Why am I different?

Green Hill Academy

 


 

“Welcome everyone,” the tan-skinned guy called everyone’s attention, “I’m so happy to see so many new students this year. To all of you, I’m Cha Hakyeon, but please call me N. I am the head boy here. So if you have any problems, come see me.”

“The problem is... why are we here?” asked an american boy.

“Aren’t we here because we’re troubled?” a short boy replied.

“OMG, you really don’t know, do you?” a girl with wings daring those boys to say she was wrong. Hold on ... wings???

“Know what?” the same american boy as before growled.

“Attention please,” N called everyone’s attention back to him, “So some of you already know about this,” N replied, “but for those who didn’t know, we’re all peculiar teens. Everyone of  you are supernatural creatures. And the most important thing is there are so many hunters who hunting us, so this school will protect us from the hunters.”

“Peculiar? You mean we are special? Hey man, stop your nonsense. I’m not going to hear your crazy bull.” The American boy scoffed.

“Whatever you say,” He shrugged as if to say he didn’t care, “I just trying to tell you the truth. Don’t you notice that some of you had wings? Don’t you remember how you ended up in this school? Remember that our school is not for troubled student like you heard, but it’s for special students like we are.” N said wisely.

Some of the new students blinked in confusion, trying hard to believe what N said, but it’s not that easy. Alea did the same. She refused to believe it, but she realized that he said the truth. Some of them had wings. She recalled when she wake up with a dark blue hair as she wished before, and the mess she made at laboratory, and every unusual things that accidentally happened in  her life.

“I know, it’s not easy to believe it. I know you need time. So stay quiet, because we’ll short you to your division soon. My friend will explain everything you need.” N said.

“Ravi-ah,” N called the orange-haired guy, “please take the other students to the front seat. Explain to them about what we are and tell them about how division shorting takes place. I have to lead Ms. Kim to Principal’s office. Prof. Lee want to see her for a little.”

“Okay hyung.” The orange-haired guy – who known as Ravi – nodded. Then he take N’s role to lead all of the new students to the front seat.

“Hey, Kim Sebin! Where are you going?” N asked, pointing to Alea, “please follow me.”

“Me? Why? What’s wrong?” Alea questioned in confusion. Why am I always being an issue?

“You’ll know about it soon. Just follow me. Principal Lee wish to see you.” N replied. Alea couldn’t help but following him to what he said as principal’s office. Alea taken aback when she saw a tall figure with a glowing white wing stuck in his back. His face seemed glowing, super handsome. He was too handsome to be a principal of this weird school.

“Good evening Prof. Lee. Kim Sebin is here. Can I leave now?”

“Good evening Cha Hakyeon. Thanks for brought her to me. But I’m not sure you can leave now. I need your assistance to explain everything to her, since she doesn’t know anything about this school. She even doesn’t know what she is.”

 

***

 

“I don’t get it. I can believe that I’m special too, like the other students. But why am I different? What make me different with them?” Alea complained. She couldn’t understand the whole words which came out from Principal’s mouth. 

“I’m sorry to say this, Kim Haksaeng. But we still can’t define what you are. Every peculiars have their aura. For example, Cha Haksaeng has violet aura, which said that he is a wizard, and I have bright blue aura, which said I’m a fairy. But you have crimson red aura, and no one have that kind of aura before. But don’t worry. Maybe it’s just because your aura messing with your gift or your power, since I can sense your energy. Just someone with at least semi-high power rank who can emit their energy.”

“How about the division shorting?” N questioned.

“I've discussed this with all councilors and teachers, and we decided that we would put her in Division G-1, since we know that she accidentally spell casted before. And you can keep an eye on the development of her ability.”

“Now, back to the dining hall! Division shorting will be held soon. And Hakyeon, don’t forget to report the situation of student dorm to me.”

“Yes, Sir.”

“You can leave now.” Prof Lee instructed. N bowed, followed hesitantly by Alea. She did it hesitantly not because she doesn’t respect the principals, but because she wasn’t familiar with Korean culture, plus she's still confused with all that is happening today.

“Hey! Can’t you walk slowly? I’m so tired now.” Alea complain, once they left the principal's office.

“Hey? You call me ‘hey’? Whoa! Look how impolite you are. How dare you calling your Seonbae that way! I told you my name, right?”

“Ups, sorry, N seonbae-nim. Can you walk slowly, please? I’m so tired now. I really am. I had just arrived in South Korea this morning, and immediately set out here.” Alea complain again, trying hard to do it more politely.

“Huh, don’t try to show me any aegyo. Hurry up, we are 3 minutes late.” N let out sigh, and walk faster, as if to say he didn’t care about Alea’s complain. They arrive in dining hall 2 minutes later. And as expected, division shorting has already begun.

 

***

 


Author's note:

I'm so sorry for my poor english. I try hard to improve my english through this FF.

and I can't promise to update on time, because i have to study super hard and prepare things for my research.