Chapter Five

Fantaisie

Chapter Five


His smiles aren't that dazzling compare to my favorite artists but when he he does, my whole body got frozen and my hands kept crying sweats. He's not the kind of guy whom I always dream of but my mind kept on drifting to his face. He, unknowingly, makes me happy. 

 

"Hey," Kai called out while waving an ice cream in front of my face. "You keep on dozing off. You okay?"

 

"Oh.." I blankly replied. "Yeah, I'm good." He handed me the ice cream and we started walking, heading to my house. We argued a little a while, I said that I'm fine walking home alone and I don't need company but he argued back and said, "Well I'm not fine with that. So I'm walking you home." And I couldn't fight back anymore because its hard to keep my face steady after he said those words.

 

"Can you just please pretend that you're happy because I'm walking you home?" He blurted as we were walking in silence. "Your face seems really sad and disappointed.."

 

"Can you please stop being an emo." I said and lightly smiled at him. "And I never said I didn't like it."

 

Uh-oh. . Did I just said that out loud?

 

I looked at him and his face was beaming. He was about to say something but I cut him off and firmly  added, "And I never said I like it."  But his smile didn't fade a bit and answered back with a teasing tone, "I didn't said anything just yet. Stop being so defensive."  I smacked him at his arm and said, "I am not being defensive. I want to clear things before you get a wrong idea."

 

"You know if you like me, you could just tell me." He goofily said and playfully put his arms around my shoulders. With a crazily beating heart and unsteady me, I managed to brushed off his arms around me and smacked him again. "You and your very high self-esteem. Stop dreaming and wake up."

 

He laughed and I chuckled. And we walked again in silence but it wasn't as awkward as awhile ago.  "I'm curious about one thing." He said as he looked at me. I tried to hold my stare at him for a minute but I changed my gaze at a different direction after a few seconds.

 

"What?"

 

He was hesitant for a minute but then he asked, "Just wondering if you like someone?" He glanced at me and I, who don't know what to do, tried to slowly gulped as I don't know how should I answer him.

 

"Why would you ask?"

 

He shrugged his shoulders and answered, "Nothing. Its just that you're always talking about your idols and I don't hear you actually talking about who you like or whatever."

 

"Hmmm.." I nodded and didn't say anything after.

 

"So?" He said and looked at my direction. "Do you like someone beside your idols who always sing and dance, Soojung?" 

 

"And what if I tell you there is one?" He keeps on looking at me as we walked. We're getting nearer to my house and I can't help but to walk a little faster to end this conversation that I always don't want to talk about. "I'll ask who but then I know you wouldn't tell me.." He replied. "So I'll ask you why do you like him? You'll answer me, right?"

 

"Uhm.." I took a glance at him. I really can't read him. Why would he asked me this kind of question? Is he really eager to know?

 

"What?" He asked. I lightly shrugged my shoulders and simply replied, "It just happens." He gave me a long sigh and said, "You know, you're actually really good at this; dodging question perfectly." I chuckled and answered, "Why? Do I really need a reason to like him?"

 

He stared at me for a long time. I tried to stare back but once again I just can't.  "Waaah. You're seriosuly so good at it." He said and shook his head from side to side while giving me a grin. I can only smile at him in reply. "Well, I'm curious about one thing too." I said. He glanced at me and replied, "What can a great Soojung be curious about. Hmm. What is it?"

 

"Why do you keep on calling me Soojung?" I asked him. "Our classmates call me by my American name, Krystal well of course except for Luna and Seohyun." His eyebrows crinkled then he smiled boyishly. "I like Soojung better than Krystal."

 

We continued walking in silence as we reached my neighborhood. From time to time, I can see from the corner of eyes that he kept on glancing at me. I tried ignoring it and acted as normal as possible.

 

 "Here we go." He said as we stopped in front of my house. "I don't know if I should thank you for walking me home or for abducting me and keep on feeding when I'm actally full." I said in a playful manner. He laughed and pinched my cheeks. And the hell my face was blushing not because of the pinch but because of him.

 

"You're very much welcome, m'lady." He curtsied and smiled widely. "Get inside now." He pushed me and said, "Thank you for today. I'll see you tomorrow." He smiled at me and gestured me to go inside my house. I waved goodbye and tried to stop myself from looking back at him. 

 

As I was inside the house, I quickly ran to my room and squealed because I'm feeling too much feels that I cannot contain it anymore.