Chapter Two

Love Blossom

“Dear, you should contact Sehun and tell him to accompany you. Today, the two of you will pick what kind of style you'll be using for the invitation so we can start preparing for the list of guests. Oh, buying a wedding ring is today as well.” Her mother explained but Joohyun wasn’t listening. Last night’s event was dreadful enough and yet she must marry that Sehun guy. With her nodding at her mother’s every word, she fished out her phone from her pocket sending that jerk a message.

 

To: Arsehole

Mom asked to buy wedding rings today. Meet me at the Nexus mall at 10am.

 

Not waiting for a reply, Joohyun threw her phone on the couch, enjoying herself while eating a slice of blueberry cheesecake her mother had baked for her. But just when she was about to take the last bite, her phone beeped.

 

From: Arsehole

Like I would go. Tell her I’m with you, but instead go buy alone. I’m with my girlfriend, don’t bother me.

 

After reading the lad’s reply, the lass’ eyebrow twitched in annoyance. “That .” she muttered to herself, typing a reply angrily.

 

To: Arsehole

You must come idiot. I’ll be waiting at the mall, if you don’t come all your evil doings will be known to the world. Your choice.

 

Devouring her cheesecake in a fast pace she quickly went to her room and changed into her favorite casual wear. Joohyun told the driver to bring her to the mall. If her human strength is not normal, her phone might have been crushed by now. Feeling mad just by remembering his name, the lass took a deep breath twice for her to survive. Still not receiving a reply, Joohyun was thinking of a reason to tell her mom why Sehun wasn’t with him. ‘That jerk causing trouble' she complained in her thought. The heavens must be helping her though, after a quick drive, she finally arrived at the meeting place and that right time she received a reply from the lad.

 

 

From: Arsehole

Still not coming, sad to be you.

 

“Ugh! So immature!” she shouted making everyone around her look at her suspiciously. She told the driver to just go home and don’t wait for her since she can go home alone. Looking around the mall, she realized how elegant it looked. Walking inside she saw various shops to her liking. Without Sehun to accompany her, she’s all alone to pick their wedding rings. How embarrassing, right? Instead of wasting her time, she decided to just pick anything and buy it so she could go home early. Walking inside the nearest jewelry shop she could find, she started looking around. After a few minutes, an employee of the shop finally walked towards her. “What’re you looking for, miss?” she asked with a smile. “Let me see your collection of wedding rings.” She straightforwardly said, making the employee blink in surprise but still led Joohyun to where the wedding rings are. “What kind do you want? There are plenty to choose from so take your time, miss.” The employee informed Joohyun who is currently staring at all the rings in front of her. “How would you know it’s a good ring then?” Joohyun asked innocently making the employee chuckle at her innocence. “For our shop, our jewelries are made from Italy and was designed by the most talented people. It is real diamonds, of course.” Joohyun nodded at what the employee said but just end up deciding to buy the most expensive ones. “I’ll take the most expensive pair, I don’t really know much about that stuff.” She blurted out. “Oh and just deliver that to this address, please.” She said while handing the employee a piece of paper with the Oh’s address on it. “Here’s my card.” She added, giving her card to the employee. While waiting for her card, Joohyun looked around the shop. ‘It must be fun to shop if you’re with the person you love.’ This thought made her smile, but only for a mere second. ‘It really is sad to be me. Why do I have to marry that guy?!’ she groaned, going back to the counter to retrieve her card along with the rings she had bought. After paying, Joohyun left that shop and is now wandering around the mall. “The invitations, he should do it. That jerk.” She complained.

 

-

 

Walking around the mall sure wasn’t fun. With five shopping bags on her hand, Joohyun fished her phone out of her pocket thinking of calling their driver to bring her home instead. But just when she’s about to make a call, her mother started calling. “Mother? What is it?” she asked as soon as she answered the call. “I’m telling you just in case but our driver isn’t available, honey. If you’re going home, do tell Sehun to bring you home. You’re with him, right?” her mother said and this made Joohyun nervous. “Uh, yes mother. He’s here.” She unconsciously answered. “That is good. Tell him to bring you home and come by our house, I have something to give him anyway.” What her mother said made Joohyun scream on the inside. “O-Oh, I see. I understand mother. We’ll just call you then.” She said before hanging up. Looking around to see if there’s anyone around, when she saw that she was alone by the parking lot she screamed. “THAT JERK! HE’S SO GONNA PAY!” panting after that, she started dialing the jerk’s number. ‘Good thing mother gave me his number.’ She said in her thought as she waits for the lad to answer her call. After five times of calling, Sehun finally answered the call. “How dare you make me wait. Why aren’t you answering my call?” she said straightforwardly as soon as he answered the call. “I’m with my girlfriend, quit bothering me.” He said making Joohyun cursed the guy in her head. “Mother said to take me home, she has to give you something as well so you are obliged to do so.” Hearing some weird noises on the other line, Joohyun couldn’t take it anymore. “I’m at Nexus’ parking lot. I’m alone here so you can spot me easily. Come if you don’t want our parents to know that you’re actually busy making out with another woman.” Joohyun irritatedly ended the call before he could respond, sighing deeply as her strength was drained just by talking to him on the phone.

 

Pacing back and forth, it has been an hour since Joohyun called Sehun but he still hasn’t come. Clenching her fist because of the anger she’s feeling, she quickly dialed his number again, him answering it after four rings. “Where in the blazes are you? It’s freezing out here.” She complained but her voice remained cold. “I’m already near. Sheesh, stop nagging.” Sehun answered making the lass’ eyes roll in annoyance. When she was about to complain some more, a black matte Ferrari stopped in front of her making her eyes widened. Letting the windows down, Sehun looked at Joohyun while wearing an irritated expression. “Aren’t you getting in? Should I leave you here?” he said making the girl roll her eyes in annoyance. ‘’ She cusses on her mind while getting inside the car. Tossing the shopping bags on the backseat, Joohyun broke the silence that is lingering inside the vehicle. “The rings will be delivered at your home since your mom wanted to see it. Pretend like you’re the one who picked it.” She said while wearing her usual poker faced. “Whatever.” Was the only response he could give making the other sigh in exasperation. The drive way home was quiet and the atmosphere was heavy, but Joohyun was used to that kind of feeling. It’s always been that way because of her father. After an hour drive, they finally arrived at her home. Hopping off the car, Joohyun motioned Sehun to the hold the bags for her earning a scowl from the other. “Why should I? That’s yours.” Rubbing her temples due to the stress he was giving her she explained, “You’re the one who said to act properly. Are you not going to do your part?” she said while handing him the bags, which he took from her after a minute of complaining. Inviting herself and Sehun inside the house, she bowed to her mother who is currently at the living room watching some new cooking show. “I’m home, mother. Sehun is here as well.” She informed her mother with a smiled before settling herself beside her mother. Watching Sehun bow in respect and talk to her mother like an angel, the lass wanted to puke. “Good evening, mother. How are you?” he asked gently making Joohyun’s mother blush. “Oh dear, I feel well. Thank you for bringing my daughter home.” She said while patting Sehun’s back. “Oh no, it is my duty to keep her safe.” He replied smoothly. Joohyun snorted low enough not for her mother to hear. “Oh, such gentleman. Aren’t you lucky dear?” her mother asked Joohyun, but the lass just rolled her eyes in annoyance which her mother didn’t see of course. “You said you wanted to give him something mother. What is it?” she asked, changing the topic. “Oh, yes. I almost forgot.” Reaching out on her side, she handed Sehun a one big paper bag making him put Joohyun’s shopping bags on the floor. “What is this, mother?” Sehun also asked curiously. Joohyun’s mother smiled and patted his cheek before answering, “That is my father’s treasure and I want you to have it. You are a part of our family now.” Her mother started to shed some tears but only for a moment. Sehun hugged Joohyun’s mother tightly while wearing his angelic smile. “Thank you mother, I will keep and treasure this from now on.” Wiping the tears on his mother’s eyes, he bowed once again. “I must go now, it’s getting late. Goodnight, mother and Joohyun.” He bid goodbye, walking out of the house after.

“Isn’t he such a sweetheart?” her mother giggled which made Joohyun feel so nauseated but pretended not to.

“Really? Guess so.” She answered flatly, her expression stoic.

 

~

Chapter Two's done. Do tell me what you think by commenting down below and please don't forget to subscribe. :)