Black Magic Class

Green Hill Academy

 


 

“It is my job to arm you against the foulest creatures known to supernatural kind.” Prof. Seo said after noting a long list of penalty point.

“In this occasion, I will teach you some spells that you can use against your enemy. But remember, there will be some spells with strong effect, and you are not allowed to use it if you aren’t ready yet. Especially, for the newbies who aren't familiar with those spells.” He continued, “Now open your book, page 194.” He commanded.

Every student in the room can’t help but rushing to do as told, or at least pretends to open their book, of course to safe their remaining points. Prof. Seo spent more than thirty minutes to explain how to use some spell, monster’s weaknesses, and the danger of using a spell they aren’t ready for.

“Let’s practice it now.” Prof. Seo said, “There are various kinds of dangerous creature in each of these cards. Your job is to defeat the creature that you get until you get it back into the card.” He explained.

“Remember that the creatures aren’t real. It’s bewitched to look like what’s on your card.” He continued, “Now, form a line and choose your own card, and don’t ever flip it until your turn.”

Students rush to form a line and choose a card one by one and silently back to their seat, heart pounding while waiting for their turn.

“Well, let’s start from Cha Hakyeon.” Prof. Seo said. N got up from his seat and stepped forward merrily as he flipped his card. Some students scream in fear as he read what’s on his card. He got a hellhound, deadly supernatural creatures which serve demons for various reasons. He smirked as the hellhound trying to beat him as soon as it appears. And as expected of the greatest student, he beat the hellhound almost immediately.

“Wonderful, Hakyeon. Incredible.” Prof. Seo praised as he pat N’s shoulder, cracked a smile to him. “Now, Lee Minhyuk turns.” Prof. Seo called the next student.

Minhyuk stepped forward to join his teacher, did a high five when he meet N on his way. His lip formed a grin as he figured out what’s on his card. He got a crocotta, a supernatural monster which feed on human souls. He casted a spell, proudly aimed a form of sharp light to behead the crocotta. Prof. Seo cracked another smile as he muttered a commendation.

“Lee Jaehwan.” Prof. Seo called. Ken flipped his card and read it proudly. He got a wendigo, kind of supernatural monsters that retain little human features in common. Ken wasted no time to cast a spell and burn it to death.

“Great, Jaehwan.” Prof. Seo gave an applause, “now it girls turn. Jung Eunji, come join me.”

Eunji flipped her card and got a rugaru, supernatural creature that feed on human flesh. Her body was trembling on fear when the rugaru appears, but managed to burn it alive in one shot. Park Chorong successfully defeated a pair of vetala – a type of monster, almost snake-like – without any trouble, while Choi Yuna defeated a were-lion with a lot of scream. Hwang Eunbi defeated a hydra –many-headed serpent – after half an hour of trying to escape from the class room.

“Let me see how well our newbie doing.” Prof. Seo turned to face Suga, “Min Yoongi, would you join me, please?”

“What? Me?” Suga asked in disbelieve.

“Yes, you. Come on, don’t be shy. Come on.” Prof. Seo persuaded.

“Flip your card!” Prof. Seo ordered once Suga stand in his side and Suga immediately did as told. His hand trembling as he figured out what he has gotten, a wendigo, a same creature whom Ken got. Cold sweat start to fill his entire body as the monster appears in front of him.

“Okay, focus on it. Cast the spell at the ready.” Prof. Seo guided. Suga took a deep breath, counting from three to one then muttered some words and aiming a form of purple light to the wendigo.

“Not bad, Min Yoongi.”Prof. Seo praised, “Next, Jung Hoseok.” He called another name. Jung Hoseok also got a pair of vetala, successfully beat them after struggling for a long moment.

“Next, uhm.... Kun-pi... mook... Eyy, how to read this name?” Prof. Seo looked confused.

“Kunpimook Bhuwakul, it’s me, sir. But it’s kinda hard to pronounce so just call me Bambam.”

“I didn’t ask you to introduce yourself though, but it is okay since it can safe my tongue.” Prof. Seo shrugged, “hurry, and flip your card.”

Bambam flip his card proudly, and a wendigo appears in no time. He already saw two students defeated a wendigo, and he was sure he could do well. So he tried to cast a spell without a thought. It was a same spell which Ken used. A dazzling light appear right after he casted that spell, swirling around him and shot a male student instead. Everyone but the victim laughed at the fact. Alea was the first person who burst in laugh. She remembered a moment when she did it to her teacher. Next person to burst in laugh was Eunji, technically meant to tease Alea.

“Oh, hey, please stop it. What the heck are you doing? I told you don’t ever use a spell you aren’t ready for.” Prof. Seo scolded, “See what you’ve done. You burned your friend’s .”

“Hakyeon, help him to clean away this messiness.” Prof. Seo ordered.

“Yes, Sir.”

“Kim Nayeong.” Prof. Seo called the next student. Nayeong flipped her card and read it hesitantly, voice shaking as she mentions its name, davea, a creature of shadow. Chill fill her body as a shadow approached her. She tried to find a spell to cast, but came up blank. So she end up scream loudly and then fainted.

“Yah, are you really a witch? How can you ....” Prof. Seo cut off, let out a dramatic sigh, “take her to medical building!” He ordered, got a nod from two female students immediately.

“Next, Kim Sebin. Flip your card and come join me.” Prof. Seo commanded.

Alea flipped her card and froze when the fact hit her. Some students screamed in horror, eyes widened in shock right after they figured out what she has gotten. She was so afraid of this kind of supernatural creature after what they did recently, yet she never see one. She even knew that it’s hard to deal with.

“Oh My God, it’s a reaper.” Some students murmured.

“Wait! What’s wrong here? I never put a reaper in any card.” Prof. Seo shocked.

“What?! So where is it came from?” N and Jaehwan questioned in unison.

Everything began to get dark and cold around them as a reaper begins to appear. It was a huge one with red, fire-like eyes, who is ready to take lives. Alea still froze in her position, doesn’t know what to do. She was totally clueless. Her teacher didn’t even explain its weakness, so she ended up close her eyes helplessly, waiting for a miracle to happen. It was the last thing she can remember as everything become dark and she couldn’t hear anything.

 

“Kim Sebin, step aside! I will handle it.” Prof. Seo commanded, but Alea did not seem to listen to him. Instead of obey, she took a few step forward, raised her head to stare right to the reaper’s red eyes.

“Alea, back off! It’s dangerous.” Eunji yelled, but Alea was clearly not listening. She started to cast a spell, murmuring words which familiar in the teacher’s ear.

“Yah, Kim Sebin, stop it! You are not ready yet for that spell.” Prof. Seo ordered, but completely disobeyed by Alea.

“I said stop it.” Prof. Seo yelled.

“Lea-ya, stop it. What’s wrong with you?” N tried to stop her by grabbing her hand, startled when he noticed that her hand is so cold. Alea tried to release her hand from N’s grip, but it was too strong.

“Lea-ya, do you hear me? Don’t do it.” N persuaded. Still, she wasn’t listening. All she does was aiming that spell to the reaper. A form of crimson light shot its chest and causing it to rage violently.

Another scream filled the whole room when four windows in the left side cracked. Branches slipped through the broken windows and trapped the reaper. Alea start to cast a same spell, aiming it right to its head causing it to collapse on the floor, breathless. It was completely dead.

“How could ....” Prof. Seo cut off, speechless. He was just about to attack her with hundred questions when he saw his student lost her balance and fainted. Fortunately, N managed to catch her before she hit the braches.

“Everyone, calm down! Class dismissed. Go back to your dorm! Prof. Seo yelled.

“I SAID BACK TO YOUR DORM! RIGHT NOW!”

 

***

 

“Who taught her that spell?” Dongsuk asked for the third time.

“She said she doesn’t know. She did not even remember what she had done.” Inguk let out a heavy sigh.

“You almost kill a student, hyung.” Dongsuk scowled, but Inguk was clearly not listening. He was too deep into his thought.

“But who the hell dare to put a reaper in my monster cards?” Inguk questioned.

“What are you talking about?” Jungtae asked in disbelieve.

“I never put a reaper in any of my beast cards. And you all knew no one dares to touch my stuff.” Inguk explained.

“What?! So who in the earth did it?” Jungtae startled.

“I think something went wrong. We don’t know who on earth did it and what they want, but he must have a foul reason.” Dongsuk said, grinning in distress.

“I think so,” Jungtae nodded, “and that new student, who is she?” He asked.

“I don’t know. But Hyunjoon hyung seems to know her. He personally asked Hakyeon to look after her. He wouldn’t do it without a reason.” Dongsuk answered.

“You’re right. Hyunjoon wouldn’t do something without any reason.” Jungtae said, immediately got a nod from the others.

“She reminds me of Taewoo.” Inguk murmured.

“You meant our Kim Taewoo?” Dongsuk raised his eyebrows, tried to make sure that the one that Inguk mentioned was their best friend Kim Taewoo.

“Yeah, our Kim Taewoo.Inguk nodded, “Looks like she has an unpredictable power, just like Taewoo.”

“By any chance, is she Taewoo’s daughter? She has a same name.” Jungtae tried to mention his opinion.

“It’s impossible. His daughter had died that night, when Hyunshik burn out their house.” Dongsuk frowned, seems lost in his thought.

“That must be hard for him. He lost his wife and daughter. I have not heard anything from him since that night. I've tried to find him but there's no record of him.” Inguk murmured.

“Now you mention it. Joohyuk also tried to find him, but there is no record of him. Don’t you think it’s strange? I mean ….” Jungtae cut off when he saw a head appears before the entrance.

“Strange? What?” Joohyuk asked once he enters Dongsuk’s room.

“You are startling me. Why you didn’t knock the door?” Dongsuk scowled

“Sorry. I knocked the door, but you weren’t listening.” Joohyuk apologized, “what are you discussing about until you didn’t know that the door was knocked?”

“Nothing.” They answered in unison, pretend to lie, “what are you doing here at this late?” Inguk asked.

“I’m here to meet my son. But I think it’s too late.” He answered.

“No, it’s not. You can meet him in his room. Jungtae will lead you to the student dorm.”

 

***

 

Alea was in her way to her room when he saw two students arguing. She shrugged as if to say she didn’t care. Yet she couldn’t control her curiosity. So she ended up casted a spell so she could hear what they are arguing about. She couldn’t hear clearly what werewolf say, but she could clearly hear what the shape shifter say.

The shape shifter’s face turned red in anger, eyes widened as it turn to greenish. He grin his teeth, pulling the werewolf’s collar, “I told you, don’t ever try to mess up around me, you stupid bastard. You better stop your nonsense or I will send you to hell.” He punched the werewolf on his face. Once... twice... thrice... and Alea managed to stop the fourth punch.

“I’m sorry to interrupt, but... can you stop? He is bleeding.”

“It’s none of your business.” He turned to Alea, shot her a death glare.

“But... you hurt him.” Alea murmured hesitantly, trying to stop his next punch but he pushed her against wall.

“I said it’s none of your business. Back off!” He raised his voice tone.

“Xander, stop it.” N yelled from the top of the stairs.

“Wow, See who is coming. It’s your guardian angel.” Xander scoffed, smile sneeringly as he turned to face N.

“Let him go.” N ordered.

“I’m not sure I can. He's past the line, so I have to punish him.

“Punish him?” N smirked, “who do you think you are?”

“I am the dorm head, remember? So I have the right to give a lesson to this rubbish.” Xander said boastfully.

“You are boasting too much.” N smiled sarcastically, “If that so, then I have the right to give you a lesson too. I am the student president, remember? So you better let him go or I’ll give you an unforgettable lesson.”

“You’ll regret it, Cha Hakyeon.” He grin his teeth, pushed the werewolf against wall as he left.

“Wooshik-ah, are you okay?” N asked worriedly, “I told you to stay away from him.”

“I’m okay. Thanks for saving me.” Wooshik answered, smiled slightly to N.

“You need to pay for it next time.” N said with playfully tone.

“I thought you were sincere.” Wooshik pouted, earned a giggle from N.

“You have to thank to her instead of me though.”

“Ah, I almost forget,” Wooshik turned to look at Alea, “Thanks for saving me.” Wooshik said sincerely, earn a nod from Alea.

“But, who are you?” Wooshik observed intently, trying to recognize her, “your face looks familiar. Have we met?”

“No, we haven’t.” Alea answered.

“She is Kim Sebin.” N said, pointed at Alea.

“Ah, the one who is under your protection?” Wooshik asked, winked playfully to N.

“Whatever you are said.” N sighed, glaring at his roommate, “I need to meet someone. Go back to room and treat your bruise.”

“Okay, Mr. Student President.” Wooshik smile to N.

“Go ahead.” N smile slightly to his friend as he left, but he then turned to look at Alea, pausing in his walk, “huh? Where are you going?”

“I’m going to my room.” Alea answered, not even trying to face him. She is not in the best-enough-mood to face anyone though. Not in her ruined day.

“I have something to tell you. Follow me!” N grabbed her hand and pulled her to go with him. Alea can’t help but followed him wordlessly, dragged by N to who-know-where.

 

***

 


A/N: Annyeong~

Finally, I’m back with a new chapter. I’m sorry for making you waiting for a long time. I was so upset with college problem TT_TT

I want to say thanks from the deepest of my heart for all of my loyal subscribers and readers who still waiting for the next update. And special thanks for our voter ... I didn’t expect to get a vote, since this is my first fanfic.

So how was the story? Do you like it? Let me know please~~~