Me + You = Baby

Me + You = Baby

Chapter 12 

 

The room went deathly silent from Inhee's words. Everyone was shocked but none were as shocked as Changmin when hearing his beloved's words. 

 

"I'm sorry but my ears must finally be giving out on me from my long age." Changmin chuckled, "But did you just said you can't marry me?" 

 

"Dearest, I'm sorry but I can't." Inhee replied regretfully. 

 

"Why not? It can't be because of our son, can it?" He questioned. However, seeing the looked on her face, he already knew the answered, "I don't believe this." 

 

"I just can't have it where he hates you just for the fact we are getting married. Changwook means everything to me and..." 

 

"He's not a child anymore Inhee, but a grown man." He cut in, "I have done everything I can to have him forgive me for my actions years ago. I tried to have a relationship with him but if he can't let it go, fine, that shouldn't be the reason why we can't get marry." 

 

"Maybe if we just give him more time..." 

 

"I have already given you enough time!" He exclaimed, "I want to marry you years ago except every time I proposed the idea to you, you always told me no because you wanted to have the verity that Changwook forgave me and would blessed our union! I thought when you finally told me yes that you didn't care anymore what he had to think about it and deal with him later!" 

 

"I finally said yes because liked you and I didn't want to wait anymore to become yours in the eyes of god. I loved you for far too long to keep you waiting but after speaking to him weeks ago, he's not happy at the fact that we were dating, let alone we were getting married." 

 

"Then let him deal with it. I loved you and that should be all that matters. I will never asked for you to choose between him and me but if you are banking on waiting for our son to turned around and say it's alright for us to get marry then we will never get married." 

 

"I'm positive if we just wait a bit longer..." 

 

"Inhee." Changmin started, his rough deep voice cutting her off again, "I'm going to asked you one last time, right here, right now. Will you marry me, even if our son disagree with this and he will never approved? Tomorrow afternoon, will you finally be mine and be my wife?" 

 

Inhee gave him a pleading looked, trying to convinced him that what she was feeling was the right thing to do, "Changmin, dearest please?" 

 

"It's either yes or no Inhee." 

 

She looked down, not making any eye contact with him. From that moved alone, he realized, sadly, he received his answered, "Then I guess I have no other choice then." 

 

"Changmin please, if we just give Changwook more time, I'm sure he will come around." 

 

"As I have said before, at the way things are heading, he will never accept our marriage." Changmin said, defeated lacing his voice, "I have waited years for this moment where I can finally claimed you as mine but if you will not marry me because of Changwook then we might as well not be together at all." 

 

"Changmin." 

 

He ignored her plea and turned to face the many shocked faces of his guests, "I appreciate all of you for coming out tonight. However, due to recent events, Inhee and I will not be getting married tomorrow." 

 

Gasps and whispers were heard among the room at the recent news. It was shocking to say the least, especially since most of the guests presented knew how much these two really loved each other. For them to just called off the wedding liked this, obviously they weren't able to worked things out within their family and still had matters that needed to be settled. 

 

"Again, thank you all for coming and have a safe tripped home." Changmin then left Inhee's side and headed towards the exit of the room. 

 

"Changmin! Changmin please, please wait!" Inhee called out, but her calls fell on deaf ears as the loved of her life kept walking and this time for good and never coming back. It was liked time was repeating itself and from the stressed of it, Inhee left the room in the opposite direction, not bothering to stopped for anyone. 

 

At that moment, people were either making their way out of the area or staying behind, still shocked on what had just happened. Yuri was among the people who stayed behind. After watching what happened between Changmin and Inhee, she knew she couldn't just stand here liked some deer caught in headlights. She had to talked to them to give them support and see how they were holding up on what just occurred. Yuri was about to head off in the direction she saw Changmin go but stopped herself. Logic would say that she should talked to him first since she talked to him more and grew closer to him. However, for some reason, Yuri felt that she should really seek out Inhee more over the fact that she didn't know her well and this way, she could hear her side of the story. Plus, it seem that between the both of them, Inhee really needed someone to checked up on her then Changmin. 

 

With her mind made up, Yuri backtracked and left the exit she saw Inhee run out of. Luckily, she didn't have to search long for the woman since she didn't go too far. She was sitting on a bench near a water fountain surrounded by small rose bushes of white and red. When Yuri reached her, she saw that Inhee's bangs were covering her eyes but that didn't hide the fact that she was able to see the tears rolling down her face. 

 

"Inhee." Yuri called, to gained the older woman's attention. 

 

Hearing her name, Inhee looked up, giving Yuri the clearer view of her slightly red eyes from crying and tear-streak face, "Oh, Yuri dear, it's you." She said, gently wiping the wetness from her face with a handkerchief. 

 

"I just wanted to see how you were doing in lewd of what happened." Yuri said, taking a seat next to her on the bench. 

 

"I do appreciate your concerned dear, but besides losing the one man I have ever loved, will ever loved. I'm fine." "Inhee, why won't you marry Changmin? From what I got from the conversation, you loved him very much but the only reason you are holding back is because of Changwook. Why?" 

 

"When Changmin left me when he found out I was pregnant, Changwook was all that I had. We were really all each other had since I have no other living relatives but it didn't matter because I had my son and a piece of the man I loved as well. However, once Changmin came back into my life, once he realized the way he treated me, I forgave him. I didn't forgive him right away, it took some time but after we talked and got reacquainted with each other, we decided to start over." 

 

"I still don't see how Changwook can still be upset by this. You forgave him and Changmin said how regretful he was. Shouldn't that have matter?" Yuri said. She remembered how Changwook wasn't happy at all with her decision in coming to his parents wedding. From what Changmin told her, Changwook despised him for what he did to him and the mother of said son. 

 

"Even though I forgave Changmin, Changwook wasn't very supporting of my decision of letting him back in my life or our life for that matter. No matter what Changmin tried to do in ordered to make up with his son, Changwook wouldn't let him get closed to him as a result. He has been so angry at his father for so many years and deep down, I think just seeing how I forgave his father so easily after what he has done to us hurts him. Even when I told him about our engagement, he was very angry about my decision." 

 

"I can understand how angry Changwook can be." Yuri replied knowingly. She already knew firsthand how angry Changwook can be. Hell, she experienced it when he found out that her and Changmin had met and wanted to be in their child's life. 

 

"I understand how he can still be angry at his father but I figured that with time, Changwook would forgive him and except our relationship. At first yes, I was going to marry Changmin because I wanted to be married to him and was tired of waiting and deal with Changwook later but for some reason, with you being pregnant, I was scared that if I did marry Changmin, Changwook would hate me and most likely would never speak to me again. Even worses, prevent me from seeing my grandchild." She sobbed the last words out into her handkerchief. 

 

"Inhee, even if that happened, I would never prevent you or Changmin for that matter in seeing your grandchild." Yuri said, rubbing Inhee's back soothingly. 

 

"Thank you dear, but just knowing what could happened, I couldn't risked it. Even if in the end it resulted in the man I loved walking away from me again." She then smiled sadly, "It's funny since I couldn't wait to marry him after so many years. I thought tomorrow I would be Mrs. Ji Inhee but it seems my wished isn't going to come true. All because I want my son to finally stopped being mad at his father and knowing deep down that is never going to happened." 

 

Yuri just couldn't stomach this any longer, especially seeing another lone tear slid down Inhee's cheek, "Inhee." 

 

"I appreciate you dear, for making sure that I was alright." Inhee said, standing up and removing any wrinkles she might have had in her dressed, "But if you would please excuses me, I would liked to go to bed. I have a lot of things to do in the morning in canceling all the arrangements for the wedding tomorrow." She then left Yuri sitting there on the bench with her head held down and a broken heart in her wake. 

 

Yuri just couldn't believe this. After hearing Inhee's side of the story, it was plain to see that she loved Changmin and would loved nothing more than to be his wife but the only thing stopping her was Changwook. It was hard for Yuri to stomach at the idea that if Inhee married Changmin that Changwook would hate her and cut her out of his life but what hurt the most was her believing that if she did go through with the wedding, Changwook would forbid her to see her grandchild and not be a part of its life. That's what really cut through to her the most. Yuri tried to assured her that she would never allowed that to happened though just from her looking at Inhee, she did believe Changwook would let it happened and it would be best to just give up the one man she had loved forever just to appeases her son. 

 

Just thinking about the fact that Inhee wouldn't get the happy ending she deserves so much was starting to make Yuri angry and thinking about what Inhee said about Changwook not allowing her to be a part of their unborn child's life really got her thinking. Though Yuri didn't want to believe he would ever do such a thing, deep down, if it really came down to it, she knew that Changwook would be capable of doing such a thing which had Yuri seeing red now. 

 

She got up from her place on the bench and started making her way to the front of the mansion. She scanned the entrance until she was able to spot one of the workers who worked for Changmin. 

 

"Namhong, are you doing anything at the moment?" Yuri asked him. She met him earlier and he was one of Changmin's assistants. 

 

"No, is there anything you need Ms. Kwon?" He asked. 

 

"Yes, I would liked you to take me somewhere?" 

 

"Sure thing, Ms. Kwon. Where would you liked to go?" 

 

"To the grand hotel de la minerve."