seventeen

Goddess Mistaken
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

seventeen

My eyes flutter open after my long dream, taking in my bright room lit by the morning light. I push back my hair with a sigh, shaking off the rest of my sleep. My dream felt long and far more real than I had imagined; Persephone’s gentle guidance paired with her somewhat insistent attitude made for a rather interesting learning experience.

I move away from my bed, feeling better than ever. No longer did my body ache from a pain that felt like it was from somewhere deep inside me, in fact, I think I could do a few laps around the courtyard. Maybe.

As usual, Tia is sitting outside my room and I call for her to get breakfast. I take a quick shower, making sure to wash my dirty hair – it did not look any better this morning that it did last night, looking more like a bird’s nest if ever there was a description for how terribly knotted it was. I brush my teeth, wash my face and go through all the usual things. I also see that my eyes are still the same green I had seen last night.

When I finally look as good as I feel on the inside, I leave the bathroom and see that Tia has set up the food on the balcony table.

“Good morning, milady,” she smiles, “You certainly look a lot better that I last saw you.”

“I certainly hope so. I looked like someone dragged me out from the depths of a rubbish pit,” I reply, digging into the food and let out a satisfied moan at how good the food tasted. It felt like ages since I had last eaten.

Tia leaves me be as I once again take a look around me. Someone had let Cerberus out into the garden as I see him frolicking like any other dog would on the grass, chasing this and that. He looks so much happier than usual. Someone is with him, throwing large sticks for him to chase down. I notice the mop of red hair on the person and remember the face of the man Kai had called Chanyeol. It must be him. Perhaps he’ll know what has been happening.

I finish off my food and walk down to the garden where I spot Chanyeol scratching each of Cerberus’ three chins. The dog notices me first and bounds over, barking loudly. Chanyeol walks over, his hands tucked into his pockets as he greets me. “Good morning, Seph,” he greets casually.

“Seph?” I stop patting Cerberus and look at the man in confusion. I’ve only ever been called my own name or Persephone or some varia

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter