Stand By Me

'So I Married A Fan' Project
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“Yeah… yeah… yeah…”

“Yeah… yeah… yeah… Ohh..”

 

All the pressure you’ve been feeling earlier from the interview has been forgotten. The new song that the group was practicing gave you your energy back. It’s a new comeback and it sounds cool. EXO was holding up a dance practice today for this new song.

Everyone was focused and concentrated on learning the new choreogr aphy. You were an ecstatic bystander at the moment. This was one of your privileges and you were very much thankful for this.

You felt kinda bad that you weren’t doing anything except for watching them well, working hard. You wanted to do something for them at least. As you had the thought of helping in mind, your tall red-head idol husband called you.

“___-ssi.”

“Yes?”, you promptly responded.

“Why don’t you get us some snacks and drinks?”, this was exactly what you had in mind.

“Uhm, okay, what do you guys want?”

“I’d love some bread!”, Suho exclaimed. “Just something light.”

“Oh…”, Lay uttered. “I’m so hungry, I’d love some tteokbokki.”

“Chicken!”, Chen butted in, “Chicken seems nice.”

“Hmm, but I only want something light.”

All of the members weren’t in sync of their cravings today.

“Let’s just vo-”

Chanyeol cut off Sehun before he could finish his suggestion. “She can get everything! It’s okay right? ___-ssi?”

“Ahh. Uhmm.”, you hesitated. You didn’t expect various food proffers.

“It’s too many and it’ll take time. We can go for the majority.”, Lay commented.

“Ahh…”, Baekhyun rubbed his tummy, “…but we can wait and I’m craving for jjajangmyeon.”

“Ahh, Jjajjang-…”, Kyungsoo muttered in a low tone.

Chanyeol turned to you, it seems that majority wants you to get all those types of food they’re looking for right now, “It’s okay, right? ___”

“It’s okay. I will get all of it!”, you raised a thumbs up at the members. “You guys are working hard for this comeback. I’ll be glad enough to do anything to help!”

“You don-”, one of the members wanted to intercede the idea but Chanyeol cut him off.

“i’ll help you list up our orders, ___-ssi. And where to buy them.”

You gave off a keen smile to your idol husband, “De, kansahamnida.”

 

5 different foods for 9 boys. You had to bring an additonal one for the choreographer as well. You were paid on this role of yours anyway, might as well be useful. As expected, you went around the area to buy every food that the members had listed, including drinks. It was hard to carry all of them. Good thing the food vendors were nice to you, giving you a bag to help you carry the food items easier. It took you almost an hour to finish buying everything.

 

“Sorry, I took long but the foods are here.”, you spoke, catching your breathe as you’ve arrived at the practice room.

Chanyeol immediately ran to you to help you with the bags.

“Why don’t prepare it now, ___-ssi? We’re quite in the middle of practicing at the moment but we’ll be finished in a few minutes.”

“Oh, sure. Sure, I’ll prepare it.”

 

You prepared the members’ dinner in a few minutes and waited for them to finish their practice. The danced for three more rounds and they finally wrapped it up.

“Whoa, thanks ___-ssi!”, Jumyeon bade.

“Thank you, ___-ssi.”, the eldest greeted.

“Thank you for the food.”, Kyungsoo and the others thanked you in unison.

They sat down on the floor, circling the food you’ve prepared.

One of the members, Chen didn’t forget to invite you, “Eat with us, ___-ssi.”

“No, I’m fine.”, you humbly replied. “You guys have to eat more for your practice.”

“Jeez, here ___-ssi.”, Chen insisted lifting up a tad of tteokboki on a stick for you.

“Uhm, it’s really okay-…”, you insisted.

“Say ahhh…”, you couldn’t reject the offer anymore as the food was directed closer to your mouth. It would be impolite to disregard him.

“Mmm…”, you chomped on the piece, “Thank you, Chen-ssi.”

You just finished eating what Chen gave you and another offer came up for you.

“I’ll give you too, ___-ssi. This tastes good.”, Baekhyun didn’t wait for you to respond and dangled the piece of chicken in front of you to bite right away.

“Mmm…”, you bit the chicken and held it, “Thank you everyone really.”

This felt nice. You were actually hungry after all. You’re only rejecting their offer earlier because it might not be enough for all of the members who have worked hard for today more than you.

Nevertheless, the tiredness you’re feeling for the day had vanished because of the little acts of gratitude the members have shown you. Sure enough, the members were more exhausted than you but this was a new experience for you. It was a job after all plus you have to undergo tons of pressure by acting on an interview that is perceived to be what is real for your life.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

That day was just the start. Moreover, the group is preparing for a comeback so lots of stuff should be done. Days of practice had passed and you were EXO’s personal aid. You went to the recording studio with them and of course to the dance practice session as well. You had to wake up early and work with the members until practice is over at night. From buying every snack request from time to time, lunch and dinner and getting pieces of clothing for them to change, towels, you’ve done it.

Above all the hardships, this was all worth it because you get to be on top of everything. You’re somewhat one of the first people to know about this comeback. You’re able to watch the choreography first personally, hear them recording the songs. Truly, this was a blessing to you.

You’ve been distracted from your life and currently focused on this job of yours as a wife slash EXO staff and you didn’t even know that your interview with Chanyeol days ago has been posted and many articles about it had already appeared on social media.

“___-ssi.”, a member called you out in the studio.

“De, do you need something Baekhyun-ssi?” you promptly responded.

“Ah, no… Your interview with Chanyeol is out. Have you seen it?”, Baekhyun asked.

“Ahh, right. It’s out.”, you totally forgot about it but pretended to know anyway. “Ah, de…”

“Have you seen the feedbacks about it?”, the male looked too concerned.

“Uhh. De…”, you were still dumbfounded however but you lied anyway.

“Just an advice. We all get haters. So…”, Baekhyun pressed his lips together and settled his hand on your shoulders. “Uhm… To make life happier, try to avoid those haters. It would be better not to read any feedback at all.”

“Ohh… But…”, a thought came to your mind. “How about the good ones, it’s unfair for them. Isn't this being an ignorant? Isn't this selfish?”

“Wae. Are you telling me I'm ignorant?”, Baekhyun placed his hand on his hips. “Ani, selfish?”

Baekhyun furrowed his eyebrows. He got quite irritated with you and crossed his arms. “Ah chicha. I just started talking to you and you're like this.”

“Feedbacks aren't bad. I mean they only come out because its an effect of what we did.”, you were calm and composed explaining you point of view to him.  “We can use it to improve ourselves, isn't it? I mean we shouldn't miss out on the good things they might say to us. That’ll sometimes make our day.”

As your point came across the male, his knitted eyebrows became poised. “Seriously this girl.”

He soon let out a smile and nudged you head. “You’re funny.”

“Heh.”, you returned him a smile as well.

“What if its all bad feedbacks?”, he asked you once more.

“Uhm.. Let's just think positively.”, you both chuckled at your response.

“Ah… you’re good.”, he patted your back. “Thanks for bringing our food and clothes, ___-ssi. Thanks for cheering us on. Let’s work hard!”

“De. Of course!”, you beamed a genuine smile that spread through Baekhyun’s.

The male was warming up to you, “Fighting, ___-ssi. Fighting!”

“Fighting!”, you ecstaticly made the gesture.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

“Ahh, I left my jacket-”, one of the members muttered.

Chanyeol, still continuing his desires to burden you in the simplest ways saw this as an another opportunity, “___ can get that f-”

You however were glad to be of help on anyway and hastily ran back to get the forgotten item. “Sure thing! Wait a bit.”

You didn’t see that all of these tasks piling up for you were because of someone

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter