Chap 4.

Ugly Duckling

Kyungsoo looked at all the animals in the shelter in awe his eyes grew watery as he watched the caged dogs and cats, barking and meowing begging the boy to take them home.

“Come on Kyungsoo don't cry, no one will judge you if you can't adopt all the animals right guys” Baekhyun had his arm over Kyungsoo as he sniffles and held back his tears.

“But if you ask your dad I bet he'd let you keep half of them at his place” Jongup suggested innocently.

“Jongup you're not helping. Kyungsoo how about we decided if you want a cat or a dog first.” Hoseok played with the dogs through the cage, meanwhile Jongin almost adopted all the dogs in the adoption center with Kyungsoo cheering him on both with the idea of adopting all the animals. At the end of the day Kyungsoo adopted a black furred kitty with the help of Baekhyun who mentioned that the cat reminded him of Kyungsoo with the big eyes and his sense of fashion with the everyday black wear. Jongin on the other hand ended up adopting a small bulldog who was abandoned at birth, not that hoseok and Jongup pressured him to do it….maybe a little.

 

“Oh look they get along” Baekhyun cooed as the two new pets played together.

“What are you guys naming them”

“I don't know”

“Brown, I'm naming him brown” Jongin announced as he played tug of war with dogs chew toy. After discussing the names for both pets they concluded that brown was a lame name and ended up calling the puppy Kai and after lots of brainstorming the kitty's name, naming it darkness.

 

“It's been two days guys and this project is due in a week, I have no clue what I'm doing” Kyungsoo cried out as the the other two happily drank their coffee and handmade cookies from Kyungsoo.

“Yeah none of us do, but look at the bright side-”

“Where not dead yet” Jongup interrupted with a sweet smile that radiated imaginary flowers.

“Again you're not helping the situation. But weren't you all bossy and sassy.”

“I was but I don't want too talk too him…..But I will tonight…”

“Nooo, I can't I will melt away if I text Yoon Gi…agh fine” Kyungsoo smiled and now looked to his left where jongup sat the boy smiled sweetly and brought out his phone apparently he was already himchan’s sorta texting buddy, their conversations were weird in a sense where one flirted and the other well didn't quite get it.

“Jongup sometimes I’d hate to be the other person on the other side, but loving the conversation” Hoseok chuckled as he read and then turned into hysterical laughter coming from him, jongup looked at him confused then to Kyungsoo who took the phone out the laughing boy.

You wanna go out? Seriously no way.

Where do you want to go. Pfft.

Date?.

Oh it's April 17. Aww jongup you're so adorable.

No like a date.

Which date yesterday's or the day before.

A romantic date. I can feel his frustration in this.” Kyungsoo said looking at the phone with a smile he was amazed in his friend, he knew jongup was slow but he sure was being extremely slow and oblivious in the conversation. Jongup sipped his coffee confused with his friends reaction he was sure himchan was asking for the date, but then it went somewhere weird not that he minded Himchan had a place in his heart.

Like twilight. You watched twilight, never mind don't answer.

Uh yeah sure. So do you want to go on a “romantic date”

Oh am I Bella….are you VAMPIRE.

No not a vampire. Ah how about we work on the project instead. Wednesday good for you” kyungsoo looked up laughing, he couldn't contain his laughter Jongup was being adorable in Kyungsoo's mind.

“Isn't it tomorrow, wish you all of the best luck.”

 

Wednesday came by and jongup was in no way nervous about his meeting with himchan after all they were doing is working on the project. As he drank his orange juice and hummed to himself, himchan began to approach the table and as always eyes were on him the boy had a great sense of fashion and always looked fashionable.

“Hey Jongup, ready to-”

“Yes I was thinking about interviewing people about our looks, we can later collected data and analyzed it. Then we will be set. Oh sorry did I interrupt you.” Jongup smiled sweetly. With that simple smile Himchan melted in his seat with the conclusion that he'd take things things slower than he already was, although he wasn't sure how slow is slow. He continued to give Jongup all his attention as the boy continued explaining, sure he was giving Jongup all the attention but when the boy stood himchan realized that he had been lost in his own thoughts of the boy.

“Come, let's get started” extending his arm out to him.

“Wait, Moon are you sure you want to do this, some people don't hold back, and I don't want you to get hurt by words.” Himchan held on too his warm hand.

“i've heard the worst this'll be child's play” jongup smiled sweetly, it made Himchan wonder what the boy has been through.

 

Jongup’s POV

Ouch, I was being held on by my collar and I was sure I was going to pass out. I knew I shouldn't have stood up for myself, but I'm tired of all the bullying. I'm tired of having too cry myself to sleep because I'm not like everyone else on top of that my looks they make me wish I was never born. I just wish I was respected and loved like the other boys in my class. I don't understand what's so wrong about me, might be because of my nose or my personality. At this point I'd rather be dead. I refuse to be in a world where I'm not loved because of how I look.

“Leave him alone” a boy with big bright eyes and white as snow saved me from my daily torture. I was released I felt the oxygen in my blood flows through my body. As I sat on the ground pleading my bullies leave me alone, I lost consciousness.

I woke up too the same big bright eyes, his pale skin was bruised with millions of small cuts and it was all my fault.

“Hey it's okay they already left. Oh I got you some ice for your arm and band aids for the cuts” I was being taken care of, he was so selfless and kind towards me even after being hurt himself.

“What about you, your lip is bleeding. This is all my fault you got hurt because of me” he tilted his head and with a smile shook his head we sat under the school's tree in a comfortable silence for a while we helped each other with our battle scars.

“You know I've been having a lot of bad days lately that I was tired of living I didn't see a reason for it I mean no one likes me. And it was like I was done no one ever asks me if I'm okay, but too think that there would be at least one person who would defend me made me feel special. Thank you, today is my one good day”

 

“Hey Moon, are you okay? You seem spaced out. Oh was it her comments about your clothes because I can help you with that” Himchan held on too him as he began to break from his flashback of his elementary school days. He smiled warmly.

“I'm fine, today is a good day”

bye bye