Chapter Eight

Fantaisie

Chapter Eight


 

"Looks like you're in good mood lately." Jessica said while she took a seat in front of me. I was sitting at our dining room with my phone in front of me, rereading the conversations I had a few hours ago with Kai.

 

I smiled and said, " Not really." She smiled back and nodded. 

 

"Your smile is not really. So mind telling me?"

 

"I..I..uh." I was hesitating whether to tell my sister or not but it seems now is not the right time. My heart isn't ready yet. "It's nothing. I just had a great day at school that's all." She seems not convinced but she just nodded and let it go. After a few minutes she told me, "You know you can tell me anything." I smiled at my sister and answered, "I'm fine. If I have a problem, you'd be the first one to hear it." She smiled back and nodded.

 

Our conversations continued and we talk about some stuff but her phone suddenly rang out of nowhere.

 

"Excuse me.." Jessica got up and hurriedly went to the living room with a smile plastered on her face. It might be her boyfriend. I'm so happy seeing her perfectly good with her boyfriend. I sighed and looked at my phone, waiting for his name to pop out but it still it didn't. I gave up waiting for his text and decided to go for a walk. 

 

 

I plugged in my earphones and enjoyed the breeze as I strolled in our neighborhood. I was busily admiring the view when he appeared out of nowhere. Kai was standing a few meters in front of me. My mind went blank and my heart started to act weird as he walked towards me with his boyish smile.

 

"You okay?"

 

"I..uh.." I cleared my throat and continued. "Yeah. I'm fine." He nodded and smiled again. I avoided his gaze and began walking slowly. He followed me and matched his steps with mine. 

 

"What are you doing here?" 

 

He looked at me and responded, "Just strolling around this neighborhood. I heard this place got a nice view." I slightly smiled and nodded in agreement.  "How about you?" He asked. I shrugged and answered, "I just needed some fresh air."

 

"Hmm." He nodded and then silence occupied us. We walk side by side and admired the view.  I calmed myself especially my heart. I tried practicing my tone while talking with him in my mind. I kept in reminding myself that it's just a silly crush so I shouldn't feel awkward but my hands weren't listening since it kept on sweating.

 

"I was waiting for you to text me.." 

 

I was startled and hesitantly gaze at him. He was looking straight forward, hands clasped on his back. I gathered my voice and asked, "W-what?" He smiled a little and looked directly into my eyes. "I said I was waiting for your text."

 

"W-why?" I quickly broke my gaze at him. 

 

. Don't blush. Don't blush.

 

"Hmm. Well, I don't know." He paused for a little while and said, "I just want to talk to you."

 

"Ohh. Uhm. I was busy." I controlled my voice so that it won't be shaky. He just nodded in reply and I can see at the corner of my eyes he smiled. It was a different smile though. It's not one of those smile I always see but yet that smile doubles my heart beat. I took my courage and looked at him. He was still giving me that smile. I couldn't help but too returned it back. If only I could keep that smile of his.

 

"Are you free tomorrow?" He asked in a low voice that almost sound like a whisper. Did I ever mention that his voice sounded music to me. It's so damn gentle and manly at the same time. I breathed in a lot of air but it seems that it's still not enough oxygen to keep me stable from his gaze and his question. Should I say yes? I kept on debating if I should say yes. I wanted to say yes but I just can't. My cowardness took over me.

 

"A-actually.. No.." 

 

Yes. Yes. A damn big yes.

 

"Ohh. Okay.." I'm afraid to looked up, afraid to looked at his expression.

 

"I'm sorry its just my mom want me to tag along with her tomorrow." I said trying to make a believable excuse. "It's okay." He said and flashed a smile at me when I looked up. "Well I have to go home now. They might be finding me right now."

 

"Okay." I shortly said. He looked into my eyes and before he walked away he said, "Okay."

 

As I watched his figure disappeared in the distance, I sighed at myself. 

 

"Stupid Soojung.."