Too Kind

The Idol & I

Two weeks had passed and the relationship of Jessica and Taeyeon was still not progressing after the fight. Taeyeon being the well-mannered person still replied Jessica's text and answered her calls but she became different. There was no more the sweet and warm Taeyeon. Her girlfriend became as cold as ice. No more Taeyeon's witty remarks, no more teasing, no more skin contact. No more spending time together. Why are they not breaking up? Jessica would not know. But she was more than glad by it. That would mean that Taeyeon was still holding on to her too. She could fix this.

Today Jessica was free from any schedule so she decided to went to her parents' house. The last time she went there was weeks ago, before the fight. "How to make the old Taeyeon come back?" She muttered.

"What did you say, honey?" Jeasica's father, Jung Il Woo asked her oldest daughter.

"Nothing, dad," Jessica smiled

"You did say something. What is it, dear?" This time her mom was the one who asked her.

"I'm in relationship," Jessica looked down, she did not dare to see her parents' eyes.

"We know, honey. You don't visit us that often anymore. It always happens when you have a new boyfriend," Jung Il Woo smiled. "What is the problem? Did you have a fight?" One thing crossed Jessica's mind: If she told them that her 'boyfriend' was actually her 'girlfriend', would they still react like this?

"We did. It's my fault," Jessica said and she told her parents the whole story but still, she did not say that Taeyeon was actually a girl. "I don't know how to bring her- him back," Jessica's mom was a bit confused by her daughter's wrong use of words but she let it go.

"Have you talked it out to her, dear?"

"We talked about it once and she- he became more upset, I guess? It's a pure mistake mom. It's not accidental or something. I created the problem. She's- he's always been so considerate and patient with me. S-so I-" Jessica sobbed. "I tho-thought i-it w-would be ok," Jessica cried and her mom went to hug the girl.

"The problem was because you weren't ready?"

"I h-had doubts a-about her, dad. She-he was a player so I don't think t-that he's-"

"He was going to introduce you to his dad, honey. Of course he was serious. You said his father is a very busy man, I don't think he would waste his father's time just to meet you if-"

"Enough," Jessica's mom cut her husband. "Jessica, you-"

"No, mom. Dad is right. I should've met he- his father. I d-don't know what w-went into my mind. I- I must b-be an idiot," Jessica sobbed. "Members l-like her, Soojung likes her. Everyone likes her. W-what if I lose her?"

"Her? Honey, are you dating a girl? Your slipped-ups were a lot,"

"W-w-what? I-"

"Don't lie, dear,"

"I'm sorry," Jessica cried. "I k-know you d-don't want me to d-date a girl,"

"She must be an amazing woman to make someone like you to like her," Jessica's dad said. "Sooyeon, your parents here are open minded people. As long as she treats you right, we don't have any problem with it. Relax, Sooyeon. But I'd never think that you would like a girl,"

"She's a charmer, dad. And she treats me lke a princess," Jessica smiled. That moment, her parents knew how strong her daughter's feeling for her girlfriend. They just hoped that it'd end well.

"Then don't let her go, Sooyeon,"

 

Taeyeon was busy flipping the report of project Ecruz. She frowned when she found it, not as profittable as she thought it would be. Sighing, she decided to rest for a while and drink her Chocolate Chip Cream. Her favorite and her girlfriend's.

"Jessica," Taeyeon whispered. She took her phone and looked at its lock screen. It was a picture that Jessica took when they were cuddling on her couch. Both of them looked so happy. Taeyeon smiled sadly. She clenched her jaw and sighed. She checked Jessica's schedule and the time before she drove off to Jessica's apartment.

Jessica just finished showering when she heard her phone ring. Wrapping herself only in towel, she picked up the call.

"Hello?"

"Are you at home? I'm outside your door," Jessica had to check her phone screen to make sure that it really was Taeyeon. She had been the one who started every text and calls after the fight. So this situation felt a bit strange to her. 

"Taeyeon?"

"Hmm?"

"I-I'll open the door now," Jessica ended the call and went to open the door. "Taeyeon.." Jessica stared at her. The older girl looked down for a bit. Her left hand touched Jessica's right chest before the other hand swiftly took Jessica's hand to hold the same spot, replacing her own.

"It's coming off,"

"What?" Jessica put down her hand.

"Towel," Taeyeon said. Realising the towel was about to fall off, Taeyeon quickly hugged the girl to prevent it from falling and dragged both of their bodies inside. She fixed the towel then took Jessica's left hand and pressed on the same spot. "Your towel will fall. Hold it,"

"Hug me," Jessica said which earned a puzzled look from Taeyeon. "Hug me again, Taengoo," Jessica's voice started to waver. Taeyeon just stood there, so confused of what was happening. "Please," Jessica whimpered. Knowing that her girlfriend was about to cry, Taeyeon did what the girl had wanted. The idol cried in her arms. "I miss you, Taengoo," Jessica only heard Taeyeon sighed.

"Dress up then we'll talk," Taeyeon released herself from the hug and sat on the idol's couch. After a few minutes, the idol came out.

"Taengoo,"

"Hi, sit down," Taeyeon patted the space beside her. "I uh.. I guess we should talk about it again. Communication is the key for every relationship, right?" She smiled but not reaching her eyes. "I think it was my fault too. I rushed you when you were not even ready," Taeyeon bit her lips. "But can I ask you a question?" She fixed her gaze at Jessica. "Why did you doubt me?"

"Taeyeon, I was just- you used to be a player. My first love left me for another girl. If you were me, wouldn't you have this kind of doubt too?" Jessica took Taeyeon's hand and played with the fingers, her eyes looked down at their hands. "I- I was torn, Taeyeon. On my debut day, I didn't cry because I was happy that I'm finally debuting. I cried because of him. I lost him, Taeyeon," Jessica switched her gaze to Taeyeon's eyes. "I just- I'm traumatised, Taeyeon. I don't want to go through that kind of heartbreak again. All my exes were just- just toys. I didn't care about them. If they do something I don't like, I would just easily break up witb them. But you, you are different. You made me curious, you make me think of you, you make me miss you," Jessica cupped Taeyeon's face just to meet a pair of dead eyes. "Please, give me a little more time. A little more so that I can be sure,"

"You're not sure of my feelings?" Taeyeon furrowed her eyebrows.

"Taeyeon, please understand," Jessica's eyes started to get teary. Taeyeon closed her eyes and sighed. When she opened her eyes again, Jessica's tears caught her attention. "Please," Jessica whispered. Taeyeon hated herself for making her girlfriend cried.

"Ok, Sica," Taeyeon smiled softly. "Ok, I'll wait. I won't rush you," Taeyeon said. The smile on Taeyeon's face was now reaching her eyes. Taeyeon leaned in and captured the idol's lips. 

Few hours after the fight, the couple was seen cuddling like usual. Taeyeon was playing with Jessica's hair when they heard knocks at the door. Jessica was puzzled because she was not expecting for anyone but she still went to open the door.

"Hi, Jess," a guy was standing outside her door with a black suit holding a bouquet of red roses.

"Oppa," Jessica still held the door, not letting the guy come inside. Taeyeon frowned, not knowing who was the guy. She walked up to Jessica.

"Oh, you have a guest," the guy smiled again. "Did I come at the wrong time?"

"Ah.. N-no, it's ok?" Jessica looked at Taeyeon. 

"Kim Jaejoong," the guy extended his hand.

"Kim Taeyeon," Taeyeon grasped his hands. She knew this guy. CEO of Global Jax, K Group's biggest rival. 

"Oppa, I don't think it's the right time. I'm not free right now," Jessica gave him a small smile.

"Then, when is the right time?" Jaejoong still managed to smile. "Why do you reject my offer every time? I just want to have a dinner with you. A simple dinner. One dinner," he said. Taeyeon was about to in when her girlfriend beat her to that.

"Tomorrow. Pick me up at 6," Jessica said. She was about to close the door, when the guy's hand held the door.

"Tomorrow at 6. Flowers for you," he handed the flowers before releasing his hand. "Bye, beautiful," as soon as the door closed, Taeyeon stared at her girlfriend.

"What was that?"

"He's just someone I met last week. Hyoyeon's friend," Jessica said as she threw the flowers on the trash bin.

"You're going to have dinner with him tomorrow?"

"Ye-"

"Don't go," Taeyeon frowned

"Taeyeon, one dinner and-"

"Don't go," Taeyeon's frowned became more obvious

"Oh my God, Taeyeon," Jessica groaned. "I already said 'yes' to him. It's for business. I told him I wanted to have my own brand and he's going to see whether he would want to invest or-"

"Wait, what?" Taeyeon furrowed her eyebrows. "You want to have your own brand but you've never told me?"

"I don't want you to think that I'm using you, Tae,"

"But you're not," Taeyeon held her girlfriend's hands. "So don't go tomorrow and we can talk about your dream,"

"No, I'm going to meet him," Jessica released her hands. "I already agreed to talk about it through dinner. One dinner and-"

"I get jealous easily, Sica. Don't try me," Taeyeon's gazed turned serious but Jessica ignored it. "He clearly likes you. It won't be purely business,"

"Kim Taeyeon," Jessica raised her voice.

"He's a player for god's sake, Jessica," Taeyeon clenched her jaw. "Don't go,"

"You don't trust me?" Jessica raised one eyebrow.

"I don't trust hi-"

"You were once a player too. Why should I trust you?" 

"What?" Taeyeon whispered. She stepped back and clench her jaw. Anyone could tell that Kim Taeyeon was hurt. "You trust a stranger more than your own girlfriend?"

"T-Taeyeon-ah, I- I didn't mean it," Jessica reached out to caress girlfriend's cheek but Taeyeon slapped it away.

"Just meet him tomorrow. I don't care anymore," Taeyeon said before she went out. Jessica chased after the girl but when she reached the basement, Taeyeon's car just left. She saw with her own eyes, the white Benz speeding out. That moment she cried again, she thought she would end all her tears in the afternoon but she was wrong. Little did she know, her girlfriend cried too for the first time ever since her mother passed away.

 

Taeyeon just lied down on her bed and did nothing the next day. Sunny came to visit her to drop some files but looking at her friend's condition. She knew something was wrong.

"Taeyeon, are you ok?" She tapped Taeyeon's shoulder a few times. "Taeyeon! What happened to you?" Sunny became so worried after seeing Taeyeon's tear-strained face. "Did something happen?"

"Jessica happened," Taeyeon gave her friend a small smile.

"Is it still because she didn't meet your dad?"

"Not that one," Taeyeon sat up and ran her fingers through her hair. "I know it was kind of my mistake too for rushing. This one is just," Taeyeon stopped and sighed. "She's meeting Kim Jaejoong,"

"Global Jax?"

"Yeah.. I told her to not go but she insisted. So I told her that he's a player. She said why should she trust me, I was a player too,"

"Oh my.. Taeyeon," Sunny hugged her boss. "What will you do now?"

"I've thought about it, Sunny. You may say I'm foolish but I'll apologise. We just made up yesterday afternoon then we had a fight at night. I need to try harder. I'll make her trust me, fully trust me. I told her it would take a lot to drive me away from her. I'll prove it," Taeyeon smiled before she went to the toilet to wash her face. "Help me make reservation at Lavenham today? At 7," Taeyeon said as she walked out the room. "Thanks,"

"You're too kind, Taeyeon. Always too kind towards the people you love," Sunny mumbled. "But until when can you hold all your pain?"


 

A/N Don't kill me because Jess is a fool to go out with some other guy and doesn't realise how lucky she is to have Taeyeon. Well but she can always say she's sick and end up not going right? We'll see..

Thanks for all subscribers and comments and votessss!!! :)

Ps: I'll update again tomorrow or the day after tomorrow unless something urgent come out