The Bro Code

Pieces

  It was Jooheon’s and Gun’s dream to debut together and rap on the same stage. They were so close, they knew each other for years. They were so happy when they thought they will be together as Nuboyz, but it didn’t break them when they didn’t debut and were put in No Mercy. No matter how arrogant this sounds, they knew that they were the best rappers among trainees and debut already was in their pocket. But then suddenly this Changkyun showed up. And damn this boy was good. Not as good as Jooheon, but better than Gun, so they got nervous and hate for him became much more, because now they really had a real opponent. No matter how many times Jooheon said that he will beat Changkyun, Gun’s confidence fade away day by day and always being criticized by judges, wasn’t helping at all and even Jooheon lost belief in his words. Yes, Gun was an amazing rapper and could write really meaningful lyrics, but in the other hand Changkyun had his own style, knew English on A+, was really good in freestyle and could write a really good rap, for a person who didn’t even know Korean years ago. So he was really strong and every company and group would be honored to have rapper like him, but no one could replace Gun for Jooheon, his best friend who was more like his brother to him, no matter was Changkyun better or not.

  Jooheon and Gun were sitting in their room scribing something in their notebooks, their teamwork was amazing, this two always managed to write a great songs together. Jooheon breaths out, he reached his limit, he doesn’t have any ideas anymore, his mind is blank. 

“Let’s take a break.” Jooheon says and takes a bottle from the floor and drinks the water. Gun sighs and puts away his notebook.

“This kid is really good…” Again the same talk, which already drives Jooheon on nerves.

“Stop being so insecure! You will beat him if you try to.” Jooheon says and drinks water again.

“Do you even believe in your words?” Gun asks and looks at his friend with the most serious face. Jooheon freezes for a second and clears .

“Of course, who would I lie?” Jooheon really can’t lie, so Gun just snorts at his lame try to make him feel better. “Really!” Jooheon shouts at him. 

“Okay, okay I trust you…” Gun says only to shrug him off, he knows that Changkyun is better, but it won’t be end if they will kick him out, right? “I always can try to be an underground rapper…” Gun says and sighs again. Being an underground rapper means it will be much harder to be successful, also it’s really hard for idol rappers to be accepted by other underground rappers, because they never take them seriously. Jooheon’s a bit annoyed by his friends words, if he wants to be an underground rapper, than why is he even trying to be an idol? He could go to Starship X immediately. What’s the point of being an idol if you then will be ashamed of it, because non of underground rappers will accept you, or it will take a really long time. Jooheon is really proud of being called idol rapper and he would never change it, no matter what other rappers think. But he doesn’t say anything, just nods in agreement. Suddenly door opens and Changkyun walks in, as always saying nothing, he just quickly walks upstairs to his bed and starts to search something. Both of rappers are looking at the shorter one, who almost puts upside down his bed. His hand finally grabs a notebook which he was searching for, he sighs in relief and walks down to walk out again. 

“Hey Changkyun-ah, don’t you want to write rap with us?” Gun asks, but not in really friendly and warm voice and Jooheon looks at his friend in disbelief, what’s on this brat’s mind? Changkyun looks at them, clearly uncomfortable.

“No thanks, I’ll be good on my own.” He says. What the hell is going on, he doesn’t understand. One second they say that they will never accept him in the team, but now they ask him to write rap with them? He easily catches sarcastic and bitter voice in older, he knows that it won’t end good if he’ll stay. He really prefers to do his own job by himself without bothering other trainees. Perhaps he isn’t used to work with other people, he always wrote raps alone and even if there wasn’t situation like this between other trainees and him, he still wouldn’t accept to write with them.

“Why? We are a team right? We are nice right? We easily can accept some su**er added in the end of the show, when we worked our assess off to survive and debut. Unlike you, I came to here on my own, without money or parent’s help!” And here it goes again… Changkyun’s so sick of hearing same thing every time and he doesn’t even know who the hell told them that he’s rich. He’s probably the poorest among them. He left his family when he was still in high school. And every coin he has is worked by himself and no one else. But he’s not going to say anything. He didn’t do anything wrong to explain something or ask them for forgiveness. Main thing is that he knows that he’s right and about other’s opinion he really doesn’t care. They can think whatever they want. So Changkyun just stays still, as always saying nothing, his head is dropped down and waits when he will splash everything he held about him. He’s not afraid of them, but when it’s 1 against 8, it’s really stupid to fight back. Gun groans loudly and rushes out from the room, slamming the door behind, but without forgetting to swear at the youngest. Jooheon stands up too, there is no reason to stay with Changkyun, or he really will kill this poor boy from beating. Suddenly he moves he’s arm a bit harsh to open the door and Changkyun instinctively moves his head. And it makes Jooheon more annoyed.

“What the actual heck are you doing?! Did I ever hit you?!! Or do you want people think that I’m bullying you?!! Maybe I will be kicked out because of it!” He shouts at him crazily, he has never been so angry and scary. Everyone takes him as bully because of his strong and scary visual, but you shouldn’t judge book by the cover. But right now he’s getting mad without even having a normal reason, only looking at Changkyun makes him angry in general. 

“It’s not like this…” Changkyun mumbles and it makes Jooheon more annoyed.  

“You’re such a fa****!” He shouts before walking out and again slamming the door. Changkyun sighs. He really hates the fact that he’s stuck with this immature boys, but his desire for debut is much stronger. He will get used to it if he needs to and will deal with it every day till his end of his life, because main thing is that he will debut. And debut is more important. 

This chapter is kind of short and nothing really happens, but I wanted to write one chapter about JooGun :') Also I finally added poster and felt really stupid because it was so easy to do  :D :D :D :D :D