Chapter 8

AEGIS

 

--Baekhyun’s Side--

Mr. Kim came into the scene, “Your wife is here, sir.”

 

“!”

 

Baekhyun could heard her footsteps, walking towards him while he was still didn’t have the courage to turn around and face her. “You w-wanted to see me?” Aeri stuttered, she was trying to hide her fears away but it was not perfectly done. As Baekhyun heard the door were closed by Mr. Kim, leaving the two of them alone, Baekhyun turned his body around and face her.

 

He found himself dumbfounded as his eyes landed on her face. He observed her from the puffy eyes until the wounded lips. “I did this to you?” he said mentally while making his way to her. His gaze never left her eyes and Baekhyun could see fear in them when he was getting closer. How he felt so guilty for what he did to her.

 

Baekhyun reach out his hand to her but his actions made Aeri flinched even if he hadn’t touch her yet. He was taken aback for moment before she started to talk, “If you’re mad at me about last night. I’m so sorry. I truly am. I didn’t mean to push your temper.” She apologized sincerely, Baekhyun could see that in her eyes. 

 

“Why is she apologizing to me? It’s my fault, everything was MY fault!” the regression in his heart was getting stronger. He clenched his hands, forming them into fists. 

 

Aeri who was looking down, and saw his hands were clenched, became scared and tears started to form in her eyes. She was scared that Baekhyun would be mad again but, instead getting a slap on her face, she felt a pair of warm arms wrapped tight around her body.

 

Aeri didn’t know how to react on what was happening. “Why are you saying sorry to me?” Baekhyun tighten his hug. Aeri was in a blur but eventually buried her face to his shoulder while her hands were tugging the back of Baekhyun’s shirt.

 

“You don’t have to say sorry to me, I was wrong. I was being a jerk.” Baekhyun felt the mixture of guilty, regret, concern and maybe a little hint of love. Not long after that Baekhyun could heard sniffles from the girl. He gently pushed her away and lifted her chin with his hand.

 

“Why are you crying?” he wiped away the tears on her face.  Aeri didn’t reply him since she was so choked up. Baekhyun cupped her face, “Hey, why are you crying? I said I’m sorry. I was wrong. Everything was my fault.” He tried to coax her. 

 

“I thought you were mad of me because I did something wrong to you. I thought you find me as a nuisance to you. I--” Aeri said while her hand were trembling cold from crying and afraid of her husband, but Baekhyun cut in and said, “Shh~ No no no. I was being a jerk. Really, you did nothing wrong.” Baekhyun felt pity for the fragile girl in front of him. 

Even if Aeri heard all the things Baekhyun was saying but for some reason she felt that she really did something wrong, back then.

 

Since Baekhyun was standing really close to her, he couldn’t help but to stare at the wound at the edge of her lips. He felt so guilty until not a single word can describe the feelings that he felt. The apologizing Aeri wasn’t helping to ease his feelings at all. “I’m really sorry. I--”

 

Without any warning or alert, Baekhyun lean in, and gently kiss the wound on her lips. Aeri was frozen and automatically become speechless from his actions. “I’m sorry.” Baekhyun said after parted his lips, Aeri thought he was going to stop. But, after a second he apologized, he kiss it back and did it again and again. The moment Baekhyun really pulled his lips away from her, she mumbled, “That was my first kiss. Or in this case, kisses.” Her cheeks started to taint in a mixture of red and pink color.

 

“Wait, what?” Baekhyun asked with his face completely shocked. Aeri was too embarrassed to repeat her confession. Baekhyun took his time to process things in his mind before smile seductively. “You know, I didn’t kiss you directly on your lips. So, that kiss didn’t count.”

 

“Eh? Really?” Aeri tilt her head to her side from the confusion. Baekhyun smirked, lifting her face to him once again and kiss her directly on the lips. Aeri was startled from his unexpected action while Baekhyun was enjoying his moment of kissing the soft and lips. After awhile, Aeri started to feel the comfortable and slowly closed her eyes.

 

Baekhyun pulled her closer by her waist while he started to ask for an entrance. The clueless Aeri didn’t get the signal but eventually opened as Baekhyun kept shoving his tongue at her lips, automatically turn their sweet kiss into a sloppy one. Well, basically they didn’t have a war in the kiss. They didn’t even fight that much as Baekhyun was basically the dominant while Aeri was the weakling who was getting frenzy from the wonderful kiss from her handsome prince charming.

 

When Baekhyun found out that Aeri was out of breath, he parted away his lips from hers, “Now that, was your first kiss.” Baekhyun said with proud smile plastered on his face. Aeri couldn’t say anything as the sensation that she felt was too much for her to handle.

 

Baekhyun watched her as she gasped for air and chuckled in amusement. He patted her back softly, “Breath, breath.” He said with an amused smile. Aeri calmed down from the support of her husband and looked straight to his eyes, “Thank you.” She smiled.

 

Baekhyun was confused, “For what?” he asked.

 

“For not being mad at me and for the kiss.” Aeri said the last part with a slower tone of voice, hoping so that Baekhyun wouldn’t heard her.

 

“What was that? The last one.” Baekhyun actually heard her but he found it fun to tease his wife. She’ll turn red and become so shy. Baekhyun found it cute, “She’s like a little bunny. I might eat her if this keep going on.” He smiled goofily.

 

Baekhyun watched her as she tried to say it again but louder this time but he said, “It’s fine. You don’t need to repeat it.” He chuckled and patted the back of her head. The struggled Aeri sighed in relief and turn her face to him. She wanted to say something but she couldn’t.

 
Baekhyun knew she wanted to say something to him so he asked, “Something’s troubling you?” Aeri hesitated for a few moments but eventually spoke up what’s in her mind. “Why were you mad last night?”
 
The taller male froze from her question, he couldn’t find an excuse for his actions last night. He couldn’t even find a word to begin with. “I-if you don’t want to tell me, it’s fine. I don’t mind.” She tried to hide behind a smile.
 
As Baekhyun was about to open his mouth, he sensed something was wrong. He quickly turn to his back and focused his sight to the trees in the forest. “What is it?” Aeri followed his gaze. Then, suddenly Baekhyun grabbed her and quickly pushed both of them down on the ground, saving themselves from getting shot. The bullet that was aimed at Aeri went straight to the glass of the door while the other one that was aimed to Baekhyun was stuck at a wooden chair next to Baekhyun. Aeri screamed as the glass was broken into pieces. Baekhyun hold her tight in his arms, protecting her from the broken glass. 
 
“Stay down.” Baekhyun warned her while he slowly sat up and took a glance to the forest, trying to find the culprit. But, he didn’t see anything but trees and bushes. Baekhyun then, turned his face away and his eyes caught on the pellet that was stuck on the chair. He carefully took out the pellet and observed it. “This again?” he realized that it was the same as the other night.
 
Not long after that, the security team came into the scene hurriedly. Baekhyun quickly stood up, “Find them.” He said sternly. The security team nodded understandingly. Baekhyun turn back to his wife who was currently very terrified for what just happened. Baekhyun held out his hand to her and she took it, trembling. He gripped her hand and help stood up before swept her feet off the floor and carried her, bridal style.
 
Aeri was too shocked and frighten to react on the sudden romantic gesture from Baekhyun. “Close your eyes.” Baekhyun said. “Wh-what?” Aeri hesitated. “Just close them. Trust me.” Baekhyun said while the security team made their way to the veranda, passing by the couple. Aeri did what she was told, just in time as the security team changed into wolves, running towards the forest. Baekhyun quickly walked away from the scene with Aeri in his arms and made his way to their room.
 
 
--Author’s Side--
 
Baekhyun carefully placed her on the bed, “Are you okay?” he asked. 
 
Aeri loosen the grip around Baekhyun’s neck, “I’m fine. You?” she return the question to him.
 
“I’m fine, don’t worry.” Baekhyun smiled. 
 
“Okay..” Aeri looked down to her hand and found out that it was covered with blood. Baekhyun was busy closing the curtains in the room so no one can see them from outside.
 
Aeri looked around her body, to see if she was wounded but there was none. She then turn her attention to the back of Baekhyun’s body only to found out that he was the one who got hurt. “Baekhyun…” Aeri quickly got up while Baekhyun looked to her direction. “What is it?” 
 
He asked like nothing wrong. “You’re hurt.” She said, showing her hand that was covered with red liquid.
 
“Oh, you saw that?” At last, Baekhyun showed his frown, signaling that he was in pain.
 
Aeri hurriedly walk to him and dragged him by his hand. Baekhyun obediently followed her without saying a word. “You sit and stay I’ll find the first aid kit.” Aeri sternly ordered him. Baekhyun nodded without hesitation and obeyed her. He watched Aeri walk away from him and went inside the bathroom.
 
“Okay…This is the first time I listen to someone instantly like that.” Baekhyun chuckled. “She is really something.” He said smiled out of irony.
 
A few moments later, Aeri came back with the first aid kit and a bowl of water. Even if Aeri hadn’t said anything yet, Baekhyun was already on the way of undressing his shirt and directing his wounded back to Aeri. Aeri sat down on the bed, preparing the items needed. 
 
“It’s a relief that the glasses didn’t stuck on you.” she said while gently pressing the damp cotton on his wounds.
 
“Yeah…” Baekhyun replied short. For a moment, there was an awkward silence between both of them. Aeri was focusing on the wounds while Baekhyun was thinking about the ambush just now. He felt guilty that because of him, his wife must suffered in that horrible incident. 
 
Furthermore, even Baekhyun still haven’t finished his investigation about that incident back then. Now this happened. “Ergh…” Baekhyun groaned in frustration. 
 
“Sorry. Is it hurt?” Aeri suddenly spoke.
 
“Uh, no. I’m fine. Keep going.” He said.
 
Aeri was so focused on her tending session that she completely forgot that this was the first time she saw Baekhyun topless. Him, on the other hand was slightly embarrassed when he realized this situation. Don’t miss understand! It’s not about he didn’t have a nice figure. He have a wonderful body, trust me. [[*mind yourself to look for ‘Baekhyun’s abs in the internet’*]] . Even he doesn’t know why he’s embarrassed all of the sudden.
 
Aeri was finished with the wounds, she just need to finish it up by wrapped the bandages around his wounds, more specifically she needs to wrapped her husband’s body with bandages. Aeri moved from her original place to the center on the bed. Baekhyun, who was already got his roller coaster of emotion under control turn his attention her when she called his name, “Baekhyun, turn to me.” Aeri said while managing the bandages, she didn’t even look at him.
 
Baekhyun was somehow didn’t heard what she said, he was actually still thinking about last night’s fight and also the incident just now. He frowned harder as his thoughts and questions went deeper.
 
“Turn around.” Aeri ordered him but as soon as her eyes finally landed on his frowning face she quickly said, “Please?”
“Is he mad at me?” Aeri panicked.
 
Baekhyun seemed to be out from his daydream moved his body and face her. Aeri then finally realized she was in this fluttering situation. She eyed her husband body and can’t help but to blush in red shades. Baekhyun noticed her bashful reaction tried to hold back all his smirks, chuckles and his grins away. Aeri looked down for a moment trying to control her emotions. 
 
“Hey.” Baekhyun suddenly spoke with his hoarse voice.
 
Upon hearing one simple word for from him easily made Aeri felt the goosebumps all over her body. “Y-yes?”
 
“! How cute can she be?” Baekhyun bit his lower lips.
 
Baekhyun moved closer to her while Aeri started to back away slowly. “What? What? What?” Aeri repeated the word like a thousand times in her head as she was basically under him right now. Thank goodness that he stopped just when she elbowed her herself on the mattress. His face and hers were inches away from each other and Aeri could feel his breath brushed upon her face. She stare at his mouth as he started to say, “Aren’t you going to finish this up?” he said while pointing thumb to the back of him.
 
“Uh. Hmm. Yes.” She lost her words at the moment she found out that he was just teasing her. Baekhyun pulled himself back and sat down. He tried very hard to control his smile so he could act cool and all in front of her.
 
Aeri went nearer to him and place the edge of the bandage on his stomach area. “Oh my god!Urgh! I don’t think I can sleep tonight…” 
 
Aeri wrapped the bandages around from his stomach to his back and repeat it again and again. Since both of them were facing each other, every time she wrapped the bandages, it felt as if she was hugging Baekhyun as she moved closer when the bandage reached his back.
 
Baekhyun watched Aeri’s movements and how he loved the scent on her, “I want to hug you all day long…” Baekhyun whispered to himself. 
“What did you say?” Aeri asked. “Oh, it was nothing.” Baekhyun said while awkwardly rubbing the back of his head. “All done.” Aeri said. “And thank you for saving me just now.” She faced down as her faces started to get redder and redder.
 
Baekhyun bit his lower lips as he found that his wife was really cute and, “Hell with all of this!” he cursed. “Eh? What--” But before she could finish her sentence, Baekhyun pushed her down and moved on top of her. Aeri’s eyes widen from its normal size and spoke in her mind “Ehhhhhhhhhhh~~???!!”
 
TO BE CONTINUE