Mixed Feelings

Pieces

  Gun walks into the hallway. Today is the last day of the show and everyone is on the edge, he walks through the studio room and hears familiar voice coming out there. It’s Changkyun. Gun stands there before Changkyun stops rapping and sighs. He’s better than me… He always will be insecure when it will come to Changkyun. Then someone puts arm around his shoulders and snaps him from his thoughts. Jooheon’s smiling at him.

“I understood something.” Gun says and looks at his friend, who frowns his eyebrows a bit. “I don’t want to be an idol, I rather be an underground rapper, because being an idol isn’t my work. It’s better if Changkyun will be in the group.” Jooheon without saying anything, slides his arm from him and looks at him with serious expression.

“Yeah, you’re right, those trainees should debut who really want to be an idols.” Jooheon says and walks away.

“Are you mad at me?” Gun walks with him, but Jooheon doesn’t speak for a moment.

“Of course I’m angry, it was our dream to debut together, but now you’re saying that you never wanted to be an idol, what the hell is wrong with you?” Jooheon glances at his friend and sees his guilty expression and sighs. “But it’s your life and choice anyways, but don’t take a chance to other trainees who really want to debut…” Jooheon walks faster and leaves his friend in the hallway, still angry at him. And he knows what mean things he can say when he’s angry, that’s why he decides to cool himself at first, because hurting his idiot friend is the last thing he want to do.

 

“Why is this f**ker Gun is ignoring my texts?” Guy from before growls and throws his phone somewhere in the room.

“Why would he? He probably doesn’t have a money, that’s why. But I have really interesting thing to show.” Other walks with a big and the most evil smile on his face. “Wonwoo look who I found. he takes a competition with Gun.” Mingyu shows a picture on his phone.

“Oh, puppy?”

 

  Guys are already in the backstage, everyone is nervous, but some of them try to hide it but fail at it. Wonho is on the edge of crying, Kihyun will kill anyone who will try to talk to him, Minhyuk can’t stay still, Hyungwon lies somewhere in the corner and overthinking himself, Shownu being more quiet than usual, Jooheon tries to act cool but those shaking legs talk by itself, Gun plastered fake nervous smile on his face, Seokwon became mute and Changkyun’s biting on his bottom lip almost to bleeding and as always looking down on the floor. When boys are called on the stage, everyone seems to forget how to walk suddenly, they force their legs to move. They hold their breaths and walk on the stage. One by one judges call their names, of course first to debut is Jooheon, most talented and loved by judges. Suddenly Changkyun loses all of his hopes and confidence, he won’t make it. No one wants him in the group, even judges hate him, it’s impossible for him to debut. I will fail to debut again. But he’s cut from his thoughts when he hears his name. He can’t help and stumble back and almost falls down, he’s not sure if he can walk at all. He hides his face with his hoodie and walks down. He has mixed feelings. He’s happy, really happy, so happy that he want to scream, he’s finally debuting! But also he’s scared and feels regretful, he knows that other trainees, now his bandmates won’t let him even breath anymore. Also for the first time he feels bad for other trainees, now he gets why others hate him, he feels sorry because they worked harder than him, but he won. He’s also sad, because his mom can’t see this. He doesn’t know what to feel anymore, he doesn’t even hear who are named after him. He only looks up a bit when hears a loud music, after everyone congratulates them. But then everything becomes blurry again.

  Gun and Seokwon are already at the dorm, collecting their things. Suddenly Gun’s phone vibrates, he looks down at new message.

 

From: Wonwoo

Think about a person you hate the most and he will disappear.

Gun groans irritated and throws his phone on the bed. What kind of stupid games is he playing again?

Meanwhile, boys decided to walk to home. Changkyun is busy in his thoughts and he didn’t even realize how he ended up walking ahead of his mates, but they don’t seem to care about him. Everything seems to be fine, yet. Boys didn’t talk to him after the win and Changkyun isn’t willing to talk to them too. But suddenly…

“Puppy!” Someone calls him and he knows who that ‘someone’ is. He can recognize this raspy from too much cigarettes voice from all of the people. He immediately freezes and eyes widen in horror and others stop walking too. Changkyun can’t even make himself look at his direction, but then he feels how he wraps arm around his shoulders. It’s Wonwoo… Then from the corner of his eyes, he sees Mingyu and Seokmin too.

“Long time no see puppy~ I missed you so much~” He sing songs and pulls him even closer, but not that gently.

“Who are you?” Kihyun asks him confused, with frowned eyebrows.

“Oh us? We are Changkyun’s friends from high school, nice to meet you.” And they bow like they’re the most polite kids in the world. Boys look at Changkyun than at this trio, then again at Changkyun and again at them. They don't know what to think, because Changkyun doesn’t seem to be as excited to see them as his ex-classmates.

“Can we please take Changkyunie for a while, I know you guys are idols, but can you please explain everything to your manager, we really missed our friend, isn’t it Changkyun?” He tightens grip on Changkyun’s shoulder. He looks up and looks through his eyes, but then smiles.

“Yeah that’s right.” And Wonwoo’s smile widens and Changkyun’s breath hitches, because he knows that he’s f**ked up. “Hyung can you please tell manager that I’ll be back really soon?” And smiles widely at Kihyun, boys feel like that something isn’t right, well because first of all Changkyun never smiles at them. But they really don’t care? Kihyun nods and boys quietly leave them alone, but Jooheon glances from the corner of his eyes and sees Changkyun’s not that happy expression, but then looks away. 

  It takes a half hour before they’re back at home, well dorm wasn’t that far away, but Minhyuk almost caused a scene on the street because he wanted to go to his favorite café and boys didn’t. And after all of his screams and whines, they accepted. When they walked into the dorm they saw Gun’s and Seokwon’s bags.

“Finally you guys are back, I thought we wouldn’t be able to say goodbye!” Gun walks to them and stands next to his friend Jooheon.

“Should I comfort you or you don’t care that you lost?” Jooheon is still a bit mad at his friend, but Gun wraps his arm around him and smiles.

“You still love me~” Jooheon gives him a dirty look.

“What?!” He looks at his friend disgusted.

“In a bro way!” Gun hits him on the chest playfully, before walking to others. Boys eat together happily, even if it’s the last time when they’re all together like this, they’re still happy. Soon manager is back too, he walks into the kitchen with a warm smile. But then he frowns a bit.

“Where’s Changkyun?” He asks and boys look at each other, already forgot about him.

“AAAH right he walked into his high school friends on the street and said that he will be back soon~” Minhyuk says and puts another bit of meat.

“You said high school friends?!” And it hits him. Boys nod confused. “What friends are talking about?! He was bullied in high school!” Everyone’s eyes widen in shock, manager quickly takes his phone to contact him, but of course he isn't answering. Think about a person you hate the most and he will disappear. Gun’s jumps from his chair when he finally understands the meaning of that message. Oh my god no… But no one notices it, because everyone is focused on manager who again tires to dial his number, but suddenly phone rings and shows up Changkyun’s number.

“CHANGKYUN WHERE THE-“But suddenly manager stops shouting and becomes quiet, only saying ‘yes’ and ‘I understood’. When he ends talking he takes his phone from his ear and stands without saying anything. But then he looks at boys and with a low voice says.

“Changkyun is at hospital, someone beat him up.” And Gun is the first one to run out from the dorm.“Everyone get you’re a** up and come with me, no one is staying at the dorm!” 

  Whole way on the car everyone is quiet. They can see how angry the manager is, he curses every time when other cars are crossing his road. But he really tries to stay calm and drive safely. When they finally arrive at the hospital manager in rage rushes to the reception, screaming Changkyun’s name and asking in which room he is. After nurses calm him down a bit they say the number of the room. When they’re in front of the door they hear Changkyun’s voice. After hering his voice, everyone is a bit hopeful, that he isn't injured too much. They open the door and see Changkyun and the nurse who is trying to hold him.

“I said I’m fine!” Changkyun yells once again, but nurse isn’t letting his arm go.

“Sit! We need to check if you have any serious injuries! Stop acting like a kid!” Changkyun groans and sits down and nurse starts to check his ribs at first.

“Changkyun…” Manager calls him quietly and Changkyun turns his face back. His bottom lip is burst and has one bruised black eye, after he realizes that they saw his face he looks away. Manager sighs and walks to him and what he sees it’s more horrifying than his beaten up face. Whole his body is covered in bruises, the largest one is on his tummy. And suddenly nurse’s hand touches there, making Changkyun jump from pain.

“Injures aren’t that dangerous, but you should rest for few days.”

“I can’t I have to work!” He shouts again, but manager puts his hand on his shoulder as gentle as he can, to not hurt him or touch on bruised place.

“It’s okay, he doesn’t need any compress or something?” Nurse looks up at manager and nods.

“Well if he will still feel the pain then yes. I need to check your legs and arms and then you can go.” She smiles at him and gently touches his leg. “Wait a moment…” Changkyun avoids her gaze. “This broken leg wasn’t treated, am I right?” She looks at him worried. Changkyun sighs and nods. Now everyone is looking at him weirdly. She stands up and now touches his arm. “Arm too…” Changkyun looks everywhere to avoid all of this gazes on him. “It wasn’t your first time beaten up that bad?” Changkyun’s becoming more and more irritated, he can go crazy in every second.

“They were treated, but wrongly. And it was my fault that I broke them…” He says quietly, not wanting to talk about it. “For more details ask Doctor Kim…” He says and stands up. “Can I go now?” She nods and Changkyun bottoms his shirt and stands up. Everyone is looking at him, he sighs and walks out from the room. In the car everyone is quiet and Changkyun whole the way is looking out from the window. Manager time by time looks at him, but he should focus on the road. 

“Changkyun about those broken leg and arm you must tell me about it, I don’t want it to became more serious injur-“But Changkyun quickly cuts him off.

“I jumped from the school building.” And this answer is enough to shut manager up and make atmosphere even heavier and quiet. In the dorm manager makes Changkyun lay in the bed and asks everyone to leave him alone. But Gun still manages to sneak inside after saying goodbye to others.

“Hey are you sleeping?” He quietly asks, doesn’t want to wake him up if he’s sleeping. But Changkyun rolls on his back and looks at him. “I’m sorry…I know that they did that and I’m sorry that I caused everything this…” Changkyun shakes his head.

“It’s okay…” And murmurs quietly.

“Thanks for forgiving…I should go now, I will see you around…” Gun says and ready to walks out, but Changkyun calls him and he turns around. Changkyun stares at him and flashbacking about happened.

Wonwoo hits Changkyun on the chest and makes him hit the wall.

“Ah I missed this feeling when I’m beating you up~” He says and laughs, grabs Changkyun by his collar and looks at him just like a maniac. “I see nothing really changed in your life, everyone still takes you as a s**t.” He smiles and makes Changkyun look at him. “My friend, Gun, asked to remove some f**got from his life and it ended up being you~” He hits him few times on the cheek and this manically laugh leaves his lips again.

Changkyun shakes his head and forces a smile.

“Nothing…” Gun nods unsure and walks out from the room. Changkyun then again lies on the bed heavily and tries to fall asleep, but soon after Gun and Seokwon leave the dorm, Kihyun walks inside his room and turns the lights up.

“Here I made some soup and ice compress for you…” He walks to him and puts tray on the floor.

“It’s okay, I’m not hungry…” Changkyun says quietly.

“Ya! You should eat more!” Kihyun shouts at him and makes Changkyun sigh and drop his head down. Kihyun breaths out, when he sees Changkyun like this and tries to not talk very harshly. “Look I know we aren’t in the best relationship right now, but you really have to eat…I will leave this here.” He says and leaves the room. Changkyun holds himself for few minutes, before he can’t handle this aromatic smell coming from the soup and puts trey on his knees and eats it in seconds. Then he takes the compress and puts it on his tummy, where it hurts the most and lies back on the bed, analyzing everything what happened today.

Update~ Update~ And it’s another big chapter~ If you liked this chapter please comment~ ♥♥♥