Dynamite

Green Hill Academy

 


 

It was totally an unexpected incident. It was the first time in Green Hill Academy’s history, a bunch of reapers got onto school grounds and attacked some student. Everyone knew that the whole Green Hill have been protected by seals, so that no reapers or even strangers could enter or even step to school grounds.

Ken frightened as his brain had been clouded by the negative thought, too deep into his thought to realize that they were already reach the border area where the seal have been installed. It last for about ten minutes, until he saw his father’s face turned pale by what he has seen.

“Dad, what’s wrong?” Ken tried to speak first as he saw his father seems extremely serious with his own thought.

“It’s seems like someone tried to break the seal.” DM. Lee answered, frowned hardly as if to say something bad have just happened.

“What?! But... how’s that happened? And who did it?” Ken startled, shaking his head as he’s trying to refuse the fact.

“I don’t know either. But it must be a powerful person. And.... it’s seems like the person did it from inside, exactly at this point,” DM. Lee pointed at a big hole in the almost transparent seal, carefully touch the burned part from the hole border, “it means that he or she was unwittingly got onto school grounds, and it is likely that the person wasn’t go far from school grounds since it’s too crowded around here.”

“But how could it be? How did the stranger even get onto school grounds? Outsiders are not allowed to even step to Green Hill without Principal’s permission. Besides, our school can’t be seen from outside, right?”

“Now you notice it. It’s exactly what I think.” DM. Lee let out a heavy sigh, “I’m not sure if it’s true, but from what I have seen, I think that...”

“It’s broken by a spell. I’m sure.” He continued as he can read his father’s mind.

“Is there something wrong?” A man from the distance asked as he walks closer to them, followed by two students with messy uniform.

“Oh, Prof. Han,” DM. Lee looked at direction where the voice coming from, followed by Ken who immediately greeting at the figure who meet his gaze, “someone tried to break the seal.” DM. Lee continued.

“What?!” Leo and Hyuk screamed in unison, feels like their jaws about to drop on the ground.

“It’s broken by a spell, from inside.” He added.

“Are you sure?” Prof. Han asked in disbelieve.

“I’m definitely sure. Jaehwan verified it.” DM. Lee replied.

“I am sure it’s broken by a spell. Only a spell can break the seal, right? And I’m sure that the person did a black magic, a powerful one.” Ken explained.

“Did you mean that someone from our school did it?  But how could it be? I can ensure that there was no warlock, witch, or even wizard who entered or even stepped into shifting training grounds since dawn. Kitsunes and vampires were hunting around here before dawn, and there was nothing odd happened. Ravi confirmed it. Then, shape shifters had training around here at noon, and still, there was nothing wrong. Xander confirmed it as well. So, except vampires, kitsunes, shape shifters, and werewolves, there is no more that come into this area, until the incident happens.”

So, how’s that happened? I'm afraid it was hunters' deed." Hyuk asked.

“It is impossible. Hunters don’t have sorcery. Besides, they can’t see the seal.” Prof. Han rebutted.

“If that so, then who did it?” Hyuk asked again.

“We don’t know yet.” DM. Lee shrugged.

“I think we need to tell Hyunjoon hyung-nim about this dynamite immediately.” Prof. Han said and immediately got a nod from the others.

“Dynamite? Bomb?” Ken cutely misunderstood with what he has heard, causing the other burst on laugh.

“Oh-My-God! Ken hyung, it’s just an idiom. Means like struck all of a heap.” Hyuk fretfully explained to the older, while the older couldn’t do anything but scratch his hair even though it didn’t itch at all.

“By any chance, is this related with the one that N hyung have experienced?” Ken asked, back to his serious expression.

“We don’t know. But the one that Hakyeon have experienced was odd.” DM. Lee frowned at the thought of it.

“You’re right. How could he beaten in his dream?” Prof. Han frowned.

“Is it possible to do with magic?” Hyuk asked.

“I’m not sure, but it could be.” Ken replied.

“But who could do that?” Leo asked, felt like his head is about to blow out of the thought of this entire situation.

“That’s the problem. We do not know who did all of this and what they wants.” DM. Lee hissed.

“So, how’s Hakyeon?” Prof. Han turned to ask Leo.

He is okay. He just needs to take a rest. The wounds weren’t that bad.” Leo replied.

“It’s a relieve.”

 

***

 

Alea walked slowly to her next destination, as she slowly left behind by Eunji. She doesn’t have enough strength to walk faster after what happened with her previous classes. Every pair eyes stared to her during the classes. Some whispered while quietly peer at her. She doesn’t sure why they did it though.

There were so many things happened since she has entered this school. She really wants to tell her mother so she can release her out from this school, but her mother didn’t even try to call or even text her. She is too angry to call her mother first.

“Why did she even agree to send me to this weird school?” She mumbled as she let out a havy sigh. She rolled her eyes to scan the range around her. She felt like she want to cry when the fact hit her.

“Aish, seriously... why did she left me?”

She was about to scream in anger when someone tapped her shoulder, “Hi. You’re Sebin, aren’t you?”

Alea looked at direction where the voice coming from, yes, I am. But everyone calls me Alea.”

“Okay. I’m Min Yoongi, but please call me Suga. I am a warlock.” He – Suga – introduced himself, “Are you going to black magic class?”

“Yeah. But I think I’m getting lost. Eunji eonni left me.” Alea pouted.

“Don’t worry. I also want to go there. I’ll show you the way.”

“Thanks.”

“Yah, are you trying to cling to another boy?” A voice from behind startled her. She could swear that she almost stumbled by that annoying, stupid question.

“What do you mean?” Alea asked confusedly once she found the one who asked that stupid question. ‘What’s wrong with this day?’

“You? Yah, how much should I tell you that I am your sunbae?” N protested.

“Okay, okay. What does sunbae-nim mean?” ‘Argh, oh my God, what  sin I've done in the past until I have to meet this annoying sunbae?’

“I mean are you trying to seduce him? It’s good. So I will save from you.” N said playfully.

“Huh? What do you mean by ‘save from me’?”

Do not listen to N hyung. He is stress right now.” Ken yelled from behind.

“What did you say? I am stress? Yah, you better apologize to me as soon as possible or I will use my ability on you.” N stared at him, got warmed up as he saw Ken was already run away to save his life from him. N could do nothing but chase him.

“Don’t be surprised! They always do that sort of thing.” Both turned to find an elder student who still laughs like a drain.

“Ah, I’m Lee Minhyuk, N’s roommate. I am a warlock. You must be Alea, right? N told me about you.” He smile widely to alea, then tilted his head to face the boy next to her, “and you are...”

“Min Yoongi. But please call me Suga. I’m a warlock too.”

“Okay, nice to meet you.” He smiled at Suga, “well, we better hurry on or we will be late.”

 

“Yah, Eunji eonni, why did you leave me?” It was just flew out from Alea’s mouth once she saw Eunji.

“I’m sorry,” Eunji apologized, “I thought you were still walking behind me.”

“I almost lose my way because of you.” Alea pouted.

“I’m so sorry, hmm?”

“Okay, I forgive you. But will you forgive her?”

“Who?”

“Haebin.”

“Yah, why are you defending her?” Eunji sulked, “She hurted us.

But it was not on purpose.”

Not on purpose? She did it with her own hand and you said that it was not on purpose?”

“Alea’s right. It was beyond her control.” N said from behind.

But still, she did it.” Eunji shrugged.

“Eunji-ya, why are you so stubborn? A sunbae doesn’t suppose to act like that.” N advised.

“But Hyung, don’t you feel that something went wrong?” Ken asked once he approach them.

“What do you mean?” N turned to ask Ken.

“I mean... Aren’t they usually hunting towards the dawn? It was only 1 AM at that time. Wasn’t it too early?” Ken explained.

“You’re right. It’s strange.” N frowned.

I don’t think so. She is new, isn’t she? So, I think it’s normal if she unaccustomed with that time.” Minhyuk protested.

“Hey, but I’ve heard a rumor that she killed a student from her previous school. She was kicked out and transferred to our school by it.” Suga turned to face them, successfully make all of them shock.

Stop gossiping and back to your seat, or you’ll get penalty points.”

“Is that our teacher?” Alea whispered to Eunji.

“Yeah.” Eunji responded, didn’t even try to face her.

“Isn't he too young to be our teacher?” Alea asked with the lowest tone she could do.

“Believe it or not, he is almost 1000 years old.” Eunji shrugged.

“Are you kidding me?” Alea shocked, tried hard to mute her reaction as he put her hands on . But unfortunately, it was loud enough to be heard in their teacher’s ear.

“She is right. And thanks to your curiosity, you get -10 points. And -5 points for Ms. Jung as well.” The teacher quietly smirk as he saw Eunji staring at Alea with an ‘it-is-all-your-fault’ expression while Alea stare back with an ‘i-am-so-sorry’ clearly defined on her face.

“To all of new students, I am Seo Inguk. I’am your black magic teacher. And don’t ever try to think that I am too young to be your teacher, because I am 926 years old this year. I was a wizard. And now as you can see, I am a vampire.” The teacher spoke, smiled confidently as if to say he is so proud of being that old.

”Did he mean that hes been living in this world since Goryeo dynasty?” Suga asked to himself in disbelieve.

Well, -20 points for Mr. Min.” Prof. Seo suddenly spoke, proudly smirked as he saw Suga was about to cry, while Alea and Eunji patted his shoulder and sent him a ‘welcome-to-penalty-zone’ gaze.

 

***