Chapter Seven

Fantaisie

Chapter Seven


 

 

 

 

There still an hour left before dismissal but Mrs. Yoo ended our class earlier than usual and my stomach couldn't stop acting weird with all this butterflies inside of it. It's lunch after this class. And by lunch means seeing him again. After the stupidity I did last night? No. I can't face him without feeling awkward. Oh no, wait! I can't even look at him directly because its too uncomfortable to me. Cos for me, looking at him means telling him 1/4 of my feelings and the heck I couldn't even bring myself telling my friends about it.

 

"Is Mrs. Yoo okay? She seems pretty friendly with us lately." Seohyun said as she began fixing her things. Luna responded, "I don't care. The important thing is that we could eat lunch early and avoid the long lines in the cafeteria."  I sighed and put my things on my bag. Seohyun looked at me and asked, "Are you okay, Soojung? You seem not happy?"

 

"I'm fine." I answered and forced a smile for her. She wasn't convinced but she let it go. We just enter the cafeteria and I could almost see his face among the crowd. He's there. So not perfectly handsome but still charming. He was talking with his friends and it seems serious. I wanted to slap myself for having a thought that he seriously looked hotter when he's so focus.

 

"What should we eat?" Seohyun asked. I shrugged my shoulders and looked at Luna and she answered, "Anything . I just want to fill my empty stomach." 

 

We headed towards the line. The cafeteria isn't crowded as it is usually, and so I decided to walk behind Luna and Seohyun to hide myself from his vision. Few more steps, I was so confident he wouldn't see me. I decided to take a quick glance at him but he caught my gaze, smiled at me and wave. 

 

How should I respond? Should I wave back or smile?

 

And I couldn't even do both because my friends pulled me to the counter. "And here I thought we were early for lunch." Luna complained as we were walking around to find some empty tables.  "Oh there!" Seohyun pointed at the opposite direction to where I was looking, and to where he was sitting with his friends. 

 

Oh god, please no.

 

"Soojung, let's go." Seohyun said as she dragged me towards their table. I pulled myself and suggested, "We should just sit outside."

Luna looked at me as if I had gone crazy. Or maybe I had. "It's too hot outside, Soojung. And as far as I remember, you don't like being sweaty. Now, come on." She said and took my right arm and dragged me towards their table.

 

"Hey guys mind if we join?" Luna asked but took a seat right away, not waiting for their reply. Taemin chuckled and responded, "Make yourself comfortable." Seohyun also took a seat beside Luna which leads me no choice but to sit beside Kai. I breathed in and out. Remind myself I'm going to do fine and that I can breath normally beside him. Luna, Seohyun, Taemin and his other friend began talking with themselves. I focused on my food and my eating and ignoring his gazes at me. 

 

"Are you ignoring me?" Kai asked but not too loud for our friends to hear. I looked at him quickly and answered, "No, why would I?"

 

He shrugged but his eyes were still on me. "Well, I feel that you're ignoring me. You're quiet right now."

 

"I'm just sleepy." I shortly said as I took a bite of my lunch. 

 

"Why? Something's bothering you?" I don't know if is it just me or I could clearly hear smirk when he said that. I gather all my concentration towards my food again and firmly stick my eyes to it. 

 

"Nothing." 

 

I can still feel him looking at me as if he's studying me. And I felt conscious about my face that I cursed myself for not applying powder awhile ago.

 

"Aren't you going to eat your carrots?" He suddenly asked me. I looked at the untouched carrots on the side part of my plate and shook my head. "I'm not a big fan of carrots."

 

"Why?"

 

"I don't like the taste of it." I simply responded. But he seems to be interested that he keep on asking questions about it. "It doesn't have a taste though." He said. Before I could even think of my response, fortunately Luna heard our conversation and interrupted me from answering. "We have told her many times but she still wouldn't believe us." Seohyun nodded in agreement and said, "We always eat her carrots for her but then we eventually got tired of doing it and insisted her to eat some but still wouldn't."

 

I rolled my eyes and answered, "Because I don't like it."

 

"See." Both of them said and went back to eating. 

 

"You better get yourself a someone who could eat your carrots." He playfully said while chuckling. "Should I?" I asked him with my nose wrinkled unknowingly. He smiled widely and pinched my nose. "You should."

 

Will you?

 

I hastily took his hands away from my face and managed a glare to him even though my heart's abnormally beating inside my chest. He lightly laughed and said, "I guess we better go now."

 

"Already?" I thought it was inaudible but he looked at me and smiled. And I swear if only I could dig a hole and bury myself I would definitely do it.  I looked away from his gaze. "Well, gotta do our project." He answered, still smiling but even more wider than a while ago. "But I'll see you later, I hope." 

 

Somebody bring me a shovel! I need to hide myself and my stupidity.

 

After he left with his friends, I can feel Luna and Seohyun burning gaze at me. I ignored for a minute hoping they would give up but they seem pretty determined to extract something I'm hiding from them. So I decided to looked up and calmly and innocently asked, "What?" They were trying to control their smile as Luna raised an eyebrow and asked, "What was that all about, Ms. Krystal Jung?" I rolled my eyes but they still have that smug on their faces. I answered, "It's nothing. Geez, you both are being so malicious."

They both laughed at my reponse. Seohyun said, "You're not such a good liar, Soojung."

 

"It's nothing, really." I stated and they chuckled at my expression. "But your face tells us the otherwise." Seohyun teased and they laughed again. I put on my poker face and replied, "Whatever."

 

 

Although, it's not whatever happening inside my mind. Too many thoughts racing inside my brain that I think it might explode. Did I make it obvious? Was that too obvious?