Chapter Three

Fantaisie

Chapter Three


 

I was sitting alone, waiting for my friends inside the cafeteria. My class ended early and we planned on eating lunch together. And since I still got a few minutes to wait, I entertained myself with some music while playing games in my phone.  I was too focus that I didn't looked up to checked who sat beside me. 

 

"Woahh.." I softly exclaimed while pressing and sliding my fingers on my phone. I was really close to winning when a hand suddenly removed my headphones. I got distracted and got pissed because I lost the game. I looked up with a glaring eyes and he was there, goofily smiling.  "You seriously got me game over." I said pretending to be annoyed although I've forgiven him the moment I knew it was him who distracted me. Uhh. You guys understand me, right? 

 

Kai chuckled and gave me a reply, "Your eyes are really puffy."

 

I slapped his arms and he laughed loudly.  "This is all your fault. You should be sorry about this." I said and unknowingly my lips slightly pout. He chuckled again and swiftly got my phone. He hid it away from me. "Wasn't my fault you're a cry-baby." He commented. He was looking directly into my eyes that I didn't know where to look at. I can't look straight to his eyes. I might melt. 

 

I didn't respond and I tried to get my phone from him but he hastily held my hand to stop me from reaching it. "Just for a moment, stop looking at your phone and let's talk." He said. I can't explain what my heart felt. It keeps beating and my body was frozen. He sighed and continued, "We just barely talk to each other and when we do you always push me away."

 

I gulped. What should I say? That I can't stand a moment with you because I might blurt out what I really feel about you. No I just can't say that. I don't want to. 

 

"Why are you so emotional today?" I said in a playful tone just to ease the tense that I felt right now.

 

"Because you're being mean to me." He replied, eyes still on me. I rolled my eyes and said, "I'm not mean you're just being judgemental." 

 

"Now, you're being mean again." He pointed out. "And for that you owe me big. Go buy me some snacks." I looked at him with disbelief, trying not to smile at his pouty face.  "Shouldn't you go buy me some snacks because I lost the game because of you. And please stop pouting, it doesnt suit you." I said while chuckling.

 

Stop pouting. I might fall hard for you.

 

He chuckled too and playfully  answered, "Oh, come on, no one can resist me."  I sarcastically laugh and said, "Seriously stop joking around."

 

He was about to argue when my friends arrived. "Ohhh~ I sense something.." Seohyun teasingly said as they took a seat in front of us. "Must be love." Luna responed to Seohyun's teasing. They look at us with those "oh-so-devilish" look.  I rolled my eyes and sarcastically said, "And you guys must be really hungry."

 

"I told you! We look good together!" He chuckled as he told me. I almost faint at what he said but I tried to remain calm for the sake of myself and for this hidden feelings of mine. "Whatever." I simply said. The three of them laughed at me. 

 

"Well then that's my cue to leave. Enjoy eating." He stood up. Half of me wanted to tell him to stay and the other half was relieved because I don't have to be so concious of myself.  "You're trying to escape from us, aren't you?" Luna commented.

 

"Kai doesn't want to treat us for lunch." Seohyun sulkingly exclaimed. He chuckled and answered, "I'll treat you all someday but right now I think you three need to eat.." He said while examining us and then his gaze stopped at me and continued saying, "especially you."

 

What was that? I didn't know how to react and he never really gave me a chance to react because he quickly bid goodbye.

 

"Seriously, that guy has some serious mental issue." Seohyun said while Luna laughed at her comment.  "He's just crazy." Luna said while still laughing.  I was just nodding my head and laughed a bit but my mind was still stuck at that stare he had given me a while ago. I must have gone crazy too.