Progress

Pieces

  Night was peaceful, everyone was sleeping deeply, snores could hear from every side, but someone didn't seem to be able to fall asleep. Jooheon rolls on the other side again. He can't stay still and the bed may break from so much moving already. He groans, he hates this feeling, he hates being guilty or feel regretful. He looks up, searching for Changkyun, but his bed is again empty. Jooheon groans again and heavily puts his head on the pillow. Then he hears how door opens, he snuggles into a blanket and pretends to sleep. It's Changkyun. He lies in his bed with a deep sigh. Jooheon's heart starts to beat rapidly, there is no reason to get nervous, he got what he wanted. So why does he feel so guilty? He again rolls to other side and squeezes his eyes, hopes to fall asleep. But of course he can't. F**k! He jumps from his bed, puts some jacket and heads outside. Hopes that manager won't notice it. He runs as fast as he can, to end everything quickly. He walks to that place where Changkyun was before. But unlike Changkyun he knew that dog was tied. He flashes with his phone on the ground. He didn't know what he was searching for or where it was. "Come on...Where it is this thing?" He clenches his teeth. Then he sees this familiar huge dog again. It walks to him and Jooheom freezes.

"Good doggie..." But then it barks and makes Jooheon stumble and fall down. "Where the hell is this thing!!!" He shouts irritated. He searches for his phone which slipped from his hand. He takes it and suddenly something shimmers on the ground. Jooheon flashes on it confused and sees a little sliver necklace. He takes it carefully, it's doesn't really look very expensive, it's just a little sliver heart and small music notes painted on it. He puts it into his jacket, hopes that he found right thing and quickly hurries back to dorm, doesn’t forget to curse dog before running away when it barks again. He quickly, but quietly walks into the dorm and only then looks down on his clothes. "Aaaaah s**t" it's all covered in dirt. He breaths out and walks into the room, takes all of this clothes off and drops it on the floor. He slides into his bed to sleep even for one hour.

  Morning starts as usual, Kihyun wakes everyone up and they sit in the kitchen eating food. Atmosphere is heavy, boys feel awkward around Changkyun and can't help and stare at him time by time, but Changkyun seems to shrug those glances off. He continues eating his food like nothing. Jooheon stares at him, doesn't know what to say. He nervously eats his food with chopsticks. But then suddenly manager walks in.

"Changkyun..." Changkyun looks at him, without any emotions on his face. "Let's go." Jooheon's heart starts to beat faster, he wants to say that everything’s his fault, but he doesn't have any guts. Boys look at Changkyun quietly, they want to say something too. Changkyun nods and stands up and walks with manager. But Jooheon drops his chopsticks and jumps from his seat.

"Hyung stop..." Manager and everyone look at him. Jooheon hesitates for a moment but then takes a deep breath and speaks. "It's my fault. I made Changkyun go out every day because I requested something every time and didn't let sleep at nights, it's because of me he slept on the meeting... It's all because of me, so don't do this..." Jooheon looks into manager's eyes.

"Why did you do that?" Manager asks and turns to Jooheon.

"You know why. It's your fault too, we may act like as***les, but you was closing your eyes every time we did something s***ty to him. And I can't promise you that we'll stop. But you could do something. I cause everything this to kick him out, because company wasn't going to. But I understood that I was acting like a completely loser. That's why I decided to enlist him by defeating him on the competition and kick him out with my own self, but now fairly." Jooheon finishes the last sentence an walks out from the room.

"Jooheon!" Manager calls him, but he walks out the dorm. Then he sighs and looks at Changkyun, who's looking down on the floor.

"What he said…. Is true?" He asks him and Changkyun nods a bit. Then he suddenly rushes out from the room too and takes his jacket and walks out. “Hey Changkyun!” But he’s already outside. Manager runs his hand through his hair and groans. “Why can’t you guys let me live?!!!” He growls again.

  Meanwhile Changkyun’s running on the street, wondering where Jooheon could go. And finally sees a familiar silhouette. He grabs him by his shoulder harshly and makes him turn around.

“Why did you do that?!” He shouts at him.

“You should talk differently to a person who saved you’re a**! Jooheon shouts back, doesn’t care that they may disturb neighbors.

“And this is what am I asking. Why did you do that?!” Jooheon rolls his eyes and breaths out irritated.

“I hate you! I really hate you! You can’t even imagine how much I hate you! I hate every part of you and I wish I’ve never met you! But I don’t want to win like this. I rather kick your a** by myself and make you regret coming here and standing on my way, than playing those dirty games, as if I’m afraid of you! From now I will focus on winning and don’t think that I’ll be nice to you!” Changkyun whole this time was looking down on the ground, smiling bitterly.

“I don’t like you either.” He looks at him, but Jooheon can’t tell what he’s thinking right now, his face expression is completely blank.  

“You only heard that part- But Changkyun cuts him off.

“I don’t like any of you, I can even say that I hate all of you, but… No matter how many times you try to bring me down, I won’t let you, because you don’t mean anything for me and I’m not afraid of you even for a bit. But why can’t you guys just leave me alone? I’ve never asked you to make a deal with me or even contact with me, right? Just let me do my work, because me desire to debut is much stronger than fear of your words. I want, no I need to debut and nothing will stop me to archive my goal!” Jooheon’s breath hitches, he looks at younger with frowned eyebrows, totally taken aback by his word.

“What do you mean need? No one is forcing you to do this.”

“I promised someone and I never break my promises.” Changkyun says and walks away from him, leaving Jooheon stand there. He stares at Changkyun walking away, before he disappears from his vision. He sighs and puts his hands into the jacket, because it’s already freezing outside and feels a cold metal. He takes and looks at it. It’s a Changkyun’s necklace which he forgot to give. Dammit!

  Jooheon walks into completely silenced dorm. Did they went out? He looks around and sees no one. Then he looks at his room, where probably Changkyun is and doesn’t know walk in or not.

“Why should I feel nervous? I didn't do anything nothing wrong, I helped him…” Jooheon says confidently and walks to the door, but his hand stops on the handle. F**k. Something falls down in the kitchen with a loud thud and makes Jooheon jump from scared and automatically opens the door. Now there is no going back, he should walk in and he sighs before stepping inside. And sees Changkyun holding something and caressing on his wrist. Is he harming himself?! 

 “Hey what the hell?!” He rushes to him, doesn’t letting Changkyun process this situation and quickly grabs him his hand before he can slip away. “Are you cutting?!” He asks in very loud and worried tone.

“No, I’m painting lines with a pencil to stop myself from cutting.” Changkyun tries to pull his hand away, but Jooheon grips his hand.

“So, you was cutting before?” He asks quietly. Being a chicken hearted person like Jooheon, he can’t even think about blood and injuries.

“In the past, don’t worry. I haven’t cut for few years already.” Why would I worry about you? Changkyun says and finally takes his hand from Jooheon’s grip. Jooheon still looking at his wrist, clearly curious. “You want to see scars?” Changkyun asks quietly and Jooheon doesn’t know why he nod, but he does. And Changkyun pulls his sleeve up to show his white scars on his hand. Jooheon looks at them with both scared and confused eyes, making Changkyun chuckle awkwardly. “Haven’t you seen cuts before or what?” He asks nervously, suddenly ashamed of himself.

“Not a self-harm…” Jooheon mutters and Changkyun again pulls down his sleeve and sighs. Suddenly Jooheon pulls Changkyun by his hoodie, almost throwing off from his bed.

“Let’s go.” He pulls harder, but Changkyun protests.

“What? Where? I don’t want to!”

“I want to!” jooheon again pulls him and almost chokes him. “Even if I won’t play those stupid games anymore, we still have our deal! So get your a** up!”  Changkyun looks at him confused, still doesn’t coming down from the bed.

“Ah Changkyun get up already!” Jooheon groans and Changkyun finally walks downstairs and walks with him, still confused. 

 

“So why did you drag me here?” Changkyun asks and snuggles into his coat, because it’s really freezing outside.

“Because I wanted to! But I didn’t want to come alone, well I don’t want to come with you either, but it’s better than being alone.” He says and sits down on the ground. This place doesn’t seem to be very popular, no one is there, only them. But it’s pretty here, Han river is right in front of them and nothing else is around them. Changkyun just stands there like a little kid which was forced to go somewhere, well he was forced.

“Don’t stand like you’re waiting when you’ll go back!” Jooheon grumbles.

“But this is how I feel.” Changkyun says and gets an angry glance from Jooheon. But he still sits down, lets him win this time. “It feels nice here.” He says and breathes out.

“I came here every day when I was younger… You should feel honored because no one knows about this place except you.” Jooheon says and closes his eyes when a light wind blows on his face. Changkyun just nods and stares at the river in front of them. Too many things happened today, but right now he really feels relaxed.

“Here...” Jooheon’s voice snaps Changkyun out from his daydream, he opens his eyes and looks at Jooheon’s hand in front of him. It’s his necklace. He quickly grabs it and stares at it for a long time, still can’t believe that it’s his necklace, he thought he lost it.

“Where did you found it?” He asks in unusual for him loud tone. But doesn’t get any answer from Jooheon and takes it for “Doesn’t matter” He looks at his necklace and smiles widely and quickly puts it on his neck. Jooheon’s looking at him though this time, before asking him.

“Why is this necklace so important for you?” There is nothing amazing in this necklace, it’s pretty, but simple.

“My mom believed that it brought good luck for her and she always wore it on her stages…”

“So your mom was a singer?” Changkyun looks at him and nods.

“Yeah quit popular before…”

“That’s why you decided to be an idol?” And get another nod from Changkyun.

“But my father didn’t allow me to...” But he immediately stops what he was saying, because talk became too personal and Jooheon gets it from his face expression too, so he doesn’t ask more. Sun slowly starts to set down and Jooheon almost jumps from happiness.

“Oh finally! I came here because I wanted to see a sunset.” He says and grins from ear to ear, he got so excited from all of the sudden, just like a little kid. Sun slowly sets down and the blue sky changes into a light pink color and water reflects it. And it really looks pretty. Jooheon’s still smiling like an idiot and looking at the beautiful view, but then he suddenly looks at Changkyun. He may doesn’t smile as wide as Jooheon but it’s already unusually wide smile for him, maybe it’s for Jooheon it’s unusual to see him smile like this and the light which shines in Changkyun's eyes is really the light from heart, he's really amazed of the view too. Jooheon finds himself staring at him, before Changkyun finally feels a heavy gaze and looks back at him, but Jooheon quickly avoids his gaze. Changkyun decides to shrug this off and looks at the view with a smile.

  Kihyun’s doing laundry, but it was Changkyun’s turn today, so he helps him, because he doesn’t want to get nags from him afterwards. Kihyun takes Jooheon’s clothes and cringes.

“This kid… Where did he get this dirty?” Changkyun looks at the clothes and eyes widen up, it’s all covered in mud, just like his… Kihyun throws them inside the washing machine and walks out. Changkyun just smiles a bit, before walking out too. 

This chapter took some time, sorry. Hope it’s not too cringy or too sensual abskjasfpidoskdf Hope it’s normal to read and you’ll like it :’) And OMG thank you guys for so much views, I'm really thankful ♥♥