Chapter Six

Fantaisie

Chapter Six


 

"Glad you decided to come down and help us." My sister, Jessica, said while helping mom prepare our dinner. I half smiled at her and quickly took some of the food in the plate and put it in my mouth.

My sister glared at me and smacked my hand. "Girl, stop snatching the food and help us here." She said while she was cooking. I sighed and replied, "Fine. I'll go get the plates!" 

 

"As always." Jessica sarcastically said with a sigh and continued cooking again. Our mom chuckled and said, "Let Soojung be.. She must be so tired walking home with some cute guy." My eyes just popped out and I looked back at my mom with a shocked face. 

 

"Ohhh. So she had a date." My sister looked at me with a teasing eyes. "Sounds interesting." I calmed my nervous heart and answered back, "It wasn't a date, okay?" I walked towards them. "He was also walking to his house and coincidently he lived just next to our neighborhood." I explained clearly and with not so true back-up story that I've made just a few seconds ago. "Okay Krys. No need to be defensive." Jessica replied while her eyes is still giving me a teasing stare. And so does my mom.

 

"I am not being defensive. I'm just explaining it to you guys. Clearly." I answered and went to the dining room and continued my chores. After I finished, I reached out for my phone and saw his name on my screen. I opened it and read his message thay was sent five minutes ago.

 

Kai: Hey!

 

I hesitated with texting him back right away or wait for like a minute or two to text him back. But unfortunately, my fingers decided to typed quickly and pressed send, saying:

 

Me: Yeah?

 

Kai:Nothing. Just checking if you're still alive. What's up?

 

Me:As if we haven't seen each other all day. What do you want?

 

Kai: Well nothing much, I was just bored here and decided if I could goof around and tease you tonight.

 

Well he replied quicker than I thought. And I can't stop smiling.

 

Me: Funny. I'm in such a good mood right now that even your teasing and lame jokes couldn't bother my night. So don't try you'll just exhaust yourself.

 

Kai: Why? Because you got walked by some handsome guy a while ago?

 

Me: Was he handsome? I don't know about that.

 

Kai: Oh come on, he's like the most good looking guy I ever met! Look I can't even stop fanboying about him.

 

Me: Well, as what Justin Bieber sings you should go and love yourself.

 

"Dinner's ready! Soojung, come here and let's eat." My mom shouted. "Coming!" I yelled back and quickly typed.

 

Me: Gotta go. Dinner.

 

Kai: Btw, you didn't deny.

 

Me: Deny what?

 

Kai: That I am the reason you are in such a good mood right now.

 

I choked after reading it. I quickly checked his previous message and I choked again. "What the hell, Soojung." I mumbled and was about to text back when he messaged me again.

 

Kai: Just kidding. Now, off you go and eat a lot.

 

"For real, Krys. The food's getting cold!" Jessica yelled and I hastily pocket my phone and went to the dining room while telling myself that these silly things happening inside my stomach is only because I'm hungry. "These are not collywobbles." I mumbled as I cluthed my stomach. 

 

(a/n: collywobbles - as what we call butterflies in our stomach)