04

Fantasy⑯
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"I want to help you." He said sincerely. My mind went through a blur as questions blew up my mind. Why would he want to help me?  

I thought back to our conversation earlier while walking through the empty hallways of SM. I pushed myself forward as I placed a foot in front of the other and repeating the routine.           

"Meet me back here today in this practice room at 7 p.m. I have something to show you." Yuta had said.

I had a feeling that maybe I should goーI had plenty of time to decide anyways. I'll take any chance to improve. 

I turned around the corner, almost crashing into someone along the way. He leaned down to pick up what he had dropped. I couldn't see his face but I recognized his vibrant hair color. "This burger was suppose to be for Taeyong..but I couldn't find him." Doyoung mumbled.

I was starting to wonder if he was talking to himself or not. Doyoung shoved a burger wrapped in foil to my face. "Do you want it?" 

With my hand, I slightly pushed the burger back a few centimeters. "I think I'm good." 

Doyoung shrugged his shoulders. He unwrapped the foil and took a big bite. It was funny how he resembled a bunny which I found kinda cute, I didn't realize I was staring at him until he waved a hand in my face. "Hello? Earth to Nayoung?" 

I blinked out of my reverie and mentally slapped myself for zoning out for a moment. "I'm listening." I pathetically said.

"I didn't say anything though." Doyoung laughed and ruffled my hair. I let out a quiet grunt. "How's the survival show going?"

I was a bit self-conscious talking about the idea of the survival show. I'd be lying if I say I was doing fine, but it wasn't the first time I had lied. I didn't know if I should trust Yuta but he's my only hope to improvement. "I don't really accept failure." Although I've failed many times before. 

"No weak points? Come on! Everyone must have something they're not very good at." He exclaimed. Should I tell him? That I'm actually a terrible singer? 

"Well.." Everyone's eventually gonna find out anyways. "My vocals..." 

Doyoung lit up almost immediately at my answer. "Singing? I'm one of Nct's main vocalist! Maybe I can help you with your tone and you know, things like that. Meet me at the vocal training room at 7:00 p.m tonight." 

With that, he fled down the halls and I was left debating what I should do. I started walking away from my spot, entering my own world of thoughts again. Maybe I could ask one of them to change the time we meet up.  

I wasn't exactly going back to practice yet. First I am getting something to digest though I feel bad the others are working hard and starving themselves.  

I recognized the light from the dark hallway to the front doors. Before I could exit the building, I caught a hand moving to catch my attention. Yuta grinned widely once I spotted him by the stair case. A step higher than him was Jinah herself leaning against the railing. "Nana, what's up?" 

"Nana?" I questioned at the nickname. 

Jinah nodded. "It's been a while since I've called you that." She giggled to herself. 

I didn't completely hate the name but I hope she doesn't call me that for too long. I turned to Yuta, almost forgetting that he was there, but I hesitated to ask if he could change the time to meet up. 'Not in front of Jinah, she'll find out.' Although Jinah and the others knew I was ranked pretty low, I hated to look weak in front of the members. The only person I showed my weak side to was Yuta.  

"If you would excuse us, Yuta and I are going out to eat something." Jinah said happily. "See you later, Nana."  

What's with these two? This whole time, Yuta hadn't said anything. "What if the rumors bloom? We haven't even debuted yet. If dating rumors spread about you two even though you guys aren't even dating, it would be-" I stopped myself before I showed that I cared.  

"Chill for a bit!" She laughed. "That's what masks are for. Besides, we're just going out to eat because he promised after he lost a game of rock, paper, scissors to me. Nothing special. It'll be like an idol-trainee bonding thing." 

"Well, have fun." I eyed Yuta as he shot me another grin and covered his face with a mask before they left the building. I followed 5 minutes later to the nearest cafe, minding my own business. 

-

I entered the practice room where only the sub-unit Nct Dream stayed at the moment. "Noona." The members bowed. 

I gave a curt nod. The Fantasy members were probably out to grab something to eat. I guess we just have different timings and thoughts. 

"Noona, Noona!" Haechan energetically bounced over. "Let's have a dance battle."  

I was left puzzled why they would randomly request a dance battle.  

"Hey, I don't think that's a very good idea. Nayoung noona still has to practice for the survival show." Mark says. 

I set down my stuff. "I won't hold back." I started to stretch my arms. 

"Is it really okay?" Mark asks worriedly. "I mean the filming for episode 2 will be in a few days."  

"It's fine. I'll practice during the battle." I said confidently for the first time in a while. 

Renjun the music. Cheers could be heard throughout the room and a few rooms down the hall but after a while, Haechan collapsed out of breath. "I think noona wins this round." Jeno laughed. 

I

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter