7. Go (Jinkook)

31 Days of December

When Seokjin fell in love with Jungkook, he had fallen hard. Jungkook was everything he wasn't: beautiful, confident and never afraid to speak his mind. Seokjin had seen his fight against some ugly bullies, accidentally saving some nerdy girl. It had been a wonderful sight to see, a black haired god fighting against evil. Seokjin had vowed to stay by Jungkook's side for as long as he could but now...he was getting tired of this one-sided love. he was trapped.

Seokjin did everything for Jungkook and he meant everything. But Jungkook never returned the favor, instead just taking everything from Seokjin: his homework, his things and most of all, his love. Jungkook took all the kisses and hugs from Seokjin if they were nothing, not really caring if Seokjin gave his any affection. Seokjin often wondered why Jungkook took his tokens of affections if he was “madly” in love with Jimin. Did Jungkook even think of him as his friend?

Seokjin desperately wanted to be free of Jungkook. he didn't want to keep dreaming alone, getting tired of waking up alone and lonely. he wanted Jungkook to let him go, “friend” or not. Seokjin wanted to stop thinking about how wonderful Jungkook's hair smelled like lavender or how pretty he was everyday. When could he stop thinking about Jungkook saying his name? 

Seokjin watched as Jungkook hang off Jimin and held back the tears that threatened to come out. And then one day it came out,

“You and I...we are becoming more different Seokjin. I'm moving up in the world, so I can't be friends with you anymore.”

Seokjin knew that this day would come but he didn't anticipate how it didn't hurt inside. he looked at Jungkook and shook his head, 

“I know but I wonder if you even thought of me as friend. I wonder if you'll even miss me. Goodbye Jungkook, don't come to me if you get lonely. I won't be there anymore.”

And with that Seokjin stopped losing himself to the darkness that was Jungkook, walking away from a young man who was losing himself to his own darkness. Who had loved the boy that was walking away but he knew could never act on, for he knew his parents would never accept him. 

“Oh Seokjin, if only you knew.”