010

Fantasy⑯
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

"Going out? Are the two of you even allowed to date?" Mark questioned. He rapidly looked back and forth between Jinah and Yuta.

Yuta shrugged, "As long as we don't get caught." 

"Even if we do get caught, will you guys cover for us?" Jinah asked, hope gleaming in her eyes. 

I looked at the new couple with my mouth agape. Jealousy filled me up. I couldn't say that I didn't expect this coming but I felt upset. I can't believe I even had a thought about Yuta liking me. Just thinking about it made me feel embarrassed.

"Of course! I give you guys one hundred percent of my support!" Seulmi exclaimed followed by 'yeah''s and a few catcalls from the members of both groups. 

I half-heatedly joined in with a forced smile. I don't think someone would be very happy knowing that the person they like is going out with someone other than themーthat is including me.

I shivered, feeling three pairs of eyes staring straight at me. Looking up, the first pair was Doyoung, but he quickly turned away sheepishly rubbing his neck. The second pair was Lucas. As if he could read my mind, he gave me a look that said 'told you so' referring to me having a 'thing' for Yuta.

The third pair was from Minji. She gave me a hard stare. Unlike the others, she didn't look away. A few seconds later, she was in front of me.

"What's with that look? Don't tell me...you like him." Minji raised a brow. We sat in the corner of the room. 

"Who's 'he'?" I asked pretending to act oblivious. I remember telling her about the conflict between Yuta and I before the survival show started. She didn't say a thing about it after that and I was grateful.

Minji rolled her eyes, "Who do you think? Yuta, duh."

I cringed at myself. She found out so quickly. Sighing, I watched the members crowd around the couple. "You're right. I do like him." 

This time, it was her turn to sigh. "Still I'm surprised though, even if it’s a bit obvious. After what happened between you guys." 

"He changed, he's a good person now..although I think it was Jinah who changed him." I muttered. 

Minji shook her head and got up, patting my shoulder before leaving me alone. In the midst of the crowd, I made eye contact with Jinah. She held up her and Yuta's intertwined hands and smiled happily. I know she didn't mean to rub it in my face but it kinda stung.

-

It was 3 a.m. I had stayed behind to practice the choreography. This round in the survival show is all about popularity and charming the audience. 

I packed up my stuff and closed the door behind me. I was exhausted. If it weren't for the soft 'ruff!' in the distance, I would've fallen asleep and collapsed right there and now. Out of curiosity, I rounded the corner to the empty lounge room. And out of nowhere, something leaped onto me in the dark. 

The lights flickered on.

"Nayoung?" 

There in my arms was a puppy. Its leg in a bandage.  In front of me was Yuta. "What are you doing here?"

"I was-"

"Stop, that tickles." I say as the puppy enthusiastically my face. I tumbled backwards at the unbalanced weight and landed on my bottom. My lips twitched up as I laughed imagining how silly this scene must've looked.

Click

My smile disappeared and I looked up in surprise. Yuta was holding his cellphone towards my direction. "S-sorry..you looked kinda cute so I couldn't help myself." He grinned.

I clutched my shirt trying to calm down my fluttering heart. "Jinah wouldn't be happy with you saying these things." I pointed out.

Yuta gently lifts the puppy out the the way and grabs both of my wrists to pull me up. "Jinah wouldn't mind because she knows that she will always be number one to me."

I pressed my lips together in a straight line. I'm not going to be jealous. I'm sure Jinah liked Yuta way before I did so I had no right to be angry. We settled on the couch and I put my bag on the floor, quietly observing him entertaining himself with the puppy. 

"I thought pets weren't allowed in the building." I busied myself by rummaging through my bag. Though I had nothing specific to find, it was to distract myself from looking at Yuta. I hadn't noticed before or maybe I just never admitted it but he is quite attractive.

"Actually, I found him on the streets. He was injured and I couldn't just leave him like that so I took him in." Yuta hushed the small animal when it barked. "What should we name him?"

"Your call." Before it starts to look awkward, I managed to find a er in my bag. I unwrapped it and placed the er in my mouth.

"What about Yuta?" He grinned that smile of his. "He's cute, just like me."

"You're kidding." Secretly inside, I agreed with him. 

"I'm not. It's my dog now." He said. The puppy wagged his tail and anticipated with hopeful eyes. "Ah, I've got

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter