1. Defiant (Jinkook)

31 Days of December

It had been his own fault he had driven Jungkook away but he had no choice. It was stay and become a slave or leave and fight for freedom. Seokjin had been with The Agency for too long, practically addicted to the drugs they gave him to control his power instead of him slowly learning how to use them. Jungkook was new, young and very powerful. He was exactly what they wanted and Seokjin had pushed him away, away from their clutches. He had paid for his interference. They had blocked his powers and left him powerless for a week. It had been hell but it had been worth it. He knew Jungkook had joined the rebellion to destroy The Agency and it was a relief to know he was safe. 

They had meet on the battle field twice now and Jungkook never looked so better. He looked healthy, loved and it ached Seokjin to not be there with him but at this rate Seokjin would die from his power burning out the drugs in his system and having a power overload. But Jungkook would never know. He was too innocent to know that the mutants they fought against didn't want to be there, were addicts that had an expiration date and Seokjin knew that his was coming up. He could feel it, it would be soon. But he held in his sadness just to join the battlefield, to see that look of hatred on Jungkook's face. He knew that Jungkook's hate was for the people that took Seokjin away from him, that kept him away, even if he didn't know it.

Seokjin wasn't defiant, he wasn't strong enough to fight back. But he knew that Jungkook would. For him. For all of them. He looked at the letter in his hands, filled with the explanation he knew Jungkook would need after he died. It was also filled with how much Seokjin loved him, memories and photos they had together. He was able to deliver with the help of Jimin, a member of the rebellion who Seokjin had also saved. Jimin knew what Seokjin was going through and always hugged him like he was going to die the next day. Seokjin knew Jimin wouldn't give Jungkook the letter until news of his death hit and that was fine with him. He didn't need Jungkook to rush in and try to save him, there was no use. He would need someone with the ability to drain someone's power but they were rare so it was useless to pray for one. 

A month later, Seokjin felt himself burn up. He could feel the heat build up inside him and he knew it was time. He took once last look at his phone, at the beautiful photo of Jungkook before running into the main office of The Agency, wanting to cause some damage. He wanted them to suffer like he was. The damage he did had been enough to help the rebellion start winning the war. 

Jungkook looked over the large scorch marks and swallowed his tears. There wasn't a trace of Seokjin so he couldn't hold him for the last time, couldn't say he was sorry. Jimin had given him the letter the night before and god he felt deeply ashamed. He should have given him a chance to explain. He wanted Seokjin back but he couldn't. Stubbornness, anger, hatred, defiance. There were all things he had but not wanted. All he wanted was Seokjin.