Chapter One

Love Blossom

“Father, Mother, Good morning.” Joohyun greeted with her eyes still half closed, earning a deep sigh from her mother. “Joohyun dear you are now nineteen, please greet us with a little more grace.” the lass just nodded, not caring about what her mother said. Serving herself with a glass of water, Joohyun’s father cleared his throat and for Joohyun, that was a reminder. “Joohyun, remember the dinner meeting we’ll be having tonight. Be at your utmost behavior, is that clear?” His father said, more like ordered but since she was used to it, the lass was unfazed. “Yes, father.” Was her only response before gulping the water that she got for herself. While drinking, her mother added “Joohyun, the dress that you’ll be wearing, have you decided?” wiping the excess water on her lips, she looked at her mother then smiled. “Of course mother, no need to worry. Now if you’ll excuse me, I will be upstairs doing my homework.” She excused herself before going back to her room. Plopping herself on the bed, Joohyun couldn’t help but groan in annoyance. She can handle her father’s strictness all her life but getting married to a guy she never even met, now that was absurd. Their family was known for being graceful, well-mannered and well, rich. Little did they know that their family is having the biggest crisis of the century. “Oh Sehun, not excited meeting him at all.” She muttered, rolling on the right side of the bed. Staring at the ceiling, her strong façade now turned into a vulnerable one. As if she’s reaching for the ceiling, she extended her hand. “Marriage, huh... Too bad I wasn’t able to experience real love before I got myself into this.” She snickered. No need to pity herself now, it is for her family’s well-being anyway. Feeling exhausted from all the overthinking she had the past week, she decided to just sleep it off.

 

-

 

It was already eight in the evening when the Bae family arrived at the restaurant where both families will be meeting. Yes, tonight is the night where both families are going to announce that Bae Joohyun and the son of the Oh family, Sehun will be getting married. As for the information Joohyun got from her father, only she knows about the arranged marriage. The guy named Sehun still doesn’t due to the fact he doesn’t go home often. ‘What kind of son is he?’ she complained only in her thought. Wearing a black fitted dress partnered with a three-inch heels, Joohyun have never felt so uncomfortable in her entire life. They may be the owner of one of the most prestigious clothing line but never she dreamed of wearing such uncomfortable clothes, forgot to mention too revealing. After half an hour, the Oh family finally arrived, except one. The son named 'Sehun' are nowhere to be seen and Joohyun’s father started getting bothered by it. “Where is Sehun? He’s late.” He started asking and to Joohyun, that was never good. Sehun’s father, the CEO of the Nexus Mall, coughed earning a confused look from her father. “He’s on his way. We apologize dear friend for making you wait.” Before her father respond to what the other had said, Joohyun’s mother butted in. “Oh no, it’s alright. We understand, we shouldn’t rush your son.” She answered before glaring at my father whose attention is now elsewhere.

 

After another half an hour of waiting, a guy finally entered the restaurant wearing a white formal wear. As he walk, the stares he’s getting from the customers, even from the employees are understandable given that the lad who is now walking is undeniably handsome. Black haired, such clear brown eyes and may look like a six foot in height yes, it is every girl’s dream, except Joohyun’s. When the lad stopped walking and is now standing in front of their table, Joohyun knew. That guy is no ordinary man. Wearing her usual stoic expression, she remained quiet and let the adults greet him, not that she cares anyway. “I apologize for being late, I was busy finishing my project that is due tomorrow.” He reasoned but the lass knew better. Sehun settled himself between his parents, flashing Joohyun’s parents a charming smile even if he doesn't know what is going on. “So, what is it that you want to talk about, Father? And who are they?” his question made everyone silent. His mother gently rubbed his back before answering, “Son, this is Joohyun and she will be your wife. We have decided to merge our mall Nexus to their company and as a way of trusting each other we decided to give you to an arranged marriage.” His mother calmly explained but the expression written on the lad’s face wasn’t. “What?” his tone remained innocent but only Joohyun noticed, Sehun’s eyes darkened. “You must accept this son, this is for our family.” His father said while looking at his son. After a moment of silence that lingered, Sehun finally smiled and nodded. “I understand. I am willing to get married for the sake of our family.” he announced making her mother cry in happiness. Joohyun couldn’t stand the façade he’s showing, standing up from her seat, she now have all of their attention. “You can all order without me, I will just go and get some fresh air.” She excused herself, making her way outside the restaurant leaving the others talking.

 

Closing her eyes, Joohyun took a deep breath. The meeting hasn’t even started yet but she’s already exhausted. She just realized then that it was already raining, this made her feel relaxed. She doesn’t know why but rainy season as well as winter season are her favorite. Maybe it’s because she’s lazy, she thought. Just when she was feeling relaxed, an unlikable aura started to spread throughout the area and Joohyun already knew to who this aura belongs. Turning around, she met Sehun, her fiancé face to face. Wearing her usual poker face, she started to speak. “What do you want?” she started not caring If she sounded rude or not. “Heh. I knew you weren’t easy. Just so you know, I never wanted this so don’t even think about me being nice to you.” He said but the lass remained a stoic expression. “I don’t care. I’m just doing my job as the only child of the family.” She answered and was about to go back inside when Sehun stopped her by grabbing her wrist. “They told me to get you so we’re going inside together. Now, I want you to act all nice and sweet to me.” He ordered which made Joohyun feel gross. “I’m not like some girl you can order around. Let go of me.” Taking Sehun’s hand off her, she glared daggers at the other. “I’m good at acting. You, on the other hand, should learn from me. You're bad at it.” She added, going back inside the restaurant after leaving the lad outside dumbfounded.

 

~

a/n: So yeah it's only the start. tell me what you think :)