Hospital

Green Hill Academy

 


 

Alea looked up to see a girl standing beside her bed looking down on the floor. She was taken aback as soon as she recognized that girl, the scary girl whom attacked her, one of her roommates. She was Han Haebin, the kitsune girl.

“Are you mad at me? Do you hate me?” Haebin suddenly asked, didn’t dare to face Alea. She felt guilty. She felt responsible for what happened to her roommates.

“Oh, hey, wow... What are you talking about?” Alea doesn’t know how to answer her question. She is definitely mad. She absolutely hated her. She scared at her to be honest. But hey, it’s beyond her control.

“You’re not answering.” Haebin pouted.

 “I know you hate me for what I’ve done to you,” Haebin continued, “I’m so sorry. But I can’t control myself at that time. It has never happened before. I don’t know. I just....” She was trying to make Alea feel comfortable as she touched her hand. But Alea quickly refuse it in fear.

“See, you are scared of me.” Haebin stepped backward. She couldn’t decide how she felt right now. Her brain was filled with emotions that can explode at any time. She felt guilty to her roommates. But she also felt lonely. She felt betrayed, not by her friends, but by herself. No one could understand her. No one wanted to be friend with her. She could feel her tears forcing to fall down no matter how hard she held it.

“Haebin-ah, I’m sorry. I didn’t mean it.” Alea panicked, it wasn’t what she wanted. She was just startled. Okay, okay, I’m afraid.

“I deserve it though.”

“No, you’re not. You’re not at fault. It’s beyond your control, remember?”

“But I did it by my own hands. It was completely my fault.” Haebin sobbed, staring at her hands. Her hands which caused the chaos. Her hands that deserve a punishment.

“No, no, no, it wasn’t.” Alea had no idea about how to calm the sobbing Haebin. Honestly, just seeing her arm could make her heart beat faster in fear. She could remember clearly what it has done to her neck. Its successfully send her to this building, making her absent for three days. But she should pretend to be brave so Haebin wouldn’t be more upset.

“Haebin-ah, listen to me. I’m not mad at you, and I don’t hate you. Did you think I am that bad to owe grudge on you? Am I that bad to you?”

“But you are scared of me, aren’t you?”

“I admit that I was afraid of you. How I suppose to be alright like nothing happened when I’m lying in this bed with bandage in my neck? But I am trying to fight it, because we are roommates. So please stop crying, or I’ll cry too.”

“So... You want to be friends with me?” Haebin asked in disbelieve as she began to wipe her tears.

“Of course, I want. We’re friends from now on. Come here!” Alea called her to come closer and pulled her in to hug.

“Ouch, you make my neck hurt.” Alea groaned in fake pain and successfully made Haebin broke the hug.

“I’m so sorry.” Haebin stepped backward, staring at her shoes, eyes filled with tears. Seeing Haebin back to her guilty mode made Alea burst out laughing and clapped her hand in joys until she felt that laughing made her neck in pain for real.

 

***

 

N opened his eyes lazily. He hated to skip the classes. But Leo would kill him if he refused to stay there, at the medical building.

Honestly he wanted to sleep more, but it’s too noisy, more than ever. Just what’s wrong here? Medical building was suppose to be quite, right?

N drew the curtain to find someone to ask. He let out sigh as his eyes meet a figure of the new student who always cling to him, smile widely to him while greeting.

“Lea-ya, what’s going on here?” N asked in a low tone, but loud enough to be heard in Alea’s ear.

“Huh? I don’t really know. Something happened during the werewolves training, and it hurts at least twenty students, mostly new student.” Alea explained.

“I heard that they are attacked by the reapers.” A girl next to her added, “Isn’t our school already installed seals?” she continued.

“Reapers? Again?” N shocked when he heard the word ‘reaper’ as the nightmare he had before flashed in his mind. The figures of the reapers keep lingering in his mind.

“What did you mean by ‘again’? Is there someone else who have been attacked by reapers?” Alea asked in confusion.

Instead of answer the question, N seems deep into his thought. He couldn’t answer it simply. The one who have been attacked was himself. But it’s not like they would believe it if he say that he have been attacked in his dream. They would think that he’s been crazy.

N was too deep into his thought to notice that someone came and took the empty spot in his hospital bed.

“Oh my N, what are you doing here?” N startled once he saw the exhausted Hongbin curled in the same bed with him.

“I’m so tired. Let me sleep here for a while, please.” Hongbin whined with eyes closed, but still manage to grab the pillow from the older.

“I wish there is another healer in this school. I’m dying by healed more than twenty students in one day.” He mumbled.

“What’s actually happened? Where are the others? Where are Leo and Hyuk? Are they okay?” N asked without a break.

“The werewolves attacked by the reapers at the Shifting Training Grounds. I don’t know how could it be, either the seals were weak or the reapers were too strong. But why should Shifting Training Grounds? It’s far enough from the reapers lake, isn’t it? Spell Casting Grounds even closer to the lake, but nothing happened there.” Hongbin replied, “And don’t worry about the others. Hyuk and Leo hyung are at the Shifting Training Grounds, helping Prof. Han to manage the situation. Ken hyung went along with DM Lee to check if there is something wrong with the seals. And Ravi... I don’t know where he is.”

“I am here.” Answered a voice from the distance. It was Ravi.

“Where have you been?” N asked as Ravi came closer to them.

“I’ve been from the main building. I fell asleep during the math class.” Ravi mumbled. He forced to get a free spot in the elder’s bed as soon as he reached the bed. Once he got in, he immediately close his eyes, yawning as he falling asleep, again.

“Yah! You guys, get out of my bed. I’m the one who is sick here.” N yelled at the younger duo, but none of them seemed to respond him.

 

***

 

“Oh... It’s Celery noona.” Jinjin smile widely as she saw the blue-haired girl. He adored her even from the first day. In additional, she has been more popular now. Everyone talk about her.

“Ouch... Hyung, it hurts.” Jinjin groaned when MJ inadvertently treat his wound, but MJ just shrugged as if to say he didn’t care. See? He even forgot about his pain when he saw her.

“Hyung, she is beautiful, isn’t she?” Jinjin asked as he pointing to the blue-haired girl in the corner, smile widely to her friend who he recognized as Han Haebin, the new student who got scolded by a group of girls named Apink last night.

“Who?” MJ followed his finger, only to find an old, mess nurse smiling awkwardly to them.

“The nurse?” MJ asked in disbelieve.

“No. I meant the blue-haired girl, my celery noona. She is so beautiful, right?” Jinjin seemed fall into her charming smile, couldn’t see anything but her smile.

“What are you doing, hyung?” Jinjin startled as MJ rushing to place his hand in Jinjin’s forehead and check more carefully if there is another wounds in the younger’s body.

“Are you okay? The wound... is that really hurt?”

“Don’t you know her? She’s been popular now. She is the girl who catched the kitsune noona with celery. She caught her in a cute way.”

“Cute way? What’s wrong with you? OMG, I think the accident hurt your brain. You should take an x-ray.”

“Eiiyy hyung, I’m okay... Just seeing my Celery noona’s smile can reduce the pain.”

“Ouch... my ear. You make my ear hurts by hearing your cliché word. Don’t ever call her that way. It is sounds terrible. And she is not that popular. She is in the same class with me and no one talked about her.” MJ said with a straight face. Actually MJ was lying trough his teeth. Actually some student talked about her, but just about her strange aura. But it’s doesn’t mean that she is popular, right?

“Really? Why you didn’t tell me?” Jinjin whined, slowly rolled his eyes, trying to look cute.

“You didn’t even ask.” MJ replied with an I-don’t-care tone.

“Ah, that’s the problem hehehe.”

“Now stop talking and have your pills. I need to go now. Bin would take care of you.” MJ stood up, pulled the curtain to see Moonbin smile widely to them.

 

***