Sorry

The Idol & I

Staring at her pool with one hand holding a bottle of Heineken was what Taeyeon had been doing for almost an hour. She did not count how many bottles she had drunk but she knew she was still sober. Her alcohol tolerance was very high after all those time she got wasted in her University days. The reason why Taeyeon was in this state was because of, of course, Jessica Jung. She knew the moment she took her bag, she had played her cards wrong. She should have stayed and just let Baekhyun wait. Being the observant one, she could tell Jessica was very disappointed in her and upset too. The glint in her idol's eyes after she ended the call told her everything. She wanted to go to Jessica's house and apologise but she knew, she could not even pass the gate. The security of Jessica's apartment complex was very tight. Before Baekhyun went home, she was not this depressed. The boy knew exactly what to say and what to do to make her comfortable. 

"Sica, is my 'sorry' not enough for you?" Taeyeon mumbled as she read her text. 

Sica, I'm really sorry just now

Is there any way to make it up to you?

"Is she asleep?" Taeyeon sighed. She then decided to ask Sunny to call the florist in the morning to send flowers to Jessica's apartment. She also did not forget to tell Sunny to add a card saying 'sorry' with her name below the word. 

 

Holding a bouquet of red and white roses, Jessica entered her apartment feeling exhausted. Her group finally finished the music video and photoshoots for their upcoming album. She took the card that was with the bouquet, it read

I'm sorry

-Taeyeon

Scoffing, she wanted to throw the bouquet away but then again she was not that heartless. So she took a vase filled it with a bit of water then put the flowers inside. Sighing, she took her phone to call the sender.

"Taeyeon.."

"Hi, Sica.. You received the flowers?"

"I did,"

"Listen, I'm really-"

"Can you come to my house, right now?"

"Y-yeah, of course. I'll call you when I reach the gate,"

"Ok," Jessica ended the call with a sigh. 20 minutes later, her phone rang again indicating Taeyeon had reached her gate. After she phoned the security guard that Taeyeon was her guest, Taeyeon entered the apartment complex and rushed to her apartment unit. "Hi," Jessica smiled not reaching her eyes as she opened the door for Taeyeon.

"I'm sorry, really," Taeyeon fixed her gaze unto Jessica. "I know I should-"

"Come in first," Jessica motioned Taeyeon to come in and both of them sat on Jessica's couch side by side. "Now, talk,"

"I ah.. I-"

"Who is he?" Jessica turned her head towards Taeyeon and found her fan staring back at her.

"He's my dongsaeng,"

"Do you like me?"

"I do," Taeyeon took Jessica's hand, put it on her thigh then caressed it.

"Then what the hell are you doing?" Jessica's tone started to raise.

"I actually don't know, I was just trying not to break my promise,"

"You don't know?" Jessica hissed and pulled her hand back. "Then maybe you should try to figure it out," Jessica stood up. "Leave, you know the way out," then she entered her room, leaving Taeyeon alone. Taeyeon sighed when Jessica closed her bedroom's door. She was about to exit Jessica's apartment when she stopped on her tracks, eyes locked to a vase filled with roses. She then walked back towards Jessica's bedroom, knocked on her door 3 times and received no answer. 

"Sica, I know you can hear me," Taeyeon sighed. "When I told you I like you, I really do. About my dongsaeng he- I made a promise to spend time with him yesterday. I know I'm wrong. Heck, the moment I grabbed my bag I know I was wrong and the moment I said that he was busy, I know I messed up. You're much much busier than him," Taeyeon chuckled bitterly. "I uh.. I'm sorry that I left you just like that. I was trying to be honest but I didn't think that it'd hurt you so much. I- I understand if you don't want to talk to me again. Goodnight, Jessica," Taeyeon left Jessica's apartment and she spent some time in her car to think about everything. She just sat there, hands on the steering wheel and sighed. She did not know that her relationship with Baekhyun, who was like her own brother, would damage her relationship with Jessica.

"Ah.. I should've said that he's like my own brother. I'm an idiot," Taeyeon mumbled as she drove off. Feeling too depressed, she decided to go to her favorite coffee shop; Starbucks. She was queuing peacefully until someone poked her from the back. "Yes, how may I help you?" The said person who was wearing a black mask, black clothes, black cap, basically all-black, raised one eyebrow.

"You.. Are you Kim Taeyeon?"

"Yeah.. Is there something wrong?" Her question was answered by nothing. Not many people knew who she was so this girl actually made Taeyeon curious. "Do you want to have a talk?" The girl just fixed her gaze unto her. Assuming that silence means concent, Taeyeon bought her a Vanilla Latte and Chocolate Chip Cream for herself. "Here," she handed the Latte. "Let's have a sit-"

"We will talk in your car," the girl dragged Taeyeon outside and Taeyeon had no choice but to do what the girl wanted to do. When both of them entered the car, she opened her mask. "Krystal Jung," she extended her hand.

"Oh, hello. Kim Taeyeon," Taeyeon took Krystal's hand and gave her the charming smile. Taeyeon broke the few seconds of silence, "So, what did you want to talk about?"

"Jessica unnie," Taeyeon's eyes opened wide. It turned out that the sisters always talk about everything to each other thus there Krystal was, asking Taeyeon why she played around with her unnie.

"Listen, Krystal. I'm not playing with her, I like her. I really do. Leaving her was stupid, I-"

"Do you know what happens usually if someone who's courting her ditched her like that?" Krystal asked. "She will end their relationship, but you, Taeyeon unnie. She only ignored you and-"

"I already apologised to her. What else does she want from me? I told her my reason and acknowledged that it was my fault. Tell me, Krystal, what am I supposed to do?" Krystal could tell that Taeyeon was sincere with her words based on the look in her eyes. Taeyeon was as hurt as her sister.

"Jessica unnie will kill me but I have to let you know this," Krystal sighed. "Unnie.. had a close guy friend before her debut. They were very close and inseperable. She liked- loved him and the guy said he loved her too but few days after he confessed, the guy ditched her. He left unnie for another girl. He was a douche like what all unnie's friends told her but she didn't believe them. Unnie was torn and she promised herself to always break off the relationship if the person leaves her when they are spending time together. But I guess she really likes you, she didn't ask you to go, right?"

"Actually, she asked me to leave but she didn't tell me to vanish from her life, I guess?" Taeyeon furrowed her eyebrows. "Thanks for telling me, Krystal. I'll apologise again after she cools down, maybe next week. I'll ask her whether she still wants me in her life or not," Taeyeon smiled. Now Krystal knew why her unnie liked Taeyeon. Taeyeon was indeed different, she knew all her unnie's exes would never be this patient and considerate. She just hoped that her judgement for Taeyeon was correct.

 

Jessica did not know how many times her group members had scolded her for her stoic expression during their practice. Their song this time did not need their overly-cheerful expression but they still need to be seductive a bit. Yet, Jessica failed to so so. She knew it was all because of Taeyeon. One week ago, after Taeyeon left her apartment, somehow she felt empty. Taeyeon sound so remorseful but her past held her back.

As Jessica's foot stepped out of the elevator, she noticed a girl was sitting in front of her door with legs straight on the floor, hands holding a bouquet of flowers, head bobbing up and down a bit, sleeping. It was the girl she had been thinking about, Taeyeon. Jessica approached her slowly but just as she was 10 foot away from the girl, the girl woke up which made Jessica stopped in her tracks. Taeyeon stared at the white Converse for few seconds before diverting her gaze to the owner and stood up.

"Jessica, I-"

"How can you get here?"

"I- ah.. I left everything with the guard. My car keys, my phone, my wallet. My whole bag," Taeyeon chuckled and rubbed her nape. "He saw me a few times when I dropped by so yeah.. Oh, I just want to give you these," she handed Jessica the roses. "I'll say this one more time. I'm really sorry for leaving you," hearing no response, she continued, "I- I guess this is it?" eyes fixed on Jessica. "Based on how you ignored me this one week, I believe you don't want to get involved with me any longer. So, I'm going now. I won't bother you anymore, I'll delete your number so you can be sure that I mean it. Goodbye, Jessica. Thanks for giving me the chance to know you," Taeyeon managed to give her a small smile.

Just as the elevator's door about to close, Jessica called her fan which earned a look full of shock from Taeyeon. The fan walked back to where Jessica was with eyes full of anticipation. "I'm the one who gave you the number so isn't it a bit rude to delete it?" Taeyeon did not say anything and let Jessica continued, "You.." Jessica poked Taeyeon's shoulder. "Who do you think you are? You can't just appear in my life, making me damn curious about you then walked away."

"Bu-" Jessica's index finger on Taeyeon's lips effectively shut her.

"I know you apologised, I know. Taeyeon, I'm just.. scared. L-let's go inside first," after they went inside Jessica's apartment, she continued, "Someone left me just like you in the past. I'm just scared you'd leave me forever. He didn't bother to apologise or-"

"But I did," Taeyeon fixed her gaze at Jessica's teary eyes. "I did and I don't mind if you want me to do it a hudred times more," Taeyeon held Jessica's hand gently and kissed it. "I promise you, I'd never leave you like he did or like anyone did. I promise you, I'll always be there for you. I'd probably leave for few hours if there's something urgent," she chuckled. "But trust me, I'd never get out of your life unless you want me to," Taeyeon smiled softly and it made Jessica smiled a bit too. "I just want you to be happy. I'll make you happy. And as much as you don't want me to talk about my dongsaeng, I need to let you know that he's like a brother to me. We know each other since we're toddlers, Sica," Taeyeon tucked in a strand of Jessica's hair. "And if that doesn't convince you enough, Hayeon likes him so there's no way I'd like him too, right?" Taeyeon chuckled.

"Hayeon?"

"My sister, my precious sister," Taeyeon smiled. Both of them were standing still, gazing into each other's eyes before Jessica went to hug Taeyeon. The idol cried in Taeyeon's embrace, feeling all sort of emotions that overwhelmed her. "Aigoo, why are you crying?" Taeyeon patted the idol's back.

"I-I'm sorry," Jessica sobbed.

"Why? It was my fault, Sica. Why are you blaming yourself?"

"I got angry at you last week when you were being honest. You just didn't want to break your promise. I should've listened," Jessica released herself from the hug and stared at her feet.

"Hey, it's ok," Taeyeon lifted up Jessica's chin so she can looked into her eyes. "Calm down, Sica. It takes much more than that to drive me away from you. Calm down," Taeyeon chuckled and she kissed Jessica's forehead.

"Taeyeon-ah, you can say that I'm moving too fast but I think, I like you. Not as friends, but more than that. I like you," Jessica gazed into Taeyeon's eyes and she swore, Taeyon was the first person after her first love that made her feel so alive again.


 

A/N so I get rid of Baekhyun pretty fast, lol.. He will appear again of course. He was a tool to make them closer but I guess, a lot of you were upset because of it.. hehe, sorry

Goodbye, until I update again!

Ps: thanks for all the subscribers, the comments and the VOTES!!! thank you :)