Chapter 5

AEGIS

--Baekhyun’s Side--

After the wedding ceremony at the church finished with the bride throwing her flower bouquet, the newly married couple and their guests made their way towards the Byun’s mansion for the wedding reception. The reception was supposed to be at a hall near the church but Mr. Byun insisted to make in at his mansion. He also insisted that it’ll be a special surprise for the main characters on the day. So, every arrangements were planned by Aeri’s father-in-law.

 

Aeri and Baekhyun were in the same car, driving their way to Byun mansion. Being the rich man he was, he drove his wife in his red cherry Ferrari. Baekhyun let the roof of his car open widely, the wind brushed through his hair. He took a glance to the person beside him. Aeri was enjoying the ride, she seemed to love the wind blew to her face.

 

“Having fun?” he asked, looking at the road.

 

Aeri turned her face towards her husband, “Yeah…” she blushed.

 

“That’s good” he smiled, like for only 2 seconds.

 

 Aeri then turned her attention back to the road and at times, she would turn to look at to her side, watching the people on the sidewalk.

 

Baekhyun found out that her wife was the one who saved him that night. He was happy that he could meet her again but there was still so many things that were disturbing his mind. First of all, it was true that Aeri was beautiful and she saved his life and all. But, Baekhyun still didn’t feel anything towards her. Like? Love? Affections? Nothing. Baekhyun heart was always empty. It is not that he doesn’t believe in love it is just that he thought that love is just a distraction. And that was the first. 

 

Second, who was the guys who were trying to kidnap him? And why? It was normal for Baekhyun actually. Since he was little, there were lots of attempt of kidnapping him for ransom. He’s already used to it. But, the ones that were trying to kidnap him that night was different. They knew him in his were-wolf form not in his human form. “That is weird…” Baekhyun thought.

 

 

Third, the dreams he had. No, it was actually more like a nightmare. He didn’t have a single clue what were the dreams trying to tell him. Because of that, he didn’t slept well at all. The kept toss and turn on his bed trying to rest his eyes after he woke up in the middle of the night.

 

These sleepless nights lead him to be tired when he was working at his father’s company. Tons of projects he needs to confirm and finish them. He was stressed out. It was good that his wife was not a clingy type or annoyingly ask too many questions or kept on talking about herself and her life. She was rather quiet and peaceful. Baekhyun could use of some peaceful time even if he wasn’t alone. He was so grateful that she was a timid kind of lady.

 

Baekhyun arrived at his father’s mansion. He parked in front of the mansion and turned off the engine of his car. He unlock the door and got out from the car. Then, he looked at his wife who was struggling to get out, in her wedding dress. He swiftly walked around the car and went to her, extended his right hand, offering his help for her. Aeri hesitated at first but eventually took his hand. Baekhyun pulled her out gently and closed the door behind her. “Thank you.” She said with a voice like silk. And Baekhyun nodded in reply.

 

“Oh~! My beautiful daughter-in-law you have arrived.” Mr. Byun’s voice was suddenly heard by the couple. 

“Ah~ Mr. Byu-- I m-mean.. ahh..” Aeri stuttered, thinking what she should call Mr. Byun now. 

Mr. Byun laughed out loud. “You can call me Dad, my dear.” He came to her and hugged her. 

 

Aeri replied the hug, “Okay, Dad.” She blushed.

“Ah~ I always wanted a daughter especially when I got a stoned heart son.” Mr. Byun sighed in relief.

Aeri giggled as she found that it was amusing. While, Baekhyun was just standing there and rolled his eyes.

 

“Ah! Almost forgot! Other than the arranged reception of your wedding. I also prepared you another surprise.” Mr. Byun grinned.

“Oh my, you shouldn’t have… You’ve done a lot already.” Aeri said.

“Oh no! It’s fine~ I’m happy that I have a daughter now. So, the gift is in Baekhyun’s room…” Mr. Byun said to Aeri. “…And you please her to your room and after that bring her to backyard.” Mr. Byun said to Baekhyun.

 

“I’ll go welcome the guest you should go inside now.” Mr. Byun said and hurriedly made his way to the backyard.

“Well, I guess we should go. Come on. This way, please.” Baekhyun said and lead the way to his room.

_________________________________________________________________

 

--Aeri’s Side--

Aeri followed behind Baekhyun through the mansion to his room. “What is it now, Dad~? You have done so much already.” Aeri lost her words to say thanks to her father-in-law. As Aeri were busy fighting with herself in her head, Baekhyun was glancing back at her. He looked at the struggling Aeri with her dress. The wedding dress was perfect as it was before but since Aeri’s mother added an extra fabric on her dress, making it a little bit longer on her lower back, as if it was like a train.

 

Aeri was too busy to notice that Baekhyun was staring at her. Baekhyun sighed softly. “Wait.” He suddenly stopped his movement, making Aeri hit her head against his back. “Ahh! Sorry.” Aeri rubbed her forehead. “His back is hard! Woah~”

 

Baekhyun turned around her, bowed on his knees and pick up her dress, “Let me hold this and navigate you from her back.” He said with a poker face.

Aeri blushed in red because of his sweet gesture, “No no no, you don’t have to… I can do it, it’s fine…” she wanted to refuse but in the end Baekhyun insisted, “It is fine, now walk straight.” He said.

 

“O-okay…” she admit defeated.

 

Their walk continued with Baekhyun’s voice navigating the way of his room. Lefts, rights, straights and at last, stop. “We’re here. Stop.” He ordered and she did as he said.

 

Baekhyun let go the dress and turn the door knob around, “Come in…” he said gesturing his hand towards his room.

 

“Thank you…” She went inside and found out that his room was beautiful and was so neat. She looked around at his room and her eyes stopped at a certain thing. Baekhyun watched her walked away from him and straight to the corner of his room, while Baekhyun saw something on his bed and walked his way there.

 

“You play?” Aeri asked while her fingers ran through the acoustic guitar.

“Sometimes. When, I’m free. But, I’m busy often. So, I didn’t play as much when I was in high school.” Baekhyun explained, while his hands were exploring the gift on his bed.

 

“I see~” Aeri nodded slowly.

 

“Hey, I think this is yours.” Baekhyun called her, while reading the paper on his hand.

 

Aeri turned to him and quickly made way. Baekhyun passed the paper to her, it appeared to be a note from her father in law. 

 

“Dear Aeri,

This is my wedding gift to you. But, I’m sure you like the gift

That is standing beside you now better, right? Hahaha!

I hope you like the gift.

Sincerely,

 

Your father-in-law”

 

“The gift beside me…”  Aeri look at Baekhyun who was standing next to her, who was on his poker face again. Aeri giggled. “What could it be?” Aeri opened the huge box and found out, the gift was a dress. She look at it in awe, “It’s beautiful~” she hold the dress. The dress was fully white and it is a rather short dress. But, it is not that short. “It’s perfect.”

“I guess he wanted you to wear it for the wedding reception.” Baekhyun said.

“Yeah, I guess so. I’ll change for a bit, can you wait for me?” She made a cute eyes to Baekhyun.

“Of course.” He couldn’t help it but to smile.

Aeri’s eyes suddenly widen by his respond. “It’s the first time he smiled at me… OMG! I can’t die now!” she blushed.

“There’s the bathroom. You can as much time you want.” He said and sat on his bed.

“O-okay…” she turned around and walk to the bathroom.

_________________________________________________________________

 

“Oh my~ You look so pretty~” Mrs. Lee came to her daughter and gave her a hug.

“Thanks, mom.” She thanked her.

“Okay, I’m going to greet the others. Both of you should mingle as well. Get to know his friends too, Aeri-ah~”Mrs. Lee advised her before she bid her farewell.

 

“Oh, there you are~ Wow! My daughter-in-law is fabulous.” Mr. Byun greeted Aeri.

“No, the dress you gave, made me look pretty. Thank you for the gift, Dad. This wedding reception is so beautiful~” Aeri hugged him.

“Hahaha! You’re welcome. I learned that you love flower garden from your mother. So, I did the best I can.” He explained.

“Really, Dad. Thank you so much for all of this.” She thanked him again.“No need to thanked, dear. Ah! Mr. Kim~!” Mr. Byun suddenly shouted at his friend you just arrived to the party.

“Excuse me, by the way, Baekhyun. Don’t be a mannequin next to your wife. Enjoy! It’s your wedding day!” Mr. Byun said before walked away.

 

Baekhyun just gave his father a very clear fake smile for taunting him about the ‘mannequin thing’, making Aeri giggled at his actions. He then look to Aeri and so does she. They stared at each other for some moments and Baekhyun seemed like wanted to say something. But, suddenly, someone interrupted both them.

_________________________________________________________________

 

--Baekhyun’s Side--

Aeri was talking to my dad about the reception he made for Baekhyun and Aeri. "I have to admit that he did a great job. Our empty backyard are now become a beautiful wonderland garden.”  Baekhyun looked around him and observed the decoration.

 

When they entered the back yard, there were a line of flower pillars on both side. There were canopies build surrounded the empty dance floor in the middle. The canopies where decorated beautifully with flowers, real flowers. One more good thing about having a mansion in the middle of a small forest was when you’re having a garden themed wedding reception, it is just perfect.

 

The dance floor in the middle weren’t under a large canopy but it was rather roofless and naturally decorated with the beautiful stars in the sky and not to forget also the beautiful shimmering moon.

 

Then suddenly, Baekhyun felt weird. His insides felt really weird and didn’t know why.

 

“Excuse me, by the way, Baekhyun. Don’t be a mannequin next to your wife. Enjoy! It’s your wedding day!” Mr. Byun said before walked away.

 

Baekhyun just gave his father a very clear fake smile for taunting him about the ‘mannequin thing’, making Aeri giggled at his actions.

 

Baekhyun wanted to tell her than he felt like not feeling well, “But, why have I need to tell her. It’s my business. Not hers.” He look to Aeri and so does she. They stared at each other for some moments. And, suddenly, someone interrupted both them.

 

 

“Hey, there lovebirds!” a familiar voice was heard.

“Urghh! Here we go again!”  Baekhyun groaned.

 

“Ah~ Hello…” Aeri replied the greeting with an awkward tone.

 

“Hello, My name is Park Chanyeol. I’m Baekhyun’s closest friend.” The tall man held out his hand to Aeri.

 

Aeri took his hand and shook it lightly. “Ouh~ Are all of you close friends with Baekhyun?” she asked while eyeing the other four man surrounding her, Baekhyun and Chanyeol.

 

“Yeah, they are my friends since we’re in highschool.” Baekhyun suddenly spoke up after a long silence.

 

“This is Kyungsoo also known as D.O” Baekhyun pointed at the big eyed man. And the man smiled with a heart shaped lips. “Oh! It’s a heart.” Her eyes sparkled at the view that she’s seeing now.

 

“This is Junmyeon. You can call him Suho. Easier to remember it.” Baekhyun pointed at the good looking man next to Kyungsoo. “Why, Suho?” she asked out of curiosity. “Because he act to like a ‘protector’ since we started to be .Don’t do that, don’t do this. You get that, right?” Baekhyun explained, getting a nod from Aeri.

 

“If you ask me, he’s more ‘bossy’ than ‘protect’” Chanyeol leaned down to Aeri’s ear to whisper his statement, causing her to giggle.

 

“I heard that.” Suho glared at Chanyeol. Suho defended himself and explained the real reason why he was called ‘Suho’ to Aeri.

 

While, Baekhyun saw that Chanyeol were too close with his wife. "Mind your distance, Chanyeol.” Baekhyun send a warning through his mind to the tall man. Chanyeol looked at Baekhyun and, “Geez, don’t be so possessive, man.” Chanyeol held back his laughter. 

 

“Possessive? That’s the best you’ve got? Seriously? I just don’t want the main headlines for tomorrow’s paper will be "THE FAMOUS BYUN BAEKHYUN’S WIFE FOUNDED FLIRTING WITH ANOTHER MAN ON HER WEDDING RECEPTION.”  Got that?”  Baekhyun gestured his eyes towards some reporters who was not far from them. 

 

Chanyeol followed Baekhyun’s gaze and looked at him with a nod and a few step back from Aeri.

 

Baekhyun got back to the introduction exactly on time when Aeri had done with her chat with Suho. “Ah, and this black man over here is Jongin. But, mostly known as Kai.” Baekhyun said while making fun of Kai’s complexion. Causing the others laugh out loud and a small laugh from Aeri. Baekhyun curved his lips into a satisfied smile after notice Aeri laughed. 

 

“Yah! I’m not black, god! Why are you guys need to humiliate me every time you introduce me to someone new?!” Kai complained like a child. “Because we love to tease you, Kai.” Kyungsoo replied his question while wiping his tears caused by the laughter.

 

“Aishh! I’m not black Aeri, seriously. Yes, I’m a little bit tanned but I’m not black, okay?” Kai explained with his pleading eyes. Aeri smiled and nodded, “I understand, Kai-sshi.” She said, causing Kai to sigh in relief.

 

Baekhyun diverted his hand towards the man beside Kai, “And this is Sehun. He’s usually quiet with new people but he’ll be the most annoyingly clingy person when you get to know him better.” Sehun then pushed away Baekhyun hand, “Yah! You don’t need to say that out loud, the reporters might spread the rumors like wild fire!” He warned Baekhyun.

“Well, it is not rumor. It is the truth.” Suho slide into the conversation.

“Ughh~!” Sehun groaned in frustration.

Aeri stood there and smiled at they’re behavior. “They all seems nice.” She thought.

 

“Well, nice to meet you all. I’m Aeri. I hope we can be friends.” She said and bowed down.

 

“Oh, no! You don’t need to bow.” Suho stopped her.

 “You are already like a friend to us. If you wanted help, you can tell us.” Chanyeol said and was agreed by Sehun.

“And if you wanted a shoulder to cry on. I’ll be there for you, personally.” Kai gave her a flirty smile. Not long after that, he got a shot of a glare from Baekhyun and a hard nudge from Kyungsoo, who was smiling innocently at Aeri.

 

“Thank you, guys.” She said gratefully.

 

*Ting ting ting ting* 

The sound of glass being hit by a steel spoon, sounded.

 

“And now, please welcome the newly married couple to take their place in the center and to lead the first dance.” The MC said while pointing his hand to Baekhyun and Aeri.

The spotlight went straight towards the couple, making all of the guests’ attention landed towards the beautiful couple.

“What? A dance?” Baekhyun was quite shocked for the sudden statement and so does Aeri. Baekhyun look into Aeri’s eyes and she looked in his. Aeri said as if she was whispering to him, “What are we going to do?”

 

TO BE CONTINUE

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

A/Note:

Hey guys~! Here’s chapter 5~~~ 

I think Baekhyun was so sweet in this chapter. What a gentleman right?!

Anyways, I really hope you liked this chapter (>_<)

Please subscribe, comment and don’t forget to upvote~!

 

THANK YOUU~~ LOVE YOUU~~ 

Please participate on the next chapter too~

 

Sincerely,

Blue_Syo