Chapter 2

AEGIS

“Good morning Miss Aeri, awake already?” the servant greeted her young master.

 

Aeri turned away from the window and look at her servant. “Good morning, Nara. Yes, I have. How are you today?” Aeri smiled sweetly.

 

“I’m fine, Miss Aeri. I’m sure you’re thrilled right now? I’ve heard that you’re going to meet you soon to be husband later today.” Nara grinned from ear to ear.

 

“Yeah, sure..” Aeri smiled faintly.

 

Nara noticed that she might said something wrong, “I’m sorry, Miss Aeri. I don’t mean to intrude.” 

“It’s fine, Nara.” Aeri turned her back and looked through the windows.

 

Since Nara was the closest servant to Aeri. She doesn’t mind if she made a simple mistake as that. Aeri and Nara were friends since they were little. They grew up together in Aeri’s mansion. Nara’s mother was Aeri’s baby sitter. Since her parents were always busy, they hired Nara’s mother to work for Aeri. 

 

Because of the fondness between Aeri and Nara’s mother, along with Nara. Mr. and Mrs. Lee decided to ask the single mother and her daughter, Nara to live with them in the mansion. So, Nara’s mother agreed. Even though Aeri’s parents were always busy, but they loved their daughter endlessly. They always try to make time for her even though it was just brief.

 

But, Aeri never once felt she was alienated. Despite, she was sad that her parents did not have much time with her in her youth, she knew that her parents loved her so much.

 

And with that, Aeri grew up and turned to be the fairest maiden in the land. Not just her appearance but also her inner beauty. With the kindness taught by her parents and Nara’s mother. Aeri become the lady that is now. Beautiful, kind, smart and courageous. 

 

Aeri was akin to her mother. She have two pair of beautiful brown orbs, her hair was long and as dark as night, her skin was milky white and smooth, her waist was slender so as her fingers, and although she wasn’t tall like a model, she still have a very cute height. 

 

Looks were on her mother’s side but her intelligence was based on her father. She was top in her class and she was courageous as a knight. She might not have the strength of a soldier but her heart was tougher an entire army force. She maybe be strong but when it comes to love, she’s as fragile as a cracked glass slipper. She always follow her heart and act by her mind. 

 

Acceding her parents’ request was something she accept with all her heart. But, the deal to marry a complete stranger was the one thing that broke her heart. Being a lady, she also wants to find love by herself just like her parents did.

 

“Aeri-ah~ are you okay?” Nara patted her shoulder, waking her from her daydream. 

 

“I’m fine, Nara..” Aeri walked towards her bed and sat down.

 

Nara followed her steps and held Aeri’s hand, “It’s going to be fine, Aeri-ah.. Your mother and father love you so much. They will not hand over their beloved daughter to some bad people, wouldn’t they?”

 

Aeri’s eyes started to fill with tears. 

 

“I’m sure they would find a perfect husband for you. And they already did! I heard the guy is super handsome.” Nara said dreamily, making Aeri smiled at her silly friend.

 

Nara wiped the tears that flowed down Aeri’s cheeks. 

 

“Just be yourself, Aeri-ah. I’m sure he’ll fall for you.” Nara smiled warmly.

 

“You think so?” Aeri sniffled.

 

“1000%! And that’s not even a real number.” Nara said, resulting Aeri to laugh.

 

“Thanks, Nara-ah~ I knew it that I can count on you~” Aeri hugged Nara, so did her.

________________________________________________________________

 

Later in the evening,

Aeri was ready physically. She wore a light blue dress. The dress falls perfectly until her knees. She stand in front of a large mirror. She was wondering to wear a cardigan or something since the dress was sleeveless. She let her hair down and curled them a little at the edge. 

 

“Is this fine?” Aeri asked herself after done with the make-up. She wore a light make-up so it wouldn’t looked fake.

 

Aeri looked at her own reflection for so many times, wondering if her look was good enough to make the first impression.

 

She let out a sigh.

 

“Mirror! Mirror! On the wall~ Who’s the fairest of them all~?” Aeri turned to the door and saw Nara who was standing there with a grin on her face.

“It is, Lee Aeri~” Nara finished her line.

 

Aeri giggled. “What are you doing there? Come on in~”

 

Nara just laughed and walked towards Aeri.

 

“You look beautiful, Miss Aeri.” Nara looked to Aeri’s reflection.

 

“Is this fine?” Aeri asked.

 

“You’re fabulous already~ Now, please go this way. Your carriage awaits you, my princess. Along with our King and Queen.” Nara bowed down gracefully.

 

Aeri laughed at her action and the nervousness started to slowly calm down.

_______________________________________________________________

 

 

Aeri and her family was on the way to the Byun’s mansion, Aeri’s hand was touched by her mother. “Are you okay?” Mrs. Lee asked. 

“I’m fine, mother.” Aeri smiled.

 

“Don’t worry, my dear. Mr. Byun’s son will protect you from any harm.” Mr. Lee said with a smile on his face.

 

Aeri felt a bit odd with her father was saying. “Protect? That is a bit… intense. Well, father always like that his normal conversation was always… weird. A bit.” Aeri giggled.

 

A ringtone suddenly was heard. Mr. Lee picked up his phone and answered the call. Aeri wasn’t paying attention at all. She kept looking out the window. She watched as all the couple were enjoying their date night.

 

“It is fine. Mr. Byun~ We’ll still be there. In fact, we’re on the way.”

“Okay, thank you. Goodbye.” Mr. Lee ended the call.

“What’s wrong, honey?” Mrs. Lee asked. 

“Mr. Byun’s son can’t join us for the dinner. He had important work.” Mr. Lee answered.

“Well, that’s unfortunate. I guess you can’t meet him today, my dear…” Mrs. Lee gently patted Aeri’s hand.

 

Aeri was a bit disappointed for a couple second and eventually said, “It’s fine. I can see him again later when he’s free, right?”

 

Mr. and Mrs. Nodded and smiled.

 

The traffic light turned red and the car stopped. Aeri continued to look at the people outside from the window. 

 

Suddenly, Aeri saw a huge dog running through the people. Her eyes widen from her normal size.

 

After a few seconds later, she saw a couple of man chasing the dog.

 

“No way… It can’t be…” Aeri said silently.

 

“What did you say, Aeri?” Mrs. Lee asked.

 

“Mom, tell Mr. Byun that I sent my regards--”Aeri unlock the door of the car and ran towards the dog’s direction.

“What are you doing?! Where are you going, Aeri-ah?!” Mrs. Lee yelled but Aeri ignored her.

 

Mr. Lee was dumbfounded for a moment but eventually woke up from his day dream. He then ordered his men to follow her and make sure she’s fine. And they quickly exited the car and ran after Aeri.

_________________________________________________________________

 

Aeri ran and ran.

 

She could see that the dog ran into the park while the men split up and went to all direction. Aeri stopped, she could feel her foot was twinging. The two body guard that her father sent caught up to her, panting.

 

Aeri looked below to her foot and noticed that it was bleeding from her rough movement in her high heels.

 

“Miss Aeri, you’re bleeding!” one of the man announced.

 

“I know.” Aeri said in a serious tone. She took of her shoes and said, “Follow me.” She ran forward, to the dog’s direction.

“Yes, Miss Aeri.” Without asking why, the two man followed her from behind.

 

She was bare-footed and was hurt. But, she couldn’t care less. She didn’t even know what the she was doing. She just followed her heart, it told her to go and her body seemed to move by itself. Plus, she didn’t want to waste her years studied in the university to be veteran. She loved animals and the dog seems in trouble.

 

When reached the park, she could see the dog was panting hard and looked weak. She ran towards it and as she was getting closer, she realized something. 

 

“A wolf?” Aeri ran faster and stopped. She sat adjacent to the wolf.

 

Her small hands landed on the head of the wolf. “What is a wolf doing in middle of the city. Its’ habitat is far away from here.”

 

“Miss, be careful with the wolf. It may be aggressive.” One of the body guard warned her.

“The only thing you should be worry about right now is the men that are trying to harm this poor wolf.” Aeri said sternly. She didn’t even look at the body guards.

 

“Now, do your work. Protect me and this wolf.” Aeri ordered.

 

“Yes, Miss Aeri.” Both of the man replied in unison. 

 

While the guys were busy fighting…

 

“Are okay?” Aeri spoke softly. The fragile beast didn’t move. It was unconscious.

 

Aeri placed her hand near its’ heart. “His heart beat is unstable, he isn’t breathing normally.” Aeri was thinking of several infections according to these symptoms. 

 

Aeri observed the wolf even closer and found a pellet stuck at his leg. “What’s this?” Aeri plucked out the pellet and examining it, “Drugs?” Aeri spoke to herself.

 

Aeri turned back at the wolf, “It’ll be alright. No one is going to harm you. You’re going to be safe. I’m here. So, just rest. The drug will wear off eventually.” Aeri lift the wolf’s head and placed it on her lap. She gently caressed the wolf’s head, trying to make it calm.

_________________________________________________________________

 

 

“Hey there, pretty puppy.” She greeted him cheerfully.

 

“I’m not a ‘pretty puppy’..” Baekhyun protested. “What are you doing here anyway?” Baekhyun asked her.

 

Baekhyun waited for her to reply to him but the little girl didn’t say anything. She just stood there, smiling at him.  

 

“I asked you--” As Baekhyun wanted to ask her one more time. The girl cut his sentence off.

 

“Pretty puppy… Be careful.” The girl warned her.

 

“What are you talking about? Baekhyun was confused.

 

“and… protect her.” She said.

 

“Her? Her, who?” Baekhyun asked. His mind starting to turn upside down. 

 

“Remember, protect her.” She reminded him again.

 

“What are you talking about? Hey! No, don’t go now! Who is she?! Tell me!!” Baekhyun screamed at the faded figure of the little girl who was walking away from him.

 

*Back to the reality

 

Baekhyun could feel a small hand touched his chest. “What  happened?" He couldn’t hear clearly since he just woke up and were still weak, but he heard a hint of a woman’s voice.

 

Aeri placed her hand near its’ heart. “His heart beat is unstable, he isn’t breathing normally.” She said.

 

Baekhyun hissed as she pulled out the pellet from his legs. His vision was recovering gradually and so does his other senses. He could hear and smell better. His sight was now crystallized, he could see a beautiful woman in front of him. Her smooth black hair falls perfectly to her waist. Her eyes were mesmerizing. Baekhyun was frozen for a moment.

 

Baekhyun’s head was already on her lap. The woman kept on calming him down. “I don’t think that she know that I’m already awake.” Baekhyun thought.

 

Baekhyun felt the warmth from her seemed familiar. His dizziness was also recovering. Baekhyun could see that the men were fighting. “Two against three. That hardly seems fair.” He said.

 

The man with the suit knocked out one of them and he fell down, fainted. The fight goes on as the pair of them replied punches with punches.

 

“Are you still not awake?” Aeri Baekhyun’s fur gently. Baekhyun just stayed still, didn’t know what to door to react.

 

“Miss Aeri!! Look out!!” one of the men screamed to warn her. Her reflex was slow to capture the whole situation but Baekhyun captured it perfectly. 

 

The third man, who fainted just now woke up and ran towards Aeri and Baekhyun.  He was holding a knife to attack the seemingly defenseless woman and wolf.

Even if Baekhyun caught up with the situation, he wasn’t fast enough. He still didn’t have the strength to swiftly burst out to the man. Plus, he can’t just jump of in front of the woman, he might hurt her.

 

The man was getting closer and was aiming Aeri. The sharp knife was nearly hit Aeri’s face but instead, Baekhyun blocked it, causing the knife to stab at his left shoulder. Aeri was shocked by the wolf’s sudden movements and frozen for the fact that the wolf blocked the attack in order to save her.

 

Baekhyun growled in pain as the sharp object went through his body. The man was shocked to know that the wolf was awake whereas the drug should make him unconscious for 12 hours. Baekhyun bite the knife and forcefully pulled it out, causing him to bleed. Aeri gasped in shock, “You’re hurt!”

 

 

Baekhyun ignored her and walked towards the man. The man slowly took a step back and stumbled down on the ground. Baekhyun growled at him, his eyes were filled eerie aura making he stumbled man’s face filled with terror.

 

The two bodyguards were finished with their fight and went to check on their young master. They saw the scene and was quite confused with the situation. They was the man was on the ground and saw the wolf was going wild. They were bewildered on who were they supposed to fight so they could protect their young master. 

 

The man tried to stand up and ran away from the area. The two bodyguards didn’t stop him since he didn’t have the intention to fight. His focus was to run away. Soon, the three man ran away from the scene in panic. 

 

Baekhyun didn’t stopped growling, since he was in pain. “He’s hurt, come help me!” Aeri said.

 

“It seems vicious Miss, you should move away from it.” One of the bodyguard said.

 

“No! We need to help him!” Aeri was being persistent.

 

“Your father wouldn’t want you to get hurt, Miss. Please carefully move away from the beast..” he said.

 

Aeri saw the wolf turned to her and looked deep into her eyes.

 

“Don’t move, Miss Aeri. We’ll come to you” he said.

 

 

Baekhyun was bleeding quite a lot and he wasn’t planning to hear the argument and die for losing blood. He turn to the woman and said, “Thank you.” Even though she wouldn’t heard him. Then, he gathered his strength again and ran away, leaving the three people behind at the park.

 

“Miss, are you alright?” they asked.

 

“Aishh! I’m fine! But, you scared him away! And he’s hurt, who will help him now, hmm?!” Aeri nagged at them.

 

“We’re sorry, Miss. But, we need to bring you back home safely.” They bowed.

 

“Bring me home safely? What about him? I don’t think he’ll survive with wounds that bad.” Aeri’s eyes started to get teary.

 

“….” They just stood there silently. Felt a little bad for what they had done.

“But, you did well. Thank you for your work.” She wiped her tears away and smiled.

 

“Let’s go home.” Aeri said limping her way forward. Now she started to feel the soreness from her leg.

 

I hope he’ll be fine.” Aeri wished in her heart.

 

To Be Continue

 

 

 

 

 

A/Note:

Hey guys~! Here’s chapter 2~~~ 

I really hope you liked this chapter (>_<) 

Please subscribe, comment and don’t forget to upvote~!

 

THANK YOUU~~ LOVE YOUU~~ 

Please participate on the next chapter too~

 

Sincerely,

Blue_Syo