Nightmare

Green Hill Academy

 


 

It was a cold and quite night. N shivered. He d around his bed to find his blanket. But no matter where he d, he couldn’t find it.

“Taekwoon-ah, return my blanket. I’m shivering.” N murmured, but no one sounded to respond him.

N cracked open one of his eye lids, only to find huge trees in around him. For this, N completely woke up, eyes widened as he looked around in confusion. He could swear, he went to his bed few hours ago, but ... how could he end up here?

“Where am I?” He scanned the unfamiliar view around him. All he could see were trees.

He was alone, in the dark forest.

After a moment’s thought, he decided to walk around. His eyes widened in horror as he realized where he was now. One would think he'd been watching a horror movie, one that was just a bit too graphic. But it wasn't because of something so trivial. It was because… he was in the reapers lake right now. And for the worse, there are hundreds reapers flying toward him.

He immediately turned and ran through the darkness of the forest. It was better than standing there and waiting to die though. Everyone knew he's the most powerful student in Green Hill Academy, but his power isn’t enough to kill or even hurt the reapers.

The forest was very dark now. The only light was from about three hundred feet away from him. Without a word, he ran extremely fast – thanks to his super speed ability – toward the light, silently praying that someone can help him when he reached the light. The light was turquoise now, as it growing slowly larger. He almost there... almost...

He almost reaches the light when he tripped on a root and landed on the rocky grounds. His forehead hit a sharp stone. He was bleeding. There were gashes across his forehead, left hand and chest. He felt dazed as he scrambled up again, looked forward the turquoise light as it starting to fade. He could feel the cold air, meant the reapers come closer to him. And then he saw them, the reapers, at least hundred of them, flying around him in the whole side. He forgot something, the reapers can teleport anywhere. And he was too panicked to realize that he was can teleport too.

The reapers then glide toward him. He spun around as the icy cold penetrating his insides, fog starting to obscure his vision. He blinked furiously trying to clear his vision, shaking his head to rid it of the faint screaming that had started inside it. He closed his eyes, starting to cast a light spell on them as he aimed the violet light to them, one by one. At least he could fling away some reapers. It was better than nothing.

With a huge effort, he casted a spell again, let a bright light exploded from his hands then aimed it to the rest reapers. He could feel his power draining and he know he was already hit his limit. Soon, the spell would fail. He knew how bad using every bit of magic in his body was. He knew it could kill himself at worst. He thought that would happen to him. It was that or the reapers would take his life, and that would be the end.

White fog was blinding him. But he had to fight, until his last breath.

Everything went blurry when he saw a turquoise light moving toward him. It the same light as before. He shook his head, trying hard to clear his vision so he could see where the light from was. It was from... he didn’t know what it is. It was his first time to see a fifteen foot large, half-bird-half-snake-like animal. It was glowing brightly, blinding the reapers. It attacked the reapers. He wasn’t sure if it was trying to protect him.

The worst part is there are so many reapers there. He could see the turquoise animal lay motionless on the ground. He could swear he heard the animal said something before he fell on the ground. It mumbled sorry to him.

He tried to approach it, but some pair of strong, clammy hands suddenly attached themselves around N’s neck. They were forcing his face upward. He could feel its breath, its putrid breath. It was going to get rid of him.

N felt his knees hit the cold grounds. Fog was clouding his eyes. He groaned desperately. A paralyzing terror filled him so that he couldn’t move or speak. Now he was hopeless.

No one could hear his voice now. No one could save him.

He was alone. Completely alone.

Everything went blurry again, as the pain starting to fill his whole body. It’s hurt everywhere. His body felt so weak. He felt the last of his strength leave him. The last things he could hear were Leo, Minhyuk, and Wooshik’s voice, calling his name desperately. He doesn’t sure if it was real or not. Everything went black before he could even process anything. His head hit the ground as he fainted.

 

***

 

N tried to open his eyes even though he can feel it so heavy and his head is about to explode. He tried his best to wake up. He could see Leo, Minhyuk, and Wooshik stood beside his bed. He was happy that it was just a nightmare. It was just an extremely-seems-real nightmare. But something feels wrong. The pain wasn’t gone. It’s stuck in his whole body.

“Hakyeon-ah... You’re awake.” Leo helped him wake up from the bed.

“Are you okay?” Minhyuk asked, messy hair describe that he’d obviously been sleeping until N cried out.

“Yeah, I’m okay. It was just a nightmare” N whispered, relaxing his left hand as it feels hurt and heavy. Wooshik and Minhyuk’s eyes followed his movement. Their eyes widened as they notice something wrong in N’s hand.

“N-ah. your hand... your hand is bleeding.” Minhyuk gasped out, taken aback when he saw the wound in N’s wrist.

“Your forehead is bleeding too.” Leo startled. N was just awaked from a nightmare. But how could he get the wounds and the bruises? But it was not the terrifying part in Wooshik viewpoint. It was,

“Occamy.” Wooshik said. Eyes widened in disbelieve.

“Huh?” Minhyuk, Leo, and N turned to face him. Their eyes followed Wooshik’s finger to where it pointed at. Eyes widened in horror when they saw a little blue animal popped out from N’s sleeve. It was a turquoise-plumed, purple-winged creature with a serpentine body. Part bird and part snake. N recognized it as the animal from his dream.

“It’s a magical animal called occamy. I’ve read about it. I thought it isn’t real.” Wooshik explained. Leo tried to touch it, and suddenly it grew bigger. It became as big as dragon. It’s wheezed as it raged violently, but mostly sounded like roaring.

“The occamies are choranaptyxic, meant it will grow or shrink to fit available space. They are extremely aggressive to all who approach it.” Wooshik explained.

“Calm down! It’s okay, they won’t hurt you.” N tried to approach it as it stared at N hesitantly, then let N to approach. N caressed it softly, murmuring something which no one but the occamy could understand. It seems nodded and then re-sized itself to fit into N’s palm.

“Good job, cutie occamy.” N said cheerily. He smile brightly as the occamy looked pleasant in his palms.

“I think we need Hongbin’s help here. N’s hand and forehead are still bleeding.” Minhyuk said, eyeing N in horror, “just... how could you got the wounds and the bruises? What kind of nightmare could do it?”

“I don’t know. I end up in Reapers Lake in my dream. I was attacked by reapers, and this occamy tried to help me.”

“I’ll call Hongbin.” Leo said. He rushed to find Hongbin. He ran extremely fast and brought Hongbin to their room less than 3 minutes.

“Hyung, it’s late.” Hongbin pouted, but it wasn’t last for any longer. He completely woke up when he saw the wound in N’s forehead.

“N hyung, you are bleeding.” Hongbin startled.

“Don’t just stand there like a statue. You have to heal me.” N said, chuckled when he saw the messy Hongbin.

Hongbin walked toward him, taken aback when he saw a turquoise, snake-like animal twisted in N’s wrist. At first he thought that it was his bracelet, but it’s definitely not. Bracelet isn’t move.

“Hyung, is that an occamy? How could you get it?” Hongbin gasped.

“It’s a long story, Hongbin-ah. In essentials, I got it from my dream.” N explained, only to make the fairy more confuse.

“What? How could it be?”

“Stop asking and just heal him. You’re wasting time.” Leo irked.

“Alright, alright.” Hongbin grumbled as he held N’s hand. He closed her eyes, took a deep breath as he trying to focus, and then letting his energy flowing through him into the older through their connected hands. But hey, something is going wrong. Hongbin could feel his power draining and he know he was at hit limit, but there is nothing happened to N’s wounds. The wizard is still bleeding. He tried to heal the older again and again, but nothing changed. He just wasted his power.

“Hyungs, what to do?” Hongbin asked to the olders, stared at them as they stared him back in horror.

 

***