Kim Hayeon

The Idol & I

With what Jessica did, many speculated that Jessica lost a dear friend but majority assumed that she was biual. The news spread all over the nation and some other countries. Damage control could not be done. The idol herself was the one who created the problem. Her publicist went crazy handling the incident, her entertainment wanted her out. However, no matter how much hatred the idol received, she also received many praises for being brave and it boosted her popularity. Being an idol means she needs a lot of popularity right? And she earned it. Moreover, she gained more fans than anti-fans. In conclusion, she didn't lose but she won.

Despite majority accepted her as who she was, Jaejoong was not. He threatened her to expose all the pictures if she rejected his suggestion; admit that she lost a friend and Jaejoong was her boyfriend. She told her family and members about it only to receive a straight 'no'. She shouldn't agree to his suggestion. But then again, if she didn't agree to it, that would mean she would need to include Taeyeon in this mess. No, she didn't want to hurt her fan anymore. So she was stuck. There's no news about Taeyeon ever since 2 weeks ago when she sang the song. How is Taeyeon doing, she wondered. But who can give her the answer? Nobody.

 

In K Group CEO's office, Kim Taeyeon was busy reading the report. Sunny had reminded her to have her lunch but still, the girl did not want to move from her seat until a certain brunette flicked her forehead.

"Yah," Taeyeon growled but her eyes softened when she saw who the person was. "Why? I thought you have class today?" She checked her watch, 3.47 p.m.

"Sunny unnie called me. Why are you skipping lunch again?" The girl went to hug the older girl.

"Work," she whispered.

"Stop it unnie, you need to eat too. If daddy knows about this, he would-"

"Ok, Haeyeonnie. Ok. I'll eat now," Taeyeon released herself from the hug and went to the coffee table to open the package of food Sunny had bought for her. "It's my favorite! And chocolate chip-" she sighed. "Chocolate Chip Cream,"

"I bought the drink for you," her sister sat on the couch and took a sip of her own latte. "If you've moved on, this simple thing should not bother you at all, unnie,"

"I know," Taeyeon sighed again before she gave the drink a good stare and took a sip of it. "It's been one year I guess? Now I remember why it's my favorite Starbucks's drink," she smiled. "Thanks, Hayeonnie," she ruffled her sister's hair and she started eating. The older girl noticed that her sister was staring at her throughout the whole meal and she knew that her sister wanted to say something. "Just say it, don't need to hold it in," Taeyeon gave her a small smile.

"Did you watch the clip?" Still eyes staring on her.

"Which one?" Taeyeon pretended to be concentrating on her meal but she knew, her sister was going to ask about her ex favorite idol. How she hoped she could avoid the topic but she knew she couldn't.

"Jessica unnie," Hayeon whispered and Taeyeon gave her a sigh. "You know it's for you, right?"

"No," Taeyeon stared blankly at her. "How would I know that she doesn't have someone else after the break up? How would I know that she mean what she said? How do I know she's not just trying to boost her popularity? How would I know she's not trying to play with my-"

"Unnie, you're not like this," Hayeon frowned. "Why are yo-"

"People change," Taeyeon said coldly. She wiped with the tissue paper before she went back to her work table. "Go back home. I'll see you at night, Hayeonnie," she sighed before continuing with her work. Her sister did nothing but stormed out of the room. She was upset too. The Taeyeon she knew wasn't like this. What could change her back?

Taeyeon clenched her jaw and took deep breaths after her sister left. She felt bad for treating her sister like that, it wasn't her fault at all. She knew nowadays, her bond with her sister became weaker- no, the bond with her entire family. She just wanted to work because it stopped her from thinking about unnecessary things like her past; Jessica. She did watch the clip, she saw how the idol cried, how her eyes reflected pain. But then again, how can she be sure that this time, Jessica really mean what she said? The last time the idol accepted her to be her girlfriend, it was only for short moment. After all the love she got, there came the huge wave, the tsunami of pain and sleepless nights. Why would she sign up for something like that again? She's done with Jessica, she's done with her love life. She's done.

She just needed to find a way to forget about all that and move on so her relationship with her family members could be mend. She didn't want it to be too late. As much as she didn't want to meet the idol again, she needed to have a closure. She must have the closure.

 

Is it possible for me to see you? For the last time.

-Taeyeon

Jessica couldn't believe her eyes. She needed to show Krystal and some of her members first, to believe that it really was Taeyeon. She replied the text some minutes after she was sure. Now she knew that Taeyeon didn't actually change her number. It saddened her but it was ok, at least she could meet Taeyeon again. Even for the last time.

 

Jessica wasn't expecting Taeyeon to bring a company especially a girl, younger than the both of them. So she flew this far to New York just to get her heart broken. I deserve it, she thought. With a polite smile, she extended her hand and the girl accepted it.

"Jessica Jung,"

"Hayley Kim," the girl smirked. Jessica raised one eyebrow at the younger's attitude but both of their interaction went unnoticed by Taeyeon. Just before they entered the private spot, the girl put her arm around Taeyeon's waist and whispered something in her fan's ear before going away. Jessica clenched her jaw and glared at the girl but the girl replied her with her smirk again. She wanted to punch the girl but she knew she couldn't.

"Who was it?" Jessica asked Taeyeon as both of them sat down.

"It doesn't matter. We're not here to talk about her, right?" Taeyeon softly smiled. She felt like there's no need for her to introduce Jessica to her sister anymore. Yes, Hayley Kim was her dear little sister. "Just take a look at the menu, I know what I want to order," Taeyeon closed the menu book.

"How about her?" Jessica furrowed her eyebrows. "She told you what she wanted?"

"No?" Taeyeon mumbled. "I know her favorites," she fixed her gaze at the idol and smiled

"Oh," Jessica muttered and replied the smile with a very tiny one. She bit her lip, not because she didn't know what to order but because she was upset. The girl returned and casually sat close to Taeyeon.

"Hey, what took you so long? I ordered the usual," Taeyeon fixed her sister's hair a bit and Jessica had to look away. She couldn't stand the interaction between the two. Is Taeyeon trying to make her jealous or something? She wouldn't know but she knew this girl was special to Taeyeon. The way the older girl looked at her was the same like how she gazed at her in the past; full of love.

"You know me when I'm in the toilet. I took my own sweet time," Hayley smiled at Taeyeon and she ruffled the younger's hair.

"Ok, ok," her fan smiled again. The dinner was awkward, at least for Jessica. Taeyeon was really attentive at Hayley and it killed her. Just after all of them finished their dinner, Jessica felt it was the right moment to ask something.

"Sorry, Hayley," Jessica said softly and it took both of the sister's attention. "But do you mind leaving me and Taeyeon for a while?"

"Only if Taeyeonnie doesn't mind," Hayley gazed at Taeyeon's widened eyes. The older girl was puzzled as to why her sister called ber by the name but she just shrugged it off. Her sister loved to call her like that every once in a while, usually when she wanted something. But this time, Taeyeon had no idea what her sister wanted. "Do you want me to leave?"

"Wait for me in the car?" Taeyeon gave her sister her car keys.

"Of course I'd wait. Who else is driving me home?" Hayley winked at her before walking away which made Taeyeon snort. What the hell is her sister doing, Taeyeon thought. She didn't realise the idol gripping the napkin with force.

After her sister closed the door, Taeyeon's gaze returned to the idol's. If only she wasn't trained to mask her expression, she was sure the idol could see the sadness in her eyes. However, thanks to the training, all the idol could see was confidence just like the first time they met. Both of them only gazed at each other, noting all the difference that had taken place since one year ago. Taeyeon was the first one to break the silence.

"So how are you?" The older girl gave her a small smile but it faltered after some time. All the idol did was to stare, stare at her past lover. Thinking the idol wouldn't say anything, Taeyeon continued, "I'm here for a closure. Until now, I have no idea why we broke up. Sometimes I still think of you." She fixed her gaze at the idol and noticed her eyes started to glisten. "Why are you crying?" She chuckled before giving her a tissue paper, her hand hung in mid-air. The younger girl accepted the tissue only to crumple it and toss it away. This shocked the older girl. "Why?"

"You used to wipe my tears away with your thumb," Jessica mumbled and Taeyeon raised an eyebrow.

"But it was-"

"I get it. You've moved on now, with Hayley and-"

"What?" Taeyeon chuckled. "Hayley is just-"

"Don't say she's just a friend because I know that she'll be your girl soon," Jessica glared at her. "Don't lie to me and-" she stopped as she noticed Taeyeon holding back her laugh. "Why are you laughing?"

"You should really let me finish what I wanted to say. Hayley is Haeyeonnie. Ring any-"

"How would I know who the hell is- wait, Hayeon? Ha-Hayeonnie as in your sister Hayeon?" This time it was the idol's eyes that widened.

"Hmm, Kim Hayeon," Taeyeon nodded before she took a sip of her drink. "You talked too much, Sica. As always," she smiled and Jessica only blinked her eyes, processing everything. She would never think that she would be jealous of Taeyeon's own sister. "I told her that I was going to meet you and she said she wanted to join. I'm actually a bit confused why she seemed so cold to you. I apologise on her behalf,"

"No, you don't need to apologise. I understand why she's like that. I hurt her precious sister so of course she wouldn't smother me with her love, right?" Jessica diverted her gaze to her lap again. This caused her to miss the pain reflected in Taeyeon's eyes for a split second. "Did you watch the clip?" She braved herself to look into the older girl's eyes.

"I did," Taeyeon whispered, clear and sharp. "Your voice were beautiful, as always," she smiled and silence engulfed both of them for a while. 

"About what I said before and after the song, even during the song, I really mean it. I-"

"Isn't it a bit too late?" Taeyeon scoffed. "I'm asking for a closure and you're here wanting us to what? To get back together? Are you out of your mind? You played me, Jessica. You ruined me. Tell me why should I be with you again? If that's too difficult, just tell me why did you break up with me?"

"I have my reasons, Tae. I-"

"You're always like that. You never want to share your burdens with me. I was your girlfriend, Jessica. I had my rights to know what was happening in your life so I could help you," Taeyeon sighed. "You are the most selfish person I've ever met. closure. I thought we could talk properly for the last time but I guess I'm always wrong when it comes to you. I'm leaving," Taeyeon stood up and stormed out of the room leaving Jessica alone, crying. 

 

The next day, Taeyeon didn't come for work. The reason was she couldn't sleep even for a minute the whole night. How could she sleep when she knew that she hurt Jessica? She shouldn't have said that. Her apology text was saved as draft. As much as she wanted to send the text, she was scared. What if it just worsen their relationship? It was horrible enough. She didn't have the heart to make it worse.

The situation for Jessica was similar. She thanked herself for being smart enough to book a plane ticket the next day instead of today. The reason was her puffy eyes. She could wear sunglasses everywhere she went to but then again, her flight was a midnight flight. Her fans would surely know something was wrong if the idol wore the sunglass. Taeyeon's words sank into her head. She was selfish, she wouldn't deny it. She didn't know how many times she dialed Taeyeon's number only to cancel it before it went through. She sighed and wondered, 'What does she need to do, so both of them can have a closure?' She suddenly shrieked due to the vibration from her phone. It read:

See me at room 2013 now, if you still want to be with Taeyeon unnie

- Kim Hayeon

Jessica blinked her eyes once, twice, thrice, multiple times. She couldn't believe it Taeyeon's sister just messaged her. Within 5 minutes, she's in front of 2013. During her trip to the hotel room she was thinking of many things including how could Haeyeon have her number and know which hotel she's staying at. She pressed the bell button beside the door.

"Hello, Jessica unnie," Hayeon dragged her inside her room before giving Jessica a shock; the younger girl gave her a tight hug. "I'm realy glad you're here,"

"Ha-Hayeon?" The idol muttered, still with Hayeon in her arms. "Why aren't you in school?" The question made the younger girl to release both of them from the hug.

"Taeyeon unnie is more important than a one day attendance," she mumbled. "Sit down, unnie," Hayeon plopped on the bed before patting the spot beside her. Jessica didn't know why but she felt slightly intimidated by the younger girl.

"How do you know my number? How do you know I stay here?"

"It doesn't matter. We're not here to talk about those unimportant stuffs," Hayeon casually answered which shocked Jessica. "Taeyeon unnie still loves you, you know," for the first time, the 18 years old girl made an eye contact with the idol.

"W-what?"

"That stupid unnie of mine, is still madly in love with you. Sometimes she dreams of you, I believe. Maybe it's her habit to call out your name in her sleep every once in a while," Hayeon chuckled. "It saddened me, unnie. I don't want to see my unnie drowning herself into her work just so that she doesn't need to think about you," she sighed. "The reason I was acting out like a yesterday was to see your reaction. Based on what I observed, I know you love- No, at least I know you like her too and it's enough. Taeyeon unnie is easy to love after all," she grinned. "Unnie, I'm going to ask this for the first and last time. Do you want to be with my unnie again and make her happy?" Her eyes focused on the idol's.

"Of course. But Hayeon, she-"

"Then you should start telling me your reasons for being such a to Taeyeon unnie," Jessica's eyes widened due to Hayeon's choice of words. "Just because I'm 18, it doesn't mean I don't have the brain to think about this kind of problem. Tell me everything unnie, I'll help you. Just be honest with me," Hayeon said. "This is your last chance before I'm going to do my best to make Taeyeon unnie forget about you. Remember, she's not hard to love,"

"I- But she's the one who doesn't-"

"Because you hid your reasons," Hayeon sighed before lying down on her bed. "I know Taeyeon unnie. She may be showing you her cold side just because she doesn't want to get hurt again. So, tell me your reasons,"

"It's quite a long-"

"Then you should make it quick," the younger girl sat up straight again. Jessica fiddled with her own fingers before she started telling the whole story; from her insecurity to Jaejoong's threat. If this was the only way to get Taeyeon back then she would do it. Getting back would mean their happiness. Taeyeon's still in love with her, right? She's in love with the older girl too.

"Unnie, I have a plan," Hayeon suddenly opened both of her eyes after shutting them for few minutes. She told the idol the whole plan and it left the idol with wide eyes. "Your choice. Are you willing to take the risk for my unnie? Just to let you know, the plan could go very wrong,"

"I'll do it. I'll do it, Hayeon-ah,"


 

A/N next chapter would be the end, I guess? It doesn't end somehow lol. Now you guys know what's the use of putting Hayeon in this story. Maybe Baekhyun will come back on the mext chapter.

Thanks for all the subscribers and the comments and the votes. Do comment, I love reading them :)

(and vote too)