03

Fantasy⑯
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The day of the Survival Show came by quickly. The members and I stood backstage anxiously waiting until the clock struck 8:00 a.m. We were finally going to be known worldwide, we were finally going to be on TV. I sipped on my water repeating the same thing over in my head. All I had to do is survive.                        

"Fantasy members, please go up on stage." Our director pushed us up the stairs individually.

"Unnie! It's finally happening!" Yerim squealed as she tugged on my sleeve. My mouth was agape at how huge the stage looked from my view especially when we stood in the middle.

"3, 2, 1, recording!" The cameraman shouted. I in my breath. I was on TV.

"Hello, we are Fantasy16 in hopes that our fantasies will come true." We greeted and bowed. Along with the representative Kang Hyunshik, Lee Sooman and other judges sat up tall looking as imitating as ever.

"That's right." Kang Hyunshik breathed out a sigh. "It's unfortunate that not all of you will be able to debut together."

The others smiled sadly amongst each other with a nod. "Yes, we understand." 

"We wish good luck to you but first we still divide you in the 'Begin' or 'End' section from what we've seen in the past." He used his hands to point to the huge signs. 

"Which one is good, which one is bad?" Jinah whispered with a confused expression.

"I'm guessing Begin is supposedly a good result." Lina crossed her arms and bit her lip staring at the signs intensely. Lina was one that trained for the longest time. Her vocal was almost on par with Taeyeon but with a little less experience.

"But," Kang Hyunshik started which stopped all of our whispers. "No matter which side you go to, it all depends on your performance today. You can move up to 'Begin' or down to the 'end'."

It all depends on how I prepared. I squeezed my eyes shut when he started calling off names. If only Yuta didn't stop my practice yesterday or make me get a mental breakdown, I would have practiced more. Come to think of it, I would never want to experience something like that ever again.

I glanced up when it was silent. I noticed that Yerim who was the only one standing to my left had already gone off to the 'Begin' side. Lucky brat. That was when I realized it came to me and Jinah who were left to be placed on a side. 

She put her hands together and brought it up to her face. Kang Hyunshik held up his mike. The suspense was killing me and I was as nervous as any of the other members. The palms of my hands started to sweat. "Lee Sooman will announce it."

They laughed but to be honest this wasn't a joke to me. 

"Im Nayoung," There was a long pause. If he wasn't the CEO of this company and if we weren't recording I would have lost it. "End."

I let out a quiet sigh. What have I been expecting? Jinah gasped and turned over to me with an apologetic look. "I'm sorry, no hard feelings?" She held out her hand. 

I wasn't one to feel jealous of someone but I just couldn't help but grit my teeth a little. "It's okay, good job." I shook her hand and we shared a hug. We split ways into our sides and sat down. 

It was time to show off our talents.

-

The first day ended and it was honestly the worst. I wouldn't be able to face my mom if the first episode gets aired. I performed my dance without a soul left in my body. The judges had commented that my dancing was dull, with no meaning, my expressions were unnatural. Not one part of their words were positive. 

I was number 14. No, rank 14 out of 16.

I ran down the stairs to the back of the SM building. I went out to get some fresh air. I leaned against the door and stared straight up. There was one thing going through my mind, I'm scared of what's going to happen next.

"What are you looking at?" A hand found itself on my shoulder. "Your members are working hard and practicing, what are you doing here, alone?" Yuta chuckled. 

Yesterday's flashback played in my mind. I somehow hoped that it wouldn't be awkward the next time Yuta and I see each other. "I..just needed some fresh air." I claimed. "What about you?" I raised a brow.

"I'm delivering something to the 2nd building." He said holding up a few documents. I looked around in case of any paparazzi's and pushed Yuta in the building.

"You're famous now, it wouldn't be good if rumors start." I said before he had a chance to say anything else.

"You're being caring now aren't you?" He widened his already wide smile. I had to admit, it was attractive and any girl would fall in love with it.

"I'm just saying, when I debut in the future it would be bad for my career." A lie. I don't know if I'll make it to the end of the show.

Yuta looked me up and down with no emotion. "You seem pretty confident in debuting from the Survival show."

There was a moment of sha

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter