Chapter Nine

Love Blossom

The way back to the hotel had a heavy atmosphere. None of the two ever spoke. The lass glued her eyes through the window and the other astonished by what happened earlier ago. This was not what Sehun had in mind when he prepared all those things just to make her smile. 'Was it all in vain?' he asked himself. 'Was this the reason why she asked to do these activities today?' he continued to bombard himself with questions inwardly. What would happen now? As soon as they set foot in the hotel they are never going to be the same again. It only has been four days and yes it was such a short time but to him, he thought it was special. 

Sehun tightened his grip on the steering wheel, biting his lower lip to contain his frustration. He understood the fact that Joohyun means well but it wasn't just hers to decide. Trying for the nth time, he broke the silence. "Bae, let's talk this through. No matter how I think about it, this isn't just yours to decide." Joohyun, whose gaze is still outside the window replied, "My decision won't change, Hun. If I have to think of another way to merge the companies without us marrying each other, I'll never stop brainstorming."

 

"Why are you so stubborn?" he exclaimed. "You know very well that the merging won't happen as long as we don't get married!"

 

"I get that! But I want to try!" she shouted. "We're being forced into this kind of scheme just for the sake of the company. Right from the start, I never approved of it. I just have enough courage now to disobey for the first time." Joohyun knew that she wasn't making any sense. Things happened so fast and new feelings began to blossom. "Why disobey now?! I get it, we were forced into this but it wasn't so bad right? We were getting along and having fun." Sehun tried to reason out, confusion and frustration can be felt through his words. Joohyun knows how unreasonable she's being but she just can't continue the lie. "Our feelings are far more important than the company, Hun. Don't you want to be free? Don't you want to tell your father and mother that you already have someone you love?"

 

"You know what I think? This is just you being selfish." The lad said while calming himself down. "Think whatever you want. As soon as we get back, we'll never see each other again." Joohyun ended the conversation. The heavy feeling thickened and this time, it continued until they arrived at their own respective hotel rooms. Just when the two finally set foot at the door step of Joohyun's room, Sehun grabbed hold of her wrist without any second thoughts. "Bae, come on. We can work this out." Sehun begged but receieved nothing as a response from the other. "I know that you had fun these past few days, you can't deny that. So why must we go through this? Let's forget about this and just continue having fun, hm? What do you say?" The lass whose head is lowered now finally gained courage to look at the lad's eyes. She tool his hands and slowly held it. "I know that what I'm doing is childish and meaningless, but I don't want both of us to suffer. You may end up hating me for this but I will still go for it because I know that you deserve so much more." Sehun could not express the emotion he's currently feeling when he saw the other's smile as she smiles at him. It was full of regret. Joohyun let go of his hand and continued to wear her facade. "I'm sorry." were the last words that escaped from before she withdraws herself inside her room, leaving Sehun flabbergasted at all the events that happened.

 

All her life, she thought that love is something that you must feel once you and the person involve have known each other for a long time. But what she experienced made her realized that it was not about the length of the time but of the memories shared. 'Girls who fall easily are lame.' she thought to herself and blaming herself as to why she had to bear such feelings for a man who already has someone he loves. "Don't kid yourself, Joohyun. He never liked you. Stop being a kid." she muttered to herself. Call her a drama queen but there's no one to blame. The lass bawled her eyes out until she finally fell asleep.

 

In the next room, Sehun plopped himself on the bed and released a deep sigh for nth time. He couldn't understand what Joohyun's been thinking. And now, he has to return to Seoul tomorrow along with her and her bad news. "I just don't know anymore..." he blurted out. "I need to do something about this." plopping himself on his bed, he began to rummage through his things looking for his cellphone. As soon as he saw it, he quickly dialed his mother-in-law's number. While ringing, Sehun took some deep breaths, he doesn't know if Joohyun already told her but its worth the shot. After four rings, Joohyun's mom answered. "Hello, Sehun dear. I'm glad you called, are you two having fun?" Joohyun's mom asked which Sehun took as a sign that Joohyun haven't told them anything, yet. This was his chance. "Uh yes, mother. We're having a blast. Unfortunately, we'll be going back to Seoul tomorrow. You don't need to pick us up, I'll just bring Joohyun home." he sweetly told his mother-in-law earning a chuckle from the other."Oh dear, why so soon? But I guess, its okay. We'll be looking forward to your arrival tomorrow."

 

"And mother..." he called out through his phone, this time in a serious tone which Joohyun's mom noticed. She asked softly, "Yes, dear?" Sehun lowered his head and his voice this time sounds a bit vulnerable or so that's what the mother felt and heard. "I promise to make your daughter happy. I promise to make sure the wedding would be perfect." Joohyun's mother smiled. While listening, she knew that her daughter and him were not getting a long and may be getting into a lot of fight but she strongly felt Sehun's strong love through that phone call. "I leave my daughter to you then, Sehun. Thank you." with that, Sehun ended the call and layed down on his bed after. Staring at the ceiling, he told myself that he wanted to make things right. "I have to do my best."