The Dongsaeng

The Idol & I

Few days had passed since the last text Jessica received from Taeyeon. True to her words, Taeyeon really did not send any text or call her at all. Jessica's mind had been occupied by 2 things: Girls' Generation comeback and Taeyeon. Practice would always took a toll on her body and as a result she did not even want to meet her fan because she knew she would not be able to present her best form.

The sound of the doorbell stopped her from taking out a bottle of orange juice. She opened the door only to meet Mr. Park, a security guard, who gave her a plastic bag filled with what she assumed to be food.

"Miss Jung, just now a fan came and asked me to give this to you. She didn't say anything else and just left,"

"Ahh.. Is that so? Thank you, ahjussi," Jessica took the plastic bag and closed the door. When she put it on the table, she realised that this whole situation was a bit weird. Fans would have sent gifts to SM building and not personally like this. No fans had ever tried to send her food as it would end up in the trash bin. This was because in the past, idols had went to hospitals due to food poisoning; anti-fans were the ones who sent the food. Just when she was about to throw the food into the trash bin, a small green coloured post-it caught her attention.

Ginseng Chicken Soup & a bottle of Soju

-Taeyeon

Unknowingly, she smiled. She took the post-it and throw it inside the trash bin before she grabbed her phone to text the sender.

I've received the food. I thought you said 'until I text you'? Shouldn't you be waiting patiently for my text?

While waiting for the reply, she took out the Soju as well as the food and put it on her dining table. She opened the container and started to eat with her eyes shifting constantly to her phone. As soon as her phone screen lit up, she put down the spoon and read the text.

Well, you took quite some time to text me so I thought maybe I should give you a push.

Enjoy the soup and the Soju

She quickly typed the reply.

I do need the push

Thank you for the food, it tastes wonderful

 

Taeyeon wondered, when would she meet her idol again. She knew that her idol was most likely busy with her comeback. It has been a while since Girls' Generation performed, she thought. She wanted to message her Jessica but she did not want to be a nuisance for the idol so she held herself in. K Group had been somehow going so well without any issues or anything bad so it could be said that she had slacked these past few days. As much as she wanted to annoy Sunny, her best friend deserved some relaxing time with her potential girlfriend, Sooyoung. Yes, the owner of Lavenham who mooched off Taeyeon. The three of them had been close since their high school days and just because Sooyoung knew how wealthy Taeyeon was, she had never had any second thought about mooching off Taeyeon.

Thus, there Taeyeon was, swimming in her pool clad in her black bikini sighing all her boredom away. She stared at the beautiful night sky while thinking about Jessica.

"Noona!" a guy's voice who sound very familiar to Taeyeon made her stop floating around and turned her head towards the voice.

"Oh? You're here?" Taeyeon swam slowly towards the edge of the pool. "How do you know I'm here?" She exited the pool.

"Lucky guess?" The guy wrapped a towel around Taeyeon's body before he hugged her. "I miss you,"

"Me too, Baekhyun-ah" Taeyeon hugged the boy back.

 

Today would be the day Jessica had been waiting for; the members' half a day break. Yesterday, all of them, were drained. They needed to shoot some parts of the music video for their upcoming album and did photoshoot. After they were dismissed, she went to toilet to call Taeyeon. 

"Sica.. Finally you called me," Taeyeon's excitement can be heard by Jessica.

"Are you free?"

"Of course, if it's for you,"

"Tsk.. Sweet talker," she smiled. "Anyway, do you mind picking me up?"

"Only if you'd like to have a dinner with me,"

"Deal. Pick me up at SM building now,"

"Ok, now.. Now?"

"Now"

"Aigoo, ok princess. Wait for me,"  Taeyeon ended the call

"Princess?" Jessica whispered to nobody but herself. Taeyeon had made her curious but now, Taeyeon made her feel butterflies in her stomach. 

 

"Princess," Taeyeon said as she opened the door of her car. Inside SM building's basement somehow there were nobody else except for the two of them. Jessica walked slowly to her, tucked strands of hair that came out from her pony tail.

"Taeyeon, where are we eating?" Jessica stood beside the car's door, standing quite close to Taeyeon, not entering the car. "I don't think my clothes are suitable for restaurants,"

"Are you tired?"

"Yeah, actually. We're shooting our music videos and did photoshoots, we're quite sleep deprived to be honest," Jessica looked up to Taeyeon and found Taeyeon fixed her gaze unto her.

"Ahh.." Taeyeon bit her lips and diverted her gaze from Jessica. "Then, do you mind if I go to your apartment?" Taeyeon looked back to her. "I can cook a quick dinner for you and I'll go home. You need to rest,"

"You don't mind?"

"Only if you don't mind having me in your house,"

"Yeah.. Of course," Jessica entered Taeyeon's car. Taeyeon was the first person who was this considerate. She clearly remembered all her exes and all who courted her had always wanted to maximise their time, no matter how tired she was. Every single one of them preferred spending time together to making her confortable. Taeyeon was indeed different.

"You can sleep if you want, I already know your address. I'll wake you up later,"

"Ok, just tell the guards you're going to my unit, 501. Thanks, Tae.." Taeyeon smiled unbeknownst to her. Jessica finally called her not in her full name. We're getting closer, Taeyeon thought.

Taeyeon entered the basement of Jessica's apartment building and parked her car in a secluded spot. She watched her idol's chest moving up and down, her face looking like an angel and even in her tank tops and jogging pants, her idol looked gorgeous. Taeyeon then took off her cardigan and put it on Jessica. Taeyeon knew that she was supposed to wake Jessica up but she did not have the heart to do so, not when Jessica sleeping so soundly. So she closed her eyes to join Jessica to slumber.

 

Jessica opened her eyes slowly adjusting to the lights. She noticed she was in a basement in someone's car. She turned her head to the left and saw Taeyeon leaned to the car's window, sleeping. It's her first time that Taeyeon looked so serene; no teasing smile. She quietly took out her phone and made sure it was on silent mode before taking a picture of the sleeping Taeyeon. She quickly pretend to be asleep again as she noticed Taeyeon moved a bit. She heard Taeyeon unlocked her phone screen and cursed herself as she forgot to put it on silent mode. Taeyeon then fixed the cardigan's position that threatened to fall off from Jessica's shoulders. After what Jessica assumed to be five minutes, Taeyeon started to tap her shoulders gently and called her name very softly. If she had not been awoken before, she definitely would not wake up by Taeyeon's method.

"Sica.. wake up," the gentle tapping continued. "Sica.." Taeyeon sighed. Jessica slowly began to open her eyes, and she gazed at her fan who was looking into her eyes. "Ah.. Finally you wake up," there it went, Taeyeon's charming smile.

"What time is it?"

"7.33" 

"Let's go," Jessica opened the car's door and went straight to the elevator with Taeyeon trailing behind her. They spent their time in the elevator in complete silence. "Taeyeon-ah, make yourself at home. I really need to shower, I'm all.. sweaty,"

"I can do anything in your kitchen?"

"Yes, I trust you," Jessica smiled sweetly at her before retreating to her bedroom. After Jessica left, Taeyeon started by checking the fridge and the cupboards in the kitchen. In her mind, she kept on chanting 'a quick dinner' but actually, there were almost nothing in Jessica's kitchen so she could not be picky. She noticed a box of pasta almost hidden at a corner of the cupboard and 3 cans of beef broth, some not-so-fresh but not-yet-withered ingredients inside her fridge along with many different bottles of sauce and frozen sirloin steak inside her freezer.

"Beef Stroganoff it is," Taeyeon muttered. 30 minutes later, the dish was served in Jessica's dining table and Taeyeon directly went to wash all the cooking appliances she had used.

"It looks good," Jessica came out from her bedroom, hair already blow-dried wearing a white see-through T-shirt and shorts. "Taeyeon-ah, I'll wash it later," she sat on her dining table.

"Nah, it's ok. My hands are-" Taeyeon stopped as she saw what Jessica was wearing. "Hot, uhm," She cleared then she continued, "Soapy. You're not cold wearing that?" Taeyeon pointed at Jessica's clothes.

"What? Taeyeon, it's almost summer," Jessica stated. "Anyway, you're not eating this?"

"It's ok, Sica. You-"

"Come here and eat with me," Jessica stood up and turned off the tap. "I don't like eating alone," she dragged Taeyeon to sit with her.

"Ok, Prin-"

"Stop calling me that,"

"Ok, Sica," Taeyeon smiled charmingly at her again. Jessica wished that Taeyeon would stop smiling like that to her but she knew, if Taeyeon stopped, she would miss it greatly.

"Taeyeon-ah, are you a chef?" Jessica asked her fan as they started to eat the pasta.

"I'm not.." 

"Then, what's your job?"

"I'm a-" the sound of Taeyeon's phone cut her. "Sorry, I must take this call," she excused herself to take the call. "Hi, what's wrong?"

"Noona, I'm inside your house already. Where are you? Do you need me to pick you up? You promised that we'd have dinner together, noona,"

"Ahh.. I-I'm.. I'm going back now. I'll see you in half an hour?"

"Ok, drive safely," the caller ended the call and Taeyeon sighed.

"Sica, I'm sorry but I must go now," Taeyeon rubbed her nape. "I-"

"Your boyfriend called you?" Jessica watched Taeyeon taking her handbag but still stood beside the chair.

"He's my dongsaeng. He's usually busy and I promised him we would-"

"Just go, you don't need to explain anything," Jessica walked towards her door. "I'll -"

"Hey, Sica.." Taeyeon grabbed Jessica's hand which made her stopped. "I'm sorry, I-"

"Just leave," Jessica removed Taeyeon's hand and opened the door. "I'm tired," Jessica's words made Taeyeon stunned. Taeyeon knew she had made the wrong move once she took her handbag. However, Baekhyun was her precious dongsaeng, almost as precious as her Hayeon. She had known him way before she knew Jessica and most of the time, her logic would always win against her heart. As much as she's attracted to Jessica, her brain told her to keep her promise; spending time with Baekhyun. So she left Jessica's apartment and rushed home.

Closing her door, Jessica walked towards her dining table and slumped into the chair. The food was still warm and only half-eaten but Taeyeon had finished hers. Scoffing, she threw the food in the trash bin and put the plates in the kitchen sink, not bothered to wash it. Everything was going great until Taeyeon picked up the call. Whoever that dongsaeng was, Jessica swore if she ever saw him with her own eyes, she would definitely made his life hell.

"She said he's so busy then am I always free? I'm an idol for god sake, I'm busy too. My free time is limited yet I spent it with her but she-" Jessica stopped then she sighed. She let go of the pillow that she was squishing before trying to put it back to its original shape. In the past, she would only be disappointed if her boyfriend ditched her, which of course ended up by her dumping him, but Taeyeon made her upset. She knew, she would still like it if she met Taeyeon again. She knew, she would never end whatever relationship she was having with Taeyeon. She knew, Taeyeon's dongsaeng had evoked an emotion: jealousy


 

A/N hellooo... In this chapter, Baekhyun appeared. He'd create trouble for Taengsic's relationship in the future. Can you guess what his occupation is? Just try to guess, his occupation would be known much much later, I think

Anyway, I feel like it'd be boring if it's only about Taengsic getting closer and in real life, there will always be a third party who disrupt (or at least tried to disrupt) your relationship.. So, WALLAA.. there you go.. 

Thank you for all the subscribers and the comments and the voteess!!! :)