Chapter Four

Fantaisie

Chapter Four


 

"Oh ." I mumbled as I rummaged my pockets and my bag. "Not there?" Seohyun asked as she was helping me find my phone. I shook my head and continue searching. "Where is it?" I keep on mumbling and my heart keeps beating faster as a thought that I lost my phone. "I'm seriously going to die.."

 

"Calm down, okay? Where did you last use your phone anyway?" Seohyun asked. I went through to the deepest part of my brain.. 

 

Let see.. Comfort room? Nope. Hmm. In the laboratory room? Definitely not.

 

I shrugged my shoulders and answered, "I really don't remember.."

 

"Oh gosh, what should we do? What if I can't find my phone?" I panicked. "What should I tell my mom?"

 

"Don't panic, okay?" Seohyun calmed me down. "I'm pretty sure we're going to find your phone." But it didn't work. My heart's still beating fast and I keep on biting my fingernails. The bell rang signaling us that class will resume five minutes later. I looked at Seohyun with a worried face. I was about to cry. "Stop that." Seohyun said. "After class, we will go to the counsel and check if someone already return your phone,okay?" I just nodded and sighed. 

 

What else am I going to do then? Act like a crazy woman, cry loudly while searching for my phone? I guess its best for me to stay calm and attend our last class this afternoon. I walked with a heavy steps with Seohyun, patting my back, besides me.

 

~~~

 

"So how do we find the value of x?" 

 

Mrs. Kim voice keeps getting louder and louder as she continuous asked us question about x's and its value.  I can't even focus because my phone keeps on popping into my head everytime I decided to really listen to our teacher. I opened the back page of my notebook and start scribbling to waste time. Not a minute when Seohyun, who is sitting beside me, nudged me and secretly passed her phone. Using my ninja skills, I hastily and quietly got it from her and checked it.

 

Kai: Can you please let Soojung read this; Hey! Look, I'm sorry I forgot to give your phone back.. I know by now you seriously want me killed but I didn't mean it. REALLY DIDN'T.  I'll give it back to you after class. Be waiting at the gate :) 

 

Oh.. How should I react to this without my teacher plus my classmates and Seohyun, who keeps on taking a look at me every second, noticing?  "Oh gosh..." I mumbled. I lowered my head, trying to cover my blushing face with my hair, and quiety returned Seohyun's phone to her. I put my hands on my chest and calmed my heart who kept on acting weird, as usual.

 

~~~

 

I was heading to the gate alone. Seohyun, who seems busy today as a council president, and Luna, who has a dance rehearsal every after class, told me that I'm too old for whining and I can take care of myself. What a great friends I have, right? I tried telling myself to remain calm.

 

Let's calm down. Calm down. 

 

"Get the phone and go home." Those words repeatedly keep coming out of my mouth as a mumbled.  At the distant, I saw him, standing still with his headphones on, looking not so perfect but enough to make my brain blanked. And for a minute, I stood there frozen with my hands clasped together. "Get the phone and go home." I firmly said to myself. "Its no biggie. Its not as if he's going to walk you home or so. This is just business, Soojung. 100 percent."

 

I inhaled some air to keep me calm and steady and I began walking towards his direction. He suddenly looked up as I stopped in front of him. He smiled at me but in response, I extended my arm and spread my hand, signalling him to give my phone back. I'm not sure but his smile turned into a playful one and said, "You should've smiled back at me when I smiled at you."

 

Lub. Dub. Lub. Dub.

 

The organ at my left chest began to act weirdly again.

 

Please stop. Stop beating so fast. 

 

I cleared my throat and answered, "Just give me back my phone." I gave him a tired look and slightly pout my lips to look pitiful. "I am really tired, frustrated and stressed right now. Have a little mercy on me." I said as I pointed my oh-so-pitiful face. He chuckled and ruffled my hair. "As much as I'm concerned and worried about you but first thing firsts."

 

"Huh?"

 

He gave me a wicked smile and said, "I told you owe me something."

 

I rolled my eyes. "What is it?"

 

"Time. You owe me your time."