Chapter Eight

Love Blossom

It is finally their fourth day at Jeju and things were starting to become good between the two. But Joohyun realized that it wasn't suppose to be that way. That night, after walking on the seaside with Sehun, she told him that she wanted to get some rest and the lad respected that. The two went back to their rooms after they bid goodbye. Flashes of last night's events continued to haunt Joohyun. She is now settled at the balcony of her room, thinking of how she will explain to Sehun the decision she had thought of the whole night. This is the right decision. It was wrong of her to get married to someone who already has someone he loves. "Now what will I do with father.." she mumbled to herself. This selfishness of hers has a huge chance of bringing the company down and this is what's scaring her. She had to think of a way to convince her father that the marriage shouldn't be push through. Just when she's so focused, her concentration broke when she heard Sehun calling her name while approaching her. "I was knocking and calling you but you didn't seem to hear me so I went in instead. You alright?" he asked with concern and the lass replied with a nod. "I'm alright, just got a bit distracted, that's all." she explained. "Oh, alright. You ready? I have brought one basket full of food for us to eat for our picnic." he said with a huge smile on his face making Joohyun chuckle a bit. "I'm ready. Where are we going to have a picnic?" she asked curiously but Sehun said it was a secret. "You'll see when we get there. Come on." he urged her to follow him, his hand holding hers. The lass did not seem to mind, she found out yesterday that Sehun loves physical contact and she didn't find that uncomfortable at all. She just wanted to treasure all the momeries that she'll be making with him today.

 

The two went inside Sehun's car and drove all the way to where Sehun prepared the perfect picnic date. The drive on their way to the secret place was quiet. Joohyun remained silent but her thoughts won't stop running. Thinking of ways on how she'll be able to save the company without getting married. "Hey, Bae." Joohyun's head automatically turned when Sehun called her name, making the other laugh a bit. "What is it?" she asked, her eyes fixated on the lad. "Nothing. I just wanted to ask if you're having fun." he said earning a smile from the other. "Of course I am. You?" she asked back. "I guess I am."

 

'I guess, huh..' she thought 'If his girlfriend's here he would be having a lot of fun.'

 

The drive lasted for an hour but the view made all the fatigue go away. "Woah.." was all the lass could say when they finally arrived at the place where the two will be having their picnic. The Woljeongri Beach. "This place is amazing, Hun!" she exclaimed, her eyes sparkling. Instead of admiring the place, Sehun chose to watch Joohyun be moved. His smile doesn't seem to vanish from his face. "Do you like it?" he asked, the response he got from the other was priceless. "Do I like it? I love it, Hun! This place is mesmerizing!" she answered cheerfully. All the thoughts that dominated her mind now temporarily vanished due to the beauty of the place she is currently seeing. "I'm glad you like it. Come on, let's settle ourselves there." Sehun pointed at the nearest platform they could see. There, two chairs were placed along with a round table with a red white checkered placed on it. Everything was set up and Joohyun knew that it was Sehun's doing. "Wow, you really did prepare for this, huh." she said while following him towards the reserved place. "Of course I did. You thought of this yesterday so I want you to remember this as a wonderful memory." what Sehun said made Joohyun feel special. Too bad this will be the only memory the two of them were gonna have. "Thank you for the effort, Hun. I really appreciate it." she said, fastening her steps since the two of them were now close to the reserved chair. "I like it. It's cute." she chuckled. Sehun continues to watch Joohyun smile. An unknown feeling begins to sprung inside him, but he ignored that for now. All he wants is to savor this moment with her. 

 

"So, what did you bring?" Joohyun asked , settled on the yellow colored chair, she waited for Sehun to sit beside her and quickly take the food off the basket. "I brought fruits and sandwiches. If you want something else, we can just order." he said, taking the fruits and sandwiches out of the basket one by one. "This is enough. Did you make this?" with her brow slightly raised, she waited for the other's response. "Uh, yeah. So tell me if you don't like it. It's actually my first time making those even if it didn't require actual cooking." he laughed sheepishly. Joohyun stared at the lad for a moment and then divert her attention to the food that is in front of her. "Oh. You did? Wow, I'm actually touched. Thank you, Hun." Joohyun smiled sincerely, giving Sehun a peck on his cheek. "A thank you gift." she said before eating a piece of strawberry. While Joohyun was busy taking pictures of the view and the food that the lad prepared, Sehun remained stiffed. He did not expect Joohyun to give him a peck ont he cheek. 'For crying out loud, Sehun. It was just a peck stop being weird.' he told himself inwardly.

 

"Hey, you should eat." Joohyun poke him on the arm, trying to feed him a piece of grape. Sehun feeling bashful, quickly ate the grape from the lass' hand, hiding his abashed expression. "Thanks." he was able let go of the words without feeling totally embarassed. The two stayed there for hours, conversing about random stuff. They realized that they even get along and had a lot of comon grounds. Having fun like there's no tomorrow, having fun without a care in the world and without their parents' restrictions, it was a very memorable day for the both of them.

 

After hours of enjoying, it was getting dark and Sehun took this as a chance to have a bonfire with Joohyun. He fished his phone out of his pocket and texted his hired assistant to find someone who could make a bonfire within five minutes and signals if it was done. "Bae, we'll be having our bonfire after five minutes so look forward to it." he said to Joohyun who is now giggling. "Bonfire, finally!" she excitedly shouted. But as the two wait, Joohyun began to keep quiet, this is the time she'll be telling Sehun about her cancelling the marriage. Taking a deep breath, she was ready. 'Whatever happens, happens' she thought to himself.

 

Sehun's assistant sent him a message telling him that the bonfire's ready so the lad finally stood up from his chair. "Come on, everything's ready." he held Joohyun's hand as she stands and guided her to where the bonfire is. The two of them settled at the log that is laying there obviously for sitting. Joohyun took a photo of the bonfire along with Sehun but of course he wasn't aware. "Thanks again for preparing all this." she said breaking the silence. "It's nothing. I'm glad you're having a good time." handling Joohyun some marshmallos on a stick, the lass smile widened. "Marshmallows!" without wasting any second, she started to eat marshmallows that is put on the fire for mere minutes.

 

While Joohyun was busy eating, Sehun rubbed his nape and began to talk. "Hey, Bae. I'm sorry for my bad behavior ever since we met." he sincerely apologized. "I totally regret everything." Joohyun remained silent. She wanted to listen to him until he was done. "Ever since we stayed here, I started getting to know you and I actually had a lot of fun being with you. So thanks for staying." Joohyun smiled bitterly. "You know, I understand why you acted that way. We didn't know each other and yet we have to get married. The sad part is you have a girlfriend that you love and you're being forced to stay here with me. I'm the one who has to apologize." she confessed. It was true that until now she feels guilty of taking the man's happiness and freedom. "No. I'm not being forced. I liked it here with you, so don't say that." Sehun argued. Joohyun who stayed silent handed Sehun the remaining marshmallows she had and took a deep breath. "I had a lot of fun today. This has to be the greatest day of my life. But, Hun.. we have to cancel the wedding." she blurted out.

 

"What? Why? I thought we're okay now?" Sehun bombarded her with questions. "Because its not right! Think of your girlfriend who is currently worried about you. We can't do this, its selfish. I will talk to my dad and tell him to cancel everything."

 

"You can't do that." Sehun ordered. "Why not? We don't even like each other." Joohyun retorted and this time her cold facade is back. Sehun who is utterly confused right now can't say the right words to speak. "Y-You didn't feel anything?" he asked. Joohyun felt her heart break. Of course she did. She likes him. But she didn't want him to suffer. "No. I have to go. I have a flight back to our home tomorrow morning. I'm sorry." with that, Joohyun stood up and left Sehun sitting there alone. Confused and hurt.

 

-

the next chapter will be uploaded tonight. See you later, lovelies!