What’s Going On?

Green Hill Academy

 


 

Her real name is Kim Sebin, but she used to be called as Alea Kim, since she lived in her mother’s country most of her life. She had no idea of being end up in this weird academy. The last thing she could remember was the mess that she made in the laboratory. She was so mad to her biology teacher – Mr. Perry – who cursed her on and on because of her hair color – which turned into dark blue when she woke up in the morning – and not going to hear the crazy reason that she explained before. She just naturally waved her hands about madly, and suddenly light exploded from Alea’s hands, blinding all students in the laboratory, including her. When the light faded, Alea blinked in confusion, looking around to find the teacher’s was already burned. The next moment she waved her hand, suddenly she find the sprout on her table growing bigger and more bigger, then grab Mr. Perry’s legs and threw him away.

That was how Alea ended up in the office of the school councillor. She didn’t think anything of it until she was told that she would be transferred to Green Hill Academy, a school for troubled teens in South Korea, the following school year.

“But... why? It’s not my fault. I don’t know what actually happened here. I don’t know how Mr. Perry’s burned and how the sprout grew abnormally, and you just do this to me? Send me to a school for troubled teens in another country? In South Korea? Just... what the hell you’d talking about?” Alea scowled, trying hard to hold her anger.

“I’m really sorry. But it’s the only way to keep you save.” Mrs. Lany – the school director – said wisely.

“Pardon me? To keep me save? I don’t understand. I’m not in trouble, either in danger. What did you talking about?” Alea crying down in confusion. She couldn’t understand what’s going on.

“Your mother agrees on it. Now back to your class and don’t you dare to make any problem again, or the other council will kick you out from this school.” Said Mrs. Lany, and  Alea did as told.

 

***

 

And now here she is, inside a train which headed to Green Hill Academy. Her mother even left her from Incheon Airport. Such a great idea. She had uneasy expressions on her face. She could feel everyone kept staring at her. When she looked at her right side, she could see a blond haired guy with sharp nose looked at her strangely.

“What’s wrong? Is there something on my face?”

He blinked his eyes, realized what he did, “No. It’s just... just nothing. I’m sorry.”

She looked back on her smartphone, but she could heard the guy at her right side murmuring to another, “Don’t you notice it? Her aura glows crimson red. No one else had this aura.”

“Now you mention it. I thought she is a vampire. Maybe a more powerful vampire since vampire’s aura is red. But Ravi hyung’s aura glown red, even though he is the powerful one.” Whispered the younger boy.

“She even doesn’t look pale at all. She just look like a normal human, except her aura. I heard that she accidentally spell casted before, and... did plant manipulation. Vampires doesn’t have those gift, neither spell casting nor plant manipulation.”

“stop your nonsence! You’re making her more upset and confuse right know. She can hear it clearly.” a tan skinned guy shake the sharp nosed guy’s hair.

Alea sighed. The tan skinned guy was right. They made her more upset and confuse. She doesn’t know what they’re talking about, but thought her a vampire and kept staring at her make her upset. How dare them talking about me badly? What the hell with the aura and vampire topics? Are they insane?

The issue about vampire and that crazy aura thing kept buzzing in her mind. She even searched those things on  internet, only to find nothing. What if they’re right? Argh, it driving me crazy.

“Hey, you look uneasy. What’s wrong?” asked the girl who sat next to her.

“Nothing. Just... just... why are they keep staring at me? The boys over there even talking about me.” Alea pointed at three boys who keep talking about her.

“Ah, the sharp nosed guy is my cousin. I’m sorry if they talking about you. We are just curious about what you are.”

“Huh? What did you talking about?” Alea scowled.

“Don’t you know why are you here?”

“Something weird happened in my school, and the school’s councils blamed me for all the weird things that I don’t know how it happened.”

“I see. So you don’t really know what actually happened,” she nodded, “Okay then, welcome to Green Hill Academy, I’m sure you’ll come to like it.”

“Doubt it. It’s a school for troubled teens.”

 “Whatever you say, but I’m sure you’ll all find that you fit in just fine.” She shrugged as if to say she didn’t care, “by the way, I’m Lee Eunbi, but everyone call me Rain, except my parents. I’m a fairy.”

“F-fairy? It’s not funny.” Alea burst into laughter.

“I’m not joking. Forget it! You’ll know about it soon. What’s your name?”

 “My real name is Kim Sebin, but I lived in Indonesia most of my life, so I known as Alea Kim. Just call me Alea.” She replied, then she muted as glancing to a group of boys – exactly six boys – who kept staring at her.

A moment later, anoouncement from railucy-guard echoing the whole railway wagon, “We’ll get to Green Hill in five minutes. "Please leave your luggage on the train, it will be taken to the school separately."

Alea’s stomach lurched with nerves. Her face paled. She crammed her pocket with her phone and joined the crowd thronging the corridor. The train slowed and finally stopped. Passenger pushed their way toward the door and out onto a tiny, dark platform. Alea shivered in South Korean’s very cold air- or maybe not as cold as it was, because the other people didn't looked cold – Maybe it’s because she was accustomed to the tropical temperatures in South East Asia.

“Okay, follow me!” A tan-skinned guy instructed the newbies once everyone was off the train. Alea couldn’t help but nodded, trusting him to lead her – and the rest newbies – to where they needed to go.

Slipping and stumbling, they followed him down a steep, narrow path. The narrow path had opened suddenly onto a beige, large old building. The architecture of the building is similar to schools’ building in Disney movies. And finally, they gathered in front of a large wooden door which made from oak. The security guards immediately opened the door, and the tan-skinned guy led them into a large dining room. It’s a very large dining room. Even six time larger than her house in Indonesia. Well, at least this 'prison' is not as bad as I imagined.

 

***