Me + You = Baby

Me + You = Baby

Chapter 11 

 

Three weeks later, Changwook was standing at the window in his Seoul office, staring down at the people below. They were moving rather quickly along the sidewalk and he thought about just how fast their lives seem to be moving but for him, it appeared that his had come to a complete standstill. 

 

'And all because of Kwon Yuri.' He thought. He hadn't seen her since the argument in her condo and the only contact was him calling her twice and their conversation had been brief. He had asked how she was doing, she had said fine and then she had ended the called. He had said some harsh words to her that day, words that would get a big lump on his head if his mom heard the things he said to Yuri. 

 

She was who she was and he couldn't expect her to have a beef with his father just because he has one with the man. She wasn't the type of woman. She had a mind of her own, she thought for herself. He wouldn't have wanted her any other way and he did want her. , he also loved her but even so, he's not going to let her make him forgive his father for what he did to his mom and himself. Years might have passed but the hatred is still there and if Yuri can't see that then so be it. He will just be willing to turned his back on the loved he has for her and let his stubbornness rule his mind and senses and be able to eradicate what was in his heart. 

 

"Mr. Ji, your mom is here to see you." 

 

Changwook turned at the sound of his secretary's voice on the intercom. As much as he loved his mom, she was the last person he wanted to see right now. She had gotten upset with him when he had told her about the argument he had had with Yuri, leaving out what he said to her or his mom would probably disowned him, his mom had called, surprising to him, a stupid jackass. 

 

"Mr. Ji?" 

 

"Yes, Sanghee, please send her in." 

 

The door opened and his mom walked in, beautiful as always but she was frowning. She retained that frowned as she crossed the room and came to a stopped in front of him. 

 

"Ok Changwook, you have waited long enough. By now, I had hope you would have come to your senses. I want to know just what you are going to do to get the mother of my grandchild back?" 

 

He didn't have to think long and hard about this, her questioned was simple enough, "I'm not going to do anything." Changwook told her. If Yuri's loyalty was going to be sided with his father then what was the point of trying to win her back. He may loved her but he will be damn if she keeps trying to tell him to mend the relationship between his father and himself. If his mom can't do it then what makes she think she can. Plus, for all he knew, Yuri might not want to be gotten back. The last two times they had talked, she didn't seem inclined to have anything more to do with him. 

 

Inhee's eyes widened from shocked at her son's answered, "Excuses me?" 

 

"I said I'm not going to do anything. Yuri has already taken her side with the old man and allowing him to be a part of that child's life and if she wants it that way then so be it." And that was perfectly fine with him but he still planned on being a part of his child's life no matter what his relationship with her might be. He vowed he would never do what his father did to his mom and he still stands by it. Even if it means he won't be in its life as much as he was hoping to be in it. 

 

"Changwook, you can't do this. You can't deny the future you could have with the mother of your child just because of your father. He wants to be a part of his grandchild's life, you shouldn't deny him this." Inhee pleaded. When Changwook didn't give her a reply back, she let out a sighed in defeat. 

 

"Fine Changwook, be the stubborn man that you are and when you finally see how foolish you are behaving, let me know. I still want to meet her regardless of your relationship, she is the mother of my grandchild." She glanced at her citizen silhouette crystal watch, "I have to go. My private plane is waiting." 

 

Changwook lifted a brow, "You are going back to Tokyo so soon?" 

 

"Yes, and actually, that's the other reason why I came here today, me and your father decided to get married this Saturday." 

 

"What?!" Changwook exclaimed, "I thought you said it would be a few months before you two got married." 

 

"Yes, well, we decided to moved the date up to Saturday. We already spent years apart and we do not want to wait a few more months just too finally be together." 

 

"If this is a way to asked me to come to the wedding then I'm sorry mom but I refused. As much as I loved you, I refused to acknowledge the fact that you are marrying that excuses of a man." 

 

"I expected as much but if you change your mind..." 

 

"I won't be." Changwook said, cutting her off. 

 

"Then we are getting married at his summer home in Italy tomorrow at two o'clock." She finished, not bothered from his interruption, "It would mean to me and your father if you come and we hope you will be there." 

 

After Inhee had left, Changwook sat at his desk, trying to get some worked done but no matter how he tried, his thoughts kept going back to Yuri. Deciding to give her a quick called to see how she was feeling today, he picked up the phone and punched in the number to her cell phone. He leaned back in his chair, waiting for her to answered. 

 

Instead of hearing her voice, another one came on the line that said, "I'm sorry but at the customers requests, this number has been changed to a non-published number." Then there was a sharp clicked in his ear. 

 

He slowly hung up the phone. Yuri had changed her number? Not to be deny the right to speak with her, he then pulled her business card from his desk to try reaching her at the office. Her secretary's cheery voice came on the line, "Good afternoon, Ms. Kwon's office, how may I helped you?" 

 

"Yes, this is Ji Changwook. I would liked to speak with Ms. Kwon." 

 

"I'm sorry Mr. Ji but Ms. Kwon just left the office about fifty minutes ago." 

 

"I see." He said, somewhat disappointed, "Do you know when she will be back?" 

 

"She will be back I believe next Tuesday." 

 

Changwook frowned as he stood from his seat, "Next Tuesday? Where is she going that she won't be in the office until next Tuesday?" He asked, as if he had a right to know. Technically, he did have somewhat of a right since she was going to who knows where with his unborn child. 

 

There was a paused and then as if the secretary decided that maybe he did have a right to know, she said, "She's on her way to the airport." 

 

He lifted a brow, "The airport?" 

 

"Yes sir, the airport. She's about to board an eleven-thirty flight to Italy. If this is an emergency, she has asked that I referred those calls to..." 

 

Whatever the woman was saying was lost on him. Yuri was going to Italy and he had an idea as to why, "Thanks for the information." He said, interrupting whatever it was Yuri's secretary was saying. He quickly hung up and made his way to his door. 

 

"Sanghee, clear my schedule for this afternoon and other appointments I have scheduled up until next Tuesday. Also, book me an eleven-thirty flight leaving today." Changwook said, as he made his way passed his secretary's desk. 

 

"Yes, sir and the destination." 

 

"Italy." 

 

Yuri was sitting in the airport lobby, waiting to board her flight to Italy. She received a called from Changmin on Thursday afternoon to invite her to come to his and Inhee's wedding at his summer home in Italy on Saturday afternoon. Though she had to admit that she was pretty shocked at first to have received the invitation, she figured that since she was carrying his grandchild, she was practically already family to him. Of course, she was happy to accept the invitation and told him that she would be there for his nuptials. He also informed her that the rehearsal dinner was Friday evening and he would loved it if she came to that as well as a personal guest and instead of staying in a hotel, she could stayed in one of the rooms within his home. Of course, she couldn't refused that as well and instead of leaving early Saturday morning liked she planned, she changed her flight to today. While waiting, her mind couldn't helped but wondered off to Changwook. She had talked to him briefly earlier in the week, only to tell him that she and the baby were doing fine. She was still upset over the argument they had over his father being a part of the baby's life. Yuri knew that deep in Changmin's heart, he knew that he handled the issued of Inhee being pregnant was the biggest mistake of his life. A mistake that cost him the loved and respect of his son and from that, Yuri wasn't so sure now if Changwook would ever forgive his father for what he's done. Even if Changwook didn't want to forgive his father then so be it. She wasn't going to fussed about it anymore but she hope that he would at least try and be civil to him since during the most important moments of the child's life growing up but obviously, she could see that he was going to let his stubbornness get the best of him and instead of allowing his father to take part in his child's life, he was going to let her have her way and just not involved himself at all in any kind of relationship except for being a father to the child and nothing else. Well, it was liked Yuri had said before, if he was going to be that way then fine. She will just moved on without him. Even though it hurt to do so. 

 

"Flight 329 for Italy now boarding at gate 43." 

 

Once Yuri heard the announcement, she got up from her seat and made her way to the boarding gate. Her thoughts of Changwook gone from her mind. 

 

"Hello ma'am. May I see your ticket please." A young flight attendant asked Yuri. 

 

"Sure." She said, digging in her black Michael Kors bedford belted large shoulder bag for her ticket, "Here you go." "Thank you. Let's see, you are in row 35. Enjoyed the flight." The flight attendant said, handing Yuri back her ticket. 

 

"Thank you." Yuri said, getting the ticket and sticking it back in her bag. She then made her way towards her seat. Once she got to her seat, she opened up the sun visor to looked out the window. Though there wasn't much to see now, except for the various workers on the strip, she had nothing better to do since she decided not to bring any worked with her. She thought of this as another mini vacation which she desperately needed after the weeks she had been through. 

 

Yuri heard movement next to her and being curious as to see who would be sitting next to her for the flight, she turned her head and was surprised to see who it was, "Changwook Oppa?!" She let out in a gasped of surprised. She couldn't believe he was here, especially since when she spoke to him, he didn't mentioned going out of town, "What are you doing here?" 

 

"Isn't it obvious? I'm going to Italy." Changwook replied, liked it was the simplest thing in the world. 

 

"I can see that but why are you here?" 

 

"I called your office earlier and your assistant said that you were on your way to Italy." 

 

"So you decided to catch the same flight as me?" Yuri asked him. 

 

"Yes. You are obviously going to my mom's wedding and I'm assuming Changmin invited you as one of his guests." He started. Yuri's insides started to swell up with hope. Hoping that the reason why he was coming was to apologized to her for the words he had said and even forgive his father. Yuri knew that would make both of his parents proud, talked about a great wedding gift. 

 

"But don't get your hopes up. The only reason I'm coming with you is to make sure my child is safe. " 

 

Yuri couldn't believe what was happening. Here she was, hoping that he was accompanying her to make amends but in actuality, he was only doing it as though he felt he had to come along just to make sure she didn't do anything to harmed herself or their unborn child. She guessed she shouldn't have gotten her hopes up. She should have known that he wouldn't have a change of heart so suddenly. Instead of answering him with a reply and not wanting to start another fight with him, Yuri just turned her head back towards the window. 

 

"Ladies and gentlemen, we are just about ready to take off so please fasten your seatbelts and turned off all electronic devices at this time." A flight attendant said in front of the plane, "Now, sit back and enjoyed your flight as we head to Italy." 

 

Yuri didn't really think she would enjoyed herself liked the flight attendant had said. This was going to be a long flight. 

 

It's only been about eight minutes since they arrived in Italy and Changwook and Yuri were both silent in the drive towards Changmin's summer home. Once they had landed, Changwook insisted, more liked was determined, to drive Yuri instead of her catching a cab so once they both got their luggage, they went to the registration desk to rent a car for him to drive her to her destination. She really didn't want to ride anywhere with him, knowing how silent it was going to be, even during the flight, they didn't speak to each other. 

 

It was then that they pulled in a long drive way when Yuri gasped in awed as a beautifully large brink mansion style-home came into view. With its driveway surrounded by trim bushes on each side, a freshly cut lawn and a beautiful fountain in the middle of it, the entire placed looked liked it could be a fancy resort. 

 

Changwook pulled towards the entrance of the large home, cut off the engine and got out of the car to opened Yuri's car door. He then proceeded to opened the trunk and retrieved her luggage and carry them to the front porch. 

 

"This everything?" He asked her, as Yuri gave a nod of her head to confirmed, "Alright then and before I leave, I want to get your new cell phone number since when I tried calling it, the number was changed." Changwook said to her, as he pulled out his phone to add to his contacts. 

 

"Fine." She pulled out her phone and recited the number to him as he added them into his phone. 

 

"Thank you and next time you changed your number, let me know. I don't appreciate the fact that you changed your number without telling me, especially if I wanted to checked up on my child." He said, with a bit of resentment in his voice. 

 

"Alright, I will let you know." Yuri replied. She had a good reason why she changed her cell number. Besides, it wasn't liked he couldn't reached her at worked or at home so she didn't see what the big issued was but instead of arguing with him, she kept the peace and just agreed to his terms. 

 

"Alright, I'm leaving now. I will be staying at the grand hotel de la minerve so just called me on Saturday to let me know what time to picked you up and I will come get you." He said, getting back in the car. 

 

"Ok." And with that said, he got back in his car and pulled away, heading back down the long driveway. 

 

"Ah Yuri, you are here." 

 

Yuri shook away the unease and quickly turned around with a bright smiled as she saw Changmin making his way down the porch steps towards her. 

 

"How was your flight? Did you get here without any problems?" 

 

She was about to tell him that she didn't since Changwook dropped her off a couple of minutes ago but not wanting to think about him anymore and bring him up around Changmin, Yuri instead said with a smiled, "Yes, my flight was good and I got here just fine." 

 

"Good, come on in. You must be tired from your flight. Would you liked to lay down for a bit since the dinner doesn't start until this evening?" He asked, taking some of her heavier luggage. 

 

"I'm actually not tired at all." She said, following him inside. 

 

"In that case, why don't I give you the grand tour." 

 

"That sounds liked a wonderful idea." 

 

His home really was even more stunning on the inside. According to Changmin, as he was giving her the tour, he bought his home since the late thirteen hundreds and he lived here for the remaining of the period until he later moved to Seoul to further his business. The elegant home was composed of several reception rooms, numerous bedroom suites with private baths and dressing rooms. Game rooms, spa, gym, two swimming pools that were indoor and outdoor and a beautiful kitchen and dining room. Since it was such a beautiful day out, after Changmin gave her the tour and set her up in one of the bedroom suites, he suggested that they go out on the terrace to enjoyed the view of the vast land surrounding the placed. 

 

"I received a called earlier from Inhee just before you arrived and she said that she should be on her way within an hour or so." Changmin said. 

 

Yuri nodded as butterflies went off in her stomach at the thought of meeting Changwook's mom. She couldn't helped wondering what he had told her about their now-defunct relationship. Back in Seoul, she didn't want the chance to see Changwook, especially while her heart was still hurting so when she accepted the invitation to attend the wedding, she jumped at the chance to leave the city for a few days. She figured the last thing she had to worry about was running into Changwook here but boy was she wrong when she saw him on the flight. At first, she was thrilled to think that maybe he was coming to finally accept the man sitting in front of her as his father but of course, once he told her the real reason for him coming, Yuri's heart sunk. She guessed that was wishful thinking. After spending some time on the terrace, the two went into one of the game rooms to played chess, something the older demon seem to enjoyed. She was glad her grandfather had taught her to played when she was in high school. They had just ended one game with him winning of course, when one of Changmin's servants approached to let him know that Inhee had arrived. 

 

"Why, you are simply beautiful, just as Changwook said!" Inhee exclaimed, smiling at her. 

 

Yuri wondered if Changwook had actually said that or whether his mom was just being kind. Either way, she decided to take the compliment, "Thank you." 

 

They were standing together in the receiving line, greeting guests arriving for the rehearsal dinner. Changmin had asked her to be there and as far as she knew, no one seem to questioned it. When introducing her, he merely said that she was a closed friend of his son. Considering how things were between her and Changwook, Yuri thought that was really stretching it a bit. 

 

"We certainly have a crowd here tonight." Inhee's words broke into Yuri's thoughts, "Yes, there are a number of people here. Didn't know we invited so many people here just for the rehearsal dinner but everything is beautiful and speaking of beautiful." 

 

The first thing Yuri had thought when she had seen Inhee was that any picture she had seen of her in a magazine hadn't done her justice. She was a beautiful woman and it only took a few seconds in Changmin and Inhee's company to know that he simply adored his bride to be. Changmin had once comment on what a loving relationship the two shared. Now, she saw firsthand just how true that statement had been and even though they were both separated for a period of time, it looks as though that now their bond was stronger than before. 

 

"And your outfit is divine. That color looks good on you." She added. 

 

Suddenly, a deep appreciation for Inhee blossom to life inside Yuri. The compliment about her outfit meant a lot coming from a person who was considered an expert and icon in the fashion world but that wasn't the only reason why she liked Changwook's mom so much. From the moment Changmin introduced them earlier that day, she had felt a connection. Maybe it had something to do with the fact that Inhee was the woman who had given birth to the half-vampire who had captured her heart or possibly the fact that Yuri was carrying inside of her this woman's grandchild. Whatever the reason was, she felt an accord with Inhee, a closeness to her that she couldn't explained and wouldn't bother dissecting. 

 

"Yes, though I assumed you looked even more stunning on the fact that you are glowing with my grandchild." Inhee stated happily, "I was beginning to loses hope that Changwook would never have any children and yet, my prayers have been answered. I just wished that he was here to see me and his father get married." She added, on a sad note. 

 

Yuri couldn't helped but feel her distressed. It hurt Yuri even more now that her own son couldn't see the fact that his mom was about to marry the man she loves and Changwook can't even let go of his angered for the sake of his mom's happiness. It seem to Yuri that Inhee's prayers on wishing that Changwook would one day forgive his father won't be answered anytime soon if ever. 

 

At that moment, the room got silent as Changmin began to speak, "Thank you all for coming tonight to celebrate the upcoming nuptials between myself and my lovely wife to be Inhee." He began, holding out his hand, indicating for Inhee to come stand beside him. Once she reached him, he put his arm around her waist and continued on with his speech, "I would liked to say that it wasn't easy to try and win this woman back after we parted years ago but once she came back into my life, I knew that I had to do what I didn't have the nerve to do years ago and make her mine in marriage. I'm just happy after years of waiting, she finally agreed to me marry tomorrow." 

 

He then turned towards Inhee, facing her with loved and adoration in his eyes, "Inhee, I loved you so much and I'm happy to know that in a few hours, you will be Mrs. Ji Inhee." He said, then leaned down to give her a gentle yet passionate kissed on the lips with the occupants within the room clapping and cheering. Once the kissed ended and the cheering subsided, Inhee started to speak. 

 

"Changmin, for years, I have loved you and even though we parted years ago, I still had loved for you in my heart. Of course, to prove how much I loved you, I thought about you while naming our son." She started, as tears welled up in her eyes, "Even after the years of dating and waiting patiently for when I will be name as your wife, I was so happy when you finally proposed." She paused, and took in a big breath, "And even though this is supposed to be one of the happiest moments in my life, it hurts me for the fact that our son isn't here to wished our blessing to wed and though I loved you so very much, I can't go through with marrying you."