07

Fantasy⑯
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I tap my foot impatiently against the marble floor. I insisted that it would be fine if Yuta and I had to ride the elevator with another person. But Yuta had so obstinately pushed the idea away saying that it had to be only me and him, alone. This had to be at least the sixth time the elevator had gone up and down, and each time there was someone waiting to use the elevator with us. 

I would had suggested that we go on first and wait until the person or people leave but it was a busy hour and many would have to use the elevator.

"Let's take the sta.." I started but was interrupted by a 'ding' sound the elevator made.

"Finally." Yuta muttered under his breath. "Now at this point it's just you and m-" He spoke too soon. 

"Wait up!" 

Yuta moved his head to the side and raised an eyebrow when he sees Red Velvet in their stage outfits running towards us. He repeatedly pressed the 'close' button before any of them could reach the elevator. 

"That was close." He let out a sigh of relief. I watch as his hands skimmed over the button options until he stops at a particular one and takes off the tape. 

"I thought we weren't suppose to go there?" I watch in confusion as he presses the button and chucks the tape past my head.

I remembered when I first arrived at SM five years ago, the first thing I was told was to never take myself to the basement. I never knew why but that's why it was always taped.

"Never mind that." He smiles and I slightly narrowed my eyes. I cautiously followed him out of the elevator.

This was my first time at the basement of SM and it was exactly what I imagined. The only light source was coming from a window across from the room. Not to mention it was a bit chilly. 

"Is this place haunted." I ask. 

"No." He said bluntly. 

I let myself drift off to where my members were. The other 3 teams were probably done competing with each other by now.

 Since there was an extra member, two teams that were picked from a hat, compete against each other and the winner team of that round competes with the other group. From then on, the loser team gets a member eliminated. 

I sigh quietly and only then I found myself wrapping my arms around my body. I stopped when I felt a soft, warm cotton material over my shoulders. Turning to my right, I noticed that Yuta wasn't wearing the blue jacket he was wearing a few seconds ago.  

"I don't need it." I say slipping the jacket off handing it back to him. 

He just smiled. "Sure you do. At least wear it until we get there." 

Yuta took the his jacket out of my hands and placed it over my shoulder again. "We're almost there. No, we are here." 

I stepped inside the room. A practice room. The lights flickered on. It was huge, and I mean huge. It was bigger than the practice room we used back on the practice floor. What was this doing down here?  

"T-this is amazing." There was a grand piano in the corner of the room, a TV hanging from the silver glittery stars that scattered the ceiling,  a video game station, a speaker of course, a refrigerator and much more furniture. 

The purpose of this place was mostly to practice but it was so different from all the other practice rooms.  

"This is where all the SM idols and trainees go when they feel down or need to relieve their stress." Yuta informed.

 "That sounds kinda nice, I wonder why no one is allowed to come here." I said. 

"This is kind of an off-limits place now due to the amount of idols that come down here just to play games. The company won't allow that." Yuta replied. "You know the rules. You join, you have to work for the company, not slack off." 

I nodded as I finally understood why that would be a problem. I looked towards the door where Yuta was standing but he wasn't there. 

The lights flickered in the outside hallway and Yuta came in right through the door. "I should

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter