Chapter Four

Love Blossom

It’s winter season and school’s finally done, for now. The lass named Bae Joohyun is currently settled at the veranda of the hotel room alone, while reading a book titled ‘Hush Hush’. It may not be obvious but Joohyun love novels with supernatural as one of the genres, it’s thrilling she says. Letting the snowflakes fall on the ground she has never felt so peaceful in her life, that is until someone ruined the mood. “Hey, get up. Let’s go eat lunch outside.” A rather annoying voice she heard, making her once peaceful mood turn into an annoying one. With no response, Joohyun closed her book leaving it at the chair as she stands up following the lad after who is now walking at least a meter ahead of her.

 

“So much for a happy vacation.” She blurted out making the other turn around to face her, he heard her. “Did you say something?” he asked in a sarcastic way, earning just a shrug from Joohyun. “Yeah well you pretty much heard it so why still ask, stupid.” She rolled her eyes in annoyance before heading to the restaurant leaving Sehun behind. Walking faster just to catch up, Sehun faced Joohyun with a scowl on his face. “I never wanted this. What? Did you expect me to be sweet to you?” the lad snorted. Joohyun was disheartened. Why did she expect something from him anyway? Keeping herself from getting annoyed even more, she looked at him. “Let’s just leave each other alone then. I never wanted this either anyway. Eat alone, I lost my appetite.” Walking out of the restaurant, Sehun was left standing in the middle of the earning strange stares from the other guests but he didn’t notice it. Messing his hair angrily, he groaned in annoyance. “She’s so annoying!”

 

-

(Two days earlier)

“V-Vacation? With him? At Jeju?” with agape, Joohyun stared at her mother in a confused way. “But mother this is so sudden, what if he does something to me?” she tried to make some excuses but her mother won’t budge. “Dear, Sehun’s a sweet guy. He’ll take care of you.” Her mother said in assurance, looking at the man beside Joohyun after. “Sehun, take care of my daughter, okay? I want both of you to send me pictures every day, you two will be staying there for a week after all.” She added. Sehun, on the other hand, remained calm and is smiling sweetly at her mother. “Don’t worry, mom. I’ll take care of her, it’s my duty as her husband.” He replied, which Joohyun quickly retorted. “We’re not married, yet.” Earning a slap on her shoulder by her mother, she remained silent after that. “You two will be married soon, so he is your husband dear. And isn’t he sweet? He’s the one who suggested this trip.” After hearing that, Joohyun stand up from her seat pulling the lad outside with her. “Excuse us for a moment, mother.”

 

“What’s this about?” she asked, her arms crossed over her chest. Sighing in exasperation, Sehun messed his hair while replying. “Got no choice, my dad ordered me to. Hey, I don’t want this either but I have no choice. If I don’t do this, my father’s going to cancel my credit cards. And that for me, is not good.” He explained making Joohyun’s brow meet each other. “Is that so? I’m not going then.” She answered quickly, she was about to go back inside when Sehun grabbed her wrist. “Oh come on, let’s help each other out here. Who knows, we might get to have some fun since our parents won’t be there. Doesn’t that sound so exciting to you?” he asked, more like pleading. The lass stayed quiet. He has a point though. She can do whatever she wants. Clearing , the silence has been broken. “Fine. I’ll go with you.” His smile widening, he grabbed hold both of her hands, “Awesome! Tomorrow’s the flight, start packing and I’ll pick you up.” He bid goodbye after that saying that he should go to his girlfriend to meet up with her, leaving the lass alone outside. Sighing, she went back inside after watching him drive away till he gets lost in her sight.

 

-

(Present)

 

It’s only the second day and she have never felt so exhausted in her entire life. Fighting with him seriously drains her energy. “That bastard, not careful of his words.” She muttered as she drinks her coffee. Staying at a café near the beach was a good choice, she felt a bit relaxed. Looking outside the window, she smiled watching the other couples admire each other while walking at the beach. She wondered what it must feel like to be in love. Trying to imagine it, she can’t get used to it seeing herself with a guy, blushing as he compliments her about how beautiful she is or how perfect she is to him. She snickered, “Stop dreaming, Joo. You don’t deserve such a thing.” She said to herself before taking another sip of her coffee.

 

Just then, she felt like someone was poking her shoulder. Turning to see who it was, she was met by a guy, a guy that is a bit tan but not totally tan. Staring at him she saw how innocent his smile was, if only that Sehun bastard could smile like that it would probably be nice. “I’m sorry for bothering you but the café’s already full and there’s no vacant seats left. I then saw you sitting alone and thought maybe I can share the table with you?” Joohyun was being deceived by his smile. Nodding as a response, she smiled at him while watching him settling himself across her.

 

Silence lingered for a few minutes and the guy couldn’t take it anymore. “I’m sorry for bothering you again. I’m Kim Taehyung, and you?” he extended his hand out, referring to a handshake. “Oh, I’m Bae Joohyun but you can call me Irene.” She answered extending her hand as well shaking hands with him after. “So, it’s obvious that you’re on vacation but who are you with?” he asked with a smile on his face and Joohyun couldn’t help but answer. “Just some friend, well an annoying friend.” Taehyung nodded at her answer, resuming to eat his cheesecake when Joohyun asked him in return. “What about you?” the other looked at her then replied, “No one. I’m alone.” The two started to talk about random things which was new for Joohyun because she found Taehyung comfortable to be with. With the two-kept conversing, they hadn’t that it was already afternoon. The two looked at each other then laughed. “I didn’t even notice that we stayed here for like three hours, that’s a first to me.” Joohyun said still chuckling making the other nod in agreement “Yeah me either, it was just too fun talking to you.”

 

“Thanks a lot. I was feeling down, but talking to you made me feel better, like I was talking to someone I know for long.” She confessed while smiling in a sincere way. Taehyung nodded twice before pinching both of the lass’ cheeks. “I’m glad I could help. Well how about this, whenever you feel down call me and I’ll listen to your rants. Deal?” the lass nodded in response and laughed. She was having fun but then it was ruined when her phone suddenly rang, fishing her phone out of her bag her mood darkened when she saw who the caller was. She was planning to ignore it when someone, a familiar someone appeared before her looking really mad. “I can see that you’re having fun. Who’s this, love?” Sehun asked while looking at Taehyung with an annoyed expression plastered on his face.

 

~

a/n: I uploaded two chapters today since I was feeling okay. Well do tell me what you guys think by commenting down below or pm me :)