chap 5.

Ugly Duckling

“How long do you plan on staring at your phone” Hoseok announced as he was ready to go meet up with Yoongi, it seemed like the boy had made more progress than his own friend had in a hour long span. Frustrated with the situation Hoseok took the phone out of kyungsoo’s sweaty hands and typed a message that most likely sound like his friend and hit the send button. That got Kyungsoo moving from his spot, while the other ran out their apartment with a sense of urgency.

“Hoseok you are so dead” kyungsoo whispers under his breath as he began reading the message sent.

The message read: Meet you at the school cafe in 15 min, if I don't see you there you're dead meat.

Including the knife emoji at the end. Is that how I sound through text. kyungsoo thought to himself as he made his way to the nearby school cafe with the possibility that the other would not show, but to his surprise Chanyeol sat in near the window checking his phone every few minutes. As kyungsoo approached he began to feel a tad guilty the boy might have gone to the bookstore on the way to the cafe and he might have spent more than 10 minutes wandering around, but in his defense he wasn't sure that chanyeol was going to show and he didn't want to be left looking like a fool. He entered the cafe with guilt, as he walked towards chanyeol who threw his hands up in the air.

“I've been waiting for 29 minutes, kyungsoo I thought you were better than me” chanyeol spoke as he scolded kyungsoo for being late to their meeting.

“I know that's why I'm apologizing. I'm sorry for making you wait in my defense you didn't respond so I thought you weren't coming.” Kyungsoo explained as he sat down while Chanyeol nodded.

“Wait what… I didn't think you needed any reassuring your text message could make anyone come faster than a lighting bolt. It was very threatening” Chanyeol took a sip of his tea as he was talking more than he planned too, his goal literally was to make kyungsoo do all the work as he went on the a date with the hottest girl in school, but by the looks of it those plans won't be happening any time soon. He waited till he had Kyungsoo’s attention too speak, since the boy was busy placing his order of orange juice and a chocolate muffin that he was paying attention.

“Let's get to the point-’

‘Right Jongup and your friend interviewed others, so I propose we don't do that. I say we write our thoughts about first impressions and things we said about each other hopefully you kept those thought to yourself. Here paper get too writing” being interrupted Chanyeol got too writing after all he wouldn't go against kyungsoo’s wishes that be instant death. He watched Kyungsoo write with no idea of what he should write, first thing he is short, has big eyes, devilish, and doesn't own any other colored clothes other than black. Sassy, probably wants everything his own way. Has probably killed someone. chanyeol thought as he wrote it down he site didn't want to write his initial thoughts it'd probably just hurt the boy.

Kyungsoo on the other got real deep on his first impression of Chanyeol he wanted to get across a message which was words can hurt too. Let's see, he's looked very wealthy probably because he is, knows how to dress and no doubt a handsome man with big ears. Probably crazy because his hair is dyed red which is very unprofessional. And lastly rude does not understand that he can hurt others with his words. Kyungsoo wrote down.

After a while of writing both decided to open a slideshow and talk about what they had written with the exchange of papers.

“That's it, what about the part where you thought I looked emo, or that you probably think I'm a depressing person because I wear black”  Kyungsoo argued as he read the sheet of paper that Chanyeol had written in.

“Just so you you said that not me, and yeah I thought you were rude to. As a fact yeah I thought you were emo I've never seen a someone wear all black everyday and you don't even smile. For your information girls like my big ears.”

“Why are you getting so defensive, plus your approach made me react the way I did. Also in no way did I mean to say that your big ears where bad you assumed”

“I assumed because you can send very threatening messages.” Going back and forth arguing about what they really thought they ended up leaving too argue somewhere private so other people don't start talking. After their heated discussion on how they should have approached each other and how much they don't like each other because of differences.

“Okay fine i apologize for the things I said” kyungsoo bowed.

“Aish, fine I apologize for saying things to you” chanyeol sat on the ground of kyungsoo’s apartment in silence. Waiting for the other too speak kyungsoo took the initial and spoke breaking the silence.

“I'm not emo I just wear black because I think matching outfits with colors is irritating, and your elf ears are cute” with a big smile chanyeol ruffled kyungsoo’s black hair in different directions. At the end both got to know each other although they didn't agree on certain things. While at it they got too working on their project and managed to finish and with that Chanyeol got a taste of Kyungsoo's cooking.

“Hey, I know that you use your all too block hurtful things, but don't forget to use that strength too love everything about you. And your eyes are actually cute” Chanyeol spoke as he walked out of kyungsoo's apartment. For the first time in meeting the boy he received the most beautiful heart shaped smile that made him forget the date with the hottest girl on campus.

“I wish that loving myself was as easy as saying it” kyungsoo whispered as he closed his door and lost his smile. Knowing and accepting himself was the hardest thing after having constantly being out down, so no chanyeol I can't afford to love myself when I'm constantly put down by others that once included you.

 

bye bye