Chaos

Green Hill Academy

 


 

After checking the roommate list, Alea finally found her room. It’s on the third floor, seventeenth room. She could read her name clearly in the door, ‘D-317, Jung Eunji, Son Naeun, Kim Sebin, and Han Haebin’ printed in silver color. She slowly knocked the indigo brown door, and a moment later the door was opened. She peeked into the room only to find a copper golden brown haired girl, smile widely to her.

“Jung Eunji?”Alea found herself asking to her.

“Yap,” she replied, “and you must be Kim Sebin.”

“Yeah, but everyone call me Alea, except my mom.”

“Okay,” She nodded, “came on in!”

“You know, you don’t have to knock the door. You live here.” She continued.

“Alright,” Alea couldn't help but nodded. This is how roommate supposed to be, isn’t this? “Ah, I figure this is my bed, so I'll just put my stuff here.”

“Yeah, that's perfect.”  Eunji said, before leaning back on her bed, stare at the ceiling rather than her, “and… I think I’m older than you, so you can call me eonni.”

‘Okay, I will.” Alea smiled a bit, something she didn’t do too often in this whole freaking day. She leaned down on her bed, enjoying the same scene with Eunji. Nothing special, just a bunch of fake stars stuck in the whole ceiling. “Isn’t this too childish?”

“What?” she asked, looked at the younger with deep expression, hoping for any explanation, as the younger starting to feel awkward, regretting for let a stupid question slipped from .

“I’m sorry. I mean the ceiling.”

“Ah, I See. Naeun did it.”

“Son Naeun? What is she?”

“She is a cupid. Have you met a cupid before?” She asked, glancing at the younger, as the younger merely shook her head in silent. “They are freak. Their ‘handshake’ is hugging someone very tightly and apparently nobody likes it.” She explained. And so they talked, they talked for hours and those hours only felt like minutes to Alea, who enjoyed every second of their time together. It’s her first time though, for having a roommate.

They were talking about how they ended up in Green Hill when someone opened the door roughly. They looked towards the entrance, only to find an unfamiliar girl with bloody shirt, stared at them with her yellow, fox-like eyes while the pupils narrow. Her hand holding something, a bloody, flesh colored thing. She held it tightly as red liquid starting to flow through her claws. She’s murmuring something that, neither couldn’t hear it clearly, thanks to her bloody fangs. Her face flushed in anger. They were about to approach her when she threw something to them.

“Crap! It’s a part of brain.” Alea startled, eyes widened as she figured out that the ... whatever she was, eating a brain.

“Get away from her! She is a kitsune. New one. Go find Ravi! I’ll handle her.” Eunji yelled. She waved her hands, letting the purple light exploded from her hands. She aimed the light at the kitsune, casted a spell on her, so Alea could make her way out of the room. It does took around half a minute to work.

Alea made her move immediately once it works. She’s run down the steps into the dorm hall, looking for any help in panicity. She doesn’t know what to do next. She forgot to ask where Ravi’s room is, thanks to her panicity. Her tears was about to flow when someone bumped into her. And guess who??? It’s Ravi.

“Thanks God! Finally-I-found-you.” Alea gasped, while the orange haired guy looked at her with deep expression, waiting for her explanation.

“Deep breathes!” Ravi suggested, and Alea did as told.

“So what’s going on?” Ravi asked, once Alea calmed down.

“Eunji eonni told me to find you. There is a kitsune girl in our room. She’s on rampage.” Alea explained.

“It’s must be Haebin.” Ravi hissed.

“Haebin?” Alea rolled her eyes. The kitsune’s name sounded familiar, but she couldn’t remember clearly.  Ravi sighed softly and grabbed Alea’s hand, quickly leading her away from the dorm hall to where they ought to go.

 

Her room was completely messed once they arrived. They were startled, looked towards the messiness to find Eunji. She’s laying on the floor, blood flowed from her forehead. She’s collapsed.

“Eunji?!” They screamed, quickly approached her. Alea’s eyes widened significantly as her blood ran cold in her veins, stared at another girl with black wings collapsed meters away from her. She screamed again in fear, her index finger pointed at the black winged girl.

Ravi followed her index finger, dread filling him as his eyes go further to find Naeun overflowed with blood. Ravi swallowed harshly as his whole body filled with fear at the sight. 

“Crap... crap... crap!!!” Ravi growled, regretting for being unable to handle his new members. He noticed something. He could see the bloody Eunji. He could also see the mess Naeun with ripped wing. But no matter where he looked, he couldn’t find Haebin, “just where was she?”

Alea was too upset to notice that the kitsune isn’t there. She felt tears in her eyes. There were so many emotions swimming in her head. She shouldn’t left Eunji alone. Just as she was about to make her way to the black winged girl, someone grabbed her shoulder and stopped her. It’s moved from her shoulder to her neck. Before she could even process anything, claws dig into her neck. She screamed in pain as it dug deeper. But she couldn’t just stand there and scream. She needed to do something. But what the hell I'm going to do? What?!

Everything went blurry. The last thing she could focus on was a pot of ... celery??? Whatever it was, all she need was to control it over. If she was the one who created the mess in the Laboratory, it meant she could control the celery, or whatever it was.

Alea closed her eyes, trying hard to focus on the... celery, while the pain started to fill all over her body. She waved her hands, silently praying that it will work as she expected. That it will miss her. When she opened her eyes, she could see the kitsune tied tightly with abnormally long, big celeries. She was smiled in pain. Yeah, there was pain in her neck as she could feel blood flowing from the holes in her neck and everything went black.

 

***

 

Ravi was too late to realize what’s happening. Alea was already collapsed with four holes in her neck, and Haebin was lying on the ground, tied tightly with long, big celeries, thanks to Alea’s plant manipulation. He ran abnormally fast toward her, tried to stop the red liquid flowed any further, while her other hand holding Haebin’s hand tightly.

“Get Hongbin!” Ravi said, once he saw Rain and SinB stood up in fear in front of the door. Rain’s rushing to do as told, while SinB joined Ravi to hold the tied Haebin.

 

“What’s up?” Hongbin yawned, then shook her little sister’s hair, “It’s late, Eunbi.”

“Oppa! W-we need-your-help.” Rain said pantingly.

“Deep breathes!” Hongbin suggested, waiting for her sister to calm down, and Rain did as told.

“Something’s going on. A-a new kitsune was ... out of control. S-she... she injured Eunji eonni, Naeun eonni, and Alea eonni.” Rain explained.

“Godness,” Hongbin shocked, “Let’s go. We have to get there soon. Call N hyung!”

They ran - No! They flew so they can arrive there in time, passing with N and Leo who’d under their way to girls’ dorm.

“Hongbin, you need to heal them.” Ravi said desperately with Alea in his arms, once they – Hongbin, Rain, N, Leo, Ken – arrived. Hongbin rushed to them, starting to heal Alea, while the others run to get Haebin calm. Hongbin was unable to heal the wounds completely, but he could at least slow the bleeding and keep her alive long enough for them to get her to the medical building. He then rushed to Naeun, trying hard to heal her ripped wing, as N ran abnormally fast to get Alea to the medical building. After healed the cupid, Hongbin rushed to SinB with Eunji lying in her arms. Thanks God, the wounds was not as deep as Alea’s, so he could completely heal her.

 

***

 

When Alea awoke all she could see was blurry figures around the all-white-room. Her hearing was adjusting, as was the rest of her body. She closed her eyes, relaxing her breathing temporarily before she opened them again, finally coming back to her senses. She felt pain through her neck.

“Already skipped the classes in your first day?” An unfamiliar voice sounded to her left. Alea tilted her head to the side and grinned at the sight that met her. It’s the blonde haired guy with incredibly sharp nose who’d gossiped her on the train. She recognized him as Ken. That’s how his friends called him.

“I guess.” Alea murmured, her brain focus on remembering the last things she could remember, estimating how long she’d been sleeping in the medical building. Just like Ken could read her mind, he told her what did actually happen. He told her that the kitsune girl who’d attacked them was Han Haebin, one of her roommate. She is a new kitsune, and still couldn’t control herself while feeding or attacking. He told her that she was the one who saved the situation.

“Ravi feels bad, because he was unable to protect you. So he wants me to take care of you until you wake up.” Ken said.

‘I’m sorry, Ken seonbae-nim.” Alea murmured, do not dare to face the warlock.

“Sorry for what? I’m happy though, for skipping math class.” He chuckled.

‘How about Eunji eonni? Is she okay?” she asked, once she could remember clearly about her roommates recently condition.

“She is okay. Hongbin could heal her completely,” Ken paused, “Naeun is okay too. She just needs a little time until she can use her wings back.” As soon as Ken explained about her roommates condition, Eunji and the bandage winged Naeun peeked between the curtains, smiled awkwardly to her.

Alea couldn’t decide how she felt. She was happy that she saved the situation. She was happy that her roommates were saved from that incident. But she was also scared for had been attacked by her-own-roommate. She at least knew one thing for sure though, she was happy to know that she isn’t useless.

 

***