Sica

The Idol & I

Taeyeon skipped happily to her car as she finally finished all her duties in Japan. However, as soon as she reached her hotel room and saw her phone on the bedside desk, she frowned. Her phone's notification light was not blinking in blue colour, which meant she had not receive any new text message. Sighing, she took her phone and opened the sent text and gave it a good stare.

Hi, it's Taeyeon, just want to let you know my number

Have a good day

This morning, on the minute she woke up, she knew she had forgotten to do something. It had always been like that for Taeyeon, to forget something and she would remember it a day after. She even called Sunny just to ask her whether she needed to do something important. Sunny only told her to refer to her own post-its which made her scowled. If she wrote it down, she would not bother to call her best friend.

When the clock hit 11 p.m., she text her idol again

Goodnight

 

Jessica reached her apartment with exhausted body and slumped into her couch. Today was a very tiring day for her and she blamed it on her vacation. Sighing, she took her phone to check all her social media accounts and a text message popped up. When she read the message, her eyes opened wide. She just realised she forgot to reply Taeyeon's text in the morning. She was slightly upset at her fan just because she thought her fan would send her a text on the same day she got the number. Her childish side took over and she wanted to ignore Taeyeon's text until noon but all her members and the practice kept her occupied. , she cursed herself. She quickly typed her reply

Hi, Taeyeon.. Sorry, I was busy with practice and I just reached home

Within 5 minutes, she received her reply;

It's fine, chill

If you're always free, isn't it a bit weird?

She smiled as she read the text. Somehow it felt like she could even see Taeyeon's teasing smile and the sound of her chukling.

Touchè

 

"Taeyeon! I miss you!" Sunny ran to hug her as soon as she saw her boss slash best friend. She then called her driver to bring all the luggages. "How was it? How is Hayeonnie?"

"Everything's good. Perfect, even," Taeyeon smiled as she remembered Jessica. "I bought you a handbag, later we check it. I'm not sure if you like it but it's your favorite brand," Taeyeon said as both of them entered the car.

"Hermès?" Sunny received a nod as a reply. "Woo! Thanks a lot, dark blue?"

"Of course. And you won't believe it, but I have Jessica's number now,"

"Jung?"

"Jung," Taeyeon grinned like a little kid when Sunny asked her a thousand why and how questions. In the end of the story, Sunny did not speak a single word. "Processing?"

"Processing.. So, she didn't reply you yet?"

"What? No, I didn't reply hers. Her final text was 'touchè'. If I reply, I must bring up another topic and I don't want to seem desperate or something. She needs to rest anyway, it was quite late," Taeyeon said as she gave her phone to Sunny.

"She was actually nice enough to give you her number and apologise after not replying, you know." Sunny returned the phone. "How about the coffee? When will you have the coffee?" Taeyeon shrugged and stared outside the window. "Taeyeon-ah, don't tell me you want to-"

"Yes. I'll make her curious. I'll make her think of me. I'll make her miss me," Taeyeon smiled cheekily at her best friend.

"You are evil, Kim Taeyeon,"

"I am smart, Lee Soonkyu," Taeyeon poked her best friend's shoulder continuously to annoy her.

 

10 minutes. Jessica had been staring for 10 minutes at her phone. She's someone who lied down to nap on the couch when her group had their breaks during practice but nope, she used all her sleeping time to think of someone; Taeyeon. She did not realise that all her group members were bewildered at what she was doing. She only did this when she had boy problems. However, none of them asked their leader. They knew, when she's ready, she would tell them everything. Jessica just could not understand Taeyeon. Taeyeon clearly told her that she was her fan but Jessica had never had such fan. Those who did not seem excited to be able to have the opportunity to talk to her. She's the one who gave her the precious phone number but why her fan did not seem.. Happy?

Is she one of those kind of people who likes several people at once? Or maybe, those kind who play around with-

"What am I doing?" Jessica mumbled. None of her exes or any guy had made her this.. Curious. She even thought to the point that maybe, maybe, Taeyeon liked her better on screen. 

"Sica, time to practice," Tiffany called her as their 15 minutes break had passed. After taking a deep breath and tossing her phone on the couch, she went back for practice. 

A thousand. It felt like she made a thousand mistakes. The steps were wrong, her positions were wrong, she stumbled because of her own foot, everything was a mess. All because of a certain fan. She wanted to text Taeyeon first but her pride would never allow it. She's used to being chased, not the other way around. So she decided not to text and just wait for Taeyeon's.

 

"Sunny, what happened to Ecruz?" Taeyeon asked her as she flipped through the report 

"Fund,"

"Fund?" Taeyeon looked up from tbe file. "The company gained a lot last year, right?" She furrowed her eyebrows. "Umm.. just pass me the list of prices, I'll talk to dad,"

"I'll e-mail you the report for the prices by today,"

"Oh! My coffee, give it to me" Taeyeon whined

"Alright, kiddo," Sunny exited Taeyeon's study room and walked towards the kitchen

"Make one for yourself," Taeyeon hollered. This was the reason why she was grateful to have Sunny as her personal assistant. She knew her best and Taeyeon did not need to be so professional with her. Sunny came back after a few minutes with her black coffee and a cup of tea. As soon as she sipped her coffee, she remembered someone. "Jessica," she mumbled. "Sunny, is there any new coffee shop around?"

"Uhh.. Starbucks?" Sunny sipped her tea as she looked at Taeyeon puzzled.

"As much as I love that shop, I can't bring Jessica there. Too crowded and too simple,"

"Now you're thinking about her, finally, after 2 days?"

"What? No, she's always been in my mind. it's just that I don't want to seem desperate, like what I've always told you,"

"Tch.. Taeyeon, she's an idol. She's used to having desperate fans flocking around her,"

"That's why," Taeyeon chuckled. "I just want to show her that not every fans are like that.." She closed the file. "So, no new coffee shop.. How about restaurants?"

"We just opened a new branch for K Restaurant a few blocks from here,"

"Uhh.. no. I don't want to bring her to any of our properties. When she knows that I'm the owner, I think it'd be weird," Taeyeon sighed as she's spinning her pen. "Should I just bring her to Lavenham?"

"Lavenham is a nice place. Text your Jung now, I'll tell Sooyoung after that,"

"Thanks, Sun. Oh, go home," Taeyeon shooed Sunny away. "I'll text you when she replies." After Sunny left, she unlocked her phone and stared at her last message. She was aware that what she did could be the end of their conversation but somehow, she gained this confidence that her idol was at least a bit interested in her, given that her idol gave her, her phone number. "Ugh, what should I say?" Taeyeon mumbled.

 

Hi! Do you remember that I'd treat you for a coffee? I can't find any good coffee shop but do you mind having dinner with  me?

What the hell, Jessica thought as she read Taeyeon's message. Her fan left her just like that 2 days ago and now, she text her so casually. "Does she think I'm so free?" Jessica muttered. Scoffing, she tossed her phone on the bed and ignored the text. "I'll reply you when I feel like replying," Jessica whispered.

 

Taeyeon sighed for what she assumed to be a hundredth time. She stopped after Sunny told her to stop. Jessica ignored her text yesterday and now, she was miserable. She wanted to text Jessica again but no, she did not want her idol to think she was impatient or inconsiderate. Idols were supposed to be busy, anyway.

Night had come and still, no new message from her idol. Sighing and rolling on her bed, Taeyeon groaned. She suddenly sat up, feeling anxious. "Jessicaaa," she squealed. She knew that her idol might be doing this because of what she had done. She knew that her idol had never received such treatment from her fan. Jessica Jung was one of the most popular idol in Korea. Maybe her conversation with her idol on that day would be their last. Maybe her plan to make the idol curious and come back for more had failed. Not everything she had thoroughly planned would work anyway, she was aware of it.

 

Five days had passed and Taeyeon had gotten over the fact that Jessica would not reply her anymore. She had started not to think about the idol too much by drowning herself into her work. She even fell asleep on her work table sometimes and woke up with hurting back or numb body. This time, the vibration from her phone woke her up. After cursing her phone and looked at the time, she groaned and checked the text she received.

Hi, Taeyeon. I'm free today after 6 p.m. I'll meet you at the restaurant? Where is it?

"Holy ," Taeyeon muttered. She directly left a message for her best friend saying that she must be able to get a place at Lavenham. "Why isn't she replying? She's always on her phone," Taeyeon mumbled. However, after she realised the time, she sighed. 2.14 a.m.

Do you want me to pick you up? We're having our dinner at Lavenham

Taeyeon changed to her sleeping suit as she waited for Jessica's reply. How she really hoped Sunny could find them a place in Lavenham. She knew that Lavenham was always fully booked. Sometimes, the waiting list took 2 months. Lavenham Restaurant was that popular. What if she couldn't do it? Taeyeon thought. What if-

Lavenham? You can get a place there within very short notice? You can pick me up at Sheffield Salon at 6

 

Jessica raised one eyebrow as she read Taeyeon's text.

Ok, 6 it is. Can't wait to see you

Goodnight

She wondered who the hell was this Kim Taeyeon. Hermès and Lavenham Restaurant. "She must be filthy rich," she mumbled.

Practice felt very slow for Jessica and she could not wait for the clock to strike 5 so they could end their practice. The second their practice end, Jessica called her manager to drive her to the salon. She only replied her members' "Where are you going?" question with a simple wave and 1 word "Friend". Their members could only nod and stared at Jessica's figure walking away. They knew that this 'friend' Jessica said could be her potential boyfriend. Every guy Jessica had relationship with, had always began with the word 'friends'. If only they knew, that the 'friend' this time was a girl, maybe they would stop her to ask more questions. Jessica did not have many girl friends. In fact, the members knew all of Jessica's female friends.

Inside the salon's basement, she saw Taeyeon leaning on her white Mercedes-Benz SLK 350 playing with her phone. As her eyes met Taeyeon's, both of them smiled. Taeyeon was wearing black suit, looking striking for Jessica while she was wearing little black dress. "Hi, Taeyeon-ah"

"You look lovely," Taeyeon said as she walked to her and her hands reached out for her duffle bag. "I'll help you to put this bag. Get in," she opened the passenger's door for Jessica and closed it after Jessica went inside. Then she opened the car's trunk to put the duffle bag. "I'm really glad you make time for me," Taeyeon smiled at Jessica.

"You should be. I'm a busy woman," both of them chuckled. "How can you get a place at Lavenham in less than 1 day? Usually it takes more than 1 month. My sister and I had never eaten there. Every time we made a reservation, something would always come out,"

"Ahhh.. Then today must be your lucky day, Miss Jung," Taeyeon winked at her. Jessica noticed the way Taeyeon drove her car. None of her exes drive cooler than her, she swore. Taeyeon had one hand on the steering wheel, another just resting by the side of the window. Wait, most people drive like that. What am I doing? Jessica thought. Her train of thoughts stopped as she heard Taeyeon called her name. "Jessica?"

"Hmm?"

"Is something wrong? I called you a few times and you didn't respond," Taeyeon looked at her worriedly

"No, I was just zoning out," she chuckled. "But really, how can you get a place at Lavenham in less than a day?"

"My friend is the owner so yeah.. I only need to call her," Taeyeon said. Jessica did not need to know how Taeyeon got the place. Sooyoung, the owner, asked her to agree with her condition; paying for the restaurant's supply including the wage of all employees for two months. It worth a lot but for Taeyeon, it was nothing. As long as her idol was happy. "If you ever want to eat there with your sister or anyone else, just tell me. I'll call her,"

"Ok,"

 

The dinner went well and Jessica really enjoyed spending time with Taeyeon. She did not need to worry about paparazzi or any fans bothering them as Taeyeon managed to asked the owner for a private location. Taeyeon was funny and witty. She also did not mention anything about work which made Jessica really amazed. All her exes brought up about work a little bit on their first date for warm-up questions, but Taeyeon did not. Taeyeon talked about her sister, her funny experiences with her best friend, Sunny, and about her dream to travel all around the world with her soulmate. Jessica also learned that Taeyeon was slightly older than her.

Reaching her home, Jessica honestly felt a bit sad. She did not know when she would get another free time to spend time with Taeyeon or whether Taeyeon would text her. How she hoped she was just a normal person, then maybe-

If I was a normal person, I would not even know Taeyeon, Jessica thought.

After saying 'goodbye', 'thank you' and braved herself for saying 'text me when you reached home', Jessica went inside her apartment lobby and walked to her unit. 

 

As soon as Taeyeon reached her home, she searched for her phone inside her handbag before tossing the bag on her couch.

I've reached home

Sleep tight, Jessica

Goodnight

After she text Jessica, she went straight to the shower. She was still feeling giddy after having dinner with her idol and she was more than happy to be able to make her laugh so much. She could tell that Jessica enjoyed their dinner by the sound of her laughter. It was genuine.

I cannot sleep 

She read Jessica's reply. As soon as she read it, she replied back

When my sister cannot sleep, I'd sing lullabies for her. Maybe you should try calling your sister and ask her to sing for you?

"I dont think Krystal would do it, though. Usually the older siblings would do it for the younger-"

Trust me, Soojung would never do such things for me. She'd say that it should be my job not hers. Do you sing well? Sing for me?

 

Jessica stared at her sent text. 9 minutes had passed since she sent the text and she had not received any replies. "What the, why is she not replying? Was it a bit too much? But I-"

Jessica's mumbling was cut by the sound of her phone ringing. After 7 seconds, yes she did count the seconds, she picked up tbe call.

"Taeyeon.."

"Hello, Sica,"

"Sica..?"

"Yup! I do believe that we're close enou-"

"After 1 dinner?"

"There will be more.. I know you're up for more,"

"W-what?"

"Miss Jung, we will meet again. I'll treat you lunch, dinner, supper, whatever you name it. You can call me or text me whenever you want and I'll be there,"

"What if I never try to call or text you?"

"You will. I'll be waiting. Goodnight, Sica,"

As soon as Taeyeon ended the call, Jessica stared at her phone screen. She pouted as she thought Taeyeon would sing for her. Taeyeon-

I'll sing for you after our fifth meeting

Goodbye for now, Sica

Until you text me

After reading Taeyeon's text, she realised one thing; Taeyeon was different and it made her damn curious.


 

A/N it has been a while.. the chapter got deleted somehow and I ended up writing the whole thing again so it took quite some time.

Thank you very much for all the subscribers, comments and especially the upvotes.

Do comment, I love reading all of them :)

Ps: this is the longest chapter I've written as an apology for the late update

Thank you very much