Me + You = Baby

Me + You = Baby

Chapter 10 

 

At first, Yuri could have sworn she had heard the older demon wrong but a part of her knew deep down she had heard him right. There was no doubt in her mind that this man standing before her was Changwook's father and since Changwook had deny having a living father, she could only wondered why he refused to acknowledged the demon's very existence. 

 

"B...But why would Changwook do such a thing?" She asked, knowing the demon would be able to answered her questioned. 

 

"It's a long story, one you have a right to know." 

 

She wondered how he figured that out. He evidently saw the questioned in her eyes and said, "Because you are the woman who will give birth to my grandchild and more than anything, I want to be a part of its life." 

 

'How did he know about the baby?' Yuri wondered. 

 

Again, as if he had known what she was thinking, he replied, "Inhee was excited about the news and was happy to shared it with me." 

 

Yuri nodded, "I see." If that was the cases then that meant him and Changwook's mom were on speaking terms. Well, of course, they were since she saw them a few weeks ago kissing at the farmer's market but if that was the cases then why weren't Changwook and him on speaking terms? 

 

"That and the fact that as soon as I walked into your office, I was able to senses the aura coming from your stomach." He finished. 

 

Yuri nodded again, 'Of course, he was able to tell. Changwook knew five days after we had that I was pregnant.

 

"Ms. Kwon, I know you have a lot of questions and I would be honored if you joined me for dinner so I can explained things to you." 

 

"Dinner?" 

 

"Yes." 

 

Yuri thought about the invitation. Regardless of whether or not he was on good terms with his father, Changwook should have mentioned the man's existence to her. No matter what degree of discord subsisted between the two men, the one standing before her was her baby's grandfather. So, she made a decision, "Yes, I would loved to joined you for dinner." 

 

As soon as they entered Sabiru restaurant, Yuri could tell the man by her side was used to dining in elegance. She glanced up at the vaulted ceilings with intricate carvings and bordered by rich looking marble that seemed to blend into the stone walls. The spacious interior provided an air of sophistication and style and the floor-to-ceiling windows and handmade pottery that sat on each table promised ambiance as classy as the food the restaurant served. 

 

They were led to a private room in the back of the restaurant and she was just as impressed with the furnishings and décor. The window looked out into a massive garden. Yuri was never one to appreciate a lot of greenery but she did now. 

 

Once they had been seated and their choice of drinks ordered, Ji Changmin glanced over at her and smiled. 

 

"I'm glad you are joining me Yuri-ssi, it means a lot." 

 

She believed him, just as she believed him earlier, during the drive over when he had said that no matter how Changwook felt about him, he loved his grandchild. 

 

"And I appreciate the invitation to joined you." 

 

They began talking about everything but Changwook for the first half hour while waiting for their food to arrived. She discovered his loved for art and liked to collect them. She also found out about his opposition to anything that restricted world trade. That was understandable considering he had made his millions in the import and export business. 

 

"You are a remarkable woman Yuri-ssi. I can see why my son has fallen in loved with you." 

 

Yuri frozed with the glass of cranberry juice halfway to her light pink color lips. She wasn't sure what to say since she didn't have a clue just what Changwook had told his mom about her. So to played it safe, she said something she knew wasn't a lied, "And I loved Changwook just as deeply." 

 

She leaned back in her chair, "So please, shared with me why there is bitterness between you and Changwook." Over dinner, she listened while he told her with deep regret and sorrow in his voice how he met Inhee at an event years back and the two began dating but when she became pregnant, he left her and never contacted her again, because of it. Years later, he sought her out to apologized for his actions and she forgave him and they put the past behind them. However, Changwook refused to do so. He couldn't get over the fact that Changmin had turned his back on his mom when she became pregnant with him. 

 

Changmin admitted he had been wrong and that he had made a grave mistake, especially upon realizing how much he missed Inhee and came to his senses that what he did was cowardly and foolish. If he had to do it all over again, he would have stayed by her side and raised their son together in a heartbeat but he hadn't and not doing so had eventually lost him his son's loved and respect. 

 

"Have you tried talking to Changwook?" Yuri couldn't helped but asked. 

 

"Yes, but he refuses to discussed anything with me. Changwook refuses to acknowledge my very existence and that's why I wanted to talked to you. I hope that you will find it in your heart to allowed me to be a part of my grandchild's life. I hope you won't deny me that." 

 

Yuri shook her head, "Of course, I won't and I can't see Changwook denying it either." 

 

"Forgive me for saying so but I can see him denying it. Liked I said, I'm not one of my son's favorite people but I loved him and will do anything I can for him." 

 

"And now that Changwook sees how his mom has forgiven you that doesn't change his feelings about you?" 

 

"No. It seems he has more stubbornness than me and he is fiercely loyal to those he loves and he loves his mom deeply. He knows how much I have hurtled her and won't forgive me for doing so." 

 

Changmin paused for a second and then he said, "Changwook refuses to acknowledge his placed as my heir nevertheless I'm naming him in my business papers anyway. However, I want to meet with my attorney and make provisions for my grandchild to be included as well but I wanted to meet with you first to make sure you are fine with that." 

 

Yuri stared at him. Being a lawyer, she had a pretty good idea just how wealthy Ji Changmin was, especially from reading that article about him in Seoul magazine. He was sitting there and letting her know that he was thinking of her child and his placed in its life, "Yes, I'm fine with it. In fact, your generosity overwhelms me and I don't know what to say." 

 

"Say that as long as I have breath in my body that I will be a part of my grandchild's life. I messed up with my son but I don't want to messed up with my grandchild." 

 

Yuri heard the trembling in the man's voice. He truly did loved Changwook and was sorry for what he had done all those years ago. Why couldn't Changwook see that? She reached acrossed the table and took the demon's hand into hers, "I will make you that promised. You are the only grandfather my child will have and I'm honored that you will be, want to be, a part of his or her life." 

 

She could tell her words had touched him as he quickly glanced away so she wouldn't see the tears in his eyes. Moments later, he looked back at her and said in a soft, appreciative voice, "Thank you Yuri-ssi. I will always be grateful of you." 

 

Later that night, as Yuri slid under her bedcovers, she couldn't helped but recalled her dinner conversations with Changmin. He was a proud man, yet he had humbled himself and admitted to the mistakes he had made years ago by alienating Inhee and his son. She had made him a promised tonight, one she intended to keep. Besides, she liked him. He indicated he would be leaving Seoul for a business tripped in the morning but had given her his business card and had invited her to come and visit him anytime she wished. 

 

She almost jumped when her phone rang. She hadn't been sure Changwook would called and hope it was him. She wouldn't mentioned anything about her dinner meeting with his father until she saw him. She wanted it to be face-to-face with him when she did so. For now, she just wanted to hear his voice. 

 

She leaned up and reached over and picked up her cell phone off the nightstand, "Hello." 

 

"Did I wake you?" 

 

She smiled, "No, I'm in bed but I haven't gone to sleep yet. Are you still in Japan?" 

 

"No, I'm on a plane returning to Seoul." 

 

Yuri felt a gentle tugged of joy in her stomach. He was on his way home, "Are you going to visit your mom?" 

 

"No, my mom is in Singapore for a fashion show she's hosting. I'm headed straight for Seoul. By the time you wake up in the morning, I should have landed. I missed you." He said, the last words softly. 

 

She felt another pulled in her stomach, "And I missed you, too." 

 

"Will you be ok for me to come straight to your placed from the airport?" He asked. 

 

A grinned touched her lips, "Yes, most certainly." 

 

She heard his soft chuckled, "In that cases, I'm going to let you go so you can get your rest. Trust me when I say that you are going to need it." 

 

Yuri clearly understood his underlying hint and countered, "I encouraged you to take a few catnaps on the plane as you are going to need your rest as well." 

 

After Changwook ended his conversation with Yuri, he leaned back in the leather seat and closed his eyes. God, he missed her. For the past week, he could barely concentrate on business without thinking about her. The meetings with his business associates had been intense and with a heaping amount of ual frustration thrown into the mixed, negotiations at times had gotten downright heated. In the end, he had closed the deal he had wanted and his mission had been accomplished. Now, he could set his mind and sights to other things. 

 

Liked finally acknowledging he had fallen in loved with Yuri. 

 

'It was bound to happened at some point.' He thought. 

 

The week on the island had been no joke. Since then, he had been trying to convinced himself his attraction to her was only ual but he had known this thing with Yuri went deeper. 

 

He would never forget the exact moment he had realized just how he felt. It was the last time they had made loved. After experiencing what he considered the best of his life, he had laid beside her, held her in his arms when suddenly, his mind and body begun reeling before experiencing a feeling of having been punched in the gut. Changwook had been tempted to tell her then but had decided to wait, to think more about his feelings and to give himself time to contemplate hers as well as to set up a planned of action if he discovered she wasn't feeling the same way he was. Even if she didn't loved him now, by the time he was through with her, she would be. He loved her and she was going to have his baby. He was a very lucky man. A man very much in loved with the mother of his child. Now, his goal was to do whatever it took to make sure Yuri loved him as well. His mission was to win her heart. 

 

Yuri had gotten a good night rest, grateful it was Saturday and that she wouldn't have to go into the office. She glanced at the clock. It wasn't quite eight but she had hope Changwook would have arrived by now. 

 

She had gotten up at the crack of dawn and although she hadn't bothered changing out of her nightclothes, she had washed her face, brushed her teeth and tried making her hair looked decent. Yuri's heart leaped in her chest when she heard the sound of the doorbell. She inhaled deeply as she crossed the room to answered it. The moment she opened the door to find Changwook standing there, immaculate as ever, simply breathtaking, whatever emotions she had been feeling before were nothing compared to what she was feeling now. Whether he loved her or not didn't matter. She truly loved him. 

 

"Yuri." 

 

And then she realized that he had taken a step into the room, closed and locked the door behind him and had whispered her name just seconds before pulling her into his arms. The moment their mouths touched, she felt it all the way to the bone as she put her heart, body and soul into the kissed and when she felt herself being swept up into his arms, her body began aching with need as he headed for the bedroom. She was so consumed with want and desire she barely realized the moment he had placed her on the bed, joined her there and began removing their clothes but she was fully aware of when he moved his body over hers and began kissing her again, with a hungered that sent blood gushing through her veins and when she felt the thickness of his , poised against her womanly core, she wanted him with a degree that she never wanted him before and knowing that he wanted her as well, that he was barely holding back and that possibly the moment he entered her he would explode had her tense on the verged of reaching an just that quick. They would savor the next one. Now, what two of them needed, what they wanted was immediate satisfaction. 

 

He glanced down at her, opened his mouth to say something but whatever he was about to say was lost when she lifted her hips and forced him to entered her. He threw his head back and growled out her name the exact moment she felt his hot release and wrapped her legs around him, locking him to her. 

 

Bringing his head down, she pressed to his as all the passion and loved she felt flow through her, began overtaking her. Her moans of pleasure mingled with his as their bodies began shuddering and this was one magical moment that she didn't ever want to end. 

 

Changwook had just gotten up after making loved with Yuri. He turned to looked at her pretty face; her eyes were closed already from their earlier activities. He never got tired of looking at her face when she was asleep. During their time on the resort, he would sometimes wake up in the middle of the night and watch her sleep until he fell asleep himself and hope that he will be able to keep doing that for many years to come, after he wins her heart liked he planned. 

 

He got up from the bed and was about to head towards the bathroom when something caught his eyes on her dresser. It was a business card and when he picked it up to read whose it was, he couldn't believe it. 

 

'How the hell did she get this?!' He thought, making his way back to the bed to sit down. There was no way that she could have gained access to this card so how did she get it. There was one way to find out. 

 

"Who gave you this Yuri?" 

 

Upon hearing Changwook's voice, it took her a moment to mustered up enough strength to opened her eyes. Their lovemaking sessions always left her weak as water from nearly drowning passion. Yuri brought him into focused. He was sitting on the edge of the bed, holding something in his hand. She blinked to bring him into focused again, and saw it was the business card his father had given her. She inhaled sharply, much preferring to have waited before having this conversation with him but it seem that that wouldn't be the case. 

 

"Yuri?" 

 

He had turned and was looking at her intensely. In other words, he was frowning. She slowly sat up in bed, mindful of the fact that liked him, she was stark . 

 

"Your dad gave it to me." 

 

The looked he gave her was one as if he had been slapped and then he said harshly, "That's impossible because I don't have a dad!" 

 

She rolled her eyes, "At least not one you want to claimed. You should have told me about him Changwook Oppa. I had a right to know." 

 

He stood and stared down at her, "The only rights you have regarding me are the ones I give you Yuri and an association with Ji Changmin isn't one of them. The man means nothing to me." 

 

Yuri glared at him, "He might not mean anything to you but he's my child's grandfather." 

 

"No, he's not." 

 

"Yes, he is." She said, struggling to keep her voice calmed, "Don't you think it's time for you to forgive him and moved on?" 

 

Changwook looked livid. He reached out and gripped her wrist and brought her closer to him, "No, and I don't want him to be a part of my child's life." 

 

"And I intend for him to be a part of it. I made him a promised Oppa." 

 

He let go of her hand, "How much did he offered?" 

 

"What are you talking about?" 

 

"I know the man! For years, he's been trying to win me over with his money, with offers of business deals, the naming of me as his heir, ownership of his company so I'm sure he offered you something! What was it?!" He demanded. 

 

Yuri didn't liked the sound of Changwook's raised voice nor his insinuations, "Are you saying that you believed I made a promised to your dad because of some money deal?" 

 

"Didn't you? Are you saying he didn't agreed to acknowledge our unborn child as his heir if you went along with him?" 

 

His words made Yuri furious, "It wasn't liked that at all. Changmin is a man who loves you and who already loves his grandchild. He merely wants to be a part of our baby's life and I can see no reason why he shouldn't." "Well, I do and I won't have it." 

 

She leaned forward and placed her hands on her hips, "I don't care what you won't have so get over it. I won't break my promised to him." 

 

"And what about your loyalty to me?" 

 

Yuri figured that now was not the time to tell Changwook that not only did he have her loyalty but that he also had her loved but this was one issued she could not, would not agreed with him on, "I'm loyal to you Oppa, however, I will not deny my child the right to know its grandparents." 

 

The room got quiet and the tension surrounding them was almost unbearable. Then Changwook spoke as he began picking up his clothes off the floor, "Then it seems we have nothing more to discussed." 

 

Changwook turned his back on her and went into the bathroom and closed the door. He reappeared in the room a short while later, fully dressed. He came over to the bed, stood over her and glared at her. His face was tight, his features still intenses, "I'm leaving." 

 

"Fine, and once you realized just how unfair you are being, please called me." 

 

His face darkened, "I will called occasionally for no other reason than to checked on my child. Otherwise, our association is over Yuri." 

 

Yuri fought back the tears in her eyes, "If that's the way you want things Oppa, then that's the way they will be." 

 

He stared down at her for a few more minutes and then without saying anything else, he turned and walked out of her condo. 

 

It was later that day before Yuri was able to get out of bed and only then because she knew she needed to eat something. She had to take care of the life growing inside, the life Changwook had placed there. 

 

As she began moving around her placed, she couldn't put out her mind the words Changwook had spoken, 'Did he hate his dad that much?' She thought, 'Ok, I could imagined how he must have felt as a child growing up to discovered the rift that existed between his dad but if his mom could forgive him then why couldn't he?'

 

"Because he's so damn stubborn." She muttered, as she sat down to eat a sandwich, "Ok, so I won't be at his beck and called anymore!" She said to the walls sneering, "It will be his loss. I shouldn't have been at his beck and called anyway. The only thing between us was lusts, at least on his end." 

 

She knew for her it was more. It was loved. 

 

After she ate, she decided to go for a walked. She had to leave the condo for a while and later, she would take in a movie. She needed to keep her mind occupied so Changwook wouldn't consumed so much of it. He had made his feelings clear and there was nothing left for her to do but accept it and moved on and she would. He had given her no choice.