For You

'So I Married A Fan' Project
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

            ___ ____.  Signed

 

- June 24, 2016 -

 

            It has been days since the SM provided you almost everything, a visa for your stay in the country, Hangul lessons, allowance for food and other essentials, and a job as a staff who help artists.

            Trish returned back to your homeland as soon as she knew you got accepted at SM Entertainment. She was finally relieved that you got the job. Of course, she did not leave right away, you two friends celebrated the good news first before the goodbyes were made. You promised to update and call her every time something unusual happens.

            In the few days that you trained and worked, it had started to become stressful since the tasks started to pile up as time goes. Good thing, the company gave you a good trainer who was younger than you, her name was Kim Moon Ji. Your stay at the company became tolerable with her aide.

            As part of your language lesson, you’ve been conversing with Koreans, especially with the artists since your job will revolve around that. The company wanted you to finish your training as soon as possible. It does seem that you’re going to be assigned to EXO after you finished your training because the tasks given to you were mostly about them, if not, related to them. You’d still think that you’re lucky anyway to be an inch closer to your idols.

            But now that you’ve received today’s task, all that luck and hard work may be all for naught. Today’s task given to you was probably the most challenging one to you emotionally so far. You were told to call on a few members to go to Ms. Hyun Jae’s office. Not just any members, but your bias was included in the list.

            Eottoke (What do I do?).

            You were troubled. You weren’t sure if you’ll be able to do this. Even if it’s just a simple thing, you find it hard to do because of your overwhelming feelings towards your idols.

            I have to do this. If I’m going to be an EXO staff, I should get used being around them, being near them, and talking to them. You tried to encourage yourself to do it. Because if you can’t do this, you might get fired in this new job of yours.

            You held the knob of the door of their practice room and hesitated. Ahh, why did I even apply for this if I’m this nervous to be near my idol.

            You let go of the knob. You changed your mind. You can’t do this. Your heart is pounding so hard. You haven’t even gotten inside the room yet. If you can’t even try to talk to him, call him, how can you be a staff to him.

            Ugh! You sighed furrowing your eyebrows in annoyance of yourself.

            You contemplated maybe you didn’t deserve this job. Maybe it was just enough for you to be able to see your idol a lot up close and be near him in a few weeks of your stay in the place.

 

            “[What are you doing?]”, a man suddenly sprung behind you disrupting your thoughts.

            You moved back and saw that it was once again Lay, the man who always catches you at times like this.

            “[Mianhae (sorry) for blocking the way]”, you spoke with your head down.

            “[Gwenchana (it’s okay).], Lay opened the door and entered the practice room.

            Before the door was about to close in front of you, Lay held it open. “[Oh, weren’t you going to go inside?]”, he asked.

            “[Ah, uhm… ye… but…]”, you panicked but told the truth since you have mixed feelings and deep inside you wanted to continue your job. You wanted to continue seeing your idol up close and support him in the best way you can.

            “[Then please, go inside, Ms.”,  Lay spoke bluntly. “[I won’t hold it for you too long if you still won’t enter.]”

            “[Oh, okay. Sorry, I will enter,]”, you sighed. Lay was right though even if it would seem quite rude to others but it was the truth he was telling.

            As expected of Lay. You thought as you followed him inside. You can hear the music playing in the room and the other members were practicing their dance. It must have been a new song for their comeback since surely you’ve heard all of EXO’s song and this one is new to you.

            You continued to walk behind Lay as if you were following him. You weren’t actually, you were just hiding yourself as much as you can. You didn’t want your presence to be felt by any of the members inside - So you walked cautiously.

            The man you were trailing stopped and you still shadowed next to him, unable to look up and search the room. You were nervous to see the member’s faces up close and you wouldn’t also know what to do if they saw you. It probably won’t be a big deal for them but as a fan, for you it is.

            Lay noticed you behind him and turned towards you. “[Oh, why are you there? Are you following me? What are you supposed to do here anyway?]”

            “[Oh… I’m… supposed to-]”, you stuttered and started rubbing your fingers..

            Lay was reminded of something because of your actions,

            In a moment, Lay figured it out. “[Oh, aren’t you the fan from before? You speak Korean now?]

            “[H-how did you-]”, you asked.

            “[I knew this bickering of yours is so familiar.]”,

             “[It’s amazing that you know Korean now”, Lay continued. “Oh and you’re a staff now? Amazing. You must have been a hard working person.]”

            He still remembered me. Daebak. An idol remembers me!

            “[Ah, aniya. I don’t think so.]”, you humbly replied rubbing the back of your neck.

            “[Ehh, you must be because you’re fan and they made you a staff.]”, Lay insisted. “[What are you supposed to do here anyway? Were you supposed to call a member?]”

            “Ah… actually, yes.”, you told him.

            “[Who? I’ll help you call him.]”, Lay volunteered.        

            In that second, Zhang Yixing was suddenly your savior. You couldn’t say no to his offer because you needed this remedy.

            “[Oh, really, Lay-ssi? Kansahamnida!]”, you bowed to him twice with a smile that won’t vanish on your face. You were so much grateful that he’s willing to help even if you just met him. You didn’t have to lose the job after all thanks to him.

            “[Ne, ne, but who is it I’m going to call?]”

            “[Oh, it’s …Ch-Chanyeol-ssi, Sehun-ssi and Baekhyun-ssi.]”, you explained. “[Please tell them to go to Ms. Hyun Jae’s office.]”

            “[Okay. I will. You can go now, Ms.-? What’s your name?]”

            “[Oh, it’s ___.]”, you shyly told him as you flee away.

            “[Wait-]“, Lay tried to halt you but you already traveled far.

            You faced back at him thinking that he called you again.

            “[Kansahamnida, really. I owe you! Lay-ssi.]”, you bowed once again to him and left the room. Thank God for Zhang Yizing.

            “[I didn’t hear her name.]”, Lay spoke scratching his head as he watched her leave.

 

 

            “Chanyeol-ah, Baekhyun, Sehunnie, a staff told me that you guys should go to Ms. Hyung Jae’s office.”, Lay said as he approached the members practicing.

            “Ah, ne, hyung.”, Chanyeol replied.

            Chanyeol called the other two. “Kaja? (Let’s go).”

            “I wonder what’s this about.”, Baekhyun muttered.

            The three left the practice room and went to Ms. Hyun Jae’s office right away.

    

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter