Chapter Six

Love Blossom

"Good morning!" Sehun greeted her with a wide smile as soon as she went out of her room. Earning a weird look from the other he cleared his throat. "How's your sleep? Did you sleep well?" he started bombarding her with questions which made the lass feel a bit astonished. "Did you eat something weird? It's early, don't bother me." she replied coldly, decided to just walk ahead of Sehun making her way towards the lobby of the hotel to eat breakfast. "Hey, wanna go somewhere today? I mean it's just the third day and like it or not we have to stay here for a week. What do you say?" he insisted making Joohyun stopped on her tracks and look at him. "What do you want, Oh? What's the catch?" she exhaustedly asked which results to Sehun dropping his act and wore his usual expression. "Look we don't like each other, I get it. But just for today, just for today can't we just get along? We are engaged and I feel bad about what I said yesterday.. just this once and if you still don't like it then fine, I'll leave you alone." Hearing what he said, Joohyun stayed quiet for a few second. Looking at him, she saw that the guy wasn't joking and is quite serious about it so not giving it much thought she nodded. "Fine. There's nothing much I can do anyway since we are engaged and my mom wants me to send photos." Sehun nodded twice, his smile slowly widening as he led the two of you to the lobby.

 

Seated at one of the vacant seats, the said couple is now waiting for their food. Couldn't take the silence anymore, Sehun finally spoke. "Is there any place you wanna go to?" he finally asked, Joohyun blinked before answering. "I don't know, anywhere's fine. Oh but mall sounds good." nodding in response, Sehun smiled a bit. "mall it is then." 

 

"You're being weird." Joohyun blurted out.

 

Sighing, Sehun looked Joohyun straight in the eyes. "Look, I feel really bad about what I said yesterday so I might as well do something to make you forgive me. We may hate each other but I stil have conscience."

 

"Then are you the one who tucked me to sleep?" she asked making the lad clear his throat awkwardly, a tint of blush appearing on his face. "Well, I saw you sleeping on the floor so I thought I should help you."

 

"I see. Thank you, then." Joohyun said softly and this made Sehun look at her, his mouth forming an 'O' shape. "W-What?" she asked diverting her gaze to somewhere and is noticed by the lad across her. "Nothing. I guess you can say thank you once in a while." he said while chuckling. "Now that is rude, I'm not that bad. It just turns out that you're a jerk that is why I hate you." she argued. Sehun was left flabbergasted and was just about to argue some more when the waiter came back with their food on the tray. Letting the waiter put all the food on the table, the lad just sighed and motioned Joohyun to eat so the two of them can go to the beach after.

 

-

 

It has been an hour and the two was finally done with their meal, making sure that they didn't leave any valuable things they now proceeded to the parking lot where Sehun's car had been parked. When they arrived at the lot, Sehun opened the door for Joohyun, who hopped inside the vehicle after. Closing the car, the lad quickly went to his side the driver's seat and started the engine. "How far is the mall here?" Joohyun asked, her gaze glued outside the window as soon as the lad started driving. "Thirty minutes, not that far from here." Glancing at Joohyun twice, he saw her smiling at what she sees and this made him smile as well before turning his attention back to the road. The way to the mall was quiet but it wasn't awkward, it was pretty much relaxing. 

 

After half an hour of driving, the two finally arrived at the mall and Joohyun was shocked by the amount of people walking around. After Sehun parked the car, Joohyun took hold of the hem of Sehun's shirt which made the lad confuse. "Oh, there's too may people." Sehun looked around and noticed that what the lass had said was true. Turning his gaze back to her he shrugged. "Well yeah, this is a tourist spot after all. Why? Something wrong?" he asked but Joohyun just shooked her head. "I-It's nothing. Let's go." she said but is not letting go of his shirt. Sehun noticed this behavior and just sighed grabbing her hand to hold it instead. "This is much better than holding my shirt. Let's go." he said, pulling the lass by the hand as the two of them finally walked inside the mall.

 

Seeing tons of new clothes and things to buy, Joohyuns eyes never stopped roaming around. "Where do you wanna go first?" Sehun asked breaking the trance. "Oh, I don't know." she answered and was just about to say the movies when suddenly she remembered what Taehyung told her yesterday. "Oh! Arcade. Is there an arcade here?" Joohyun's question caught Sehun off guard but nodded nontheless. "Yeah, every mall has one. Why?" he asked making Joohyun nod a bit. "Taehyung said arcades are fun and he said he'll take me to one next time. But since we're here already I wanna know what it looks like." she excitedly answered noticing the scowl that Sehun wore for a moment before replacing it with his usual thin smile. "Taehyung? the guy yesterday? I see." he muttered, his eyes not leaving hers. "You two must have been close already." he added and did not miss the smile Joohyun made when she heard what you said. "Yeah, he's a nice guy. Funny, too." Sehun rolled his eyes in annoyance before holding her hand tight. "If you wanna see it so badly then let's go there." he said sternly, pulling the lass in a hard way as he walk. "Hey, Oh. It hurts." she complained, indicating about how hard his grip on her hand is but Sehun didn't listen and just continued to walk towards the arcade.

 

-

 

Standing at the middle, Joohyun stared at the so called arcade in front of her. Her eyes started sparkling at how lively and colorful the said place was. Sehun chuckled when he saw how she looked at the place. "What are you waiting for? Let's go inside." he said pulling the lass inside to get some tokens so the two of them could start playing. While waiting for the lad, something caught Joohyun's attention. A machine that is full of stitch plushie. Poking the lad's arm with her other hand, she pointed at the machine right after he turned his head a bit to look at her. Sehun who just got the tokens from the lady turned his attention to her and saw that she's pointing at a machine with a  bunch of stitch plushies inside. Chuckling, he ruffled her hair. "I'll just buy you one, that machine is a cheater." he said making the lass' eyebrows meet each other. "How can a machine be a cheater?" she innocently asked but only received a sigh from the other. "It's hard to explain. Let's just pick something else." Walking around, the two started playing random games with Sehun teaching Joohyun at all games they approach. Having fun without having any bickerings happening it was a world record or that is what Sehun thinks. Inserting a token from a basketball game he watched as Joohyun keep shooting some balls even though the other balls doesn't go inside the net. Seeing her struggle and try her best at what she's playing the lad couldn't help but smile. 'She's not so bad' he thought remembering what he did yesterday as he tuck the lass to sleep. Remembering such event, he messed his hair slightly confusion enveloped his entire visage. 'What's with you since yesterday?' he asked himself in his thought. With his gaze not leaving Joohyun he leaned his back on the wall, but his gaze was averted when his phone started ringing. Fishing his phone out of his pocket he saw that the caller  is Wendy. Remembering that Wendy still doesn't know about his engagement, he turned around and answered the call moving someplace quiet forgetting about Joohyun who is almost done with the game.

 

"Hi, babe." Sehun greeted as soon as he answered the call. He heard Wendy started complaining about how he hang up on her yesterday and don't tell her anything that is going on about him. Sighing, Sehun started thinking of an excuse.

 

"Look, I'm sorry okay? I've just been busy." he said as an excuse, he was not ready to tell her about the engagement yet.

 

"Is there someone else? Tell me and don't lie, Oh Sehun." Wendy asked on the other line. 

 

"Wh-What are you talking about? Of course not! No one but only you, Wendy. I'm just really busy. How can you think like that?" he retorted in an irritated way making Wendy on the other line sigh.

 

"I'm sorry, babe. I understand.. I have class now but, I'll call again later okay?"

 

"Yeah, okay. Good luck." he said, sighing inwardly due to nervousness.

 

"I love you, Sehun."

 

Sehun paused for a moment then answered. "I love you, too." he waited for Wendy to hang up before going back to the spot where Joohyun was playing but saw no one. "Bae?" he called out but she didn't respond. Sehun looked around but he couldn't find her. "Bae?" he called out again and this time he was panicking.

 

"Bae Joohyun!"

 

~

I will try to update one more chapter tonight if ever I feel good or nah.