealous. I'm sure there will be a time where things don't go her way."

I sighed, "I guess so."

For a minute or two, it was silent, just watching the cars drive by and the street lights flicker. Still at this hour, the streets are busy. 

"Hey, Doyoung?"

  He hummed in response 

"Thanks for..you know, saving me t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter