Me + You = Baby

Me + You = Baby

Chapter 1 

 

'After all the accomplishments I have completed, I can finally focused on the one thing I want, a baby.

 

Just thinking of the word was doing things to Yuri's insides that she only experienced when she was excited after completing a very important task. It was one of the things she always wanted as a little girl and as she was sitting behind her desk, looking out the window, she was thinking how good she had it these last few years and for someone her age, she was proud to say she achieved some of her lifetime goals most people probably wouldn't finished until they were in their thirties if other things didn't get in the way. 

 

She was the youngest woman to start her own law firmed she named Kwon Law Inc., and recently, bought a new condo for a very good price. Not bad for someone who at sixteen graduated from Neunggok high school early and finished ChungAng University at nineteen but after that, decided not to stayed in Goyang and became a lawyer. Yuri had set her sights on Seoul and after her internship, she was offered a position at Lee & Ko, one of the best law firms in Seoul, she jumped right at the chance and after three years there, she left and started her own firmed. Now at twenty-six, she can focused on the final part of having her long awaited dream turned into reality and that was choosing a man to father her child, without going through the whole ordeal of marriage. 

 

Forever wasn't something she wanted, not in the littlest. While most little girls wanted to grow up and get married and smiled at the idea, she never wanted that for herself. Not even when she got into college. She didn't want to do a one-night fling to get pregnant because even if the guy she picked up was handsome and probably pleasant to be around, he would never agreed to do want she had in mind, especially since most guys within her age group weren't ready for the responsibilities of having a child. She didn't want to go to a bank either since all she would know about him would be a number. Plus, he could have some crazy things going on within his genes that could be passed onto her child and she wouldn't know about until it was possibly too late and a long-time romance wouldn't do either. She didn't need anyone else to loved since all she ever wanted was a baby without the need to settle down for it, just a short-term lover who could handle the job effectively and efficiently and added to the fact that since she was opened to joint custody of the child if that was something he agreed to do, she wouldn't mind but that would be it. A long-term affair of any type of romantic commitment was the last thing she wanted, 'Of course, it can't just be any guy. He has to be the right guy.' Yuri thought. 

 

Which was true because earlier on, while mapping out this planned, she realized it couldn't just be any guy that would give her want she needed, it had to be someone who had all the qualities she wanted to have passed on to her future baby. He had to be handsome, thoughtful, intelligent, healthy of course, and wealthy. Well, not filthy rich wealthy. Her mom didn't raise a gold digger but he had to have some wealth if he was going to agreed with joint custody, though with her success, she really didn't need it. Just knowing that he had the funds and that he was able to helped out his child was affirming enough and with all those qualities deep within her mind, she could think of only one man that fit the criteria. 

 

Ji Changwook. 

 

Immediately thinking about him had her insides doing crazy stunts and her veins running hot. Changwook was her most important client and truth be told, her only client after he hired her to be his personal lawyer. After that, all of her other clients were transferred to other lawyers within the firmed and from that moment, when she had to worked closes to him on a legal case for him, she's been feeling an attraction for him that no other guy has ever omitted from her. For five years, it had taken everything in her power to keep their relationship strictly professional. Whenever they had to meet to discussed business, he was always professional, she knew that he only saw her as one of his employees and nothing more but it still didn't make it easier with the attraction she felt for him. I mean, who wouldn't find him handsome with him being half-human and half-vampire and being named as one of Seoul's iest men in the business world. Plus, she knew from the different charities he was associated with that he was thoughtful and had a sensitive side, even though he doesn't always show it from what she's seen working for him but she knew deep down, he was really a good man and of course, from his successful business, she knew that he was intelligent as well. As far as health went, she had no doubts to believe that he wasn't in the best of health to father a child. 

 

Yuri then picked up the brochure on her desk, compliments from her best friend, Im Yoona. It was a week ago when she told Yoona that she wanted a baby but not a husband and the next day, was sent this brochure. Yoona had sent her the pamphlet after apparently hearing from one of her coworkers that were having trouble conceiving but after going to this procreation island, they were able to conceived and now had a beautiful set of twin girls. 

 

"Lush Essence Resort, a beautiful Caribbean island resort used for those having trouble conceiving or ready to conceived as they have the pleasure of experiencing exotic food, aphrodisiac drinks and other essentials when they picked out our various packages." Yuri read aloud. 

 

It was advertised as a dream come true and the resort encouraged its guests to uses their place for a week of everyday non-stopping, mind-blowing marathon just for the sole purposed of making a baby. It was perfect. Plus, the packet Yoona sent showed different pictures of the types of activities to take part in while at the resort and of course, some of them could be considered but they were doing a good job getting their point across and from the cold January weather they were having, the island seemed like a good place to be right now. She could spend her time resting, relaxing and of course, making a baby. Now, all she had to do was convinced Changwook, hopefully her future child's father to go along with her planned. 

 

"Ms. Kwon." Her secretary's voice sounded from the intercom on her desk, silencing her thoughts on the matter, "Yes Hyoyeon." Yuri said, pressing the intercom button. 

 

"Mr. Ji is here." 

 

'This is it. He will either say yes or no. Hopefully it's not the latter.' She thought, "Thank you Hyoyeon. Please him in." She then took in a deep breath and then let it out slowly. It was time for her planned to be put into action. Ji Changwook was sitting in the lobby, checking his Samsung Gear S3 frontier smart watch, he only had about five hours to meet with Yuri and then he had to meet his mom at the hotel she was staying in. His mom called earlier this morning and said she was flying into Seoul and wanted to see him since he was already here in the city. She didn't seem distressed and she didn't even say why she was coming to see him that couldn't wait until he was back in Tokyo. Though probably, it was to discussed how her fashion boutiques were doing since he owned a shared in all his mom's stores within certain regions of the world, mainly as a silent partner and usually, when he flew into the city, it was only to checked on his mom's stores and more so, have his meeting with Yuri if needed be and speaking about the woman, it did come as a surprised when she called him and asked that since he was stopping in for a few hours in Seoul, if he could come and meet her at her office. 

 

From the first day he met her, he couldn't believe this young woman was a successful lawyer already. He nearly thought someone was playing a joke on him once she was assigned to take on a major deal he had a few years back but after watching her in action, he knew that she was right for the job so he hired her to personally take care of all his legal matters when needed be and of course, being a great lawyer and helping him seal many deals, he knew that she was a very beautiful woman. Still, to this very day, he could remembered the immense craving he felt when he saw her looking so innocent for someone her age and those bright dark brown almond-shaped eyes she had whenever she looked at him and she looked so good in that black NY Collection Ponte A-line skirt that day that showed off a pair of long gorgeous legs that he wished were wrapped around his torso as he did things to her body that she had be calling him back for seconds. Yet, with these feelings, he knew from that day on, the less he saw of Kwon Yuri, the better. Sure, she was a y woman worth bedding; hell, any guy would be crazy not wanting to have a wild fest with her but he knew better than to mixed business with pleasure and after what he went through with his ex-employee, he vowed to never do that again. Nevertheless, the thought was always too tempting to ignored but luckily, he's been able to fight the urged to not take things further. 

 

Changwook was used to beautiful woman. Hell, he sees them most of the time around different night clubs and fancy bars whenever he visited Seoul but there was something about Yuri that made his blood rushing to his head that usually ended up resulting him in a long cold shower every time he was in the same room as her. Even after the years they spent together, it never lessened, he just wanted her more and more. 

 

"Mr. Ji, Ms. Kwon is ready to see you now. I will you in." Hyoyeon said, interrupting Changwook from his thoughts. Changwook then stood up and made his way over towards Yuri's office door. 

 

"Thanks, but I don't need an ." He said, opening the door and going in. 

 

Yuri took in a deep silent breath as she stared across the room as Changwook made his way into her office. He was wearing a Kenneth Cole Reaction slim-fit medium gray textured suit with a Lilac Calvin Klein STEEL classic-fit non-iron performance solid dress shirt with the top two buttons undone and no tie. He usually never wore them unless he really had too, but nonetheless, he still looked handsome and at twenty-eight years old, with his short black hair and big round brown eyes. Plus, she had seen pictures of him and his mom Insook, one of the most renowned fashion designer in the world, earlier last year in Vogue magazine. She was well-known for her beauty since she was originally a supermodel but later retired in her late twenties to designing the clothes instead of her modeling them. Yuri could tell that's where he got half his good looks from but looking at him now, her confidence began to dropped. Anyone would say she had a lot of nerved to asked Ji Changwook to father her child then back the off and anyone who really knew her would think that she, in truth, didn't. Between all her friends, Yuri was the least bit daring, she never tried anything new and even when she told Yoona about her proposition to Changwook, she, at first, laughed in her face and thought that it was a good joke but after seeing Yuri's oval-shaped face, she knew she wasn't joking. Yuri could be daring if she wanted to be and even go out on a limb and try something new and daring-pertaining to the fact that it wasn't illegal of course, and for what she wanted of him, this wasn't illegal in anyway and like she said before, the least he could do is say no but she's praying that he will say yes. I mean, what did she really have to loses? 

 

'A very profitable client that's what I could loses.' Yuri thought, the first thing that came into her head, 'Would he still want me to helped him in his legal affairs after I make such a requests? Hopefully I will still have his services after this.'

 

"Yuri?" 

 

She let out a relaxed breath as her name passed his thin lips. She always felt a small shivered of delight after he says her name. She also liked the fact that they were on a first name basis, something he suggested while meeting her. He felt that people calling him 'Mr. Ji' always made him feel old and he was anything but old, "Changwook Oppa, I'm glad you were able to meet with me today." 

 

"Its fine but I do have somewhere I have to be within five hours so make this quick." 

 

'Straight forward as always.' Yuri thought, "Of course, please have a seat." She motioned to the chair in front of her desk. As he took the seat in front of her desk, Yuri was debating whether or not to take the seat next to his. She wanted this to be informal as possible even though her proposition is considered business but given the fact that she's behind her desk will have her feel more comfortable and able to put some distance between them, "Again, thanks for seeing me on such a short noticed." 

 

"Like I said, it was no problem." And for him, it really wasn't but he was still surprised by her requests to meet with him but hey, he wasn't complaining, he hadn't seen her since his company's charity dinner last month but it was worth it since she was looking amazingly pretty today. She always looked great when he saw her and today was no exception. 

 

"How was your flight into the city?" She asked, bringing him back to his thoughts. 

 

"It was ok. I was able to get some worked done but like I said earlier, I can't stayed long so please let's cut the talked and get straight into it. Exactly, what kind of deal did you put together that was so important that you had to meet with me today?" 

 

She swallowed the lump that had formed in , 'Now's not the time to get cold feet Yuri, you can do this.' She thought proudly. She can take risks and this was one she was most certainly going to take. 

 

"This is a business deal and it's a bit personal as well." She said, watching as he lifted a thick eyebrows in question, "Personal in what way?" 

 

"I want to make you an offered that won't costs you anything." Yuri began, 'Just your is all I had really need.' She thought, not to say. 

 

"Then what will I be getting in the end of this important case of yours?" 

 

"What you will be getting is something I heard you say that every man should have a right to do." 

 

"Which is?" Changwook pressed on. 

 

"To father to a child."