Chapter Two

Fantaisie

Chapter Two


I stared at the USB flash drive in my hand while slightly smiling. I looked like an idiot but I cannot hide what I am feeling right now. "Hey, you okay?" My sister asked me while watching me staring at my hand. I nodded and grin at her. She nodded as a reply but still not convinced. After she left, I locked the room, open my laptop and connect the device to it, still smiling. The happening a while ago keeps on replaying on my mind.

~~~

Awhile ago

It was after the last class ended and I was walking at the hallway, going home, when I heard his voice called my name. I didn't look back, slightly turning down the volume of my earphones but still pretending that I couldn't hear him. But then Kai yelled a several times that with a hesitant heart, I looked back and saw him running towards me. He stopped in front of me, panting. "Next time..." He suddenly reached out his hands and removed the earphones on my ears. "Don't listen to music when you're walking.."

I was frozen at that moment and didn't have guts to utter a single word. 

"Take this." He gently grabbed my hands and put the USB flash drive on my palm. "I saved you a movie and I am certain that you will like it." I looked at him with a puzzled looked and asked, "Why?" 

His was looking at me and I was melting. My palms were sweaty. My heart pumps slowly then fastly then slowly again. The cycle keeps on repeating. I breathed in and out, trying to maintain my coolness.

"Well, I thought you might like this movie." He replied and sheepishly smiled. I snorted to prevent showing my wide grin. "How can you be sure that I will like it?" 

His smile widen and answered, "I just know. Wanna bet?" I smiled and said, "I don't play bet."

"Just watch it okay? I promise you, you will like it!" He pleaded with his mesmerizing eyes. 

 

I'm about to burst. 

 

"Fine.." I said a word and then left. I hastily walked away from him, grinning from ear to ear. 

 

~~~

I grabbed a box of tissue and wiped my tears that was contionuously falling. I stared at the screen, still crying. 

"How dare you make me cry..."

I took my phone and texted him.

Me: Wth Kai! If you planned on making me cry with this movie.. Well, congratulation you just made my eyes puffed.

Not a minute when my phone beep. I hastily opened it.

Kai: Told you it was great! And I'm seriously excited to see your puffy eyes.  

. Excited? Wth! Why am I blushing? I covered my face with a pillow and scream while kicking my legs in the air. I typed after calming myself,

Me: Then I'll SERIOUSLY going to choke you till you die, mister. ><

I was smiling from ear to ear as I keep on reading his message. 

Kai: Hahah. That's scary but then your eyes will still be puffed. Just kidding, Soojung!

Kai: Its 12 midnight, you should sleep. Good night, Soojung. Stop crying now :) See you tomorrow then.

 

Sigh. Sigh. Sigh. 

Why is he acting like this all the sudden? Not that I don't like it but why does he suddenly doing these things? Does he like me? Or am I the only one putting a meaning to his actions? 

 

 

This is confusing me.