Chapter 4

AEGIS

Aeri pushed Baekhyun away as she realized that their parents were staring the embarrassing scene. With her face tainted in red, “E-excuse m-me…” she stuttered and ran away from the scene.

 

Baekhyun’s gaze never broke from her until she was lost from his sight. “It is her…” Baekhyun then realized that he wasn’t alone. The looks from his father and the Lee family was priceless. But, Baekhyun were having a hard time to explain what and why he did that to her.

 

 

--Aeri’s Side--

Aeri quickly entered the bathroom and locked the door behind her. She was so embarrassed for what he just did. She made her steps towards the sink and looked at the mirror. The reflection of her face was so red, “Gosh! What was he thinking?!! Doing that to me?” Aeri covered her face.

 

“Do I look that easy, huh?!” She suddenly got mad. 

 

“God! Why in front of my parents?” She blushed.

 

“Wait! Why did he even did that to me? I’m not his wife yet!” She frowned.

 

“Yet? That means if we got married….” Aeri started to think of the possibility of his actions and her face got even redder than before.

 

“Aishh!” she groaned in frustration.

 

Aeri then check on her eyes, to look whether her eyeliner messed up or something. She look closer to her own eyes through the reflection but she found out her make-up was fine. Nothing looks strange. “Hmmm~ That’s strange.”

 

Aeri shrugged it off and took a couple of deep breathes before facing her nightmare, which was being stared weirdly. She unlock the door and went through the door. She tried to walk as slow as possible to the dining room, she also wished that she would lost in the mansion and never faced Baekhyun and her parents.

 

But, as she was nearly reaching the dining, she found out that the situation at the dining table were just fine.  Her parent were having a good time chatting and laughing. So, does Mr. Byun. While Baekhyun were also in the conversation. He didn’t laugh much. But, he smiled a lot. 

 

Aeri found herself staring at Baekhyun. “How can a person have such breathtaking smile as his?” Aeri sighed dreamily.

 

After a while, she gather her strength and entered the dining room. And she thanked to god that none of them mentioned what Baekhyun had done to her. Baekhyun and Aeri still didn’t talk much. They just eat their wonderful lunch and joined their parents’ conversation at times, but they mostly sat there quietly.

 

And their lunch went on just like that and they also discussed about the wedding, the date and all.

 

_________________________________________________________________

 

On the wedding day…

--Aeri’s Side--

She looked at her own reflection in the mirror in the bride’s waiting room. The silky white dress suits well with her fair skin. The dress was picked by herself, and was agreed by Baekhyun himself.  Her shoulder area and her wrist were covered with fabrics made out of laces while other parts of her dress were silk. She loved the dress.

 

Throughout the weeks before her wedding, Aeri was too nervous to even think straight. She felt as if her heart were never at ease ever since she met Baekhyun. Nara told her that, the feelings she felt, the nervousness, the worries of her looks, was because she like Baekhyun. Aeri denied Nara’s statement but since that day, she raised up her white flag to love.

 

**Flashback**

Aeri and Baekhyun planned to meet at the ‘Andellasia Bridal Fashion House’ at the city to pick out dresses for Aeri on her wedding. Aeri arrived first, since Baekhyun were having a meeting. So he can’t went there early.

 

Aeri went inside and was welcomed by a young lady who worked there. She looked like she was around Aeri’s age. “Welcome, Miss.” She bowed and Aeri replied her bow.

 

“Please, follow me.” She smiled and gestured her hand towards the sofa. Aeri followed behind her while her eyes were wondering at the mannequins that were dress up in wedding dresses. “Those are beautiful…” she whispered to herself.

 

The lady pointed her hand at the sofa and Aeri sat down. “Thank you.” She smiled. 

 

“So, what style do you want for your wedding dress?” the lady asked while handing Aeri an album. Aeri look through the album briefly and discovered that it was the collection of wedding dress designs.

 

Aeri look at the worker awkwardly, “Actually, I’m not sure what kind of design I wanted, and I was hoping to discuss it with my fiancée.” She explained.

 

“Okay, I understand. If you don’t mind I ask, where is your fiancée?” The lady asked politely.

 

As Aeri was about to answer, “Ahhh… h--”

 

“He’s here.” A familiar voice was heard.

Aeri turned her attention from the lady to the man who was standing at the entrance of the boutique. Her sight landed from his slender legs up his hips, body and later reached his face. “Baekhyun…” she sighed in relief. Aeri was actually started to wonder if he’ll come since Baekhyun was always busy.

 

“Ah… You’re here?” Aeri controlled her nervousness, and smiled.

 

“Yeah, I’m sorry for coming here late.” Baekhyun said while walking towards her.

 

“It’s fine…” she smiled softly.

 

“Welcome, sir.” The worker said as Baekhyun arrived in front of her and Baekhyun nodded in reply.

 

“So, what did I miss?” he asked while facing Aeri.

 

“Not much. We were just reviewing the dress designs.” Aeri said, avoiding his eye contact.

 

And their discussion went on just fine. Baekhyun’s suggestions about the dresses were amazing too. Aeri was impressed that he knew about designs. Aeri’s choices also were not that bad. Aeri enjoyed her time with Baekhyun, even if he seemed to be serious and uptight. Like, always.

 

Aeri tried one by one of the dresses that were chosen. Each of them seems fine but not… you know, ‘the one’. In the end, Aeri wore the dress that were chosen by both of them literally at the same time. She looked at herself through the mirror. “This is the one.” She convinced herself.

 

The worker slide the curtain to the side, revealing Aeri is her white wedding dress. Baekhyun looked shocked (in a nice way), his eyes widen and brighten up for the first time since he arrived at the boutique. “This is the one.” He said. Aeri smiled in reply. “Am I right? It’s beautiful~” Aeri took a glance at her reflection once again.

 

 “You look beautiful.” Baekhyun blurted out the things from his mind, causing Aeri’s heart to be felt like an arrow was shot directly through her heart.

 

Aeri blushed, her face was hot and red, “Ahh~ So, this is love…”

**End Flashback**

 

“Nervous much?” that very familiar voice was heard by Aeri, waking her from her flashbacks.

 

“Nara-ah~!” Aeri squealed her best friend’s name, who was leaning at the door frame.

 

“Kyaaa~! I wanted to act cool but you look so beautiful~!!” Nara squealed back at her.

 

“Yahh~ I’m nervous like crazy right now.” Aeri bit her lower lips.

 

“Why would you? You should be nervous tonight. Not right now.” Nara gave her goofy smile.

 

“Omo! Don’t say like that, please~” Aeri covered her red face.

 

Nara stuck her tongue out and giggled. “Here, let help you with your veil. The ceremony will start soon. So, you need to be prepared.” Nara offered her help.

 

“You’re right.” Aeri agreed with her statement.

 

Nara placed a layer of thin fabric on top of Aeri’s head. The veil covered her face until her chest. Nara then accessorized her head with a beautiful silver tiara. “Aww~ my girl is going to get married today. I’m so happy for you.” Nara carefully hugged Aeri, so she wouldn’t destroy the masterpiece in front of her.

 

Aeri hugged Nara back before Mrs. Lee barged in. “It’s time, my dear. Your father is waiting for you.” She said. Aeri nodded understandingly. 

 

“See you later.” Aeri bid farewell to Nara before making her way out.

 

_________________________________________________________________

 

Mr. Lee was standing behind the huge door, waiting for her only daughter. Then, he saw the angel that captured his heart ever since the first time he saw her. “Aeri-ah~” he called her daughter’s name.

 

“Father~” Aeri replied him along with her sweetest smile on her face.

 

“You look so beautiful, my daughter. I can’t believe you’re going to leave the nest now.” Mr. Lee eyes were getting filled with salty liquid.

 

Seeing her father’s sad makes Aeri touched in her heart, “Don’t cry, father. I promise I’ll visit you and mother. Always.” Her voice started to crack.

 

Aeri wiped the tears from her father’s crinkled face. “Don’t cry, father. I’ll cry too. My mascara will melt. You don’t want to make our guest ran away because they thought that I’m a ghost, right?” she smiled, holding her tears back.

 

“You’re right.” Mr. Lee dried his tears. He placed her daughter’s arms through his. “Are you ready?” he asked.

 

By hearing the noises from behind the door, Aeri knew that the whole church must be filled with guests, “Kind of…”

 

The music started, and the huge door opened for both of them. “Are you ready?” Aeri asked herself.

 

Aeri walked through the church, passing the guests, with the lead by her father. The aisle along her way were covered with rose petals. “White roses.” she smiled softly. “It means,I'm loyal and worthy of you. ’ ” she whispered to herself.

 

As she looked up, she saw her soon-to-be husband, standing at the end of the aisle. He looked rather serious than happy. Aeri felt offended at first, but she knew that he was always like that. He rarely smile. Or even laugh.

 

Without noticing Aeri were already at the end of the aisle, her father loosen the grip of Aeri’s arms on his. Breaking off their hands. And took Baekhyun’s hand to Aeri’s. “Please, take care of her.” Mr. Lee said while looking straight into Baekhyun’s eyes.

 

Baekhyun nodded and, “I’ll do my best, sir.” He said gripping Aeri’s hand tighter. It didn’t hurt, but rather making Aeri blushed in shyness.

 

After Mr. Lee took his place next to his lovely wife, both of Aeri and Baekhyun turned to face the priest, “We gathered here, on this beautiful day, are to unite this wonderful couple in front of me, together as husband and wife.” The priest said.

 

“Well, do you, Byun Baekhyun, accept this woman as your lawfully wedded wife, to live together in happiness? Will love her, comfort her, protect her, and keep her in sickness and in health, as long as both of you shall live and until death do you apart?” the priest asked, facing Baekhyun.

 

“Yes, I do.” Baekhyun answered, without hesitation.

 

“And, do you, Lee Aeri, accept this man as your lawfully wedded husband, to live together in happiness? Will love him, comfort him, protect him, and keep him in sickness and in health, as long as both of you shall live and until death do you apart?” the priest asked, facing Aeri.

 

“Till death do us apart…”     “I do.” Aeri answered.

 

“Then, if there are no objection, I--”

 

“No objection at all!!!We agree completely!!” Aeri could heard a deep voiced man, screaming from her back, and followed by laughter from the others guests. 

 

Aeri took a glance at Baekhyun and he seemed to be embarrassed by the man. “One of his friends, maybe? Well, he have quite interesting friends.” Aeri smiled to herself.

 

The priest chuckled at the man’s action, “Well then, by the power invested in me, you are now legally, husband and wife.” He said with a smile.

 

The crowd clapped their hands in delight.

 

“Mr. Husband, you may kiss your beautiful bride.” The priest said.

 

“Oh no! I totally forgot about the kiss! Oh.My.God!! Why did I forgot about this, in a wedding this scene was the most important part!! GOD NO!! I don’t want my first kiss to be in front of everybody!!!” Aeri freaked out in her mind.

 

Baekhyun held both side of Aeri’s shoulder and turned her to face him. He revealed her bride’s face by flipped the white transparent veil to the back of her head. Aeri’s heart were beating so fast as if she was just finished 10 laps in the fastest speed. The butterflies in heart stomach seemed to increase in each and every second.

 

Being so shy as she was and the crowd wasn’t helping at all. They cheered even louder than before, she closed her eyes shut not wanting to look at Baekhyun who were getting closer to face. “Kyaaa~!!” she shrieked in her mind.

 

On that moment, she felt the softness of his lips landed on her forehead instead of her lips. She was so relieved and she opened her eyes slowly. The crowd went wild as the kiss was performed. The loudest shouts were from Baekhyun’s friends. Through the cheering, Aeri could heard one of Baekhyun’s friends shouted, “Yahh! Baekhyun! You should kiss her lips! Her lips!!”

 

Aeri blushed as a reaction while Baekhyun glared at him in reply. Aeri smiled at his reaction.

 

Then, both of them walk down the aisle together.

 

TO BE CONTINUE

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

A/Note:

Hey guys~! Here’s chapter 4~~~ 

If you guys noticed I used a lot of ‘mirror scenes’ right? Hahaha~ I don’t even know why actually.. LOL!

Anyways, I really hope you liked this chapter (>_<)

Please subscribe, comment and don’t forget to upvote~!

 

THANK YOUU~~ LOVE YOUU~~ 

Please participate on the next chapter too~

 

Sincerely,

 

Blue_Syo