Me + You = Baby

Me + You = Baby

Chapter 14 

 

Changwook had barely gotten any sleep after Yuri came to his hotel room last night and told him about what happened at his parents rehearsal dinner. At first, he was happy to hear that his mom wasn't going to marry his poor excuses for a dad but after letting what Yuri said sink in, he was surprised that his mom really did called the wedding off and wasn't planning on marrying Changmin. Especially, since Changwook was the main reason why. When he last spoke to his mom, she was dead set on marrying his dad and seem that no matter how he wasn't going to blessed the union, she was going to do whatever she was going to do and now, his mom won't be getting married at all. All because of his resentment towards his dad. Changwook was really the reason for his mom's unhappy ending. 

 

'You are selfish. You are selfish because you won't let your mom be happy with the man she loves because you won't let go of the past and forgive your dad.'

 

Yuri's words from last night were probably right. 

 

Maybe he was selfish for having his mom choose between her happiness in marrying the man she has always loved to his own self-loathing for the demon. It had been thirteen years since Changmin had hurtled Inhee and if she could forgive him then why couldn't he? 

 

"Because he hurtled me as well." Changwook confirmed to himself. 

 

As much as he hated to admit it, he was hurt by Changmin the most. He had grown up for thirteen years not having a father around. Every missed birthday, every Father's day not being able to make a card for his dad liked his friends did and every father and son event in his school which were the worst in his childhood. Watching all his friends and classmates interact with their dad's and having them tell stories about how their dad's were so great and their dad was the best in the entire universe. It just made him sick with envy and sadness that he couldn't bragged and experience the same things his friends and other boys his age could. 

 

That was one of the reason why he hated his dad so much. It was the fact that he was never there in his life that bugged him. Then when Changmin finally decided to come into his life and tell him the truth on why he was absent from his life until then, it hit Changwook in the gut. The sadness turned to angered and later turned to hate on how his dad could do this to his mom. To him. 

 

Along with the things he missed out on having a dad in his life, with him also trying to eases his way into his life and start a relationship just angered him to the core. To Changwook, his dad had blew it. He shouldn't have done what he did to him. Changmin didn't want to be in his life then he wouldn't continued to be in his life now. Changwook and his mom paid for what his dad did and Changwook was giving it back to him tenfold but was it truly worth it now after all these years? 

 

Sure, he was still angry at his dad. Hell, he was more than angry but after so many years, was it right for him to hold so much bitterness liked this for so long? I mean, his mom was able to forgive him so why couldn't he? 

 

Yet, when Changwook thought about it, he and his mom were two different people and have two very different feelings and at the moment, his feelings were getting in the way of his mom's feelings for Changmin. His feelings were getting in the way of his mom being truly happy with someone she has always loved, even when he hurtled her and his feelings right now were telling him that what he was doing wasn't the right thing. Not at all. 

 

Changwook let out a deep sighed. It might not be easy for him but knowing what he had to do, he made his way out of his hotel room before placing a called to someone he needed to talked to. He had to make this right and he knew the person he needed to see to make it happened. 

 

If anyone who knew Changwook said that he was going to have this talked with, the last person he wanted to see, he would have laughed in their faces but now, it would seem the joke was on him and he's doing what others recommended him to do for years now. 

 

Stepping out of his car, he made his way to the front door of the large estate. Taking a deep breath, he rang the doorbell and waited for what seem liked an eternity before he heard footsteps making their way to the door. When it finally opened, Changwook was standing face-to-face with Changmin. 

 

"Changwook." Changmin said, then stepped aside, "Please come in." 

 

"Thanks." Changwook said, stepping inside the house. They made their way into the living room and each took a seat acrossed from each other on a large plush sofa. 

 

"I was surprised you called and wanted to talked, seeing how countless times you said you never wanted anything to do with me." 

 

"True. However, this talked is long overdue and it needs to be addressed." Changwook inhaled then began what he went over in his head a hundred times what he was going to say to this man on the way over here, "I hate you." He began, "I know you already know this but I feel as though I have to tell you again." 

 

Changmin nodded in understanding, "I know. Believe me, I can understand why you do." 

 

"No, I don't think you can understand." Changwook stated, calm and collected, "You weren't the one who had to quit their dream to raises a child. You weren't there to comfort my mom when she needed the support and strength to bring me into this world. The minute you found out she was pregnant, you left her to deal with the situation and then had the nerve to apologized thirteen years later. It truly makes me wondered why in the hell my mom would forgive such scummed liked you." 

 

"You know, sometimes I wondered the same thing." Changmin chuckled lightly, making Changwook lift a brow. 

 

"I know I hurtled your mom dearly and once I sought her out again, and decided to meet you, I knew that you wouldn't be thrilled to see me. I knew there would be some resentment and angered towards me. I just didn't expect for you to be angry and resentful this long." 

 

Changwook looked at him liked he was crazy, "You didn't think I would be angry and resentful this long? There are plenty of reasons why I still resent you." 

 

"Then tell me again, son?" 

 

"No, don't called me that. You don't have the right to called me your son." 

 

"You are my blood and carry my name, Changwook." 

 

"I may carry your blood and your name but that doesn't mean you have the right or give you a reason to called me your son. Just because my mom gave me your last name doesn't make me your son. You putting me on your will and trying to give me a position in your company won't and didn't compensate for what you did." 

 

"Do you not think I know that?" Changmin said, "I know it doesn't make up for what I did to you and your mom but when I finally met you, you wouldn't talked to me. I had to try and find ways to make it up to you and try to find ways to get to know you." 

 

"You shouldn't have tried in the first placed!" He snapped angrily, "You should have been there from the moment you found out that my mom was pregnant! Because of you and your selfishness, I never had the chance to buy a Father's day gift! I never got to experienced the things a dad is supposed to do with their sons! I never even got those fatherly talks most boys get when I was younger! Because of you, I didn't know what it was on how to be a man! My mom may have taught me some things but you were the one who should have taught me the others, not her!" 

 

That sure was a lot in one blow. 

 

Though who could blame him. Changwook had been waiting for years to let out all of these emotions he was feeling towards his dad and now, they were out. Surprisingly, he still didn't feel as good as he could be. There was still a lot of things Changwook needed to hear from his dad to explained his actions. 

 

"I agreed that I made the choice to not be in your life and take responsibility when I found out your mom was pregnant but believe me when I say that I never intended to hurt you or your mom. I loved her. I still do to this day but at the time, I wasn't ready to have a child." 

 

"Well, you should have thought of that before you got intimate with her." Changwook stated. 

 

As much as he didn't want to think of the idea of his parents being in that way, it had to be said. His dad should have thought of these things before he took that stepped in his relationship with her because eventually, you are going to get a surprised out of it in the end. 

 

"I should have but I didn't. I was only thinking about myself and not your mom or you for that matter but believe me, when I saw you and your mom again, when you were five, I knew I had to right the wrongs that I had done to the both of you." 

 

When Changwook was five? What the hell was this man talking about when he was five? Changmin didn't meet him until he was thirteen years old. So what was he going on about him being five? 

 

"What are you talking about when I was five?" Changwook asked, confused. 

 

"Do you remembered the first time you met me?" 

 

That was a dumb questioned. Of course, Changwook remembered. Hell, how could he forget the first time he met his dad? It was after he had come home from his classes at school when he walked in the door to see a strange demon sitting in his living room. Immediately, he was on alert and had demanded to know who the hell he was and why he was in his home. 

 

"Yeah, I remembered and from what I recalled, I wasn't nice back then either." Changwook replied, remembering the event as if it was yesterday. 

 

After his mom had walked into the room and introduced the demon in front of him as his dad, Changwook had felt so many emotions in that moment. Shocked and confusion on why Changmin was here and why it took so long for him to find them but the one that outweighed the rest, especially when he said the real reason why he was just finding them now was rage. He unloaded on his dad and even stalked out of the house and didn't come home until later that night. 

 

"Yes, I remembered as well. You were just as angry with me now as you were back then." Changmin stated, "Even though it was the first time you met me, it wasn't the first time I met you." 

 

"What?" 

 

"Technically, it was the first time I spoken to you but it wasn't the first time I saw you and decided to seek you out." "Ok, now I'm confused." Changwook said. He didn't get it. Was Changmin trying to say that he actually knew about him way before he reached the age of thirteen? 

 

"Fourteen years ago, I was in Tokyo for business. I had just finished a lunch meeting downtown when I spotted you and your mom walking down the street. At first, I was surprised since I haven't seen her in years and seeing her with you was an even extra surprised. However, when your mom went and stopped at a nearby shop, I saw a random man grabbed you and try to abduct you." 

 

Changwook vaguely remembered that day. From what he remembered, his mom was busy looking at some furniture at a shop when all of a sudden, he was grabbed by this demon. He wasn't as strong back then to fight the demon off and he was taken as far as a couple of miles before another demon out of nowhere came and killed the guy. It turned out the demon who tried to take him was collecting young children and selling them through trafficking. It was all over the media during the time. 

 

The very next day, a demon named Minki came and said that he was to be his bodyguard and looked after him until he turned eighteen. Though now that he thought of it, at the time, he didn't get a good looked at his rescuers face before he was rushed back to his mom but now that he thought of it, he did remembered seeing black hair and eyes that mirrored his own. 

 

"It was you, wasn't it?" Changwook asked him, "You were the one who killed that demon who tried to abduct me." "Yes." Changmin said, without hesitation, "And I was the reason why Minki was sent to you as well." 

 

He was the reason why Minki was there? He figured his mom had hired him after what had almost happened to him but it turns out, it was actually his dad who had sent Minki to him to looked after him until he turned eighteen. Though the big questioned was, if Changmin didn't want to be a part of Changwook's life prior to his almost abduction, why would he bothered sending someone to looked after him? 

 

"Why would you bothered? If you didn't want me in the first placed, why bothered trying to protect someone you didn't want to know or care about?" 

 

"Because when you were kidnapped a lot of things rushed through me. I was worried that your mom would never see you again. I was even worried that I may never be able to get to know my own son as well." He paused, "It wasn't until that moment that I realized that I had to protect and looked after your well-being. I knew I had to have someone else guard and take care of you until you were old enough to take care of yourself. That is why, I called Minki." 

 

"Well, I don't know how much you paid him but it was a waste of your money. That cowardly jerk couldn't protect anyone to saved his life." 

 

"That may be so but Minki was a dear friend of mine for many years and served as my advisor. Even though he was cowardly, he was a man of honor and was always there to helped me." Changmin said, "You may might believe me but I did...No, I do care for you Changwook. Even now, I still care for you. I might not have been there to see you take your first step, hear your first words, saw you off on your first day of school but I assured you, after the kidnapping attempt, I did whatever I could to watched over you and support you until I felt you were ready to see me." 

 

"That doesn't make any senses." Changwook said, "If you wanted to see me, you would have made the attempt to see me. Instead, waiting until I was thirteen to come into my life." 

 

"True, but I didn't want to just show up and when I explained the true reason why I was absent for so long, you would hate me later on in life. Obviously, it still turned out for the worse since you resent me now." 

 

As much as Changwook thought Changmin was full of himself, talking about how he wanted to wait until Changwook was thirteen to finally confront him. Deep down, Changwook could understand it. He didn't liked it but he could understand it. If his dad had tried to seek him out when he was younger and he learned the truth, Changwook would have resented his dad even more than he did now. He would feel liked he shouldn't have bothered and just stayed gone. However, even though he resented his dad now when he came into his life, he understood why. Even now, learning that he was in a way with him through Minki, he realized his dad had made the attempt to be in contact with him and helped take care and looked after his well-being. Not physically but spiritually. His dad was still trying and Changwook was just pushing him away based on his own antagonism towards the man in front of him. 

 

"You are right. I do resent you." Changwook started, "However, I do believe that you made attempts to try and make things worked between the two of us. I just let my angered get in the way of that and from what you said, even when I was younger, you were looking out for my well-being through Minki. I do owe it to you for trying. I even owe my mom as well for raising me and making me the man I'm today." 

 

And he did, he really did owe his mom for supporting him and taking care of him. Now, it was his time to support her. 

 

"After all she has done for me, I can't do this to her. If my mom wants to marry you then she should be able to no matter what my feelings are." 

 

"And what are your feelings?" Changmin asked. 

 

"My feelings are that I think it's time I let this angered and resentment towards you be buried. Anyone can hold a grudge but it does take a real person to forgive. I haven't forgotten what you did to us but I do forgive you and appreciate you attempting to make up for it and I believe it's time for the two of us to make this worked." 

 

After all his parents had done for him, he couldn't do this to them. He realized that now and knew that it wasn't fair. If Changmin and Inhee wanted to get married then they should. He shouldn't stand in the way of their happiness because of him and it was about time he let this grudge be resolved. For his own sake as well. 

 

"You mean it Changwook?" Changmin asked. 

 

"Yes, I really mean it dad." 

 

Changmin got up and made his way over to Changwook and pulled him into a hug. Changwook was shocked a bit but it went away as he put his arms around him and returned the hug. This felt right. This was how a father and son were supposed to be and Changwook did feel regretful for having wasted so many years of spending time with his dad because of his own hurt and angered. Now, he would make up for lost times. 

 

"You don't know how much this means to me." Changmin pulled back to looked at Changwook, "Thank you very much, my son." 

 

"Everyone was right. It was about time I let this go and bury the hatchet. I'm just sorry it took this long to do so. We missed a lot of time together but I planned to make up for it by spending more time with you." 

 

"If you want to start making up for lost time, you can start by doing me a favor." 

 

"Sure. What is it?" 

 

"How about you be my best man?" Changmin asked him. 

 

"Your best man?" 

 

"Yes. I'm going to need someone to stand beside me and what better person than my own son." 

 

Changwook turned to the clock on the fireplace, "Well, if I'm going to be your best man than shouldn't you let people know that the wedding is back on?" 

 

"You are right. I have to called everyone and tell them the wedding is going to be scheduled as planned." Changmin pulled out his cell phone in his pocket, "But first, I have to called your mom and let her know what has happened. In fact, I think you should called her to let her know that the wedding is back on yourself." 

 

"I will called her later but first, I need to talked to Yuri. Where is she?" Changwook said. 

 

He knew that if it wasn't for Yuri's words from last night, he wouldn't have realized how much he was hurting both of his parents. Also, since she told him she loved him, he needed to let her know how much he loved her as well. He loved her and wanted to be with her. He didn't want to have her choose between his dad and him. He would let his dad be a part of his life and Yuri's. Especially having her be a part of his life with their child as well, "Yuri? She's not here." 

 

"What? Where is she?" Changwook asked. 

 

"She called me last night and said she was staying at the Artemide hotel and that she will be back later this morning." 

 

Changwook had to get going and catch her before she left the hotel, "I have to go and catch her before she leaves. I have to talked to her." He said, making his way to the front door. 

 

"What about your mom?" Changmin asked. 

 

"The important thing is you called and get the wedding back on and while you get my mom, I'm going to get the woman I loved and bring her here." 

 

"Good luck then son." 

 

He nodded and headed out the door to retrieved Yuri. He just hope that he didn't messed up to bad and she would speak to him. 

 


 

A/N: I'm sorry about not being able to update yesterday and I'm sure most of you guys are anxiously waiting to see what will happened but the wait is gone so enjoyed the double update and one more thing, I will be starting on a new yunri fanfic since my sister has been bugging me about it since yesterday so stayed tuned for any updates on the upcoming story. 

 

- Butt3rflyl0v3r ♡